Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & Assisted Conception Aug-Sep 2010

Nicoleh ~ EXCELLENT news hun, FX they continue to do well and all the best for your transfer

Kass ~ thanks hun, I do actually think it was possibly implantation, because Im not getting them so much anymore and I had a tiny bit of pink come out yestie with the Crinone (sorry if TMI), im still sh** scared though that AF could be coming but am trying not to think of that. Hope you're well today and all ready for your transfer

AFM ~ little bit stressed last night and today as DH is not going back to work today - he's quit. Just when our finances were coming together Im mostly worried about him though - he's not coping at all - he's been blaming the doctors and scientists for the lack of embies to make it and I keep trying to explain that its just nature. He had a run in with one of his work mates over it all or something and hence now doesnt want to go back. I think he needs counselling but typical male you can never tell them that without them losing it again

Oh loops hope your hubby realises he needs help will he speak with the IVF counsellors, do you have them available at your clinic? Would he go with you? Hope it was a positive sign for you. Only 7 more days to our blood tests/

AFM I feel nothing but Hayfever. Wish I could take something

Yep we do have them available still I think - might have to check. My step-mum is a really good cousellor so we may just have a chat to her but we probably should see someone on a not so personal level. 7 days wow - I know it goes quick when you think of it like that. I think I'm going to test tomorrow.
    Hope the hayfever disappears hun.
    I dont know about the symptoms now - by the hour they start feeling more and more like niggling AF pains - Im so scared. If this doesnt work I think I'll be so lost!
    I hope you are feeling more pos than me, fingers crossed tight for you still!

Oh I wanted to ask you ladies in the TWW, are you sticking clear of the food you're not supposed to eat whilst PG? I think I understand most of them but what are deli meats exactly and processed meats - are the hams etc at the deli section of the supermarket ok and its just the packet ones you have to watch or is is all of them? And are calamari and curries a no-go? HELP PLEASE. Thanks

frugal Guest

Trishy - I hate hayfever! Are you allowed to have a cup of chamomile tea? It works for me! Only lasts an hour or so if it's really bad, but it's easy to have another.

Loops - Sorry I'm no help with diet! I can't eat any deli meats due to a very restricted diet. (No dairy, gluten, sugar, preservatives, garlic, onion, etc, etc, etc..)

The nausea has got a lot better after that first injection. No real issues now. Phew! Meanwhile, I just got back from Melbourne, had blood tests and ultrasound. It's day 5 of this cycle, and I have 8 eggs growing in each side. I've got to start the Orgalutran from tomorrow night. Two needles a night! eek. Next set of bloods / ultrasound is Monday. We've also booked DH in for another ultrasound on Wednesday, so hopefully I need more bloods / ultrasounds Wednesday as well! (DH's ultrasound is for a small lump they found in the previous ultrasound.. they're pretty confident it's not cancer or anything.. but they wanted us to have another U/S to check it's not growing.) Poor DH, so many issues..
    He seems to be coping ok.. but today I got "Well, I'm glad you're healthy.." said in a sad kinda way. I really don't know what I can say to make him feel better about all this, other than not to complain about anything (actually, it's been pretty good so far, I must admit) and keep positive. I'm not sure what will happen if they don't get any sperm. It's going to be harder for him than it will be for me.

But, not thinking about that just yet. One step at a time.

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been in here for a while.
    First of all congratulations to everyone who made it to the 2ww and fingers crossed that this will be the one for you.
    Well, it has been a very stressful weeks with exams, etc. I am not feeling too well, as my cycle is not going great at all. I started off with quite a few follicles, but most of them didn't seem to grow. Three follicles grew, which is actually not that bad of a result for me considering my low AMH. I guess even though I was a bit disappointed, I was also happy that I responded at all (and I kept telling myself that it is quality over quantity). So I had an u/s on day 6, day 8 and today (day 10) and suddenly the three follicles have grown heaps and are now alreaday 23, 22 & 17mm (and a little one at 9mm / all others much smaller). Some of them grew like 7mm from day 8 to day 10. I can't trigger tonight because they don't do ER on Sundays, so trigger is tomorrow and ER on Monday. I am so worried it's all too late by then and they are going to be too big and therefore are of bad quality. I guess there is nothing I can do but wait, but just feel like everything is against me. I am annoyed that I didn't have an u/s on day 9 (as originally planned / clinic then said day 8 and 10 is fine), because then they probably would have been a good size. Anyway can't change it, it is what it is. They say that the 1st cycle is a bit of a guessing game.
    Sorry for the 'me post'!
    Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd check in and give an update. I've been managing to keep myself super busy with work and avoided thinking about pregnancy outcome as much as possible.
    My nurse rang early with the results.... BFP!
    They were right... it only takes one.

Goodluck to everyone about to have EPU, ET, and sticky vibes for all embies/blastys.. x

Great news NightWalker! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Well I guess it is sometimes quality over quantity! Wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!
    Hope that is the first BFP of many...

frugal Guest

Kristine - I'm so glad things are going well. I have everything crossed for you!

Night walker - Wow! Congratulations! Echoing Kristine, hope it's the first of many!

Uhh, question for anyone who's used puregon or any other injection? It's in a cartridge of 600 IU. I've used 150 IU four times now.. you'd think it'd be empty, yes? It has a bit left. Is it like food where they over-fill it, to be sure? It's a little late to be calling the nurse tonight, but I'll call tomorrow unless someone here can ease my mind.. Thanks in advance!

Frugal ~ thanks anyway darlz. Geez that must be tuff doing the shopping and cooking. Hope everything is ok with your DH! Yes they do overfill them - hopefully you get this and that eases your mind. Start a fresh one for your next injection.

Kristine ~ thats really good, happy for you. everything will be fine, im sure it will! GL

Night walker ~ BIG CONGRATULATIONS, so All the best for the next 9-10months!

AFM ~ still scared, Ive now got lower back/hip ache - not a good sign when AF due soon. Ive also got a shoulder ache though and I had that last time I had a BFP - so maybe they are good aches FX. I was so tempted to test tonight but I just couldnt bring myself to do it, maybe I can last to see if AF doesnt arrive.

frugal Guest

Thank you Loops. I do feel better. I'm sorry I can't help with the signs! (I'm not very useful to you lately! lol) Never had a BFP, and all the signs I thought I had over the last year were in my head. Hang in there. All I can do is for a BFP for you!

LOL no worries hun, thanks heaps for

loops - keeping my fingers crossed, hope all keeps going well and that nasty af stays away
    frugal - good luck jabbing and yes they do overfill them
    kristine - good luck for your epu and hopefully all will go well
    nightwalker - you lucky thing - big congrats
    hope everyone else is going well

I had my transfer this morning and now have 2 excellent blastys on board - now the tww begins, at the moment I have 2 more blasties but I won't know if they are good for freezing or not until Monday (would be nice to have a back up)

nicoleh - hope the tww goes quickly and ends with a bfp!

Loops - I'm hoping they're pg aches and pains! With the food I'd stay away from all processed meats, whether from the deli or the fridge. I'm not too sure about calamari - is the reason to avoid it in case it's undercooked or does it have other potential risks? I've heard that curry can raise your temperature, but I don't think it's a risk for listeria. Do you (or anyone else) know about packaged spinach/rocket etc? I'm assuming that because it's prepacked it's a no, but where I am you can't buy it any other way. What do you think? avoid it altogether?

I'm sorry to hear about your dh - you seem to have had some pretty difficult periods recently - have you been able to talk him into some counseling?

Frugal - sounds like your eggs are growing well! Hope your DH is ok

Kristine - good luck for your pick up on Monday

night walker - congratulations! lucky you!

trishy - hope that hayfever has cleared up!

Nothing new for me, just waiting for transfer...

nicoleh ~ thanks hun, glad you've joined us in TWW. I hope we both get twins, goodluck, everything is crossed for you and I really hope you get a back up

Kass ~ sorry I somehow missed you. Thanks for your advice, appreciate it. Ive never heard of the spinch/rocket as one and I was reading up on everything online and not once was it mentioned so perhaps its safe. I suppose we could ask our nurses.
    Thanks for your wishes once again xo

Default :'(

BFN on POAS. Dont really know how I feel just yet, obviously it might still be too early but Id say not if I was PG I think it would be showing by now :'( Ive also had a headache all afternoon - a terrible sign when AF due.

Thanks for encouraging me though everyone to be positive.

Loops- don't get depressed hun! I think it is too early, esp as I think I read somewhere that you had some spotting today, if that was implantation, the hormone levels won't be high enough to register yet- you are still in with a chance so stay positive!

Also good luck to everyone else- hope everyone's TWW is going ok.

I have been jabbing for 2 days- bad insomnia last night with racing thoughts, so not looking forward to the next week if that is only after the first dose-eek! Also pulled a muscle in my back that is making it hard to breathe let alone move so lying on the couch feeling sorry for myself! Oh well, can only get better!

Sticky vibes to all you brave girls xxx

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast