Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception ~ December 2006

Lou, I would buy it. It is something that you WILL need for your future bubs room and if it's no longer going to be available, go for it!

Wow, just when you think no one is around and you come to my rescue. thanks i know its far for a bb subject (kind of) but i will go to IkEA tomorrow and pick one up and if theres none there then it was ment to be.hehe

thanks ladies now i just have to convince DH!!

Hope you're able to convince DH Lou!
    My DH doesn't want to buy anything so have absolutely zero baby stuff in the house. It doesn't stop me looking though. There's a couple of things around that I want to buy at the moment. I am sick of being cautious or superstitious or whatever you want to call it! I just want to go shopping!!! lol

hehe....I so know that feeling!! I bought a beautiful brand new bertini pram when we were first pregnant off a lady on ebay who discovered she was having twins. It is living in what will be the nursery one day and still has its tags on and everything (just in case). DH has told me that it has to go to the garage for the duration of the wedding so people don't ask too many questions... :eek:

I guess that is something I would do.....hide items, especially big ones if we were having people over that might stumble across a stash of baby furniture. I wouldn't want negative comments (some people just can't help themselves) or looks of pity because we haven't been able to get pg so far.

Wow, not long to go until your wedding now Mel. How exciting!!

DH says no, and in one way i dont want the same as what my friends have but i wanted it first (sorry to sound like a spoilt little so and so) ive had my eye on this item for our nursery for over a year.

i dont really think there is anywhere else to put it around the house but bugger it.

Bugger DH I say....if you have wanted it for over a year that means you must really want and have thought about it carefully...so buy it I say

i know what you mean Lou - it's hard when you have your heart set on something for so long but for one particular reason - and then someone else uses it for the same thing.

quick question - do you have any friends or family that are handy enough around the house to whip up something like that when it comes time to need it. i know i've seen some awesome things, and in my head i have a nursery all designed - but i didn't have the funds at the time to buy them then - i have a brother who will make it (i have something very similar to the cube bookshelf in mind) - but will make it to be exactly how i want it - so that it's wall mounted and fits around other furniture properly - maybe it's an idea to think about... and no, it's not selfish to be upset that your friends got to use them when it was your idea!

BW - i'm glad you have a friend you were able to vent to through your little "meltdown" - and i agree, you're really really lucky that your friend is in the job they are. i guess we're all prone to meltdowns of different types at the moment!

cyklokapron is wonderful stuff! I had one tablet about 3ish, and it's now 9, and everything has got back to easily manageable levels!

I had a much less teary and stressed-out chat with my friend before she went to work this evening just to check out dosage and everything a little more thoroughly as neither the GP nor the pharmacist could tell me much, and I've also been given strict instructions to commence eating lots of red meat and make sure I'm on a multi vitamin with iron, drink lots and rest up until I feel normal. Going to be interesting with going back to work tomorrow, but the first day has no kids, the second day has half the kids, Wednesday we'll have everyone back but still lots of admin-ish type stuff to do, so it shouldn't be too bad. I just hope the mental fog that has me currently forgetting how to operate my own microwave lifts soon! (so if anything I say sounds weird, or doesn't make sense, that's probably why)

I'm certainly going to take things more seriously next time when I think something's not right - I got scarily close to needing to be admitted to hospital there!

Loula, you don't sound like a spoiled so-and-so with regard to the bookshelf! I think it's perfectly understandable to be reacting in such a way.

Willow - where are you? how are you? Not long to your EPU if I'm remembering things correctly right now. Hope you are ok.

BW

BW, I am here, just catching up on the last few days and glad things have settled for you.

EPU is tomorrow, please everyone, say your prayers for me!

Best of luck Willow....I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning and sending up lots of eggie prayers for oyu.

BW glad to hear you are feeeling better

Megan best of luck for Wednesday if I don't talk sooner

Willow, wishing you well for today. I hope your eggs are of superb quality and fertilise wonderfully!

Me: I'm glad I was told what the maximum dose of the cyklokapron was... had a few dramas last night (gotta love waking up in a pool of blood - NOT!) and I'm a little worried about going back to work today. I have learnt something else though... lay on your back and everything pools and doesn't gush out. Lay on your tummy, and it drains. Sorry for the grossness. I've taken a higher dose this morning, and I will see how I go. If it weren't the first week of school, I'd take myself off to my GP and take a few days off work to fully recover, but missing those first few days is a bad way to start off the year and will make life much more difficult for me in the long run. The first two, maybe three days shouldn't be too bad though.

BW

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Oh BW you poor thing, the timing is awful. Hopefully it'll be stress-free, easy days for you.

Willow, crossing all fingers and toes for you today!

Lou, the Chinese believe that having baby stuff in your house invites children's spirits to come to live, therefore making it easier to fall pg! I don't know how true it is, but what an argument for you buying whatever you want! Lol!

BW - you really are a strong women, i hope the week goes well for you.

Willow - Fantastic luck for today, i hope you get all you want.

Sushee - i love that. how beautiful it sounds, im going to get one now.lol i hope to go and get one today. we have DH grandma's funeral tomorrow and so im baking finger food today, easy you might say but i dont cook, i am blessed with a DH that a)enjoys cooking and b)is really good at it.

Willow - best of luck today, I've got my fingers crossed for you

dream bub Guest

Hi Girls,

Its been a few weeks since i have posted, but am stalking you all on your progress. Ive been flat out and very very tired. Looks as though there are quite a few of us on schedule for EPU's in the next month or so.

Willow - Best of luck for today - very excited for you. Look forward to hearing about your BFP in a couple of weeks.

BW - I hope your first day back at work goes OK for you. I've read back a couple of weeks and it certainly looks like you've had a couple of drama's to deal with, I hope things calm down soon. Just on the bleeding, I too recently had a similar issue (not as bad I think). MY doc put me on Microgynin after my last IVF cycle in December, so that he could "flatten" things ready for next IVF. Almost a week after I started taking it I staretd to bleed daily for almost 4 weeks. This is very unusual for me as AF is always light and short. I rang clcinic but Doc was on leave and his PA couldnt really assist, asked me to stay on the protocol and keep taking in. I did my own research and found that Breakthorugh bleeding is very common on that brand of pill. I also put on about 3 kg and my weigt never fluctuates much. so - I was weondering if you were taking Microgynin?? ANyway I did keep taking it and when I staretd my Lucrin I stopped taking the pill and then got full AF! I was worried but when Doc retunred from holidays he said it was all fine, and that despite the bleeding the pill had done its job perfectly as all the hormones were suppressed perfectly..... bizarre.

Lou - Go for the cabinet, it would always make a great bookcase until bub comes on to the scene! Happy baking and sorry to hear about DH's Grandma.

As for me I've been on Lucrin for 3 weeks (I use Lucrin by injection instead of Synarel as I have bad allergies/hayfever and it all runs staright out!). Started on FSH injections one week ago and went to the Doc this morning, was surprised to hear that I already have 14-16 follies around 14 mm! Very pleased with myself, I had a feeling that there were a few as my abdomen is definately more swollen than usual and my jeans dont fit! Anyway so I am set for my next EPU on Friday and looking forward to a big haul of qulaity eggs.

I have a question Has anyone every been put on steroids and Aspirin as part of their protocol???????????. My doc recommended them, however with the fuzzy brain I have at the moment I cant remember why. I am not back to see him till Wednesday so I will check then but I would love to hear if anyone else has had any experience with Steroids. Apparenlty there are some side effects, but if they help I dont mind.........

SO there it is......... Lucrin injections, Puregon injections, Fishoil capsules, Multivitamins, Premular, Elevit, Steriods, Aspirin, Xtra folate, Pilates, Acupuncture, Physio, High protein diet and the most god awful potion ever from the Naturoath! My personal baby recipe....

This will be full Stim cycle #9 - my lucky number and EPU one day after my birthday - hopefully all good omens.

Ciao

Alex Guest

Willow, I hope the EPU went well today.

Just checking in to say 'hi' as I've been offline for a few days. I had my EPU last week, Weds, I felt terrible, I had a lot of stomach cramps, quite painful and spent 3 days in bed. The transfer went well on Friday, but the bad news is that out of the 8 eggs I had, only 4 fertilised, and out of the 4, only 1 developed. So, we had a 5 cell embryo to transfer, so fingers and everything else crossed that it sticks!

I've had the acupuncture and it was relaxing, as I was lying there I was thinking as positively as I could about the little embie growing and dveloping healthly, sticking to me and cuddling up! I pray that it works this time.

My DH mentioned a silly comment to the FS during the transfer about using superglue to keep the embie in place. Funnily enough, the FS said that someone is working on developing exactly that, but at this stage it hasn't worked. But at least they are working on it, and hopefully one day, once an embie is transferred it will be guarnteed to stick!

I'm having 2 weeks off work, no stress, just trying to relax and not worry about anything at all. So, minimal stress, healthly eating and acupucture - I hope the combination is a winner!

I have my pg BT on 9th Feb.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi All,

I have been very quiet for a few weeks, (but checking back of course!). Wow, how confusing, first I thought my FET cycle was going to be cancelled (again!) hence all the HRT questions in my last post. Then the FS decided that my hormone levels were OK, and went ahead with the transfer. The usual excruciating 10 day wait for pregnancy result, which was a BFN...I just found out this arvo.

Anyway, I am coping so much better this time compared with our last failure. Amazing what a bit of information from the FS can do! DH is very disappointed, but I have always suspected that he doesn't know what he's getting himself into with having kids anyway, so he should enjoy the free time while it lasts

I'm back to my HRT dilemma, have one month to decide before starting my next cycle.

Loula, good luck with the baking. I too hate to cook, so I sympathise. For sure you deserve to buy whatever you want after this effort

Hope everyone else is well. Good luck to everyone who is starting new cycles this month.

Cheers,
    RG

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast