Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait Thread #6

Well, I am nearing the end of my tww and have come to believe it hasn't worked. Pre-AF symptoms right on schedule with her due Fri or Sat depending on how she feels. I feel exactly the same as a previous couple of cycles so now its just waiting for the inevitable it seems. As the HCG shot wore off, all of my hopeful symptoms just faded away.
    Will let you know the final outcome but I was really glad to have somewhere to come and share and to see some wonderful bfp's while here.

S'rose - oh no, I really hope that it isn't AF on her way. I am still staying positive for you!

Peta - welcome to the TWW. It is hard to find a balance between thinking positive, and trying to not get your hopes up too much isn't it. I am not sure that I am doing a very good job of it.

I am in a really quiet time at work at the moment, so I don't really have much to keep my mind off the TWW, spending lots of my work day thinking about it. 6 more days to try and make it through!

We are thinking about going to the movies or something tomorrow night, just to try and break this week up a bit. Have something else to look forward to.

Hi again all...

Have been absent for most of my TWW... mainly cos Shel had two weeks off ending yesterday, so spent most of the time out and about and trying not to think too much about it all.

I am CD30 today, but had the IUI late on 11/10 (CD18), so am 12DPO (though FF reckon I am 11DPO so I dunno). Have an appt. with dr on Friday. But I'm pretty sure this one didn't work, as I am feeling extra PMS-y this time, emotional, bloaty, and crampy. BB aren't sore at all, and no pregnancy symptms. Feeing a bit yuck, but I am just run down. So I am fully expecting AF anytime from now...

Arielle, JoeS, Georgette - congratulations!!!!! Hopefully I wil be joining you soon...

Ggirl... the Hcg trigger knocks me around too, I think it is normal. Good luck.

S'rose.. prog at 82 is very very good... I've heard levels above 15 are good levels, so 82 would be better than good (I think).I hope ithas worked for you but I know what you are going through, I am convinced that mine hasn't worked either again. No pregnancy symtoms or anything for me, just a little bit of funny feelings after the trigger, but now nothing.

Deni... long time no see, good luck for this cycle, and hopefully you won't need that next IUI!!!

Hi everyone

just jumping on board...had my transfer today.

Good luck to all that are waiting... congratulations to those with positive results...and for those with not so good results - big hugs and I send positive thoughts out for the next time you give it a go.

This is my second stim cycle ...5th transfer in total.

The nurses and doctors at the day surgery know me by my first name which is nice, but at the same time you want to scream out....I don't want to have to come back again any time soon!!!!!

General question, a few of you have mentioned HCG shots...can anyone enlighten me on when these are administered and what for?

Thanks guys
    Mary

Hi Mary,
    I have the HCG trigger injection a day before my IUI, to stimulate ovulation. Some other people also have HCG boosters in the luteal phase (the two weeks from ovulation to AF, when progesterone is leading) to help support the luteal phase. Do you have any HCG shots?

Mary - I have HCG shots after my IUI, my clinic does them as standard for all IUIs. Hcg is just to try and encourage the body to produce the right hormones to optimise environment for pregnancy. Plenty of other girls dont have/need the hcg injections tho. Depends on what your doc thinks about what you need specifically.

Alicia - hi again ! I'm for a BFP result for you this cycle. It's so hard with the whole symptom thing. I get down about the AF symptoms too, but then I also hear of girls who feel like AF is coming and it ends up being a pregnancy. so confusing !

Sonya - I'm with you girl, also feeling vaguely AF type symptoms. Also see comments above - I've heard heaps of girls on BB say they'd swear AF was coming but then it just never did. !!!!

Hi everyone else - BFP vibes to all!

Well my doc appt today with my new FS went well and we agreed on an IUI plan for next month. (my old FS left the clinic so had to change docs). He agreed to my suggestion of a BT/scan a day earlier than last time because I’d worried that they triggered me when I was already about to O any minute (by the follicle size) - and I later thought maybe we’d missed the at the time IUI was done 43 hours later. So next cycle I start with FSH 50iui as like before and go from there... So all good for a plan!

Unfortunately I’m feeling vaguely crampy today (cd26) so AF is most likely on her way, which seems such an unfortunate waste of the two I managed this month!

Mary - I had one shot of HCG as a trigger 40hrs prior to IUI procedure. So mine was as an ovulation trigger shot.

Sharon - I think my IUI was too late as well, I am dead sure I O'ed the day before transfer so I am hoping for a better result this cycle as well. Don' worry about wasting eggies, I'm in the same boat this cycle too lol... Hoping that AF stays away and lets those eggies win the day

Alisia - I am sorry you feel the same as I do, its rather depressing really. I hope that you get a chance to be wrong about it though, it would be a lovely surprise for us all. Those triggers are awfully tricky with mind games I think.

Nellie - Its awful thinking about it all the time, quiet weeks at work are so bad for that. Hoping you can find a nice thing to keep you occupied for the rest of the week.

And thank you all for the nice thoughts...

Thanks Alisia, Deni and Sonya.

I have only had it to trigger ovulation. So I was curious to hear of other people having it during their luteal phase. I have been going to see a chinese herbalist/acupuncturist to improve my progestorone levels post ovulation. Recent cycles indicate this has worked in a way...I start spotting before AF alot later than I used to.

I hope the crinone gel does its job!

I'm feeling a bit funny about AF coming too... I had really sore breasts over the weekend but now they feel normal, just like preAF... I'm not feeling hopeful AT ALL and just wish this TWW would end either way! I am feeling pretty emotional today which hasn't happened for a while, maybe my body is preparing itself for something... who knows? but I have heard that alot of women get preAF symptoms then they get a BFP.... I pray that is true for all of us in the TWW!

I've had the Pregnyl trigger 36hrs pre IUI to bring on ovulation too. It would have been a few days before I would have ovulated naturally so I hope it did its thing at the right time.

I'm thinking why they hell shouldn't it work? The timing is supposed to be perfect and the sperms are the most potent of all and we have no known fertility issues...so why the hell wouldn't it work? It's got me dumbfounded! and we have nice healthy progesterone levels too....

Anyway I hope all the new TWWers don't have too long a wait... AF is due tomorrow or Thurs for me but hoping it takes a holiday for 9 months....

Good luck everyone else, we need to get more BFPs out hey?

Hey ladies

I will be joining you in the tww in 2days

I have to have my pregnyl shot tonight and will have iui done thursday morning after dp sperm gets washed. I have 2 eggs waiting for me so with any luck we will get bfp this month. this will be our 4th attempt at iui

i hope that af stays away for you all and you all start growing some nice big belly's

take care

Good luck mummy2

WenJ - vibes for you too!

girls I just opened a new thread on pregnancy discussion about AF symptoms before BFP and already there's quite a few responses. So keep hopes up everyone (that's to myself as well!) and think BFP thoughts

Morning Everyone
    Well I am only at #3 of the TWW & am just trying to look after myself to give the little one the best chance of sticking.
    MaryT - I had a "Trigger" injection 36hrs prior to EPU also. Now I have the lovely crinone cream for the TWW!
    Well girls, good luck to you all - hopefully some of our TTC journey's will be ending very soon, looking forward to some good results.
    Have a great day.
    xo

Hi all,

Mary, have you heard of Vitex? It's a herb (agnes castus (sp?)) and supposed to be a really good for regulaing the luteal phase and also progesterone support. There are a few threads on BB about it, maybe use the search for 'vitex'? Some people can't take it, I can't because of the PCOS, but talk to someone about it, it might be just the thing for you if you need it.

Deni, I so hope this it is for you this month!!!!!!! Will check out that thread and hopefully might give me some hope... though also hopefully not too much. The disappointment of AF after the TWW is crushing.

S'rose & WenJ ... I hope you're wrong about your feelings too! I have heard that some people swear that AF is coming, and they are pregnant, which is so hard, because I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but then am more excited at the same time. :S very frustrating and yes very depressing as well.

WenJ... I feel the same as you... why isn't this working?!?!?!? The conditions are perfect, ovulation right at the time of the IUI, washed spermies so they are all strong and ready to go, surely it should work! I guess it will one day, like they say, even with fertility treatment it can still take 6-12 goes to get pregnant.

mummy2, goods luck!!! Will send you some fertility vibes for tomorrow morning!

Peta... good luck!

And good luck to anyone I missed, hope we gets lots of this month!

Me: 12/13DPO (depending if you believe me or FF lol). Well, its gotten the better of me. Scrutinising all possible symptoms. Only one really, aside from the peeing loads, which I've decided isn't a good enough symptom to look out for, and thats some horrible nausea. Last night, it hit me and I was so close to losing my dinner but fought it off. But geez, it just came on so quick I didn't even realise what was happening! One minute I was extremely hungry (and I had just finished dinner) and then *wham* wanted to spew. And again this morning, I woke up ravenous, and now I'm close to spewing what little I have my my stomach. *BLEH*

Still lots of AF-like cramps though, and I keep expecting AF any second, but nothing yet. BBs are a little sore, but that could just be AF too. My skin is really oily, another AF sign. Not too emotional now, so that didn't last long, but it was still there which is also disappointing. Am dying to do a test, but I don't think I could bare to see a ... I hate seeing that stick with only one line. Though whenever I do a test, AF comes that day, so maybe I can just do it and hopefully AF will come so we can start the next cycle.
    Last edited by Indadhanu; October 24th, 2007 at 08:03 AM.

Good luck leesha.. I know it's hard to not get too excited... we SHOULD be getting excited when TTC but when it's quite a long way down the TTC road it gets harder each time with the disappointment. When is your scheduled BT ?

For anyone on HCG injections in their luteal phase, I really recommend NOT testing with a HPT. I'm so glad I didn't test last IUI cycle for me, because my luteal phase was 5 days longer than usual, and I started to get my hopes up, and if I'd done a HPT it woudl have definately been (falsely) positive, but would have been the hormones left over from the last injection (as my BT was a bfn)- so hold out if you can !!
    But if you're not on the injections then you're much more likely to see a true result.

everyone ...

Hi deni, I have an appt. with th dr on Friday, and I think he's just goin to say "if you don't have AF by Monday have the BT then" like the last two times, but I've never gotten to have the BT cos AF had already arrived. So sometime between Friday and Monday, probably Monday.
    Since you are doing this cycle naturally do you have a BT scheduled from your dr? When will it be?

NAT025 Guest

Hi Everyone
    I haven’t been posting very much but have been reading everyone’s posts. Congratulations to everyone that has gotten their long awaited BFP yey!!!

As for me yesterday I went in for my EPU and got 5 eggs. I know that I should be over the moon but I am a little down as last time we got 14 eggs. Out of the 14 we got a Day6 blast with a BFN.

I have just found out that out of yesterdays 5 only two have fertilised. The clinic has advised me that they would like to transfer the two on Day 3 as they think they may be better put back earlier and they are trying to rule everything out. Has anyone had luck with Day 3 transfer?
    Last edited by NAT025; October 24th, 2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: wording incorrect

HI Nat
    I'm sorry to hear that you only had two eggies fertilise. Hopefully these are the winning two though (trying to look on the positive side)! I have just had a Day 3 transfer of one embie. My FS was very pleased with this as he said that the embie was growing very well & just how it should. We have 6 frozen ones to fall back on if this one doesn't stick (all 3 day, I think it's called Molcular or something like that). I always thought 5 day was better, but am happy to run with the experts.
    Question for everyone (its a bit of a silly question, but anyway) - Because I don't O/AF myself & can't really remember any symptoms of AF, I don't really know what might mean BFP & what might mean AF, so if anyone has any definite symptos of BFP, it would be great to hear them. Silly huh? My hubby & I are not going to do any HPT, we are going to wait for the BT so symptoms would be a good interim indicator.
    Take care all & rest up.
    xo

NAT025 Guest

Thanks Peta, Good Luck hope you get that BFP

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast