Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception ~ December 2006

Hey Willow - Honey I totally think its natural to feel disappointed if you had higher expectations. But I think you are doing wonderfully. As Sush said higher numbers are actually not better - because in this game a lot of the time the quality is more important than the quantity. As you know I always get stupidly high numbers and that has never been good news for me - last cycle of 28 collected, 26 fertilised, but only 5 made to good blast quality! So, the numbers drop off quickly anyway.

Hang in there sweetie...

Thanks Keen! The same is true of my girlfriends actually, they had high numbers but that hasn't necessarily meant that they had lots of embies to transfer.

BG - thanks, you just reminded me to sniff! I'd done my injection but forgot about the synarel!

you're welcome Willow!

Welcome Back Taffy. Ouch at your hand, but glad it is better now and you can ditch the voice recognition stuff....I can imagine that would be frustrating! May will be here before you know it and you'll be on that IVF rollercoaster!

Welcome Alex. Hope all goes well with your little eggs ang you get a good fertilisation rate. How are you feeling after pick up??

Willow, as Sushee said 8 follies from one ovary is fantastic. And there are all a good size so that's even better. I produced something like 24 follies but the majority were small (from what I saw her measuring during my final scan) and I only ended up with 6 eggs out of that lot. I was lucky that all fertilised and 4 made it to freezing, so it definitely is all about quality and not quantity! It is hard not to compare yourself to others I know. I did all of that during my first cycle and it really didn't help my state of mind at all! All my fingers are crossed for you for a great fert rate!

Lou, good luck with your cycle this time around. It's strange isn't it, not taking any meds while you're doing a cycle? I don't feel like I am doing anything either!

BG, the synarel part seems to drag on and on.... Once you start the injections though it flies by. I think that's because in those 10-12 days you will normally have a couple of BT's and a scan or 2 so you feel like you're really doing something.

As for me, I'm off for a BT in the morning. Have used all my OPK's and had a very feint line this morning. I hope it finds that I am about to O so that I can have my FET in a couple of days. I really don't want to have to wait another month and try again. I feel like I have already wasted 2 months doind nothing because of Christmas etc...
    Fingers crossed..

Hey everyone! Not much happening with me, just waiting for our next FS app on Monday. Its DH birthday so I hope its all good news.

Willow I don't know much about follies etc yet but from what the others have said it sounds as though you have done well. Good luck!

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome. May is looking close already - and yeah Megan - looking forward to the IVF rollercoaster - I was always the kid screaming "lets go again" - haven't told DP that though

Everyone seems to be having appointments and tests in the next few days and I will be away until Monday so best of luck to you all - Off to visit my parents for the weekend which should be really great but the internet is a bit too fangle for them to get their heads around - anyone remember those phones that used to have a round dial and you would poke your finger in the hole above the number and spin it to dial - getting the picture?

Smiles to everyone

Alex Guest

Hi all,

Willow, don't stress about your follies, I had 7 on one side and 10 on the other, but they weren't all over the right size so most were useless anyway. the clinic called this morning and said that out of the 8 eggs, only 4 were mature, 4 fertilised, but one developed abnormally (quite worried about that), so we've got 3 embies, 1 to be transferred tomorrow and 2 frosties.

They also said they found cysts, which I've never had before. I'm going to ask my FS tomrrow, I hope it's nothing to worry about. I was drowsy when they told me, and I think they said they got them out in the EPU???

Loula, I hope your natural cycle goes well. all the waiting is a nightmare, but we all understand here!

Briggy's Girl - good luck with the injections. I know what you mean about feeling like you're not doing anything, the injections are not pleasant but at least they make you feel like something is happening!

Today I feel better than yesterday but definately a lot worse than my last EPU. I had terrible cramps last night and hardly slept. When I spoke to the nurse this morning she said there was nothing to worry about and it was normal - so I will try not to worry!

Going to acupuncture tonight to hopefully help the transfer tomorrow, I really don't understand how it all works, but if it works, it works! I am not a religious person but lately I've been praying to something up there for this one to be my turn.

Alex - good luck for tomorrow and your transfer - i so hope this is a nice sticky little embie for you

Taffy - hope you have a nice relaxing weekend with your folks - sometimes it's nice to get away from technology for a while (says she who can't live without her computer....)

Iris - good luck on Monday for your FS appointment (it really is ALL GO with appointments for us at the moment!)

As for me, i'm really in two minds about the injections starting next week - i'm looking forward to taking active steps toward getting pg, but i'm scared stiff of side effects (yes, i'm being a sook i know) - i've heard such mixed reports about how people have reacted - either no side effects at all or really violent ones (i'm hoping to be one of those that does not have any but with the reactions i've been having to the metformin of late, i'm sure i won't be that lucky!)

BG, I started to feel much better after a couple of days of injections. I didn't have any major side effects from the synarel apart from just a feeling of tiredness and regular headaches. The injections even all that out and felt much better very quickly. I did start to feel a bit uncomfortable in the tummy by around day 7, but I guess that's a good sign that there's growing follies! It's so exciting..... hope all goes well for you

Question for anyone. I get bad ovulation pain naturally. Usually last 3-4 days. Do you think that I should let the FS know? I'm concerned that if I get pain naturally that it might be worse when injecting.

BG I have the same concerns with all the drugs we have to take. I'm concerned about putting on weight and getting all hormonal. I know i won't care if I get pregnant, but still it would be better to get pregnant without all that. IYKWIM!

Okay.....so I have like incredibly sore breasts, am nauseas in the afternoons every day, moody and tired......any thoughts???

Is this normal for just being on the pill?!!

Mel, I had very sore breasts for my first week on the pill... not so much now at the end of the second week, though. Moody - yep, tired - yep, nauseous - thought it was the increase in metformin dose for that first week but it has settled now.

I guess it was just the pill that did it to me, too.

BW

Mel, I had all the same symptoms on the pill. I took mine at night so I could sleep through the nausea at least, but DH can definitely agree that I was extremely moody and tired all the time.

Megan - thanks for the words of wisdom re the injections - i've heard a couple of real nightmare stories from a few years back, but not so many lately (and very few on here - so maybe that's a good thing!). i guess i should be ok - my next appointment is thursday next week, so i'm guessing i'll start injections either then or on friday - hopefully any bad side effects will be settling down by the end of the weekend (i can only hope...).

Iris - it's good (in a not so good way) that i'm not the only person worried about all the drugs we have to take - it seems so full on, and sometimes i just wonder about what it's doing to me (i suffer IBS pretty badly normally - with the metformin, it's horrible) - i guess i've just taken the approach that the docs know what they're doing, and i'll do whatever i'm told. i'm generally a control freak big time, but have had to take a step back and allow someone else to control this part of my life - i hate it, but i have to do it!

Hey ladies

Hope weve all going ok for this long weekend?

BG - i was so nervous the first time i did the injections and dh gave them to me but it ended us being safer doimg them myself.lol its all very simple with the instructions that they give you now. i too worried alot about what all the drugs would be doing to my body and hopefully my bubs to be. im a little more relaaxed now but each cycle i have done have been so different from the other. i do have trouble going to the loo but mot dignosed with IBS, i had no idea that metformin effected it in that way as its always helped me to stay regular. i think! dont worry were all here for you.

Megan - i can believe you so close to having your TF and i really hadnt any idea where you were at(being back at work has knoced me about.lol) I know what you mean about wasting a cycle cause of christmas. it really sucks!! how was your BT and when do you think your go in? i have to start using OPK on Monday but more about that later.

Melb - Hang in there girl. the pill part i found the hardest i guess some people get effected but it more than others. for one of my stim cycles i didnt have to have the pill which was great but i was soubeling up on the spray. yuck! i dont know whats worse. what pill are you on as some are lighter than others, for example i have always been on dianne but when i changed FS she put me on a micro something which i was very anxious about as i didnt wasnt to have the pill at all but it was much better. thinking of you

lara- funny you sould mention o pain i dont think i ever really noticed, i get period pain through my cycle on and off all the time and have it today really bed but im not starting my OPK til Monday so i dont know what to do about that. but i do suggest that you do mention your worries to you Fs after all then they know and your not stressing that he may be missing a piece if the puzzle so to speak. some one told me that its common to get pain with PCOS but i dont know if that is around the same time? sorry not much help really but good luck.

Alex - sorry your not feeling that crash hot at the mo, hoping that things will pick up for you.i hope your accupunture is good - i used to love getting it done but now i always get anxious about it , dont ask me why as i cant say - i just dont know, keep praying it will happen my NP told me to pray and bubs sprit will hear. she says to talk to bubs too. you may suprise yourself this cycle.xx

Keen - i hope the change in clinic is going well, i know it did for me emotionally, sometimes it gives you a resh start too and you feel like your starting to get somewhere. i felt less of a number when i changed so i hope you have a positive start too.

sorry for the long personals but some nights i come home and can just about manage to read and catch up with what all you ladies have been up too. plus DH moans if im on too long.lol

I know i have missed a few but i am thinking of you and wishing that where ever you are in you cycles they are going well..

As for me ive just got back from shopping nothing too exciting just FOOD.yum i never manage to really get anything to have for dinner though. but i felt really crap at the shops i think i may have a UTI so i bought some cranburry juice 100% which is sometimes so hard to find it taste as bad as i feel and to top it all off it cost me $25 but im hoping that it works as i dont want any more infections at all anywhere believe me i have had my fare share.(my whinge for the day)

so im just waiting, waiting start OPK on monday so im sure ill be on line finding out if im doing it right, i have no idea.lol

Ok best let your eyes rest

Lou, hope you can get rid of the UTI. I had one during my IVF cycle and it was awful (never had one until then). Don't worry, you probably didn't know where I was at in my cycle because I haven't been around much lately with updates.
    Well, I had my BT yesterday and was told there was no LH surge yet, so back again this morning for another and was told that my levels are rising. So, I still haven't O'd. I have to go back AGAIN in the morning for another BT and hopefully this shows something a bit more promising. I told them I O'd late in my cycle, but they didn't believe me. (Currently on CD16 of a 26 day cycle) If a pg doesn't come out of this cycle, hopefully they will realise that my luteal phase isn't long enough.
    Anyway, lets see what tomorrow's BT results bring.

Good luck megan - i too can be late not that ive really tracked my cycle. are you doing OPK at home MIVF sent me home with some to start on Monday - i have no idea what im doing but a GF has also loned me her Maybe baby, so ill try that too, proberly should b4 Mopnday though!!lol i wish i was having more BT to see the surge thouh as im not too keen to be measuring it at home IYKWIM i dont want to miss anything

Lou, I did 5 OPK's at home and all were negative. I started testing last Saturday, but my last OPK had a very feint line so they decided to bring me in to for a BT. But unfortunately, nothing has happened yet and it's probably going to cost me a fortune in extra BT's. Have to say though, I feel better having BT's than using the sticks cause at least I know the results will be accurate.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast