Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait - Feb 2008

pretty impressive Blizz with the newborn you WILL have soon...

ok..off to watch house...sorry...no wi-fi yet...
    sleep well all my impatient little girls...

Lulu- Oh exposed one!! I've emailed you. Enjoy House. My mum is obsessed with it but I watch way too many shows and do not need to get stuck watching another one!!

Katones- Is all ok with you? We're all thinking of you today.

Have a good night all. Tonights sleep brings us 1 day closer to our much awaited BFP!!

Hey girls!
    Today was a better day at work, a bit more focussed!

Bel, I'm sooooo jealous of your time off work.. hope you're using the time to do some pampering in this TWW. I'm so sorry you had a down day today

A welcome to the newbies: Nat25, best wishes for the start of your cycle when AF comes; Blizz & Waiting1 - welcome, you're both a few days behind me (my transfer was on Monday)

Bring on those BFPs !

Emma - have a luuuuurvely romantic dinner at Matilda Bay, that's a lovely restaurant.

Is anyone else doing anything for valentine's day ? DH and I dont tend to celebrate, but we're meeting friends on the beach tomorrow for fish and chips for dinner which will be nice.

I had a bit of an adventure with the pregnyl shots yesterday. DH had put the needle in, and he was halfway through the very slow pushing the dose in (I make him do it slowly coz as we know it stings!) - and my tummy did this loud grumble. DH then said in his funny way "oh DEAR..." and I couldn't help it, I just started laughing.. and you know what laughing does to the stomach! So my tummy pulled away from the needle before all the medication had gone in... and we had to do it again! (but i had the giggles so it took a while to calm down first!) SIGH the things we have to do.

Lulu I was reading your thoughts about the pregnyl - POAS thing, and I dont think I'll be able to risk it for me which is such a bummer.. my luteal phase regime includes 4 HCG needles, the last one is only 4 days before the BT, which is too early isn't it? I was hoping to get a bit of a headsup, especially if it's a negative... last time I had my heart in my throat the whole day waiting for the BT phone call result, dont you hate that!

Katones, I hope you're doing OK today .. it's such a dreadful wait, I hope you got some good news

Deni- Yeah having time off work is great to relax and rest and catch up on some me time but I wouldn't mind having something to occupy my mind- the grass is always greener!! But I have enjoyed the time off though. Have caught up on much TV and am reading some great books. Have probably also tried to sort out all the troubles of the world in my mind and have thought constsantly about this TTC. My DH once while giving me a needle just pulled it straight out before injecting the fluid. I was like S%#T, what are you doing. He said something like "OOPS sorry" so you have to just laugh. He'd be great for days- really confident, then he'd just be like "I don't know what I'm doing"!! Poor things. I bet they didn't think that was what their vows meant!!! My DH and I are probably just walking to a local restaurant for a quiet dinner together tomorrow night and actually enjoying being together for Valentines.

BFP!!!!!! my HCG beta levels were at 2000 ~ 21DPO
    my ultrasound is booked in for the 3rd march.

WHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG that is such FANTASTIC news !!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS KATONES !!!!!!

Oh Katones - YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    I am sooooooooooooo happy someone is leading the way. Congrats sweetie-pie..I am thrilled for you...now please send over some stick vibes to all of us!!!

Deni - dont do it. I know BT day is horrible but 4 days is just too risky to still show false positive like it did with me. Honestly, I think it's much harder facing a BFN after you saw a BFP if you know what I mean. Try and be tough and hold out..I know I'm not one to talk but have (ms addicted) but have been there done that with the 'fake' BFN and its heartbreaking...Oh - and what a bugger - double Pregnyl shots in one night - ouch!

Bel - no never lived in the States...but you never know. I am 42 (yes old bag) and who knows...if I dont get my lifelong dream...I may well spend sometime there in the future...I love it. NY - OMG - my best. Was there over xmas and NY. Love love love!!

So to all my lovelies....Happy Valentines Day...

Good morning guys

Katones that's fabulous news, really good to hear!

deni how can you laugh when you're being injected? OMG!!! I only wish I could be that relaxed heheheh

OK grrls... I have POAS twice in the last 24 hours, and despite all my best intentions I'm comparing apples to oranges *and* cherries. DH bought two new different brands of test, making 3 in all so I can't compare the way they look at all! You'd think with his scientific background he'd know better :P (*waves to hubby if reading*, I think he's been lurking!!). So the low down is it was still faint last night (pregnosis - horrible name and hard to use!) and kind of faint this morning after 2-3 minutes (clearblue). But hubby was all excited as when I was in the shower it went heaps and heaps darker. I'm not sure if we should pay any attention because it was past 10 mins, and the instructions say to disregard after that time.

I guess at least it's good there's still SOME hcg there, but it's not clear if it's stronger or not. So, after all of that I'm none the wiser and $40 worse off. Serves us right!! LOL So I'll be patiently waiting for the BT results tomorrow and trying not to check my temp every half hour LOL

I'm doing back to back interviews at work today and tomorrow *groan* so probably won't be on much! Hope you guys have a great day

Tish
    xx

Hi Girls
    well im having a feeling sorry for myself day i keep doing the well im not preg yes i am no im not...... you know. And felt so bad this morning DH gave me the most beautiful card and pressie and i just cried cause i cant cant give him the thing he wants most, so pathetic Anyhoo
    Katones yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa, that is so cool and has made me feel sooooooo much better wishing you a [email protected] prg
    Tish: that is sounding really great a strong positive is a strong positive!
    Bel; i know what you mean about work being a good distraction, im working on sat D Day dont really know how im going to cope getting the results at work, but my boss is a really good friend so hes great. V. lucky.
    Deni: Thats sooo funny, but ouch
    MM how ya goin, house was good last night, i should get the heads up to whether to watchor not as your ahead of us wa ones!!
    Blizz: welcome hope the TWW flies by
    Sorry girls but can i ask opinions:
    Bit annoied with D mother talked to her yesterday and mentioned concern about an other ectopic as tube may be scarred, she basically had a go saying why wouldnt we do IVF and at least that way its going in the right spot. I kind of agree but IVF is really full on and really expensive (although i got told off for saying that to as "its not about the money" oh really) Im thinking if this cycle doesnt eork then next month im back to my left side where there is no tube and the chances of eggie making it to the other side are none and bucklies. So is IVF/ Fet a very big jump from IUI, i know about the pickup but other than that? And id love to know what you all think. FS said 2 more IUI cycles then IVF. How long does it take to start an IVF cycle is there alot of preparation or can you start as soon as AF arrives?
    So sorry for the long post

Hi scooby, I'm not sure what clinic you're at, but if it's Pivet, I can tell you that the IUI cost me $1800 (before rebate), and IVF was $3950 (before rebate). If you need ICSI, as we did coz of only having 1 egg, it's an extra $800 (before rebate). At this stage I'm not sure how much we'll be getting back from medicare - we will be reaching the safetynet, but will let you know in a few days as I submitted the forms yesterday by post.
    It is something to think about and talk to your FS and DH about. I know that IVF can be really full-on - for me though, maybe it's because my dose ended up being too low for me anyway, I didn't have any side effects beside very mild bloating, and I didn't have much of an issue about the needles. But in contrast, my work collegue had a big reaction (not quite OHSS but almost there), and was very uncomfortable and very emotional, on a lower dose than me (and produced 51 eggs and had a cancelled cycle). So it's so hard to know what your personal experience would be. In all cases though, the emotional rollercoaster can be tough, particularly if there isn't success, but my way of thinking is - at least it's increasing our chances so it made me feel positive we were getting closer to our goal...?

Usually clinics have counsellers you can access, which might be useful for you and DH to talk abuot the pros and cons.

Also - you may already know this but don't assume your ovaries will alternate sides month to month. I once had 3 months in a row of ovulating from my left side - so each month you stil could have a chance and here's a too !

Oops - just also adding this Scooby: I was put on a "flare" ccyle for IVF which meant i could start on CD2 of the same cycle (as long as I had an FS planning appointment on day 21 of the previous cycle). Depensd on your own circumstances. I had two IUI's and usually they'd do 3 before IVF but because of a few issues with me the doc was happy to proceed with IVF but he would've agreed to another IUI if we wanted it.

Katones - I have some questions for you, I hope you dont mind!!
    - you mentioned you had 4 POAS positives, had you also been taking pregnyl shots in your luteal phase?
    - do I remember correctly that you had AF symptoms a while back? was it really just like AF and how many days did it last?
    - any spotting?

Sorry about the quiz-fest !!! So happy for you !!
    Last edited by deni; February 14th, 2008 at 09:46 AM.

Deni - I can see you asking those questions...I thought we discussed this?? hmmmm???

Scooby - its a toughie. How old are you..?? Look...the fact is, IVF does offer a higher chance of conception. With IUI, yes they are cleaning out the sperm and making sure its good and concentrated, then shooting it up the never never and hoping it spears the right eggie. With IVF, they can do ICSI if your eggs are older or sperm not great, where they take 1 little sperm and actually inject/force it into the egg to ensure fertilisation. Then later they put the dividing embie into the 'nursery' as Deni's DH calls it (and i love it). Therefore giving you higher chance. I know its expensive - believe me I know....
    The way I see it is - if you're young - yeah sure go for another 2 cycles...but remember...your chances are less then then girl next door as you only have 1 tube. I hope I am not being too harsh, just trying to be honest.
    The clinics do different cycles. I have done 1 long (wity synaral spray)..you start this about a month before I think. Now I do the short cycles and start my needles on day 2 of AF and start a 2nd needle on day 5 (this stops O instead of synaral). There are pros and cons with both cycles. I just paid $4530. I had ICSI (extra $600) and the orgalutran (2nd needle) $330. My clinic now incl blastie growth in all treatments (yes so they should as everytime I do a cycle its gone up again).
    Wow what a mouthful...hope I havent overstayed my welcome..

Salt - thanks for your lovely wishes

Tish - you are funny...we await tomorrow with baited breath

Bel - and where are you today???

Happy Valentines Day Lovely Ladies

KATONES!!!! Congratulations.. I am truly so very happy for you. Look after yourself and enjoy every moment of your treasured pregnancy

Tish- Only one more sleep then hopefully this stress will be lifted from your shoulders. I feel for you so much. My BT is on Mon and I just don't know how I'd cope without an answer ON MONDAY! Don't tell Lulu this(Lulu don't read on!!!) but I'd be doing just what you are too- POAS that is. I'd just want to know. So anyway know that we are all here for you tomorrow and will be nagging you to tell us what is going on all morning!! Hope you have a lovely evening with DH to take your mind off things a bit..Hi to DH if you are lurking!!

Scooby- Oh Scooby I hear you. Dec 2006 saw me losing my baby due to an ectopic pg and removal of my tube. I tried drugs for the most of last year but with PCOS as well I think my FS thought IVF was my only hope- I wasn't even offered IUI and it was never even explained to me. I think my fear of having a 2nd ectopic was just so great that I was actually relieved to be starting IVF. My experience was pretty horrific- tube ruptured and bled internally. Took 3 months to heal but the emotional healing is nowhere near over. What I have learnt though is don't let anyone else tell you what you should do or what is right for you. You and only you know emotionally, physically and financially at any stage in your life, what you can deal with. There is nothing wrong with continuing on IUI if you are happy to do that. And I pray for you that this will work and you won't even need to think about IVF, but if you do then you will deal with it when YOU need to. As I said before I was kind of relieved to start IVF but it is a big step. But also remember, your longing to have a child doesn't just begin when IVF begins- you have obviously been longing a child for a long time now. So you will feel the same longing, the same TWW and you will be longing the same BFP that you are now. In summing up-you decide what steps to take and when. I hope that helps you a bit. I had no idea this sort of support was available when I lost my baby and knew no-one else who had an ectopic pg. Hope I can help you...

Lulu- Here I am. Have got into a terrible habit while home with DH of going to bed at ridiculous times (like 2am) then sleeping in til ridiculous times (like 11am!!)I even have to set the DVD recorder to tape Opie just in case I don't wake up in time! I know- very naughty and VERY LAZY but it's just so nice not to be woken in a hotel at some stupid time and putting on the uniform and a smile!! So how are you feeling today my friend? Technically according to Dr Lulu, tomorrow would be an appropriate day for me to POAS but I have decided not to give in. If its negative I'll be gutted- and I don't need that. How about you?? Now don't fib- when is your POAS day? I hope you get lots of love this Valentines. I know you have special people in your life. Big hugs

Bel - my BT is next Wednesday. I had my last Pregnyl last night so no point testing till about Monday (but ofcourse knowing me sunday which is really not so good with the pregnyl but we'll see). You are being very brave about not POAS - am most impressed..

Hi Girls
    Well to start i got over myself had a cry while trying to pick a valentines card for DH (pathetic)
    Thank you soooooo much for the info you are god sends, its good to know that you dont always ovulate side about so thanks Deni, that thought alone was really depressing me. I am 34, 35 in May but i have a DS aged 4 (totally blessed) and i would love to have his sibling close together. Im sooo sorry if i sound really selfish i know i have DS and i am eternally grateful.
    I think the reason why FS stuck to IUI is because DH has "super spermies" and they cant seem to find anything to seriious with me (Minor PCOS) but i seem to ovulate etc. ok LH surge is a little low hence the meds and of course i fell prg first round of IUI and With DS i fell preg first go, so its very weird. Deni i go to fertility north in joondalup i only pay $385 for IUI but i dont know what it is before the rebate.
    Bel: i KWYM with the ep thing and this is going to sound really paronoid now but ive been thinking if i were to have another ep what would i do cause if you have the methoxarate you cant TTC again for 6 monthes or something til its out of you system so i reckon id get the other tube removed.
    Woah im really rambling today, call it TWW hysteria apologise everyone for my ranting. And a big thank you for listening and for the wonderful advise.
    And lets hope i dont have to worry about anyof it.
    MM not harsh at all i totally get it i have quite a good FS and he is very blunt and straight to the point which to be honest i prefer.
    Hope you have all got wonderful days planned, even if we cant booze it up
    B4N

ok...feeling aches and pains...funny feelings in uterus area..I know its probably sooooooo my imagination...how sad am I??
    OMG this is going to be a long 6 days...are you ready??

Lulu- I am so ready-are you?? I could become a basketcase come Sunday... I'm feeling the same. Forgot to tell you, yesterday I called the clinic and asked if my outrageously sore BB's could be from the drugs. And of course instead of telling of telling me what I wanted to hear she was like "It most certainly would be the drugs" AAAAHHH!! Couldn't she just have lied and said "Oh I'm certain you must be preganant"!!! AND I asked if I did a POAS it would come up with a false positive. She said no but it still might be a bit to early to register if I am pg so best not to do one.. I hear you now- "WHATEVER"
    AND you be positive- aches and pains and funny feelings in uterus could mean BABIES not only a vivid imagination!

Scooby- Although you think you are suffering from hysteria, you make perfect sense to me. I really don't know anything about this drug methoxarate but if I were you and ended up with another ectopic in my other tube I'd be asking to have it removed too. I think you are left with a lot of scar tissue from ectopics and you really don't want to risk another one if you know your remaining tube is damaged from yet another ectopic. We shouldn't even have to think of this should we?? Oh how it all sucks!!

So I've been awake for a grand total of 3 hours and 10 mins now today (sorry to make you all jealous) and DH has just asked me if I want to have a siesta with him. Sorry girls, I might just have to lie down for an hour. I'm tired too- ok mind games again- am I tired cause I'm pg or just cause I'm a lazy sloth!!!!???

And I have funny feelings too. Like really light AF pains. She had BETTER NOT BE COMING!! I MEAN BUSINESS HERE!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast