Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2008 #1

Good morning ladies, I hope everyone had a great weekend.

plc1805 I know what you mean about it being hard when everyone around you is pregnant or when you constantly have newborns thrown in your face. Its not easy but you just need to remember that it will be our turn very soon.

Bec Glad to hear the trigger shot went well. It looks scary. The purgeon pen is very cool but the trigger shot is a proper injection. Might get DH to do that one. Wow, your brother having 3 kids by the age of 19, must be a real challenge!

tigerlinda good luck with the lap tomorrow. Hope all goes well!

Well i had my first injection this morning.. And i was very suprised at how easy it was. I was expecting it to sting or something but i didnt feel a thing. Dh turned around and said, "Are you sure you have the medication inside the pen?" lol I might have my crazy moments but im not that crazy... haha I was very excited to get this all started. Now i just have to wait for my BT on Friday. Can anyone tell me what exactly will they be able to tell me on Friday at the first BT?

Paula so glad the first injection went well

The 1st Blood Test is to see that you are reacting to the injections thr right way and to check they have the right dose

Hi Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was very relaxing with our first anniversary yesterday. I'm such a lucky girl with the wonderful DH that I have.

Paula: Good news that you are getting into the rythm with your injections. I find the Puregon is nice and easy, but the trigger injection is a little more daunting for me (not trying to scare you!!) I think it is because it is a syringe instead of the pen, so more psychological than anything.

TL: all the best of luck for tomorrow. I am sure everything will be fine. I will be thinking of you.

Lynos: I tried Clomid for 3 months and it didn't even make me ovulate, so the next step for me was OI (ovulation induction). OI is essentially the same sort of drugs as IVF, but at a lower dose. The "fertilisation phase" is done naturally, so that part is like the clomid. The OI was good in the fact that it has made me ovulate, but 6 months later, I am still not pregnant. We are on our last try with OI, and then we are moving to IVF. The FS told me that if you have been ovulating with OI (which essentially is what Clomid does also) and you haven't got pregnant within 6 months, then they look at moving you to IVF as your chances of getting pregnant double. So that is a good thing. I too was thinking of IUI before my FS suggested IVF. From what I have read the success rate for IUI is lower than IVF. So I personally am going to skip the IUI and go to IVF. I too am 36, and really think that the IVF is going to give me the best chance at this time. I was upset when first told also because IVF had always been my back up plan. But after talking to a lot of people, particularly on here, I have come to realise that it is not the end of the world, rather a new opportunity.

As for me... had my day 10 scan this morning and my stupid ovaries are not behaving again! I have been on the increased dose from last month (50iu) from day 3, and my largest follicle is only 10mm. FS said that my ovaries were looking particularly Poly Cystic this morning. I am so sick of not knowing from month to month how my ovaries are going to react to the medication. I guess it really is a good thing that we are moving to IVF, I think we need the added help as my body certainly isn't doing anything positive at the moment! So I am on an increased dose again, and it means that the trigger will be delayed also.

Hope everyone is having a great day and looking forward to the long weekend.

Janie xxx

Hi everyone,

Just jumping back in here amongst all you lovelies after hanging out in the TWW thread as my BT today was a BFN.

We'll be starting another cycle straight after AF arrives - last chance before we move o/s on April 16.

Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll look forward to catching up and finding out where everyone is at in the next day or so.

TL, best of luck for tomorrow, hun. You'll be in my thoughts. What time is the op at? Feeling really positive and hopeful for you with this step forward

Miss C

Miss C - sorry about the BFN

Janie - Happy Anniversay and lots and lots of growing vibes

Just got back from EPU, we got 10 eggs which is good I guess.
    Still very sore and have referred pain in my shoulder and chest which is fun. Thank god it's not as bad as last time though, that was a killer.

Will find out tomorrow how many have matured, then hubby gets to do his bit and we can use ICSI to fertilise them. Am praying that we will have at least one embryo to freeze at the end of it all.

Best of luck Bec... hope you get lots of lovely embies out of it.

Janie

Hi Ladies
    Hey Janie......going on my experience...when they scan they usually start off at day 11 but I have had a couple that have done me at day 10 and mine where exactly the same...but by day 12, 13 , 14 etc...they shot right up..dont lose faith babe..they usually grow about 2 per day so day 16 should be your day!!!! they also say that they can be slow then all of a sudden spurt out.......they can grow anymore than 2.5 a day but you just never know....hang in there huni

Thanks for the encouragement Carla... How are you going?

Here's lots of for you xxx

Hi janie
    Yer Im good....abit of stress at work but thats about it......8 more sleeps.....hope we can hang on that long......

Carla - GL with the BT only 8 more sleeps
    Bec - 10 yay GL for the next stage

Had my 1st BT & scan today. They said my hormones are exactly where they want them to be, but my scans don't match up. She couldn't find my right ovary, no matter how hard she tried. I'm told I have 8 follicles in my left ranging from 4.5, 6,8mm & my largest is 10.5mm. They said they can't increase FSH as it could cause OHSS and they're not sure when EPU will be now....I was so excited that I had something they could look at, but now a little confused and disappointed.

I'm so bloated & the cramps are severe. I've put on 3kgs since last week. Bring on EPU!

Lou - hang in there just may take a few more days I usally do

Janie

I had 25 days of injecting this cycle to get my one follicle to 19mm.So slow and steady wins the race (I hope!)

Youll be ok Lou......just need to take it easy. Youll get there.....just seems like it goes on forever doesnt it.

Hey Tigger, how are you after your Lap.........not long to go and you will be in the horrid 2ww..YIPEEEEEEEE

TL - just wanted to wish you all the best hun today - will be thinking of you and sending the purest of positive vibes ur way!!!

BecD - GL today - hope u have some excellently matured eggies!!!

miss c - how exciting for u re ur move o/s. hope this means ul still be around!!! Ur advice and encouragement have been invaluable. GL for next cycle!!!

Thx everyone for ur words of encouragement and understanding recently. Hope ur all well and keeping strong!!!

Just got the call from the clinic, eight of our ten eggs have matured which is great news Last time eight of thirteen matured so we are definitely on the right track. The eggs have been ICSI'd (I love that term!) and we should have fert results tomorrow afternoon.

Fantastic news BecD
    I think it could be a sign for you...egg transfer EASTER SUNDAY.....thats the GOOGIE EGG DAY ALREADY!!!...OH OH OH.......THAT HAS TO BE A SIGN FOR SURE!!!! Be sure not to put all your eggs in one basket!!! hahahahahaaha.....I crack me up!!!
    Well good luck for then!!! you will do great!!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast