Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Oct 2007 #2

slyder Guest

Shan, don't apologise about the smiley faces, it's clearly a window into your head at the moment - you must be happy and good on you. That's the key to this - not getting bogged down and not being a one-track-terry. I made that up, I like it. As for your car, the Mazda3 is a very good car, as have been pretty much all Mazdas for some time now. The finally got their styling back into gear after the late 90's. And your backup plan for the UK is great. We're basically working on the premise that it (preggers) will happen in the next year or two, but I also don't want to totally exclude other options. I'd love to live in Cornwall, but DW would go mad with all the open spaces and crusty old sea dogs.

BG, you have to do the photo thing. Have to! I'm pretty into photography and we both have quite a collection of pictorial history. DW is into people and animals shots (ie. our friends and pets) and I'm into capturing landscapes and things as they are now. Once, I went all around my favourite town and took streetscapes just so I can look at them when I'm 60 and see what has changed. I love looking at old photos, absolutely love it. I have a blog and I post a lot of crap on there just so I can see when I took them and what was going on at the time. It would be a great way for you to get what you see out of your head and into permanence if that makes sense.

i think even if we are preggers by middle of next year, it's a trip we'll eventually take - but maybe not a six month stint! DH has become friends at a number of the places where he has collected/delivered cattle in the middle of nowhere, so i'm sure if we did it while not working, we'd still get to some of those places we've been talking about.

my current photo's are mostly of the roses we're growing - i find i've been playing with settings on my camera trying to work out what the best settings are that get the best pictures for us....

i've done a bit of a photo journal of all our house/yard renovations - and even though it's taking ages to get things finished, it's been great to look back at what the house started out as and what it is now - and that's only after two years! it definitely gives a bit of a boost when i'm feeling down that things are moving so slowly...

hehehe - think i might have to teach DH to use the camera properly so we can have a photo preg journal! and i think there might be more than a few bubba pics when we finally get to it!

Hi All - looks like this thread has picked up again in the past couple of days!
    BW - so sorry to hear about your news! Don't give up though! I know its hard! Take some time out and before you know it you'll be ready to go again!
    TNik - welcome! Good luck with your cycle! I hope you get that BFP
    Rols - congrats on the fantastic thaw and praying your little embie sticks with DW.
    Shan - congrats on car and you also starting your next cycle!
    BG - Glad to hear all is well! And the idea of the trip as a back up is similar to what me & DH have in mind. We have decided that if we dont become PG by mid next year we will go o/s to Italy to see his family for at least 6 weeks! Would rather fall PG, but at least be good to have something to look forward to as a back up.

Looks like will be squeezing in another stim cycle b4 the end of the year. My AF is officially late which is what I was hoping for. If dont get for another 2 days will be happy. The thing is though is that I am already CD32! Which is really long for me... I am always 28-30 days (max). I am wondering if its just my body adjusting after my first stim cycle the previous cycle? Did that happen to anyone!
    Dont want to test either, because if it shows up negative then I am sure to get AF visit within the half hour (that always happens). So will wait till Sat and if no AF will test! That would be a nice miracle (but am not holding my breath)!
    Mon

hehehe mon hoping af shows for you and me both xx

slyder Guest

Peeps, you may have noticed my new username. Don't freak out, it's still me

welcome (he he) slyder! so do we call you that now? glad you and DW are relaxed with the FET.
    welcome nicole, i hope your journey will be a short one.
    nic, glad things are going well for you in the 2WW.
    sounds like a few of us are winding up into cycle time. good luck all

had a visit to the FS yest. head is spinning from all that we talked about. bottom line is i am a poor responder and if this protocol doesn't work we may move to donor next time. looking for answers but i don't have the right questions.

also my sluggishness is probably due to the pregnyl every 2nd day, 'its the pg hormones dusty'!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Just a reminder post to everyone to please refrain from posting child/baby/pg related tickers or pg icons (flashing BFP icons) in this thread. Yes, many like the tickers, many don't mind it, but many may be going through a tough time and this is their only place on BB where they don't see these tickers. Please read the guidelines regarding this forum or email me on [email protected] if you wish to discuss this further.

Shannon - how are the new wheels hope they are excellent.
    Mon - Heres hoping this cycle is the one
    My TWW friend I haope things are going well.

Me just waiting no symptoms as yet all I can say is my right side is tender ad my face has broken out a bit. Back to wrok for me on Monday and BT on the 5th November very much hpoing for a BFP for me and everyone!

TL thinking of you as the TWW draws to an end soon. really wishing you all the luck in the world.

mon, good luck too for your au naturale TWW. here is hoping that no AC will be needed for you.

BG, that is great you have a start date, good timing for an early xmas pressie this year! best of luck with it all. did you manage to get around the councellor visit (i may have missed that point).

shannon
    , you have had a huge year. we too are on our 4th cycle in 9 month period. are you doing a flare cycle?

wishing all the TWWers the bestest of outcomes and

we had good results from the BT yesterday. so my spirits are up and we have a scan on monday.

xx dusty

glad to hear you've gotten some good results dusty!

as for me - we managed to get a counselling appointment - for the day before our FS appointment - just means we have to travel to Melbourne - but hey - i won't whinge too much - that usually means a good day out with hubby! so we now have counselling on the 7th, FS on the 8th and IVf coordinator on the 12th - busy days - but if it all comes together as planned, we should be starting stim drugs on the 16th, so i'm not complaining!

yay BG that is great! sounds like a fab plan

BG - Glas too see you have a start

Apologies for having been scarce. My down reg scan was a disappointment and so I had nothing much of interest to say. The lining was not thin enough - given the late start to AF I guess that is not overly surprising. So, I have to rescan this Thursday and hope I can start injecting. If it is still not thin enough, I will need to take norethisterone to bring on another period and return another 2 weeks later. Bit depressing. Have also had to double synarel to 2 sniffs twice a day this week which is giving me awful headaches.

I really, really, really, hope i can start injecting this Thursday

Baby Bliss, when I was told I would have to do two sniffs of synarel twice a day, I asked my clinic to switch me to lucrin. The headaches I had with synarel were really dreadful, and I wasn't absorbing it properly due to the congestion that it caused... I found going to lucrin, one injection, once a day was so much easier... and I had a lot less side effects with it. Perhaps you could ask for a switch and see if you cope better as well?

BW

Kelle - Hugs I really hope you can start Thrusday too. Hope things sort themselves out for you

kell i hope things work out a bit better this week. may be silly question but why are they scanning your lining before you start? i have only ever had BT's before i start to check my progesterone was low enough to begin the stims?

slyder Guest

Hi All. Hope you're all trucking along OK.

Nothing to report here. DW had a bit of a stitch the day after transfer, but that could've been anything. Apart from that nothing else. Not fussed though. we're not looking for symptoms this time, nor analysing anything really.

BW - I might just do that if it continues although I have paid for my extra bottle now so might as well stick it out this cycle.

Thanks TL, fingers crossed!

Dusty - no idea, it just seems to be the way my clinic works, I don't think I have ANY bloods. They also check to make sure there are no cysts etc.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast