Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - August 2005 #3

Cazz - I was a complete mental case in my TWW and I honestly think a lot of it had to do with the Crinone, so you're not alone.

I'm keeping everything crossed that you get your BFP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ali xxxxxxxx

Cazz - it just sux doesn't it? Do what I do, count down sleeps to go and before you know it it will be only 1 more sleep, then you're there!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

None of you sound any more neurotic than I ever was in my TWWs. Every twinge, every cramp, every slightly sore bb made me obsess. And how can you not when you know that there’s a fertilised embryo – or two - in there? The TWW is the longest period of any cycle, I reckon, and I say, obsess as much as you like! Rub that fertility stone, chant away, do whatever you need to to get past the TWW!

Ali, I’m surprised I had everyone fooled. I guess it was because I wasn’t posting much trying to keep my mind off it all. I was also absolutely convinced it hadn’t worked, so was a little down. Lesson it that for everyone! Peesticks or not, it’s the beta that counts! Though, blue, I totally understand the urge and this way, if it’s –ve, doesn’t mean it may not be a +ve anyway. So what does it hurt?

Sheree, like Tam, I reckon you’ll make it to transfer this time. If our good wishes count for anything, you’ll have two to transfer, with spares to freeze!

Hope everyone is well. So whose beta is the first one up?

love
    sushee

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

thanks Sushee - we are different yet the same in 2ww -
    F.I.N.E. (NOT !) frustrated insecure neurotic and emotional
    I am not using pee stick [-(

Sheree - I am wishing same as Sushee & everyone for you [-o<

Ali- I wish you all the best on next stim cycle - tell me more is it a short cycle like Sushee's

Sushee - can you tell us your succesfull protocol

The long down reg cycle is so long ](*,)

Shazz,Cazz & Blue - :bluestick: inkstick: you will test before me

I'm having pregnyl so Nurse booked me for 10 days after last shot - even though only 1500iu - so don't get false + does anyone know how long it really lasts

chanting & [-o<
    *I am going to be pregnant *

* I do believe in miracles*

*I am surrounded by wonderful friends *

* dreams do come true*

* I fall down I get up again *

:smt081

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

I just wanted to come in and wish all the tww's :luck: :luck: :luck: and send some :bdust: and some inkstick: to you all, hoping for some more of you in preg after LTTTC very very soon!

Tiff

thanks Tiff

Default what questions should i ask?

Hi Girls,

Trish suggested i pop my post in here and see what all you lovely ladies think!

I am going to my gyno on Thursday for my post op check up ( lap to remove endo and cyst). I want to explore more options for ttc and wondering what questions should i be asking? Should i ask to be put on clomid??

Also has any one heard of success stories with chinese herbal medicine??

Thanks Girls

Racheal

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

*PG MENTIONED*

Trish,

Our first two stim cycles were flare, and our last 3 were down reg. This cycle was a nightmare as I didn’t ovulate the month before until CD21 and I was on Lucrin for over 3 weeks before AF arrived (making it a 42 day cycle) When we finally starting stimming, I came along quickly and had my EPU at CD14 instead of CD16 as I usually do. Also this cycle was the first time we did a blast transfer. My first 6 cycles were 2 day embies and my 7th were 3 day embies with assisted hatching.

At EPU, we got 10 eggs, of which 6 fertilised, 3 went to blast, all grade 1, but 2 of these only started out with 1 pronuclei, making them a low chance of success. So basically we had the one grade 1 emby that we were pinning our hopes on.

I had no symptoms. No sore bbs, no nausea, no cramping, no twinges. It wasn’t until 3 days before my beta that I started to feel really ‘full’ in my uterus. My belly starting to bloat over the next day or so to the point that I couldn’t fit into my work pants. I called the clinic and that’s when they asked me to come in early. The nurse suspected from my description that I was pg and that the little’un plus the pessaries was making my body overload with progesterone. This is sometimes a symptom of early pg with anyone taking pessaries, but it only ever happens rarely. In my case, it was true!

So really the blast transfer was the only different thing we tried. My doctor, despite this, is unconvinced that this is the reason for our +ve, that it was just that our number came up, and I’m not going to argue with him. He thinks it was just persistence, and who knows? Maybe it was.

So all you lovely ladies, don't give up hope. I think that besides Sheree, I'd gone for the most cycles in here. I was starting to think that maybe IVF just wouldn't work for me. Then I was proved wrong!

love
    sushee

Default sushee

What an insipiring story Sushee!!

Thanks for sharing Sushee - =D>
    I think it helps to know how it worked for others - even though we are all different but your numbers came up beautifully

Hi Zap -

Well trying to keep myself busy... gee it is quiet in here - crazy to be talking to my self

just a bit of boring trivia and coincidnece - the other day at my clinic for Egg Transfer

I put my name on whiteboard waiting list (more waiting) -my birth certificate real name is Patricia but I go by Trish for medicare and in general prefer Trish (long story but MIL goes by same name and surname - she kept opening my mail - :shock: when she lived with us and we had (unknowingly) same GYn and went to medical centre - they gave the DR her notes once instead of mine and he says to me - you look a bit young to be on HRT and to be in your 60's

Then MIL caused a stir with pathology company for billing her ( actually me) with test she didn't have (was from my GYN & hers from a while ago - but I did have test :chairfall: - she never told me she opened my bill)I still had to pay when they tracked down what happened.

I changed my name then - she was so nosy she got mail first and opened anything addressed to Mrs Patricia T....... on PURPOSE and then say as she handed me the mail - "I wasn't sure so I opened it in case it was mine ..." ( BTW Patricia is just her middle name but she didn't like Lucille - might call my next baby Lucy - just to stir her)

Anyway - I put my name on whiteboard waiting list (more waiting) -the lady ahead of me was named Patricia , then there was me Trish and the lady after me was TRISH as well - amazing coincidence - I saw the nurse looking at the board with head tilted very confused...

When I had Egg Transfer I did check (and they did too) they were my embies - I think we were all having ET too.

All through school there was 100 kids or more in my year and I only knew I other Patricia (Patsy actually) in primary & 1 highschool , in nursing I think only 1 or 2 at college and my hospital

But, I know there is also another Patricia at my clinic - she had her u/s just before me and her egg pickup just before me ...
    and was there for her transfer same day as me but I went first

There must have been a special on ... but know it probably has never been in top 10 names :smt081

My Dh couldn't believe it either 3 of us in a row freaky

Mel's (Melbo) story is better her clinic has someone with exact same name
    that would be scary -

When we came out my DH said what if we had same DOB and name - because they didn't use medical record number.

Default funny story trish

What a funny story Trish!!

I have the opposite problem my name is spelt RACHEAL ( never seen it spelt the same way any where before)

I constantly have people spelling my name wrong or thinking they are correcting it for me!!

Even on legal doc's

So there you go!!

Racheal

Blue Sky Guest

Humphrey – Oh dear, the 2 weeks with MIL sounds painful!! Here’s hoping that the time flies by! Perhaps you can suggest some outings for her…on her own?
    Sending you some *strength* vibes!

Keen – Good to hear from you. How are you doing?

Sheree – hoping and praying [-o< for good results for you tomorrow!

Ali – I haven’t heard of the clomiphene & Fsh cycle before, sorry I cant help you. Well done on taking the initiative with your Dr tho. Never thought of emailing my Dr..

Tam – 5 days – not long now!

Shaz – I don’t think I’m at the mental stage yet (give me a few days..hours?) I’m amazingly calm at the moment…apart from the overanalysing of every twinge and being tired - which I think is due to the early morning pessarys and the lack of caffeine!! Sushee - I don’t really have the urge to POAS – just thought it might be a way to whittle down a couple of minutes. (ok, that does sound a bit mental… :boggle: )

Thanks Tiff for your good wishes. Hope everything is going well for you! :flower:

Zap – I don’t think I can offer any specific advice as I have different diagnosis (PCOS). I would be asking what your options are, and what these options might involve. I’m a firm believer that there are no stupid questions when it comes to TTC, so if you’re unsure of anything they’re telling you – ask them to explain. Sorry to be so vague – hope this is useful for you. Maybe the Endometriosis/PCOS thread can make some suggestions?

Sushee – thanks for sharing your inspiring story!

Trish – Your stories keep me giggling. :chairfall: Trishes everywhere huh! My mum’s name is Patricia…. There’s another one!

Ness, how are you?

Take care everyone!

I just wanted to add Patricia maybe in top 10 in Ireland

I agree 2 weeks with MIL would be torture. I lived with mine for 6 months in our house then she moved with us to our new house into a granny flat - she talked DH into building (lucky she paid).

We had some 'special' times- like days where the blinds stayed down on purpose. I always wanted to lock internal garage door to save her barging in on us ... and she did had impecable timing somedays -

Now she is okay for a hours (or all day minding our business without me around) after that she starts dragging out all the newspaper clippings how to run your life - she used to tape shows for us too ( why I should not let DS wear boots or how to discipline )and write my DH letters ( instructions on what he should do)

A classic was before we got married I found it one day somewhere - she must have read a love letter I sent him - told him to tell me to get a hobby because I wanted to see him more -tell her a man has to work -what crock ...

Later when living with us - she would leave them (mostly neatly typed) on dash on his car or windscreen or other places for DH - I used to rip them to shreds :evil: and 'paraphase' what she said to Dh - poor thing. We had some mintie moments..... and a lot worst with her breathing down my neck (old dragon)

If he found them first he didn't know what to do and hid them - till I found out :mad:

Mind you we got on okay in between the hidden aggression. She isn't too bad I suppose -I just always thought her 'boy' O was too good for me.

Ps OOPs maybe I should have posted in vent forum -but then Blue would miss this inspiring story - and Humphrey are a member of vent forum ?

Hello Lovely Ladies,

I've missed so much BB due to being asleep so I'm hopelessly behind on everything. Hope all those of you in the TWW are hanging in there and for those of you starting another cycle, best of luck.

Trish - your MIL stories are hilarious although I bet they were far from that at the time.

Humphrey - hope your little one keeps your MIL so busy she doesn't have time to interfere!

Looking forward to hearing some more good news from this thread very soon ...

Love,

Mel

She has not lived with us for 5 yrs

I know she means well .... but

She even wrote DS a letter (that he never got to read - she posted it snail mail to him) in August (just before Charlotte died) to say though everyone was excited about baby - we (DH & I ) would always still love him - I was :mad: imagine planting that fear in his head.

Trish wow!! She sounds a tad controlling!!
    I'm lucky that (A) my MIL and I get along quite well and (B) she lives intersate (which probably has a big impact on achieving A!!!)

Well I had a scan this morning to see how we are progressing and the ovaries and coming along slowly so have upped the puregon to 100iu and next scan tues.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast