Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #3

Bella 55 - Happy Anniversary and enjoy a chardie

Shades - How r u going ? You havent posted in a while

Diamond - I have the same painfull ovaries symptoms as you a few days ago, I am three days behind you ... so here is hoping we get our BFP's in the same week

Original P - Metallic Taste is a good sign - what day was your IUI ?

I know I have missed a few lovely ladies - I cant scroll back as I am in an advanced message ..

AFM: IUI today and a lovely 7 million little swimmers transfered - I have pain in my ovaries, which I hope is a good sign, and a BT on the 12th Dec - no other BT before then apart from Pregnal day 4 and 8 - feel a bit excited today - I didnt need the trigger as my lh urine tests that the FS gave me showed two lovely lines - so off we went a day earlier ....

What tests do you ladies have after your IUI ? I am very interested in hearing your experiences

to all us lovely ladies

wouldloveabubba - I'm here - just waiting and waiting and waiting as always.. Off to have my CD12 bt and U/S this morning - cross fingers my ovaries are working again this month and hopefully I'll be IUIing on Thurs! I do HPTs like a fool at home - no bt from my FS unless the cow's late.

Hi Everyone,

It has been a few days since I popped my head in...

Firstly, OP sounds like some positive vibes coming from your end. Being day 5 is that dpo 5, which i am also today... Good luck for Day 21 test today.

Shades - also good luck for bloods and u/s. Hopefully there is a nice big fat follie there, let us know how it goes.

WLAB - yay for IUI yesterday. I hope it all went well. Did you experience any discomfort afterwards in addition to O pain? I always seem to. Good luck and hoping the TWW goes real quick!

WBAM - I am thinking of you and hoping you cyst goes away on its own. Was the Natropath able to help you with this problem also?

Bella - Im glad your levels have gone flat and you are ready to start this cycle. Good luck!

Welcome Saph, Im sorry I can not offer any advice on OI stats compared to IUI stats. I have tried to research this sort of thing but not much luck.

I hope I havent missed anyone...

AFM - I am on dpo 5 today, and off for b/t tomorrow to check prog levels. Had 1st hcg injection on sunday and have been feeling bloated and a bit out of sorts ever since. Getting some mild twinges/pains in my abdomin but Im pretty sure it is from the hcg. So Im just coasting along...

Diamond: I felt a very slight crampy feeling for a few minutes after IUI - I am going to go to local gp and ask for a prog level test, like you, a few days after my Pregnyl inj - glad all is going well

Shades - Good luck for today's us and b/t

One question : Did your sample run out after the IUI ?? - my FS said I should get minimal spillage, but I am sure it came out, I asked should I lay down at the clinic and she said no - I am a little worried it didnt even stay in !

Hi All,

THe naturopath said that the main problem I seem to have with the PCOS (aside from the silly acne and hair...) is the insulin resistance. Even though my bloods have always been normal she thinks that the ups and downs aren't helping things. So more regular protein with having something every 3 hours during the day. So this morning was small muesli along with an egg (not together!), I'll have nuts mid morning and afternoon and a normal lunch/dinner. She goes with small changes first, I'm sure there will be more to come. But I'm determined to lose the weight I've gained in the last 12 months. I've previously lost 26kg on WeightWatchers which was great, but have gained 6 this year without changing much. Just since coming off the pill.

OP sounds like some really positive signs your way - fingers crossed! In fact it sounds pretty positive all round on here atm. I'm running off this morning so still can't respond to everyone but just sending all the good vibes around!

I can just quickly say that my FS says about 20% for both OI and IUI, just that the mechanism is different so some things work better for different people. And obviously IUI's more invasive. IVF is also about a 20% chance. So he starts with the least invasive (OI) and moves along from there. Interestingly for the lucky ones who can do this naturally, odds are more like 25%. All the drugs change the mucous consistency in the uterus making it harder for implantation. Wow, the things you pick up!

I hope to hear some good news about Os and BFPs soon! Good BT to you all...

Sorry just read WLAB's post. My nurse says they will leave me lying on the bed for half an hour post IUI and it's a good idea. It's weird that different clinics say different things - I hope everything was ok and that my clinic is just over doing things.

And the naturopath seemed to think the cyst would go away on its own too, so here's to waiting!

WLAB - I've been told that there should be no spillage with an IUI - the cervix closes when the tube/needle is removed so it's supposed to all stay 'up there'... in terms of 'feeling' spillage - it could just be CM that's been loosened by the procedure maybe?

Just quick from me - only a 12mm folly this morning - not looking too good for Thurs, which is my next appointment now, but the FS did say I seem to be a small popper - that is, my follies pop at around 18mm instead of the usual 20-22mm.. So maybe Fri or Sat. Last two IUIs have been on a Sat, will be funny if this one is too!

Default spillage

WLAB - I would not be too concerned. Just a shades said, there should be no spillage of the sample, as the cervix closes after the procedure and holds it in there. If you feel wetness, it is most likely due to where you are in your cycle (EWCM), which if anything, concludes that timing is spot on! On my 1st IUI, I got up straight after the procedure, went shopping etc, and that month we got a chem preg. This IUI however she left me to relax for 5-10 mins due to the cramping and general uncomfortableness that I was in.

I am wondering why your clinic has not ordered a prog test or day 21 test....can you request from them? The point of this test, checking progesterone, is to confirm that you have in fact ovulated, and that your prog levels are high. OP has some detailed notes on this topic in this thread if you would like to look back a few pages.

Shades- a 12mm follie is great. Better one big than than lots of little ones. 2mm growth a day means you are looking at fri/sat so not too far away now.

Shades - I agree with D - one fat follie is better than a heap of small ones, does your FS increase your Puregon if she wants to speed things up, in other cycles ? Do you have inj of Pregnyl, and if so, how can you poas in the tww - wont that show a fake +ive ?

Diamond - I dont know either, but I feel uncumfy ringing and asking for the BT forms, that's why I thought I might go to GP to ask, I tried looking back in threads - I couldnt see the post from op - I had two days of postitive LH Urine Test - maybe thats why ??

I also had a slight tinge of blood in the afternoon of IUI , like implantation spotting, I have had before in my past pg, but it couldnt be implantation b/c its too early, I hadnt even released an egg, if My AF arrived on the 9/11 - am I cycle day 17 - so I get the BT on cd 21- which is this sat the 29th ?

Sorry about the "me" post

WLAB - the bleeding is normal, it is from the procedure. I think it is from the spectulam (spelling/phrase not sure - the big needle thing) grazing the cervix on its way in. I had a small amount of this on my 2nd IUI. No need to worry unless there is more blood OK.

OP's notes are in this thread, a few pages back. I will try to find them now for you. I would suggest going through your clinic- they should be looking after your entire treatment as a whole! Calling them to ask the question cant hurt - all you can do is ask why is it not ordered or required? Can I ask which clinic are you going through?

Default Anatomy of a pregnancy

Girls,

It takes five days to establish a pregnancy. Doing any kind of testing in the five days after your IUI is a waste of time and money because the pregnancy doesn't technically exist.

Here's how it goes:

Ovulation - lets call it day 1 (because we all ovulate on different days): the guys go in and hopefully fertilise the egg. At that point it is a single cell.
    Day 2: Eggs divides into 2-4 cells within the nucleus
    Day 3: Divides into 4-8 cells
    Day 4: Divides into 8-16 cells
    Day 5: has divided into more than 100 cells - it's now called a blastocyst
    Day 6: hatching and looking to implant

During all this cell division the embryo has travelled down the fallopian tube to the uterus and is looking to burrow into the endometrium on day 5 to 6. You may get some spotting between days 21-28 of your cycle but not always.

So any bleeding you see on the day of IUI is usually caused by the cateter passing through the opening of the cervix. If you get anything from the speculum its more likely to be bruising.

Cheers,
    OP.

Default Day 21 Bloods

Dear All,

We've logged a prog result of 27 today. I commented that this was low and my FS said it is appropriate for a cycle where there was only one follicle.

Interesting, because last cycle we had two follicles and logged 48 on Day 21. The cycle where we had three follicles we logged a 77.

So the progesterone levels are connected to the number of follicles that produced a viable egg. Nice to know, eh?

We won't be doing any more monitoring for this cycle. And we're not having Pregnyl. So now we really wait and see.

:-)
    OP.

Quote Originally Posted by wouldloveabubba View Post
    Shades - I agree with D - one fat follie is better than a heap of small ones, does your FS increase your Puregon if she wants to speed things up, in other cycles ? Do you have inj of Pregnyl, and if so, how can you poas in the tww - wont that show a fake +ive ?
    Just another quick one from me - I'm off to karate in a minute - no my FS doesn't increase the Puregon... I'm only on 50iu anyway because my ovaries are just shy, not broken! They work when they're not being watched. And he only gave me a trigger for the first time last time - not the time before, not sure why. I POAS'd after at 11DPO I think and it was totally negative, so any HCG is metabolised by 10DPO for me. No HPTing before 10DPO though!

Shades - Hope Karate was good - a good way to de-stress

OP - Thanks for your info - and I found the Pg levels intersting as well, why no pregnyl for you this cycle ? day 22 for you today - getting closer

Diamond - Hope your feeling well - what day are you today

AFM : Just BD'ing to help things along - I feel very heavy in my uterus - and twingy little spasm's every now and then - that are quite noticible - so things are happening down there - dont know what though ....

Hi Everyone!!

OP - your prog results are certainly consistant with number of follies. As always you teach me new info - I have no idea the levels are dependant of no of follies. Good luck for remainder of TWW.

Shades - how are you going? Did you have b/t and scan today? I hope allwent well and you follie hasnt gone shy..

WLAB - when was your IUI again? Only a couple of days ago? The twinges etc might be hormornes left over from ovulation. You still might be in a fertile window so BDing is very good

AFM - Feeling very positive. Had my weekly acup and I feel very relaxed and balanced. Also had my Day 21 blood test and my prog levels are 102, which the nurse said is very good. Last month is was 64 so this is a big increase. I also found a new pair of jeans at Esprit, $99 marked down to $55!! Bargain!! The ttc stuff weighs me down sometimes, but today Im feeling positive...

Diamond - Im happy everything is going well, and you are feeling positive, good for you - and I love a bargain !!

My IUI was 3pm Monday - and after reading your post, I am having a day 21 - I have made up my mind ..

OP - is a wealth of knowledge - r u a nurse op ?

Default Return the jeans

Dearest Diamond!!!

Take those jeans back to the shop. I'm convinced you won't be able to wear them in a very short while. 102!!!!! I am totally excited for you!!!

Are they going to do a BT again in two days? If it's around 204 you are looking VERY good. You want it to double every day after that.

AFM: The clinic has written this cycle off. I have too. The symptoms I was feeling have turned out to be a virus that's been going round my office. It's clear I really need the FSH if I have any hope of getting across the line.

WLB - where are you based? Are you the country girl on here? I'm floored your clinic DOESN't do Day 21 bloods. How can they monitor what's going on without those results? At my clinic, a low Day 21 BT result is usually cause for a pregnyl shot, unless you're already on pregnyl for luteal support. Unless you're Diamond and you got a rockin' Prog result by yourself!!!

And no, I'm not a nurse - I am well studied and LTTTC. Our bookshelves are covered with books on fertility. Plus we ride the process every step of the way. My husband saw a new GP this week (can you believe our GP disappeared?) and he said he'd also been thru IVF and supported the Drive Your Own Treatment approach. He said if you don't, you just get processed.

Remember tho - don't use the information to beat yourself up. Use it to empower yourself.

Diamond, I think you just became the poster girl for Fertility supporting Accupuncture!

:-)
    P.

Original - You have given me the courage I need to call my FS from Melb IVF and ask why they are not doing a day 21 test -

I have the Pregnyl injections here at home ready to go on day 4 and 8 post IUI - maybe that is why FS hasn't requested the test, b/c I have the Pregnyl at home ???

Does that make a difference ?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast