Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assited Conception ~ May 2006

Hello

Big hugs to Skye - long time no see, how have you been going ?? where are you up to at the moment ???

Well I had my EPU yesterday and and we got 12 eggies, I ranht he clinic and 8 have fertilised !!! I am very excited we do the transfer at 1.30 tomorrow. So once again will be back in the TWW, havent been there since last year and found it hard to get through then... dont know how I will manage it this time.... ohhh and lets not even begin to think about the amount of HPK's that I will churn through during that time!!! Hah hah.

So my sympathies with those currenlt in the TWW and wishing you all very positive vibes.

Just one questions... does crinone (?) effect HPK's ???

thansk alot

sounds very promising Sari!

this is a very general question for anyone who has done ivf before. I am expecting to have my epu and then have the eggs transferred 2-3 days later as i have read.

But upon talking to some people who have gone through ivf before, they recommend waiting until the following month before the transfer. why? is this beneficial? does it matter? hope someone can help tia

Hi everyone just popping in to help answer some q's and spread

Sari, crinone doesn't effect HPTs but the trigger does...

Danni, I am assuming that the people you are referring to are talking about transfering when you body isn't as overloaded with hormones from the stim.
    I personally think fresh is best but this is my opinion only.
    Our first stim transfer was cancelled due to OHSS I got 24eggs of which we froze 5, of those 5 only 1 survived the thaw...
    We had this one transferred (FET) BFN.
    Second stim 2 transferred fresh BFP...
    I'm not sure exactly of overall statisics but my OB told us 1/4 chance of bub in a cot for fresh cycle compared to 1/5 FET.

HTH

Shez xoxo

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi girls,

Shan I'm so so sorry about the BFN

Janee, GL for your bt. I'm not a believer in the accuracy of HPTs if you use them before AF is due, with good reason. The fat lady hasn't sung for you yet!

Sari, great news about your embies. Grow lil fellas grow!

Cherie, you've got willpower of steel! You hang in there, away from the HPTs!

Danni, I too have been told that your chances of success are better with a fresh emby, rather than a frozen one. I too had success on a fresh cycle.

Everyone else

thanks for popping in sush! been looking for you

Sari - Thats great results from your EPU.....good luck for tomorrow, we'll all have our fingers crossed for you....

Hey Sush...great to see you....how's your baby boy Charlie treating you.... he's gorgeous...

janee Guest

Hi all, sorry for no personals, currently fighting back the tears..BFN as anticipated....
    I intend doing all the wrong things over the next few days....dip, soft cheese and alcohol.I really thought our first IVF go would work - now I think that was incredibly naive of me - and foolish.
    Await the nasty witch's arrival. Then it's FET for us in July - but it sounds like that doesn't hold much promise from what I've read? Would we be better going for a fresh cycle you think? Time is passing me by. DS turns 6 in 3 weeks and it feels like forever waiting. To be honest with you all, I desperately want to keep trying, and at the same time just wish I could let go of this all and be back to the "old" me that was happy and fulfilled.
    I for all of you with tests coming up, that lady luck and good fortune shine upon you all.
    Take care
    Janee

oh janee no! im so sorry to hear that. Have fun indulging tomorrow on all those naughty things and enjoy yourself while you are at it thinkinf of you hunny

Oh Janee sweetheart :hugs: I'm so sad for you. I was thinking of you all day, hoping that you would have good news. I don't think you were naive for thinking your first go would work .. I think it's a privilege of being an IVF virgin to be a little optimistic. I'm so sorry about your BFN .. I really hope your FET brings you your little miracle.

Oh Janee...i'm so sorry sweetheart. As much as we all hope that this would have been your month, know that how ever many cycles it takes, that we are all going to be here for you, for as long as it takes. Take care of you and look forward to the next transfer with as much enthusiasm as you did this cycle. Love ya hun...

Oh janee, I am so sorry sweet

janee: i just wanted to add. We are almost at the beginning of our first ivf cycle and as much as i keep telling myself that chances are it wont work first time, i am still secretly sure it will. Does that make sense?

So when i do see another bfn i will be just as devestated as you. We are only human--wonderful women at that and we cant help our feelings and who would we be without any optimism?

~Jane~ Guest

Janee - I'm so sorry to hear your news

Janee, I am so sorry to hear your news. Sending big cyber :hugs: to you.
    All the best with your FET - I hope it brings you a little miracle bundle of joy.

baby_love Guest

Oh Janee - I'm soooo sorry about your BFN. Keep your chin up honey - I know it's hard but we're all here for you. Big to you. Take care.

Sari - Great news about your EPU - hope all goes well for your ET...grow little embies grow.....

Shushee - hello stranger - how is everything treating you??? Hope your little man isn't giving you too much trouble!!

I'm feeling really nervous and a bit confused - had mild AF like cramping yesterday but nothing at all today hmmmmm the mind wanders....I think I'm reading too much into it - but I can't help it. BT on Monday so desperately trying to stay away from the HPT's in the supermarket - although I do walk past them and linger for a while kind of wondering what if??? Nah - I'll try to stick it out and keep myself occupied.....Much Love to all
    Alex xoxox

Janee, just wanted to let you know that IVF is very much a numbers game & success may come when it may seem unlikely too.
    Don't feel that an FET has any less likelyhood of success. I personally have only been successful on FETs (even though m/c) & I have seen many a lady pass on through these forums from FET success. FETs are a little less pressure on your body
    Take care of yourself, enjoy those 'forbidden foods' & especially give your family lots & lots of hugs.

Take care & good luck to all you lovely ladies. It is a hard road to run, but we will do it!

janee Guest

Just a quick and a huge THANKYOU to everyone for their kind words of support and wisdom.
    Will probably be MIA for a while while I get my head sorted. Shall return when not so pessimistic. Good luck to everyone.
    Take care

Janee

Take all the time you need Janee - we understand, and we'll be here waiting when you're ready to come back

Sari - meant to say YAY for your 8 fertilised eggies, and I hope your transfer went well. Sending you a wheelbarrow full of

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast