Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan/Feb 2007

hi melbel - i'm a bit like you in the no side effects thing from the synarel nasal spray - the very first day when i'd started i felt a bit off color, but i think that was mostly from the heat and smoke in our area that day - absolutely nothing since then! Good luck for the wedding too - those last couple of weeks are just going to fly by - hope you have the best day of your life so far!

dreambub - i have my fingers crossed for your transfer on wednesday - it sounds like so far everything is going to plan. what was "the secret" about?

sazzafrazz - i ope you get your test results soon and you can move forward with your TTC journey

My FS appointment is scarily close right now! At my last weight check-in (on Saturday), I'd lost 3kg... which was pretty impressive as I'd stuffed myself with pizza (yes, I know - naughty me!) the night before. I was tired, grumpy and we were both too exhausted to cook, so we didn't. I'm hoping that the weight loss will be enough to enable us to start without having to do another round of testing. In particular, I'm desperate to avoid another GTT! The three day carb-fest is enough to make me sick just thinking about it, I've got so used to the new way of eating.

Week two at school, and I'm still amazingly enjoying my classes... my year 8 class is quite scary, though - there's 6 boys! And it's so unbelievably quiet when they are working that I just don't know what to do with myself!

Back later for personals hopefully... Mel, I hope you do manage to juggle the wedding and EPU without too much hassle - it sounds really full on!

BW

dream bub Guest

Hi

Melbel - Lucrin doesnt give me any side effects really. This cycle I got a few headaches, but theyre quite common for me and I might have had them anyway. Only thing i get is bruising.... When you start FSH you will probably have a few side effects. Good Luck in the lead up to the wedding - it was the best time of my life.

BG - "The Secret" was pretty much about transformng the way you think. Ive seen plenty of motivational videos and books that they throw at me from work constantly, but this one really hit the spot. They werent "selling" anything. Basically it was based on the principal that you attract in to your life whatever you focus on and it seriously made sense to me. I think they have their own site. Maybe if you google The secret or secret TV you will get some info.

Somehow I don't think bruising will be so much of an issue for me Shaz.......I am kinda an expert at the painless injection thing being a type 1 diabetic for 28 yrs...hehe......that is the ONE thing about this that doesn't bother me.

On the advice of BW I am joining this thread!

Ive just added a signature and I wanted to see if its works!

sounds interesting melbel. might have a look at it later tonight

the FSH injections aren't too scary yet (they'll be a breeze for you mel!) - so far i'm bruise (and side effect) free! it's only a few days into it, but if i was going to bruise, i would have done from day dot.

Welcome, Kim! Glad to see you have joined us!

Mel, maybe you should give us all tips on how to inject painlessly - it's the one thing that has me most terrified in the whole process!

BW

BW - don't worry about the injections - they don't hurt at all! i honestly hardy notice it - probably the hardest part is working out what you're dong first time - but seriously, there's no pain.

Kim - welcome. hope your stay with us is short (actually, hope all of us have a short stay here!)

Needles are more likely to bruise the slower you go or the tenser you are.....easy to say relax, hard to do as a learner driver. Also if you are hot you have more blood vessels closer to the surface and therefore more likelihood of nicking a vessel. straight in with a steady motion not stop start again hard not to do when you are nervous. You will also find the angle of the dangle has a part to play. The needle is filed away to a point but only one the one side if you get what a mean. If you have that side or more exactly the exact part ot the point going in first the insertion will be cleaner. So if you find you inject on a slight amgle check that the eye where the drops come out is facing up towards you. This will ensure the pointiest bit is puncturing the skin more cleanly. OH and most importantly...remember to breath. So Many people hold their breath when they inject, this will only make any pain worse.

Good Luck

Thanks so much for your welcome guys!

Its good to know I can come in here for support or questions...speaking of questions and Im so sorry guys but because Im new to IVF i have many...but I was just wondering...I went for my day 21 BT today before the syranel. Prior to my BT the nurse said that I would start the syranel in a day or two depending on my BT results, but when I called this afternoon they told me to start tonight! Why is this? Have they started me on the syranel to late in my cycle?

Thanx
    Kim

i was in the same boat when i starte synarel. i think they check day 21 to check for signs of ovulation - if you've o'd they give a little more time in case there's a chance of a natural little miracle - if your results on day 21 show no ovulation has occurred, they can start you straight away - i gues they're playing it safe - if you're progesterone is a little higher on day 21 they wait a little longer just in case IYKWIM? i know that i was checked for HCG, estrogen and progesterone before starting on synarel, but they main thing they were interested in was the progesterone...

good luck with the synarel - it tastes pretty ordinary once you get it running down the back of your throat - i generally have a glass of water, or try to clean my teeth around the same time that i do the spray to make sure it doesn't linger - and no big dramas here.

Welcome Kim! Good luck with the IVF, and you should definitely ask questions as I get better information from these girls than from the FS!

Mel, thanks for the needle tips! If I have to go back for a second stim cycle, I will have a much better technique now.

Just wanted to say hi to all the TWW girls. For me, that is excruciating! Especially as you're not allowed to guzzle wine to help with the stress.

We are going back to see our FS tomorrow...gearing up for our second FET.

Cheers,
    RG

Congrats Shaz, those embies are HUGE!!! Heres hoping they produce nice big healthy babies for you!! i only got a 4 and a 5 cell on day 3, so you go girl!!

Very interesting that you say that ICSI didnt improve your fertilisation rates...my doctor at QFG really wants me to try ICSI. I figure if the egg doesnt fertilise then it wont with ICSI either...ICSI i thought was really used when there was sperm factor infertility, not to improve fertilisation rates... who knows, they're the experts i guess.

Kim is on CD5 and day 4 of taking Clomid...going for bloods and U/S on saturday. We will be using the last vial of the donor sperm we chose. After this attempt we are having a break (yeah i know we will see what REALLY happens when the time comes) and saving up for another go at IVF maybe with ICSI, maybe not....i want to find out way much more before i do it.

Default HRT Question

Hi Girls,

Is anyone able to tell me how expensive an FET cycle with HRT is, compared with a natural FET cycle?

Also, does the HRT just involve pessaries, or is it more than that?

Thanks heaps,

RG

dream bub Guest

HI RG - Sorry I can't help with your question on FET with HRT, I know a normal FET was $1385 (at QFG) less your MC rebate but not sure with HRT.

Two Mums - would love to know how you go with ICSI this time, You are correct in commenting on the sperm count being the reason for ICSI of course, I think maybe I am grabbing at straws in looking for a better fertilisation rate! Also I spoke with scientist today and she said that of my 15 eggs, 5 were just not mature enough & therefore not capable of fertilising, so I actually got 5 fertilise from the 10 that were capable which is much more acceptable. Not sure why I had immature eggs, to my knowledge this hasnt happened to me before.

Welcome Kim - All the best of luck, I hope your stay is short (ditto to all).

Melbel - Thanks for the needle tips, I think I bruise myself because i am always in such a hurry and have a habit of injecting in to the same site. I bruise more toward the end of the cycle than the start. I am with the others - they dont hurt! WHo would have every thought. In fact I find the needles easier than having to get out of bed at 6am for those early morning BT's! Not a morning girl.

Embie update - start of day 4. Still Have 5 ! Yay! 2 at morrelar stage and 3 at 12 cell. All is looking quite hopeful. Transfer tomorrow, and I am praying the other 3 can be frozen.
    Last edited by dream bub; February 6th, 2007 at 02:11 PM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

RG,

a few of the girls in the LTAC threads have done HRT FETs. Might be worth posting in that forum for help.

Hello everyone waiting, sniffing, injecting and TWWing etc!

I'm starting to get really excited here! One more day at work, and then we're off to the FS appointment!

I'm a little scared that I'm going to build myself up to such an extreme level of excitement and anticipation... and then we'll just get sent for another round of tests. I so hope we can start - I'm over the hanging around waiting and having to take the pill!

BW

Hello to all ladies,
    I've posted on BB before but not here. I've read through many messages and only hope with all my heart that your wishes to have happy healthy bubs come true. I've just commenced IUI & am surprised to read posts indicating IUI doesn't seem to be successful.
    My DH works o/s 4 months at a time, hence our decision to do IUI, to make the most of the months he's away. I had my 1st IUI yesterday after testing +ve for LH surge on Sunday. So firstly hoping that the window of opportunity was still open at the time.
    My DH's sperm count is lower than normal, but motility is high so that's a good thing at least.
    We've only had 1 try naturally since DH started working o/s, which was unsuccessful. So IUI is our next best option for now.
    Historically- I came off contraception 1 yr ago & fell pg 4 mths later. After the m/c, spent late last year waiting for cycle to get back to normal....I think it is now.
    Seeing how we go...

Lots of luck to you all,

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast