Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Oct 2007 #2

Rols - Best of luck sorting things out the change in FS made the world of difference for me
    Arielle - Thanks hope you are jumping for joy
    BW - Glad to hear things are getting better
    Carla - How are you doing?

Hi All
    Lots of catching up to do - I have been a bit quiet the last few weeks, but still reading regularly.

A big congrat's Arielle!

Question: We are in the midst of IVF#2 and this time its an Antagonist cycle. Does anyone know exactly what the antagonist does? My understanding is stopping OHSS, however I am not entirely sure. I know that the needle for the antagonist is much thicker than the one for puregon injections & it seems to sting a bit after injecting. At this stage we have 6 little eggies growing in there, & hopefully if they get to the right size, we might be having EPU on Friday 19th. Of course I am getting anxious now & have another scan tommorow which will show exactly what path we are on. Anyway, if anyone knows more about the antagonist thing, it would be great to learn more!
    Have a lovely afternoon, whatever you are doing.
    Peta

Peta no idea but good luck

Peta - i've been having antagonist cycles (cetrotide) and what it does is baically similar to lucrin/synarel in that it stops production of your own hormones - just for a much shorter time - so in the case of a stim cycle, when you get follies that aren't quite ripe wnough for the picking, they use the cetrotide to stop the surge of LH that would naturally cause you to O - they basically just use it to make sure that O is when they want, not when your body wants it! hope that isn't too jumbled or confused - have 2 cats and 4 dogs vying for my attention cos i just got home from work!!

Thanks BG. I thought it was something like that, but wasn't sure. I can never tie down my FS to put things in english! I too have just come home not long ago & have my dog & bird after me for their dinner!

Hi Peta
    I was doing an antagonist cycles (cetrotide, just like BG) and collected 26 eggs and had a case of OHSS !!, My ovaries measured over 15cm each!! and had over 50 follies on each !!Tf was canciled - i was on a little highher dose than the time before and did warn my FS but he didnt make a change to the meds - hoping he will listen next time (not that i want a EPU every again)

GL hun

slyder Guest

Lou, I was just saying to DW how amazing it is that you had 15cm ovaries, such an insane number of follies (which would be apparent on your u/s) and yet he did nothing. Incredible. I wonder how 'yee-har ride 'em cowboy' he'd be about it if his balls were 15 cm each and sporting about 100 little nodules.

Rols i know - when i had the scan the lady doing it was amazed and in shock!!!but i didnt see my FS until a week later as he was in the country (proberly seeing BG - we have the same fs) and he too was amazed when he got the report

you see i wasnt in that much pain - but then i have has an ectopic at 2.5 months!!!

I did go for an US a few days befor EPU and they notied how may follies that i had and said i had a lot so i said would they reduce my dose but they checked it with the FS on duitl and choose not too - i was very upset at this as my back was hurting, from the growth of the ovaries by the time EPU came i couldnt walk then was gobsmaked when they told me they took 26 eggs!!!they gave me the rest of the week off work then and there. but i went back in with OHSS over the next few days, i dont think they really looked at my history

In saying all this when i was on 200iu i got 17 eggs!!! so was protesting when the FS put me on 225 iu and ended up with the OHSS and 26 eggs colected but was told that as i was having an antagonist cycles, it was unlikely that i would get OHSS!!!and would get less eggs!!!well i showed them that that theory didnt work!!

How is DW by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Rols View Post
    Lou, I was just saying to DW how amazing it is that you had 15cm ovaries, such an insane number of follies (which would be apparent on your u/s) and yet he did nothing. Incredible. I wonder how 'yee-har ride 'em cowboy' he'd be about it if his balls were 15 cm each and sporting about 100 little nodules.
    PMSL!!!! - being under the same FS (i think) as Lou, i can just imagine his reaction!

eta: Snap Lou! and yes, the week of your EPU, i'm pretty sure i had an appointment with him!

slyder Guest

Yeah all good. She's just trucking along as normal.

Well I had an appointment with my FS today even though i dont have a scan due or anything. I had booked it a while back before we got inot this cycle to discuss how we might tackle this cycle. I just have to say I love my FS!!! He listened to what I needed to say about my gut feeling that there was something affecting implantation because of the natural miscarriages and the fat that I have typ 1 diabetes which is a big auto immune issue to sat with and what did he think of prednisone and clexane therapies post transfer. He listened to my theories and explained all the pros and cons and the fact that research has not really been conclusive in blind studies but then conceded it wouldnt hurt and is happy to do this treament for me this cycle to see how we go. I just basically said we only have enough money for two more gos at this and I just want to throw everything we have at it to see if we can get a better result..He said Fair enough and if it doesnt work at least you will know either way....he is sooooooo coooooolllllll!!!!!!!!

So happy happy joy joy for me today!! (apart from the fact that I hate the pill and go around with yucky nausea all day!!)

TL best of luck with the EPU today. thinking of you.

mon, i was devastated when the first cycle didn't work out but very soon after i wanted to get back onto it again and the second cycle seemed a bit easier. best of luck hun.

mel - sounds fantastic, well done you and good luck!

to everyone, AF due & just waiting. did a HPT but -ve as expected wasn't worried about it, can't wait to start my stims.

xx dusty

Mel Best of Luck with the Cycle
    Dusty - Glad to see your excited
    Mon - the 2nd is easier not as musch stress

Best of luck to everyone for thier days today

Hi Mel
    I was just wondering if you did think it was your diabetes that affected your results. I am an insulin dependant diabetic too and got a BFN on my first cycle just the other day. We have decided to go again with 2 of our frozen embies as soon as I get AF again.....do you have any advice for me?

Good Morning,

TL - Good luck with EPU this morning!

Dusty - Hope AF reares her ugly hed so you can get started again!

Mel - Glad to hear you are so confident and positive and happy with the new plans! Its nice when they listen to you!

Big hi to everyone i know i have missed! Will catch up properly later!

Well, i think i have turned the corner of "i need a break i cant do this again" and am now getting excited about the thought of going again in 2 weeks. DH is happy because we bought a new Mazda 3 on Sat so he doesn't feel like we are living and working just for IVF anymore. We are just going to play it by ear and see how we feel in 2 weeks and then make a decision but its nice to be feeling positive about it all again.

Have a great day!

Hi All!

Congrats on the new car Shannon. Mazda's are great you will love the 3.
    Well I just had to let you all know that my scan went well this morning & I'm now booked in for EPU at 4pm on Friday afternoon. Its funny I'm excited (as we've never got to this stage before), but nervous about what might come next. So, lucky me gets to have trigger at 4.30AM tommorrow!!!
    Mon - I agree with Dusty. I was a mess when IVF#1 did not even get to EPU, but am much more prepared & feeling more confident this time. Good luck with everything.
    Take care all & speak soon.

Hi Peta
    Good Luck with your EP. We never made it to that stage either the first time but this time we did.......fingers crossed for lots of quality googies...
    Dont worry too much about the trigger injection..I think it looks worse than it really is........if you get scared..remember why you are doing it...thats what I did...xxx

Peta - Best of luck with EPU not long now
    Carla - Great to see you are back on track
    Shannon - Good to see you have made your choice (water areobics for preggy bellies here we come )

Hope everyone else is going well! We got 5 eggs at pick up today heres hoping for a good fertilisation rate tomorrow.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast