Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #2

slyder Guest

Holly is right, Arielle's story is a ripper.

Hi everyone,
    miss c, with Monash and Mac Talbot. I told him before I went in I had 1.5 pages and he said Sue the nurse "had told him I was coming" GREAT!!!Surely loads of people stress and ask lots of ???? I have decided not to take it to heart. Good luck with your appointment next week ask those????
    Deni, have a good TWW, hope the pessaries make the difference.
    Dusty, I have heard lots of stories of the one that was'nt supposed to make it resulting in the BFP. I have my fingers tightly crossed for you. Look forward to hearing good news tomorrow.
    BG, yes he was very patient and answered them all. Sounded great, I just hope it is not just positive talk, I really think he can get me over the line because he seems to really believe it!!!! Does'nt look like he is doing the EPU, a trainee most likely ( I just hope he is good!!)EPU is not until Dec, just when you think it is all happening, it gets dragged out another week. Damn!!!The never ending cycle.
    Missy, how are you feeling? Only 11 days to go.
    Catch you all tomorrow.

december? hmmm....

tww takes us to dangerous christmas territory emotionally - but hey, it's worth the effort!

mac seems very confident in the process - and that gives me confidence in it too. i don't have an issue with a trainee doing epu - someone has to do it!

Blackduckies, glad you got those questions answered by your FS ! Just ignore the earlier comment from him, he was probably trying to make a joke and not having a clue how it may have felt to you. Hope the christmas fairy sprinkles some magic on you around your EPU time!

Dusty - YAY to 6 eggs! Thinking positive thoughts - I've learnt from Bellybelly that so many girls and guys here prove the doctors wrong, and achieve remarkable things when the doc's in their well-meaningness try to prepare us for the worst.

BG - how exciting to have the go ahead for next cycle !!

Slyder- that sounds pretty annoying about the howling baby being around work for hours!. It's nice to see collegues babies but I reckon short visits are the trick. At least she didn't add an over-ripe nappy to the equation - eeew..

Babybliss - really hope it goes well tomorrow for your follies

I'm trying to focus on positive images of my Princess meeting her Suitors. I think she was WAY too fussy at the last prom. Not that she doesn't deserve the best. But embryologist assured me that the Suitors were looking pretty handsome (well she didn't say that, this is my own fantasy world). Unforutnately their limo driver (DH) couldnt stick around for the Big Entrance (cue romantic music) as he had a work engagement... Tonight more mood music (pessaries) will hopefully encourage some romance. Unfortunately, they're bound to be pretty icky sticky for Mum. yuk... but a very small price to pay for potential success!

Confession time girls and guys... I took my fertility doll with me !!!! Given to us by a work friend.. She's only little, about 5 cm long. I didn't take her out in front of the doctor, she stayed in my handbag, but when the nurse wasn't looking I gave her a swift rub on the tummy. The things we do.

Weekend is almost here....
    Last edited by deni; November 8th, 2007 at 06:16 PM.

Hi everyone... sorry I have been so slack the last week. I came in and posted and disappeared - how rude! My FIL passed away on Friday evening so we have been a bit all over the place and I havent really been around. Alot goes on in this thread, cant miss a day! Will have to make sure I am on the ball in future.

Sorry to those who have received a BFN

Good luck to those who are in TWW

Babybliss - Hope you can go ahead with your transfer, and are not too uncomfortable afterwards.

Take care all,

Mel

slyder Guest

Sorry to hear about your FIL. Hope your DH is OK.

Thanks Slyder, he is doing ok. His father was only 56 so I think he is in a little bit of shock at the moment, even though he was sick, and it hasnt quite sunk in iykwim. I am sure he will be ok, we have stuff to keep us occupied I guess.

Hi all. Just wanted to pop in and say all is going well with me for those ladies that asked.

Just wanted to say YAY DW on your 6 eggs hun. Im sure all will be ok and lets hope your in the tww with me soon.

Im sorry not doing more personals but have a full house with Mels friends.

Take care all

xxx

Mel, So sorry to hear about your FIL - I hope your DH is doing ok... and we would never think you're rude for popping in and then not being around!

We're always here... whenever you need us
    Last edited by Hollybolly; November 8th, 2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: OMG signature.... AGAIN!!!

Dusty - Best of luck and noone really knows what the universe will bring
    BG - Best of luck good to see you have the go ahead.

Ben William is my new newphew I love being an aunty and now I can spoil both my nephew. My sister has a good IVF story 1 egg pick up 6 eggs and 2 children. It can and does happen which leave hope for us all!

I think it is time to sprinkle some for all

Sorry Mel and DH, it would be a shock it is so young even if you hve been sick you just expect people to pull through. Good luck and take care of each other and extended family.

Deni, Oh!!!! look forward to more little stories, you are a funny girl. Try anything, I say. I have a fertility symbol above the bed, which does'nt seem to be working!!lol. I took it down, gave it a shake, turmed it around the other day, so all should be good now.Fingers crossedxxxxx

Hollybolly;HI!!!!

Tiggerlinda, congrats on your nephew. Ben is a cute name. Gee your sister was very lucky, there is a similar story in IVF friends currently.

Slyder, not soooo.. bad when they are your own, but still not good!!!!!! Never good when you don't know why????

BG, my head hurts and really needs this show on the road.The stress, the wait and I've only just started.

Missy, keep plodding along, has anyone joined you yet???

Oh!! Some of my message has been chopped off, Hi to Holly and congrats to Tiggerlinda.

Morning all

Awww do you mean in the TWW Duckies. hmmmm no not really. Very quiet in there. Ive got a busy day today so will have to get ready.
    Hope your doing ok Duckies.

DW hun. Good luck with the fert for today. I had a chat to the big man hun. xx MSN me when you know please hun.

Dusty - Sending lots and positive thoughts your way for fertilisation results today... xxxx
    Keep your thoughts positive, and lots of hugs to you - I know it seems like forever until that phonecall

Oh wow ok ive been slack... ive been reading but just have nothing much to say unfortunately...

Holly - Big Hi you are sounding so positive lately and its fantastic!! Any news on the lumps?

Missy- Hope the TWW is flying and yes we are a bit quiet on the TWW front Good luck hun!

Linda - Congrats on being an auntie again!! Ben is a gorgeous name!

Mel - So sorry about your FIL, somehow its never easy whether its expected or not.

Deni - i love the fertility doll idea ive heard of candles etc before but must admit i have nothing... now i want something do whatever helps you and the doll sounds like a fantastic idea!

BB - Good luck today with those follies and its fantastic the faith you have in your FS, they do it everyday and know what they are talking about. Good luck

BG - Congrats on getting the go ahead, and i know exactly what you mean about perilously close to Christmas for results, but a BFP for xmas will be great!

BW - Your not far off stims either if i recall correctly Good luck!

Hmm i know ive missed people... so a big HI!

Well not much happening here CD43 (im giving Lou a run for her money) and still frustrated so yesterday i went and paid for the IVF and picked up the drugs ready for round 4... so now just waiting on AF. Still having my acupuncture every fortnight and on the herbs, so i hope im stimming by the end of the weekend She has to come in the next week or i will have to wait until Feb because the tww will flow into xmas and then my FS is off the whole of Jan.... pressures on AF!

Shan

Shannon what a long wait sweet

Good morning everyone. So many things (good and not so good) happening for people in the last day or so!

Tiggerlinda Congratulations on becoming an aunty! I'm an aunty to one little girl who's about to turn five and she is a joy (and a little brat at times too!). She continually reminds me why I'm here in this journey and she makes me feel like I can get through it I hope your little nephew has a beautiful impact on you and your family.

Deni I have my little IVF mascot going too. He's a little stuffed lion DF bought me after the counselling appt. for the start of our IVF. He's called Leo and he's perfect because he has all the courage (and luck, we hope!) that we need to get through. He'll be coming to my next appointment next Tuesday, for sure! He's even got courage to spare for anybody else who needs some

Mel I'm terribly sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope that you and DH find support and consolation in one another and your families.

Kell I've got *everything* crossed for you today, hun.

Blackduckies We always trust our doctors with the medical things that they know and that they will take care of us. Sometimes it's a little harder to trust them with things other than the medical stuff. They have no way or stepping into our shoes as individuals and knowing how we/you/anyone is feeling when they see x amount of couples going through IVF per day. I know they try to be sensitive, but sometimes they can't know how what they'll say will effect an individual, will they? It's all very tricky. I hope you're doing ok today

Dusty Really thinking of you today, hun. You have had such an amazing result so far, it should keep continuing. Such good news at first means lots of positive vibes for the next step. Your guys are fighters!

BG Great news!! Very excited for you! Have a wonderful weekend relaxing before your appointment on Monday. It's wonderful to see you so excited and ready to go!

Melsta We're having around 70 guests at the wedding - we originally planned for 60, but I think 70 is a really nice number for us. We chose our menu just two nights ago - they let us have a meal for free to try some of the dishes on the menu. It was really nice! It should be a lovely meal. I'll keep updating as things continue to happen in preparation for the wedding - as a distraction for everyone too! - DF and I are starting to get really excited now! His family is arriving from the UK in just under two weeks (oh yes, the complications to my IVF cycle are endless!! LOL) How are you going on your injections? I hope you're going along ok, hun.

Slyder Dorset is the best. I still miss it from when I stayed there earlier on this year. Once we're settled, you and DW can come and have a break and stay in lovely Dorset with Miss C and soon to be DH! DF is v.excited about a job he's applying for in North Yorkshire at the moment, though, so we could end up anywhere at first. IVF is v. exy in the UK, and I believe it's harder to get into as I'm not a UK citizen. Too many complications, so if nothing happens with our IVF here before we leave, we'll come back at a later date and try again, and in the meantime, go back to trying the good old-fashioned way once we move. You never know

Missy How are you going there, hun? Wanna come and help me make placecards for the wedding? Hope you're feeling ok.

Shannon I can imagine how frustrating it is waiting and knowing there is a deadline - I'm really needing my IVF cycle go to plan as I have deadlines to my wedding, to when my ILs-to-be come and the biggest deadline being when we move o/s early next year. Fingers crossed very hard for you that AF comes soon for you.

Hugs to all,
    Miss C

I thought I would start a new post, as my last one is very long sorry about the long posts, everyone

Well, I'm not exactly panicked, but I am a little apprehensive at this stage in my down-reg, and I'd love some information if anyone knows.

Today is the fourth morning for me off the pill, and AF still hasn't visited I've had mild cramps yesterday and today and a whopper of a headache when I woke up this morning, but no AF. No sign of it. Is that normal? I don't know how long it should take after stopping the pill. I'm a little worried because my down-reg scan is next Tuesday (13th), and I can't see that I would be able to start stims unless I've had AF before the scan, as is considered normal.

Anyone have experience with this? How long did it take for AF to visit during down-reg? I'd appreciate any advise or info that anyone has. I just don't know what to expect.

Thanks muchly

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast