Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait Thread Jan/Feb 2008

Thanks for the welcome scooby. Counting down the days now cd5 so should know within 9 days now. I try to wait until I'm overdue or feeling pg to test. That lonely single pink line is just heartbreaking. In answer to your Q tho... I do eat as though I am pregnant already, when af arrives I allow myself to indulge in something (a few coffees or a few glasses of wine) to make me feel a bit better. I follow a low GI diet though, it's probably one of the few 'safe diets' for pregnant women or women ttc.

Hi girls
    AJC know what you mean about the POAS i hate those cursed things
    It seems pretty quiet in here at the moment. I must admit ive been pretty mellow about the whole thing so far, although i have been busy. DH told me that he dreamt i was pregnant the other night, creepy thing is the last time he told me he had a dream was when we got together he dreamt he was kissing me so hopefully its his little bit of intuition
    Well hope the TWW is being good to you all.

Hi all,
    It's my first time here in the TWW as last cycle I had no idea this kind of support was available. My ET was yesterday and I was so devastated before hand to find out they thawed 4 of my embies just to get one to transfer but they say this one is a beautiful blastocyst. I'm on a HRT cycle and am taking 6 progynova tablets a day as well as the 3 pessaries a day. Booked in for my BT on the 18th. I know we all feel the same but I just hate this wait. I hate the mind games you play with yourself. My head fells like it is going to explode it is aching so much from the HRT but I refuse to take panadol. I know its safe but I just don't want to have any reason to blame myself if I get yet another BFN.
    Looking forward this this TWW being made easier by everyone's support and stories. I hope I can help you all too.
    Bel

Hi Girls,

I'm baaaaaaack....

Looks like deja-vu...Scooby and Deni you were both here with me last time as well. Deni - best of luck for Monday...will be thinking of you.
    I just had my transfer today, 2 embies, 1 early early blastie and one almost at blastie stage. Sadly the other 2 embies did not make to freezing..

Good luck everyone...here's to many BFP's...

Hello Lovely Ladies,

Well, I'm back in the TWW, and since I've been gone there have been quite a few BFP's I've noticed!! Well done girls and congratulations on your exciting news! Best of luck for he next 9 months!!

Well I went back to see my FS last week to discuss the next avenue, I told that that before we continued with anymore treatment - I would like to check out the pain I've had since my CS 2.5 years ago as I am not entirely convinved it along with our troubles TTC this time around are conincidence! He agreed and I am booked for a Lap on Wednesday 20th Feb which I am very happy about, as I am very hopeful I will be given an actual reason for why this is proving so difficult. Was meant to head in for O Tracking blood work last week as well, but given the Lap later this month I didn't see the point and to be honest I welcomed the break. DF and I still 'gave it a crack' this cycle based on changes in CM, and I was so great not to have TTC lingering in the back of my mind for the past few weeks. So technically am in TWW, but not expecting anything due to our 'casual encounters' this cycle. ha ha

Feeling really great about this month, DF got the new job he applied for and starts in 2 weeks, it's valentines day next week, I have my Lap the week after and it is DF and I 4 year anniversay on the 29th Feb which is very special this year. Due to it being a leap year, it's the first time we've been able to celebrate it on the day. We're going to Matilda Bay for dinner where we are also considering having our reception so we are going to gather some info and look at the room while we are there...can't wait!!!

Well ladies...I hope we have many more BFP's this cycle! Fingers crossed and lots of Babydust for all!!!

Ems
    xxxxx

Hi Ladies,
    Hope you all had a relaxing weekend and managed a few minutes(HA HA!!) without thinking about this TWW.
    I am really trying to work out where everyone is up to and when everyone's blood tests are scheduled for.
    Tish- Are you still on this TWW journey?
    AJC- I feel for you. I know the pain of falling pregnant and then having it taken from you. I had an ectopic pregnancy late 2006 and lost my tube so my struggles began then. I am correct then in thinking you are trying naturally this month? Fingers crossed for you
    Emma- I wish you all the best for this month. You never know- a "casual encounter' may be just what was needed this month!!
    Lulu- You had your transfer a day after me. When is you BT scheduled for? I wish though we were closer to our BT dates!
    Didispunk- How did your weekend go? Are you also still in this TWW?
    Katower- Is that spelt right? Sorry if not, I've tried to go through the last couple of pages and written names down and I can't even read my own writing!! Is your BT on Wed 13th?
    Scooby- When is you BT? All the best for you.

So, have I missed anyone?? How is everyone going??
    My blood test is on the 18th and I'm feeling really positive. The nurses said that since I'm on a HRT cycle AF probably won't turn up giving me a BFN, that I'll have to just wait for the BT. So i'm not in so much of a panic everytime I go to the toilet this time dreading to see the red toilet paper!!
    I've had a few light period type pains today. Good sign?? Bad sign?? And my BB's are killing me but I am 100% certain that at this early stage it is all these lovely HRT drugs I am pumping my poor body with.
    So good luck to all for Monday. Enjoy your day. Let me know where you are all up to.
    BFP's for everyone
    Bel

nope!!! i got a BFP about a week ago!!!! Betas are great I am over the moon!

Good morning all

Bel, yes I'm still in the TWW, just! I'm just back from my blood test so waiting waiting waiting for the results now. The wait has gone so slowly, but probably nothing to how slow today will go hehehe.

We did cheat at the last minute last night and POAS. True to form it wasn't a clear result - serves us right for cheating There was a second line but it was veeeeeery feint (half preggers? LOL) so we're trying not to get our hopes up just in case.

I hope everyone is well, and not going too stir crazy in this cruel TWW! Thinking of you all, but a bit preoccupied for personals today!

Tish
    xx

PS recommend spending weekend with in laws as a great way to divert your mind from TWW thoughts (at a cost)..... but that's another story LOLOL

Hi Bel...am jealouse now as my BT only on 20th Feb...will test before - but on Pregnyl shots - so have had the false positives before...goodluck!!

Hi Girls
    Hope you all had a great weekend
    Tish: KWYM i just spent a week with my inlaws Sounds like it was as good as yours.
    MM: welcome back to the TWW hope this is the one
    Bel and MM isnt it soo hard with the hormones cruizing the veins i have so many symptoms, but what do you put down to pregynl and what do you put down to AF onset or prg it does your head in a bit.?
    Emm: you know what you just never know ? and sometimes when your most relaxed is when it happens. have a great time at matilda bay V. jealous
    Katone and AJC hows it going?
    Hope i didnt miss anyone.
    Plodding along my blood test is on sat. so not long to go altough i just had my last shot of pregnyl on sat just gone so i guess i cant test for awhile. Starting to get real nervous, i have had some AF like cramps, boobs have grown abit and feeling so tired, but is it the pregnyl Abit worried too as last BFP was the ectopic and my FS said chances are it can happen again, trying to stay very +ive though.
    good luck all.

oooooh Scoob....
    When are you going to test oh brave one..???
    Me - sadly I can never hang out till BT...you know Ms Addicted...
    you gonna test Tue -hmmm bit early for pregnyl, maybe wednesday?

Morning Ladies!!
    Didispunk- So sorry. I didn't realise you got a BFN. I pray next time will be the time for you.
    Tish- I truly wish you all the very best for today. I really need to hear some success stories right now so I'm waiting for your post. Everything is crossed for you. Hope the day doesn't torment you too much.
    Lulu- I am desperate to do a test at home but am too frightened to get a negative and am too frightened to get a positive in case it's false. AAH! what to do??!!
    Scooby- Sat is so close now. I hope the week flies by for you. Did you have an ectopic on IVF? I had a natural ectopic and thought the chances of a second were a lot less on IVF. Do you mind me asking if you lost your tube or they managed to save it? I am petrified of going through that again. I was sent home from hospital after a "miscarriage" and D&C and was still in pain, only to have my tube rupture 2 nights later. Such a horrific experience. I so feel for you. I'm really trying to be positive too and thinking surely once is enough for anyone to have to go through that. And my head isn't just done in a bit- it's totally done in on this TWW!!!
    Have a good day everyone. I hope it's an easy one.
    Bel

Lulu- Ok, so sounds like you know when to do home tests!!!!
    Do you know if a HRT cycle would produce a false positive. Am on 6 progynova tabs a day (YES 6!!). Blood test exactly a week to go. Do I dare chance it at all??? I'm petrified!!
    MIND GAMES MIND GAMES!!!
    Last edited by Bel; February 11th, 2008 at 12:18 PM.

hmmm Dr Lulu not so familiar with Prog tabs - but assume they are progesterone.
    OK - no...Dr Lulu just googled them - they are actually oestrogen replacement to build up uterus lining...so Dr Lulu believes they shouldn't show false BFP...because its the HCG that does that...
    So Ms Bel...when was your transfer? Have not gone back in this thread since my first post.

Dr Lulu!!!
    Forgot to tell you also am using crinone in the morning and two progesterone pessaries at night. My transfer was only on Fri, but was a blastocyst so my BT booked in for one week today- 18th. I know its probably too early yet to test but all these false positives just freak me out!! BTW, What do pregnyl shots do? Dumb question??
    Thanks for your help
    Bel

Hi Bel,

Crinone and progesterone pessaries are just pregesterone - no HCG.
    I have the choice of 2 x prog pessaries daily or 3 x Pregnyl needles spaced over 9 days. I hate the waxy pessaries and esp having to wake up in the a.m, putting one in and lying there for 30mins - YUK. So suffer thru the hurty needles instead.
    They are kinda the same thing - progesterone but the needles have HCG which give false BFP's.
    Now transfer Friday my friend - you are waaaaaaay too early to test. No point whatsoever till about 21 Feb. If you pathetic like me - then I would start 19 Feb - 8 days later. But please dont listen to a sad POAS addict like myself....

Dr Lulu,
    Thanks for the info. Been hearing all about these pregnyl needles. I suffer the waxy pessaries instead!
    But, I have my blood test booked in for Mon 18th Feb so maybe if I did a home test on Friday 15th??
    I think my test is only 10 days after transfer cause I had a blastocyst transferred? Would this be right?
    Sorry if I'm annoying you. I'm at home on my own while DH is out paying bills etc and my only girlfriend who has also done IVF got a BFP first cycle. SO JEALOUS!!
    Thanks Lulu

duh - sorry I got my dates mixed up...
    if it were Ms Addicted I would start 15 onwards for sure...but I am a sad case. See I only have my last Pregnyl shot on Thursday and there is no point till about Tuesday (really too early) or Wednesday to start because the horrible stuff can hang around in you system for days..
    Last edited by MsPink; February 11th, 2008 at 01:36 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast