Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - May 2007

michelle_j_r Guest

well done, Sazz!!!! fantastic news. Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy.

Sonya, i know what you mean about your embryos. We are debating a similar thing. We only had three eggs retrieved. One gave us our son!! And the other 2 are frozen. It's a no-brainer that we'll use both those frozen ones but cos we don't expect either of them to work (like BW's math example! statistically it's possible that from three retrieved eggs we would get two babies it is also bloody unlikely! And even for them both to survive the thaw it's unlikely). So i expect to be up for a full new cycle in a few months. In which case they will use a higher stim dose so i expect to get more eggs. And it bothers me to not give them all a chance at life.... ??

Congratulations Saz!!!! So happy for you guys...our's has been an 8 year journey...10...WOW...it is so your turn! Enjoy!

Congratulation Sazz on the official confirmation! Enjoy the moment

CONGRATS SAZZ & DH!!!

Rach - sorry about AF

Great news Sonya

everyone else ..BW great lesson..you really are a natural

Countdown is on here..BT Monday...

Thanks, everyone. It means a lot to hear things like that when I've been having a fairly cruddy week at school. But today was better, acupuncture was great, and there's only one more day between me and a weekend of relaxation, possible retail therapy and a hair cut!

I just realised that here is where I start getting nervous. The worst LP I've had was 5 days, which is coming up tomorrow. The best was 8 (after EPU), I want to get to at least 12, but I also want AF to arrive ASAP so I can get started on our FET cycle. Such conflict!

Still pretty tired and headachey here - put my neck out badly.

BW

Smudge- Goodluck for monday sweets! I'll have everything crossed for you!!!!

Ack! Smudge, was so wrapped up in my pain here that I missed that bit. Consider me now pretzelled in keeping everything crossed for you for Monday.

BW

hey BW - can sosympathise with the neck out - mine is driving me nuts - and first available appointment with chiro is on Saturday morning! ah well - the pain killers will be getting a work out tomorrow at work!

Smudge - fingers crossed you can keep the momentum happening on Monday with another BFP

well, i'm having a strange day - have started back on the provera double dose this morning, and all the AF type symptoms have pretty much gone - so, i guess i'm feeling better - but still very down that it's come to this point. i so wanted AF to arrive so that we could get started on this journey again, and she's just being a stubborn wench. will finish provera on Saturday night and she should show by Tuesday - no idea what happens if she decides not to show again though!!! eally hoping she shows up quickly - was hoping for a nice quiet night on tuesday night for my birthday - now i'm likely to be having nasty AF cramps from the provera, and feeling miserable for my birthday - not happy!

Sonya - well done & 4 in the freezer. That's amazing news.
    Sazz - wow - so happy for you, congrats again. What an exciting time for you.
    Mel - good to see you again, and I hope the $$$ come soon so you can give the law of averages one more try.
    Jane - welcome, sorry about the OHSS.

I had my EPU today. I had been doing ok on a fairly low dose of GonalF. Had counted 14 follies and although some were a bit small, we got put off by one day to get them to catch up. I was very pleased to hear that the 'light IV sedation' would actually put me to sleep and I wouldn't feel a thing. DH and I had the impression from our clinic nurse that I would be awake-ish.
    My 14 follies turned into eight, which was sad and disappointing a bit, as we had been thinking we were doing really well.

Don't read on if you are about to have your first EPU - I might put you off.

Then I woke up in recovery - and everything was ok - for about 30mins. Then the pain kicked in. Wow, I was in pain. As a chronic migraine sufferer and I have endo as well, I thought this was up there with those. (I often end up getting IV pain relief for the migraines). Anyway, the nurses kept asking me on a scale of 1-10 how bad it was. I kept saying 3 or 4. I mean I don't know what other people mean by unbearable, and I didn't want to be a hypochondriac. Eventually one nurse gave me a bit more time, and explained that if you are crying and doubled over in pain like me - it's generally about a 7. OK, so I was a 7 then! I had 5 doses of IV pain relief, and they eventually decided to admit me to a ward for the night. Well, I wasn't happy about that either, and so we gave it a time limit and I managed to sneak out with about 1 minute to spare!! Seriously - I never thought it would hurt that much. Who gets admitted overnight just for an EPU!?!

I'm much better now and i'm just off to bed. (my own one, thankfully and not a hospital one!)
    Please send my little eggies good fertilisation vibes . I have a lot of my heart resting on them! And you guys have been doing wonders on the preggy tally lately!

ET scheduled for saturday at this stage all things going to plan.

Goodnight , and thanks for the supprt so far.
    Jo

Jo - so sorry things hurt today hun! sounds dreadful! i havent' been through EPU yet, but hat sounds mighty nasty

so glad you didn't have to stay in over night, and that you're feeling a little better now. good luck for fertilisation and that you're feeling brilliant for ET on Saturday

Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to pop in quickly tonight I have taken a step back the last couple of weeks. So much going on and just trying to come to terms with what we have been faced with. We sold our house last week and have to move in 4 weeks time, so there is a lot going on other than TTC for a change which I think has been a life saver. It's like I almost can't remember a time when our lives and my thoughts haven't been consumed by all things TTC. I needed some time out. We have another month before starting our next stim cycle, so I am chilling out some more before then.

BW, I hope you get your 12+ days LP this month!
    Sazz, congrats on your BFP!
    Jo, your poor thing experiencing all that pain with your EPU. I hope you are feeling better over the next couple of days
    Lou, all the best for your BT sweets... Will be thinking of you but will have to wait until I get back from holidays to find out.

Sorry, I am so far behind with where everyone is at but I do promise to catch up properly when we come back from Darwin. We fly out Saturday night and come back Monday 15th. Can't wait!
    See you all then!!

Sazz - Congrats on the official confirmation!!

Rach - Sorry to hear AF arrived. Have you started any testing yet?

BG - Is it your birthday on Tuesday the 8th??

Kotare - sending your eggies lots of good fertilisation vibes.

Big hello to everyone else. Hope you are all well.

I've updated my journal, but in short I've had the u/s and we got DH's SA results today while visiting the GP. She said everything looks fine with DH, but he has some immature germ cells?? the result was 21 and the report says a reference range of <10/100.
    She was happy that whatever showed up on my right ovary in my 2004 u/s, was still the same size, which means it's not a tumour!

Anyway, we now officially have our referral and only 5 weeks to go until our appointment.

eta: - Megan - hope you have a fantastic time in Darwin

Nic

Megan - hope you have a great trip hun - and come back refreshed, ready to move house, and then back into next stim cycle - enjoy!

Nic - yeah, that's the date. not sure if i want to celebrate or scream! we wanted to have at least gotten SOMEWHERE by this birthday - we got referred to the gyne re PCOS in march last year so we'd hoped.... birthday will be six months from first FS appt.... sounds like your u/s was better than you'd expected - good news re only a few weeks til FS!

Jo you poor thing! Your EPU sounds nasty. There was a girl in when I had mine in a similar state who had to be wheelchaired out to the car. Hope you recover quickly now you are home in your own bed, nothing is nicer when you feel cruddy. Fingers crossed for a good fert rate and transfer on Sat!
    Smudge, Loula, Sonya How are you going sweets? Hanging on??? It is torture isnt it? I soooo hope you get your +ve, Best of luck to you!!!
    BG, sorry you had to resort to the double dose, bugger. Let's hope AF is nicer this time seeing as you will be having your birthday too. These things are sent to try us!
    I understand about the bad neck. My chiro retired in Jan and I have been relying on massage since but she wont do me now till I reach 12 weeks and DH refuses to touch me either.
    Shannon and Jane, wishing you heaps of sticky vibes for your transfers.
    Hi to everyone else,

Jane, I have done ICSI and also ended up with OHSS but not till implantation took place. I was hoping BW could give a few ideas on how long I can expect to be blown up like a balloon??? Also, the ovary pain has mostly gone but now I have a terrible stitch in my front/left side near belly button and find it difficult to stand for any length of time...is that part of it? I had a scan to determine the OHSS and my ovaries were 250cc each (they are usually 15cc each!) BW can you help?

Hi Ladies!!!

Sazz - Congratulations to you Can't wait to hear if there is one or two little miracles in there!!!!
    Smudge - Every best wish for Monday xxx
    Jo - So sorry to hear about your horrible experience... never good for the first time when it doesn't go as easy as it could have xxx
    How many eggs did you get at EPU - unless I read your post wrong?? (Which may be likely - but I think you mentioned follies not eggs?)
    To everyone else... HI!!!

Not much new happening here - I have just honestly been feeling terrible since Monday (day 14 of my cycle and due to the cramping I had for 3 days, definately ovulated I'm sure)
    Some cycles as soon as I o I just feel like hell, but this one has been worse than normal!
    I called my acupuncturist for a little advice - I have put on almost 4kgs since Sunday???!!!! All fluid, I can feel it, and my jeans are just impossible to do up!
    She was a little concerned (this was last night about 6pm) - got my address from me and 30mins later she called in to see me at home on her way home from the clinic!!!
    When she got here, she took one look at me and told me to get my clothes off, she was going to her car for the needles and we were having a treatment right here, right now!!!
    She had brought some different herbs with her, and told me to start taking them straight away and to call her today and tell her how I was.
    Well, I lost about 1kg overnight (felt 300% better as soon as the needles were in!!!) and am feeling better today... still not fabulous though!!!
    Anyway, I had to be the luckiest person on the earth last night for her to call in & do the treatment!!!

Hope everyone is doing great, my thoughts and wishes to you all at whatever part of your cycle you're in xxx

Love Holly
    xxx

Jo, sounds like you had about as bad a time with EPU as me. I was asked to rate the pain between 1 and 5. I wanted to say 6. I really hope you don't get the OHSS that I did, I guess that's the good part of 8 eggs - it's unlikely! I'm a bit like you with wanting to avoid the hospital, I still think I should probably have gone in with my OHSS, but I refused simply because it would have meant leaving the house in my PJs (couldn't fit into any clothes) and that there would have been no computer and no BB in hospital! So I'd spend the night crying to DH about the pain and bloating, convince him I was fine the next morning and escape him carting me off to hospital yet again... Let's just keep hoping and praying for a super fertilisation rate.

Nic, I'm afraid I can't help with the SA results, but they sound like there are no major problems to overcome. I'm sure those 5 weeks will go super quick and you'll be at that appointment before you know it. Let's just hope those 5 weeks go super quick, as I'll then be about ready for transfer! It's scary when you think about it that way!

Megan, hope you have a fantastic time on your holiday.

Sazz, afraid I probably can't help much with the OHSS, they told me it would get better once AF arrived, but I didn't really start to feel better until AF had well and truly gone, and the fluid didn't really start to go until a few days after AF had started. I think that with being pregnant now, it's going to be pretty horrid for a while. A quick search reveals "OHSS always disappears in a few days unless a pregnancy occurs. In early pregnancy the problem may last weeks and require prolonged hospitalisation." Looks like it's bad news, I'm afraid.

BW
    Last edited by butterfly_warrior; May 3rd, 2007 at 10:41 PM. Reason: OHSS info for Sazz

Hi Nic ,Holly and Megan, I took so long making my post, I missed yours!
    Wow you have a lot going on at the moment Megan, I cant believe you sold your house already.. good job! Hope you have a really relaxing holiday, you have earned it.
    Holly, sorry O gave you so much pain... Nasty when you have to suffer twice a month! You must have the best acupuncturist in the whole country. lol.
    Nic, Not sure what those results mean but I'm pretty happy you dont have a tumour!!!!! Hope those 5 weeks will fly by for you so you can start soon.

BG - We share the same birthday!

BW - OMG, I didn't realise that you'll be ready to transfer around that time! At least I won't forget that date...I'm getting so forgetful lately. Yeah, we're pretty happy with our results. I'm just someone who is always hungry for information. If something is meant to be a level of say 5.5 and it's 5.6, then I want to know why it's not 5.5, if that makes any sense?
    I use to be a huge stress head, and was dealing with it really well until the last 2 weeks or so. Funnily enough, I don't think it's from TTC, but more from not having enough information regarding TTC....and stupid family stuff ATM, LOL! That probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense.... I should probably go to bed!

Nic

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast