Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #2

Hi Swirl. Trigger was done the day before iui both times. My last cycle I had one dominant at 18 and some others close to 10. Because my cycle was so short, an u/s had to be done (same as first time too) to make sure follicles were all clear to go again. I also thought the follicles stopped growing once ovulation was triggered. U/s showed 2 follicles at 14 and 16 left over... Nurse said they were smaller ones from last cycle that kept growing. If we went again this cycle, as well as stimulating new follicles, the others would keep growing to a point where I would have too many follicles and the cycle would be cancelled anyway.

I think I've just about given up trying to work out what my body is doing!!!

Hi Ladies,
    and welcome swirl! My scan I thought went ok yesterday morning, the nurse said things were moving slower but seemed more controlled, i had a follice about 14 and the 2nd 13 and some smaller ones, so i went to work quite relaxed.After work i got a phone call saying that my oestrogen had not gone up since saturday, infact had gone down a little, but this was not uncommon. The nurse then said that the doc wanted to keep me on 50 as he was concerned that there was other follicles about the same size, a 12.5 and a 11 ! She said that the lower oestrogen may also not be a good sign as may indicate poor egg quality.so feeling a bit down today If he increased my dose then that would probably increase my oestrogen, but then also increase my chances of the other follicles catching up! I feel I am always going to have this problem of multiple follicles, so probably no point doing a further iui in the future, like you swirl , I feel this is a stepping stone to IVF. This will be my last month of treatment as well for a couple of months as going away so really wanted to give this month a go! I go back for us and bloods tomorrow to see how things are progressing. FS is phoning me today to talk about cycle.Has anyone heard of a treatment where they reduce the number of follies by fine needle aspiration so the cycle doesnt have to be abandoned? Found a research article saying that this can be done,
    " Fine needle transvaginal ultrasound guided aspiration of excessive pre-ovulatory follicles is possible so as to not abandon the treatment cycle. The expertise and equipment to perform this are readily available in IVF units."
    Will ask him about this as a possibilty if it looks like it is on the verge of cancelling.
    Whilst doing some reading I also came across an article that said a better pregnancy rate was achieved if a spontaneous LH surge occurs before HCG administration, especially where the administration of HCG is delayed 8-10 hrs after an observed LH surge. It said that it was thought that the lh surge may do the final maturation of the egg. Thought this was quite interesting as dont think i had an lh surge last time.Has anyone been triggered after a surge like this?
    kaydee- How is your time off going? must feel strange not having all the intervention this month! If this month is a bust I will also be trying naturally for a couple of months, will try the vitex again , this worked but sadly didnt stick as I have LPD.I have everything crossed for you, it would be fab to cancel the appointment
    Nicole, Belinda and Paula how is the IVF going? Hope the drugs are not making you feel ill!
    Amy- Hope your 2ww whizzs by and you get a
    Swirl- Good luck with your injecting
    to you all
    Fi x

Hi Ladies,

Well I had my blood test today and the results weren't what we had hoped for....last month following the IUI my progesterone level was 45 and this month it is only 29 so I have to have the booster Pregnyl needle tonight

Belinda good luck for tomorrow :
    Fi I have everything crossed for you :crossfingers

CD1 for me today.
    Will start back on FSH 50u tomorrow. I am away over the weekend, so will have full blood test and US on Monday morning.

I asked my FN today re whether there could be any follicles left over from last cycle and whether this would be a problem. She just no there wouldn';t be any left over and i didn't need an US before starting this cycle.

Fifi: I haven't heard about aspirating unwanted follicle or about the LH surge prior to trigger. My clinic just said that if LH had started to surge then they give the hcg straight away and IUI the next day. If no LH surge and a dominant follicle, then trigger that night for IUI 36hrs later.

S

Fi, I feel for you. It's so hard when everything is looking good and then within a day or 2 you feel like it's all turned on it's head. I hope the phone call with your FS will help and your cycle doesn't have to be cancelled. Haven't heard anything about the fine needle procedure.

Amy, stay positive...the pregnyl may really give you the boost you need.

Swirl, good luck with your first injection.

My fingers and toes are crossed for you girls!

Hi Amy
    sorry to hear your progesterone was low, I was on the pregnyl booster last cycle and it really did help. My problem has always been low prog, but following 1 booster my progesterone was 168! so I have everything crossed for you!
    Fi x

Hi ladies,
    How annoying just wrote a really long message and it disappeared, hate it when it does that
    Well i finally am going to have iui tomorrow after a very up and down week, thought they were going to cancel, but phone call today is go ahead so very happy that these follies wont be wasted oestrogen was moving slowly during the week but has increased by 300 since yesterday , no scan today but follies were 15, 15.5 and 13 yesterday, was concerned they were on the small side but FS said 2 would be mature, also found article that said when injecting with purgeon 15 is adequate, so my mind is at rest. We have also decided to do a double iui, read last night that recent research shows that iui 12 and 34 hrs post trigger has an increased preg rate. Since it is my last for 2 months, will give it a go FS happy for me to do it, will cost 100 dollars as medicare will only cover 1 iui, not bad really! Feel slightly better that ovulation is more in line with my natural cycle which is normally day 15ish.Thats my update!
    How are you all going? it is very quiet here?
    Amy- hope the wait isnt too bad! do you have to have another prog blood check?
    Swirl- hows the jabbing going?
    Kaydee- how much longer till your next cycle starts?
    nicole and belinda- where are you up to on your ivf cycle? how are you going?
    hope your all good
    fi x

Hi Fi. So glad your levels have all worked out in the end! What an emotional week you've had! Best of luck for your iui tomorrow. I hadn't heard of the option to have 2 iui's done.. might be worth considering for our future cycles if our clinic will allow it.

Not sure when our next cycle will start... I hope it doesn't!!!!! My last "in between" cycle lasted 34 days I didn't think AF was ever going to arrive! I've only just ovulated so I'm guessing this cycle will be a longer one too. I'm at day 20 now.

Swirl and Amy. How are you girls going?

Hi Ladies,

Swirl, good luck for this cycle. Hope all goes well!
    Amy, how are your levels? I do hope the pregnyl shot does the trick. I hate pregnyl!!!
    Fi, good luck with the IUI tomorrow. I didn't know about the double iui. Hope it goes well for you.
    Kaydee, fingers crossed AF doesn't arrive for you!

A quick update on both myself and Nicole. Nic has decided to put the IVF on hold for another month, so she and her man are busy DTD all on their own this month!!

Myself, had epu yesterday. 8 eggs from 9 follies. All DH's number great. Went home, had a call from the clinic 1 hr later to tell us DH sperm motility had declined rapidly and they didn't think straight forward IVF would be a good move. After discussion with FS we decided to do ICSI. We now have a better indication as to why the IUI and trying to fall naturally wasn't successful. Call from clinic today, from 8 eggs, 7 injected, 2 didn't make it overnight, but 5 look fantastic! So if all goes well with my embies, transfer will be Monday. I have to say I have a new found admiration for those ladies who have had to do continual IVF cycles. I am in pain today!!! Very bloated and quite sore, but should subside in the next day or two.

Will be checking in on you all over the next few days!!!
    Belinda xxx

Hi Ladies,

I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing really well

It has been one week today since IUI and one week to go so far I don't feel any different, so I think we will do one more IUI and then move to IVF. I had the much dreaded Pregynl but not going back to the clinic until preg test. I thought it was strange that they don't check my progesterone levels after the injection....but they are the experts.

Belinda - hopefully this is the month for you
    Fi - I am so glad that you didn't have to cancel this cycle, good luck today
    Kaydee - I still have everything crossed for you that it will happen naturally for you this month

Enjoy Friday Ladies

Hi girls, how are you all going?

Amy, when is your preg test scheduled?

Fi, your TWW begins!! Hope the time flies...

Swirl, how are you going with injections? You must nearly be up to blood tests???

Swirl, sorry... just read a previous post and you're having BT and US tomorrow. Good luck!!

I had my US this am. 12mm and 11mm follicles plus a number of small follicles on the right. Nil on the left. So no dominant follicle yet. Still waiting for the results of the blood tests. Spoke briefly with the FN who feels all is still on track, will just need another bt and US in 1-2 days to check progress. Hopefully by then will have a dominant follicle and will be able to plan trigger/IUI.

The FSH injections don;t bother me in the slightest. The hcg injections really sting. I got by husb to inject my trigger last cycle because I had heard that they sting and because its a really large volume. I cried it hurt so much. The luteal support/lower dose one don't seem so bad and i have given those ones myself.

I too am interested in the double IUI concept. Might see if my clinic will do that next cycle if this cycle is not successful.
    FiFi: just a technical question. With the double IUI do they get your partner to produce 2 samples or do they divide the one sample.

Belinda: hope that the embies cont to grow and develop, good luck for ET ?today.
    Good luck to everyone else

S
    TTC #1 12mths +
    Unexplained
    OI/FSH/IUI #1 BFN
    OI/FSH/IUI #2 - in progress

Hi Ladies,

Glad to hear that everyone is doing really well.

Swirl - I am so happy that you are getting closer
    Kaydee - My preg test is on Friday but I don't feel any different so I am predicting a but I am keen to try again
    Fi - How are you going?
    Belinda - Did you have your transfer done today?

Amy

Hi Girls,

ET done this morning, so we now have 1 embie on board. Now for the dreaded TWW!

Amy, for Friday. My test is the following friday, so lets hope it's great news for both of us!

Swirl, good results with the U/S today. My second cycle of IUI felt like forever as my follies were a little slower to respond. But, just think, you only need 1 good size one to get the BFP!! I agree that the hcg injections hurt like crazy. Are you having the pregnyl after the IUI - they are not fun!!!

Hi Fi and Kaydee, hope you are both well.
    Belinda xx

Hi everyone,

Belinda- This is fab news that the transfer went well! It must be reassuring that they have found the possible problem in the sperm, as you say , it may be the explanation to everything! I have a feeling this is your month

Amy- Not long for you to wait now, I have my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully you wont be injecting again next month, but if you are a small tip for the pregnyl, inject it very slowly, it gives the surrounding tissues time to absorb it, I did a little stopped then did a bit more until all gone, not really painful at all that way.

Swirl- Hopefully you will be on track for an iui soon! To answer your question about the double iui, It is 2 seperate samples, we went in on friday morning and saturday morning, poor DH was drained What amazes me is how much sperm samples change from day to day. Initial sample was 99 mil, 1st iui was only 10 mil, fri was 44 mil, sat 24 mil !
    Kaydee- Hope AF stays away, fingers crossed you dont have to go through any of this next cycle!
    Well update with me is as said before we had the double iui and have bd for the last 3 days, so I feel I have done as much as i can do this month, its not in my hands anymore!
    I feel more positive though this month as it happened exactly when i would of ovulated naturally, had my natural LH surge as well. It has been more fun this month, when i knew i wasnt going to be cancelled i relaxed alot, so did DH .
    I go for my progesterone test friday, preg test is 2 weeks today, seems along way away! Might change it to the tues as dont want to find out at work, dont want to be crying over the patients if it is bad news
    If things dont work this month then we will be going natural with the pregnyl support for a couple of months.
    Hope your all well
    FI

Smile

My bt results came back late on Monday afternoon. I didn't ask for the exact numbers. FN just said another bt and US on Wednesday morning (tomorrow). She seemed to think things were on track. I'm just hoping that tomorrow will have 1 or 2 dominant follicles so we can plan IUI, accupuncture etc.

FiFi: thanks for the info on double IUI

Good luck for everyone for the TWW, hopefully I will be joining you by Fri/Sat

S

Poking my head in here ....

I had an IUI this morning. I've been injecting with puregon and did a HCG trigger shot yesterday. My FS was a little concerned that I had 1 large follicles and 4 medium follicles. He isn't keen on multiple pregnancies. However DH's sperm count for the insemination this morning was very low (0.7 million, not even a measly 1 million), so I'm guessing pregnancy is very unlikely, let alone multiple pregnancy.

Good luck to everyone else doing an IUI this month
    Last edited by Cherie; May 13th, 2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: removing signature as per LTTTC courtesy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast