Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & Assisted Conception - November '05

Cazz - yay on transfer!!!! Lotsa :bluestick: inkstick: coming your way sweetie

Trish - hope all went well with your scan

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

thanks Sue & Humphrey

my scan went well I have about 10 follicles they counted -2 were bit small still , and 1 quite large (so might not last) - so we will have to wait and see ... I am going to blast this time -so hope I get enough and they survive to transfer.

I asked about blasts and then the DR I saw (think he was a registrar or ? not my Dr) said my DR had suggested it in the notes. So it was a good sign for me.

They moved my OPU to Tuesday now instead of Thur/Fri- I am booked at 8am (yippee first in) - trigger is Sunday 8pm

Tuesday pickup means 4 day transfer on Sat or 6 day on Monday ... have to wait and see what happens first and how they go and what scientists think.

Another bloodtest Sunday 8.30am - they book a time Sunday - so early start but bring it on I say - I am feeling excited - yesterday morning I was worried I might have a poor response ... feel better after u/s ...

Hope it happens soon Chele and we will be in 2ww together

(a bunch of us will be so [-o< 4 a mass exodus)

How are you feeling today Humphrey ?

I can definately feel strong twinges and mostly on right where there were 3 bigger ones actually.

Congrates at having 2 very precious cargo on board Cazz

That's fantastic news Trish. Nice number there!!! Hope you make it to blast too. I never quite got there as never enough embies. Woohoooo to first cab off the rank on Tuesday too. Don't have to sit around all day waiting. Finally moving along!!!
    Oh no Chele, the nurse from hell. There are a few of them around unfortunately. Sure hope you don't have to go back again!
    Congratulations on having 2 on board Cazz - look after 'em.
    Hi to everyone else out there.
    Love
    Sue :luck: :luck:

That's great news Trish - I'm so relieved for you. Also good to hear you have an OPU booked in. I don't know when mine is? Another scan tomorrow and BT and I bet another on Monday. I'm thinking I'll be Wed. But that won't work - blast transfer would be Sunday then :smt102
    Whatever - I'm just feeling happier that there's an end in site to this rotten wait.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Hi everyone
    Hmph, this may satisfy your curiosity about blast success rates. From one of the top American clinics.
    Pregnancy rates with blastocyst transfer are potentially "tricky". Because almost all clinics that use extended culture and blastocyst transfer are selective in choosing patients that will be eligible for this procedure, we should expect that pregnancy rates would be higher in this population as compared to the rates seen in "unselected" patients.

This does not mean that having a blastocyst transfer increases a couples chance for pregnancy. It means that (for example) if we select patients for blastocyst transfer that are younger and have more embryos of better quality - we should have higher pregnancy rates - because we already know that those patients are more likely to have success - whether we transfer on day 3 or day 5.

In my opinion, the greatest benefit of blastocyst transfer is to reduce the risk of multiple pregnancy by transferring fewer embryos of higher quality. We have had a very low percentage of triplet (or higher order) pregnancies from blastocyst transfer. Thus far, the rate of triplets has been less than 3% of pregnancies at our center. These triplets have been the result of "identical twin" splitting of an embryo - 2 transferred and 3 implanted.
    Hard to say really. My transfer was at day 3. But one of them was at morula stage. It's all in the lap of the gods.
    PS. Don't forget, you're trying not to overfill yourself with too much info!!! You're trying to relax girl!!
    Love
    Sue :luck: :luck:

I remember reading success rates on another board and so many were blasts ... older and younger women
    thanks for info Sue -interesting :-k

my Dr said they do it often but never offered it to me first time and I din't know any the wiser

I figure give it a try - thinking give a whirl and might get lucky

Humphrey does your clinic transfer day 4 blasts ? if OPu Wednesday ... I hear you on being relieved to have the goal posts in sight - now we just have to get the ball in right place.

Goodluck for scan tomorrow

Good Luck Cazz. all the best

Love Helen

Teagan Guest

Sorry, I haven't had much time to respond to people.

I had the first insemination yesterday. The procedure itself I think went well. They seem very thorough. Yesterday they put 2 catherders (sp?) in. One through the cervix wall and I think the other one was in the opening. I had the second one today which seem to be the more tradition turkey baster type thing, where they just inserted the sample inside.

Personally I found yesterday a little difficult. The night before I had been due to finish work at 11pm but the night shift did not turn up and I had to stay to 7am (duty of care). So I wasn't able to sleep. I was really exhausted by the morning. As well as that my support friend got caught in the traffic chaos in Sydney yesterday and missed it.

But things went better today. I still hadn't been able to get that much sleep because I did the night shift last night so I could be off during the day. My friend came really early today and we went and had breakfast and coffee before the procedure and she was there for it today....which was great!

I feel pretty positive tonight and all I have to do now is wait 2 weeks.

Hey Girls

\/ =D> [-o< Transfer is 10:15 tomorrow morning. They are defrosting embie no 3 tomorrow morning and will be putting it back to stay this time hopefully. They rang today and asked how I felt about going to town tomorrow morning well I said depends what for LOL as if I would say no. I have had such a surge overnight that lab doesn't think embie needs to grow overnight as last month and they can't wait till mon or will miss it. No trigger needed either so hopefully all goes well. Has anyone else ever had a transfer only hours after thaw? Good Luck with those follies trish wow Sue, Cazz, Trish & Chele all in staggered 2WW together. Hope it happens for us all.

Update Important Dates please Mods. 1 Embie on Board 5/11 Preg BT 18/11 and sticky vibes pretty please

Wow, lots of bubbies coming up, I know we did want the mass exit:

Cazz, yah for embies on board
    Chele, hope transfer went well, I'm not sure exactly when my clinic tranferrd after thaw, I just went in when they told me to.
    Teagan, shame about the experience, hope it'll be forgotten when you get the BFP
    Trish & Humphrey, I'm sure the EPUs can't come quick enough.

All my embies have gone to blasts. That is generally what my clinic does & promotes, mainly for reduction in multiples.
    My positive is that I had 2 successes (even though they didn't carry on) with my blasts.
    And I guess sometimes it helps to try something different when it didn't work last time.

Take care guys, just watching from a bit of a distance at the moment.

I guess Chele and Teagan are in 2ww now

Goodluck to both of you.

Chele my embies were only thawed on morning of transfer - they told me they only do the day before depending on what stage they are and you are.

Tam - thanks for encouragement I hope you are healing quickly and feeling stronger emotionally and physically. Stick around and take acre of your beautiful heart.

Hey Girls

Nothing is ever easy hey. My embie is a sticky one and didn't want to leave the catheter untill the 3rd attempt with a 2nd catheter. As this is 3rd IVF maybe 3rd time lucky for both things is a positive sign.

REUPDATE Important Dates Preg BT 21/11 not the 18th as thought.

Melinda Guest

Ladies,

Just a reminder to everyone who posts in the LTTTC/AC forums that there is an extraneed for sensitivity when contributing to these forums.

The internet can sometimes make messages come across the wrong way, or insensitively, causing hurt and frustration to other members, because internet communication is the written word rather than face to face. There isn't the value of the spoken word with internet communication. So please be very mindful of not only what you post, but also the way in which you phrase your posts.

BellyBelly's forums all demand a lot of support, understanding and kindness, but specifically this is even more of a necessity in LTTTC/AC. The frustrations of LTTTC/AC along with hormones and meds means that everyone is understandably very sensitive, and this really needs to be a place of positive support - be careful if you are ever tempted to use sarcasm or humour, as even with the best intentions, these messages can be read as very hurtful.

Thank you all for your co-operation, and I know you all will be mindful of the above.

I know my clinic only ever transfers blasts - but as we can see from those who have graduated from here, you never know what is going to take and stay and what isnt! Seems the luck of the draw, almost.

Either way I just hope we all get what we've been dreaming of.

Im finally injecting and loving it!

(sorry havent been able to update anyones details or add sticky vibes guys because of a debug error, that will soon be resolved - then I'll get right on it )

yay =D> on starting Keen ? Lucrin I take it or stims ?
    So quiet in here -where has everyone gone

I know it is late now :sleeping:
    Miss you all

Hi Girls,
    So many of you in here waiting, waiting, waiting for something. I often lurk to see what is going on but don't have alot to contribute at present but wanted to wish you all loads of luck with what you are waiting for. [-o< Some graduations from here are due so it will happen very soon.

Hi girls..

Back after a weekend away on the South Coast... :sleeping: so very tired and I can't concentrate on doing personals at the moment. SO.. I wish you all the very best of luck for your EPU's and ET's and BT's... I know there is alot going on here at the moment, and I wish you all the very best with milions of :bluestick: dust: to every single one of you...

Me on the other hand into hospital on friday and i am so nervous about the outcome.. God only knows what they will find.. trying to stay calm though..

love leis xx

just a question -hope a few read this
    I have my trigger tonight at 8pm and have been taking Synarel at 8pm - the nurse told me not to bother taking it tonight

1st cycle I was told yes take it at 8pm -trigger that cycle was 11pm

I am just confused and don't want to stuff anything up :-s :smt102 :smt100

Leis -hope you had a lovely time away - as much as I am one for worrying try not to get too worried about Friday ... think of it as a chance for healing of any wobbly bits , a fresh start and answers - we will be thinking of you

Hi Anney - lovely to see you -thank you

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast