Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait Thread #9

oh hun and not having DH there would make it even tougher, well if i lived anywhere near you i would come and visit hun so you could pour all your emotions out (not that you cant anyways) .... oh sweetie .... i feel for you and spending the day in bed is the best thing for you right now ... i am sure DH wishes he could be there with you too hun for lots of cuddles .....

Thank you everyone for your congratulations, we are still trying to get our heads around it.

BG - I am so sorry AF arrived, the old cow It just isn't fair. I hope you have a really lovely Christmas so that you are refreshed to try again in the New Year, with one of your beautiful snow-bubs.

Default new to thread

Hi, I just started my first 2WW on IVF after 4 failed IUIs. Had a blastocyst transfer on Saturday and I've been given 21/12 to test. Do you guys usually wait to know until this blood test or do you cave in and take HPT earlier. I'm not sure how strong I can be to wait that long!

Should be either a very good christmas or a very alcoholic one I guess! IVF was not what I expected. I don't know that I was fully aware just how much your body is put through on a stim cycle. I was really sick with bloating and stomach pain from my 2nd scan until yesterday when I started feeling slightly normal again. I pray I don't have to do it again but I don't think I have any surviving blastocysts in the freeze.

slyder Guest

Hi Kate, and welcome. It seems pretty common for people around here (including my wife and I) to test before the blood test. Some people test every day from very early on. I favour waiting until the day before so that we are prepared for the result in our time and own place (ie. not at work). My personal feeling is, if you're going to test yourself, hold out for as long as possible as an early negative or early positive will just do your head in with the uncertainty and potential for things to change.

As for the stim cycle, it is a pretty full on process isn't it?

hey kate - welcome hun and the 2WW can seem long and short at the same time, I only have 2 more sleeps to go until we get the result and it is hard to decide whether to test early or not ... on one hand i want to be prepared so I am not hit at work with a BFN, yet agree with slyder about early positives .. for me i am on crinone which i know doesnt affect the HPT results, so depends if you are on that or pregnyl injections as I know pregnyl will affect HPT results if it is not out of your system ..... Good luck with it all and we are all here if you want anything answered !!!

Hi All!

Well I've been lurking around for a few months trying to get past EPUs and finally on the third go - I've made it! I am currently on day on day 5 of the tww and really feel lazy with just the crinone to apply each night!

Full steam ahead though to the 19th when all will be revealed unless AF decides to show.

As it's my first tww I really don't know what to expect but have loved reading your posts, it has really helped!

I'll keep you posted!!

Hey tanya - i am on the crinone too and it feels weird only having to do that doensnt it after all the injections etc, but I think the crinone is really quite good .... good luck on the rest of the 2WW ... today is my last day of waiting ,.. but i think mine has flown by lolol ... i guess you need to try and not focus too much on it and still keep yourself busy but relaxed !!!!!

Hi there everyone, remember me? Well we had a lovely time away on our holiday, but unfortunately AF found me there, so I am back on Clomid again for another cycle - oh well....

I just wanted to pop back in and wish everyone all the best, and Melsta good luck for today!

Oh Susannah sorry to hear that AF found you hun - naughty witch that she is ..... hope that you managed to have a good holiday in spite of the bad news ..... where did you head off to ??

Thanks for the good luck, the blood has been taken and will have been picked up by now ... I am under strict instructions not to call my DH unless I have the results lolol ..... he is chomping at the bit to know lol ...

Melsta - we went to Coffs Harbour, it was really nice. Our DD had a ball, swimming every day and she loved the Pet Porpoise Pool LOL It was good to just get away after what has been a pretty traumatic couple of months

I have to say though, that I was actually more disappointed that AF showed up while we were away than that she showed up if that makes any sense?? We had to make a dash to a chemist to get more Clomid which was a pain - I knew I should've filled the script before we left Honestly I never really expected to fall pg first cycle back on Clomid, so I'm not mega disappointed. But the awful Clomid mood swings have been back this week - blerch!

Good luck again for your blood test today

Hi everyone.

Melsta hun, I'm right with you as much as you need lol!
    Little fish, I'm really sorry to hear your news of a few days ago. I hope you're doing ok. Many hugs.
    Hi Tan and Kate, I'm miss C hope you're both hanging in there! I know it's tough - GL!!
    BB - how are you hanging in there with you're beautiful little package?
    BG - many, many hugs :hugs:

Well, it's a BFN for me. AF started during the middle of my wedding on Sunday after spotting in the few days before

I'm now quoting from my post in the LTTTC & AC thread here (tsk tsk sorry!):

My wedding on Sunday was the best day of my life, so it's somewhat bittersweet, but we're looking forward immediately - the aim is to confirm with FS whether we are going straight into down-reg in the next day or so or whether we are doing a thaw cycle after a rest cycle. As we only have 1 freezybub, we're keen to do another down-reg to use the time we have here before we move early next year to the best advantage. At the same time, I think a natural thaw cycle may give us a better chance so we're not sure and we're seeking advice - I have up until day 7 (which is Saturday) to start OCP if we try another down reg cycle before we leave, so hopefully we'll get a chance to speak to FS in the next day or so. Any advice that anyone here has would be much appreciated too

Let me say that the alcohol is coming out since the wedding lol - I was so good whilst ILs and DH were drinking away every night during the TWW! I was really good and restricted myself to one glass of sparkling at the wedding even after I knew AF had arrived, but now that the b/t this morning has confirmed 0 HCG, I think I'll have a good glass of red tonight

I hope you're all well and hanging in there,

Miss C (now also known as Mrs C :P)

Sorry all just wanted to pop in & wish Melsta good luck. U've done fab during the TWW..hope it is a very happy positive result hun! Let us know as soon as u can!

Ciao xx

PS Congrats miss_c!

awwwww im still waiting and i think the nurses are out at lunch how rude i have even rung and left a message lolol .... awwwwww hurry up hurry up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry my rant is over ...

Yay mrs c good to see you back sweetie and my prayers and thoughts to you again on your BFN .... but i have missed you and glad we are in communicado again xoxoxo

Melsta, hun, I am sooooooo wishing and praying for you atm.
    Hang in there! I know how difficult this must be!! I've missed you heaps and I'm here for you xoxo

It's a BFP !!!!!!!!!!!!! Levels are 475 and they look for 100 as a minimum to say yes for pg .... OMG OMG OMG OMG .... I am in so much shock I cant even cry ... (Yet!) .....

thanks to everyone for your thoughts and wishes too not only in the 2WW but in general .... it wouldnt have been easy without each and everyone of you who all bring something special to this group ....

congratulations Melsta!!!

miss_c - so sorry to hear AF has arrived hun - she is an evil visitor with the worst possible timing

YAAAAAAAAY Melsta! Many hugs, hun! As per the other thread!

Thanks BG - she was either super evil or had a super ironic sense of humour this time round! I was in a white dress for crying out loud!!!! Hope you're hanging in there - I know hubby's not with you til tomorrow... :hugs:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast