Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March/April 2008

Thanks TL and Carla, I'm feeling a bit better now... just having a bit of a "poor me" moment (which I hate!).

TL its great to hear that you are recovering well and getting ready for your cycle. I'll be that this is your time.

Carla I am so so so happy for you. That is great news about your levels. It gives me so much hope.

Saph, I haven't had a chance to say that I'm sorry that this cycle wasn't your time. I will have my that the clomid helps you along this time.

I will let you all know how I find tomorrow.

Janie x

Hi Carla so glad everything is going fine. I am day one today so will start taking clomid on day five or six depending on when the script gets to me in the post. and then wait for the old mucus change and go for it. Really it is just keeping me in a cycle and gives me a chance to concieve. But most importantly I dont have to have all the scans and BT.

I am a really big believer in fate and because we dont want another christmas baby I was sure this would be our month, didn't want to miss out on that but couldn't do the travelling for the scans. Round trip it takes me three hours and my son screems the whole way and I get home thinking why the hell am I doing this who would want two screeming kids. I know for those ttc #1 you would give anything for the screeming child and so would I that is why we are all here. For number one two or whatever. Well there is all my sentimental blah.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

there is so much to catch up on and the longer I wait before i make the time to post the longer I have to catch up with - so I am sending you all a huge , sending lots of positive vibes for those who HAVE been thru the ringer, ARE currently going thru the ringer and are SCHEDULED to go thru the ringer and wishing u best of luck with results. CHIN UP to those who are feeling any less motivated than usual or are particularly down - we will meet our most blessed goal

Carla - great results love having you in here are you going to have your own Pg blog soon.

Saph - this is it for you

Janie - We all have poor me moments and guess what here is great becasue it allows you to get it out.

Janie i dont think that is selfish at all.. We all have these moments and they are hard but you have to keep your chin up and be happy for your sister cause when the time comes for you, im sure she will be happy for you too. But i do understand how hard it is.

Carla that is fantastic news hun... You have to get yourself a pregnancy ticker! Cant wait to follow your pregnancy journey. Do you have a rough EDD yet?

Saph i am a huge believer in fate too. Best of luck with this new cycle.

Well i had my second pregnyl injection this morning and this one actually stung a little. DH was quite impressed at all the mixing and stuff that had to be done. Im just glad i remembered how to do it all!

DH and i are off for the weekend to have a relaxing and romantic getaway. Its been a while since we have had a break so it will be most enjoyable. Really looking forward to it.

Hi Ladies
    Paula...well we think roughly 29/11/08 but scan will be able to tell us more accurate of course......
    Not sure how to do the ticker thing......help????
    I dont think Ill do a blog, I think I would rather keep tracking you guys.....but I will tell you all about my journey....I feel quiet queezy...said to my nurse I didnt htink you could get so many symptons so soon...you can ....even after 2 weeks after conception......I have the headaches, back pain and feels like I have had a donkey kick me in the left side.......and queezy but never bad enough to want to pewk!!! Thankgod but Im sure that will come. Im very tired all the time...I sleep great till about midnight then Im awake ever hour waiting for the alarm clock to go off........this has been goingon for about a week and a half now....looking forward to sleepingin tomorrow!!!

What about the rest of you....hope your ok.......

Paula - name buddy - hope u have a great time away and that ur feeling ok!!

Carla - glad ur doing well hun - i didn't know u could feel the symptoms so early - wow!!

TL - sweet how r u doing in ur new job? and how r u feeling in general?

saph - i totally get the screaming child thing - sometimes i think i would rather have knives going thru my brain (sorry if a bit dramatic) then listen to that screaming. But it doesn't stop me from wanting a screaming bro or sis for that darling screaming child. Gets me upset thinking about it....

janie - honey - i know how horrible it makes u feel when u feel u should be happy and u can't be. there is no rationale for the emotional effects of TTC. pls let us know re tomorrow....

hi jbm, izzylou, ab, and the rest of the lovelies!!!!!

afm, still waiting 18 sleeps to go til TTC is ok'd. altho last night DH and I were a bit naughty and didn't use protection but I don't think it mattered cos i was 5dpo - apart from pg issue, could i have compromised anything else do you think? I wouldn't have thought so as it has been 5 weeks since lap - dunno.

Hey Carla that is great that your getting symptoms because it reminds you how wonderful it is that something it happening in there... Yes please keep in touch with us all and let us know how you are going.

Name buddy, just letting you know in case you hadnt noticed that there is an IUI thread now, a few of the ladies in there were asking for you. Way to go on DTD and dont stress just enjoy it!! Hope you have a fantastic weekend too.

Hi All
    Just wanted to pop in & say a big thank you & farewell. Yep, we have decided to get off this TTC & AC rollercoaster & go with whatever life brings us.
    So, massive thank you's to everyone who has supported & helped me over the last 15 months of AC. It is appreciated. You are all so strong & I am sure you will all achieve your much wanted BFP's.
    Miss C - the very best of luck for the big move! Thank you for always being so lovely & thoughtful.
    TL - all the very best for the new job & this next cycle. You are certainly stronger & more determined than me to succeed in this.
    Carla - a big CONGRATULATIONS.
    Janie - keep positive! Don't think you're mad - we all go through a million different emotions on this ride.
    To everyone else I have missed, thank you for you inspirational comments & support.
    Take care & all the best.

hey name buddy - sorry to be dim but how does one get to the IUI thread

hey name buddy - I found it but I think they meant u honey!!! I don't really have anything to do with IUI (not yet anyway u never know) that's why i was kinda curious. Glad u got ur thread back - sounds like u have a lovely group in there and I hope all of ur dreams come true

Peta - oh u will be missed!!!! GL with everything hun - maybe u may come back and grace us with a visit

Peta - good for you, hun Life can bring all sorts of joyful things (it's actually not that long ago that I actually meet my DH!) and whether you believe that life holds particular plans for you or not, there are times to let go and move to a different focus when you know it is right for you. I hope that your life brings you joy and fulfillment whichever path you choose / chooses you. I'll miss you lots and I have no doubt that BB will still be here if you ever find yourself thinking about TTC, or even UTD! Good Luck, hun. Best wishes

Paula - have a wonderful weekend away with DH - plenty of distractions I hope from the TWW!

plc - I can't see why it would be an issue after 5 weeks since your lap. 18 days to go? That's so good! I can't wait to see you in there TTC, and in the TWW. I hope the time goes quick

Carla - BB has a number of pg tickers that make it really easy to get them up and running. You just get to choose the right one for you! I've included a link to them here. Great news on your BT - I've been hanging out to hear how it went but didn't have any email access in Melb yesterday to check! Looking forward to hearing about your scan next! Hope time goes quickly til then for you

Janie - my first IVF cycle was the same as you (down-reg - are you with Melbourne or Monash?) and I remember how frustrating that long, loooooong cycle was before you even get started really. It's such a stressful time, dealing with the start of a new journey, so don't beat yourself up for the reactions and emotions that natural for you to be feeling now

TL - many hugs to you as always, m'dear. Getting close now! So excited for you

saph - so good to hear you have a plan of action next, hun. I reckon it's one of the most important thing to help you recover from the awful BFN. I hope all goes well, and much good luck to you!

AB - glad you're feeling like you know what how you want to approach things that works for you and DH now. I hope your appointment goes well and I look forward to hearing all about it

Hello to all the other lovely ladies here - hope you're all doing ok for now.

As for me, not a lot to report, other than the countdown for the move. We're now 19 days away from leaving and currently trying to get through the pile of loose ends that needs to be dealt with before we leave! Feels like it's taking forever to get to my scan, but looking forward to Monday to see where things are at - hopefully O not far away, but not getting too excited until I see that scan.

Hugs,

Miss C

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for no personals tonight, but the morphene's starting to kick in and i'm very sleepy. After an interesting and rocky cycle, we were told today that they don't think our embryos didn't make it. They stopped dividing yesterday & even though they'll watch them tonight they don't think they'll be healthy enough to transfer.
    Due to my high estrogen levels & my sensitivity to it, I've been pretty much bed ridden with pain for most of the week, so I'm kinda happy that the transfer isn't going ahead so I can begin to feel human again...
    We're going to give it a couple of month's break and try again around June.
    Anyway, my thoughts are with you all & hope you enjoy your weekend...

hey izzylou - hope ur refreshed and feeling pretty normal very soon so that by june you are well and truly ready to go it again - take care sweet!!

Miss C - thanks for ur post. Your departure date is so easy to remember for me - the day after my green light. I can't imagine all those loose ends that need to be tied up. Hope it isn't too crazy for you.

Peta - GL with the future sweet hope to catch up gain soon.
    Lou - bring on June and GL enjoy your break

Hi to everyone today and sprinkles of had my first AP visit today after lap and we are in full baby making mode with the AP side of things. to all you lovelies

Default getting scared

well i got af on fri , right on time. so now it's one week till both dh and i go to see fs for our first major visit , where will will plan our strategies to have a baby. i'm not sure when i will start injections but i'm so impatient i want to start right away!!.
    i have been reading lots and sometimes it's not good to know so much i'm reading anything i can get my hands on but so far havn't really told anyone except one friend and my sister who's my best friend but lives at other end of state. anyway i'm going to see her on tue and coming back wed so we can catch up.
    i am nervous and scared as this will be first time IVF and we have to do ICSI and i am worried as to how long it will take to get BFP, i'm trying to be really positive. hope all are well, let you know how we go on friday. wish me luck janet

Janet

Good luck depending on the type of cycle you will be able to start the drugs on Day one of AF next cycle sweet. But there is some planning etc to do with the FS on the type of cycle and the best thing for you.

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.
    Had a FS Appt today, we are going to go back to doing IVF again.
    Will do a slightly different protocol, no Synarel this time (Thank God - that stuff makes me mental!) and instead will have Orgalutran injections later on - has anybody else done this? I really pushed that if this cycle isnt succesful that we move onto double embryo transfer, so at least the idea is out there. Also I have pushed to start at 150iu and not 112iu like they wanted me to do. I really can't handle doing another cycle that gets cancelled. My FS is concerned about me getting OHSS but she will leave it to my discretion whether we transfer if I get under 30 eggs. Over 30 eggs and the decision is made for me - no transfer. I doubt it will come to that though, my body is very slow when it comes to this stuff.

So I stop HRT today, AF should arrive in a couple of days and then I can book my Day 21 appt in.
    I'm looking forward to having a month off from all of this. I really need some time to destress and get back to some sense of normalcy.
    Last edited by ~BecD~; March 31st, 2008 at 07:25 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast