Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Concieve with IUI #1

Paula, sorry to hear the wicked witch has shown her face. Glad you are continuing to go ahead with your blood test. When my Feb cycle didn't work, I knew about a week before the pg test was scheduled so nurses told me not to worry about coming in for the test... obviously it would have been neg. but I felt like I didn't really complete the cycle. All the steps that were supposed to be done, weren't done. Sounds a bit silly. Hopefully a talk with your FS will give you some guidance about what you want to do next... Such an emotional rollercoaster!

Nicole, I spoke to the nurse the other day about how many cycles of iui we do before progressing to the next step of ivf. (Not wanting to sound doubtful about my current cycle but I wanted an indication of "what happens if...") She told me they like to have 3 to 4 completed cycles before looking to referring us back to FS. I was kind of hoping she would say it was completely our choice when we were ready to move on... Has anyone else had the same talk with FS or nurse at their clinic?

Belinda, good luck tomorrow.. fingers are crossed for you.

Polly & Nicole, rest up! Only a few days to go...

Blood test this morning showed levels were high. In for U/S tomorrow. Hope we don't have too many follicles so iui can go ahead.

Hi Ladies,
    Paula: I'm so shattered, god hunny i really thought you had it in the bag. I am so sorry to hear that you are in pain and hurting emotionally at the moment i so wish i could give you a huge hug. Baby try and be strong and just love and nurture each other.
    Belinda:Yipee on not surging yourself. The ovidrel isnt that bad,certainly not if it does the job anyway. Congratulations on iui tommorow,will that be cd 15? Goodluck with it and i hope hubby produces nice high numbers for you.
    Nicole: the waiting is totally killing me. Booo to doing bas on a Sunday morning-that sounds like hardwork. I hope you got something special off hubby to make up for your hard work.Things have been very strange here;we have all swapped beds. My back has been playing up and i accidently fell asleep while i was reading in bed to my 11 year old during the week;well i had the best sleep of my life! I bounced out of bed in the morning and i dont do mornings ever. Let alone without coffee. Ever since me and df moved into the smaller double hard bed i have slept like a baby. My son thinks its SWEET because he now has the king bed and ensuite. I get tummy pains and i think oh god AF???? Please no. And pimples like Af,please no.... But she isnt due till the 11th. So i shouldnt have pains yet. I'm still painfully cheesy especially in the morning and that is very abnormal. But i put that down to getting great sleep. But if thats the case how come i fell asleep on the couch today at 1.30 till 4. I woke up so confused. Went and saw my sister today her belly is sooo round. She looks super cute. Only 5 weeks maximum till i'm an aunt. Today at my sisters she said i'll make you a coffee and i said no its ok have you got milo?She just looked at me weird. I said "WHAT" cheekily. She said "WELL". I said nothing to report.... I keep talking to my tummy(when i'm alone)-ok i'm not a psycho!!!! Just so hopefull and praying that there is a little baby growing in their who wants to stay and grow with us. I too am undecided whether to bother with iui again or go straight to icsi(which is more of a guarantee)-(not that ivf ever is). God we all want this so much. God Nicole hang in there. I came so close to testing this afternoon but quickly threw myself out of the bathroom. Maybe i should put the test in the bin to remove the temptation,but i'd only get another one from work tommorow so thats pointless.Maybe if i tell the girls to not let me buy it at work. Ohhhhhh
    Anyone heard how Kaydee is?

Hey Kaydee,
    Looks like i missed your post while i was typing mine. great to hear your coming along nicely. Iui shouldnt be far away. Grreat.
    Yes i have had the dreaded what if chat with my FS, he said it was really up to me because of my age. I will have done iui twice he said normally they would do 4 iui's but given my age he would be happy to do 3.Or less if i so wanted. I'm contemplating things alot at the moment. i'm doing all this privately and have no private insurance so it is a little costly. If i go as a public patient at the RWH in melbourne the ivf or icsi is pretty much free. I think you pay for your meds and ultrasounds?and anaesthitist but that the rest is bb under medicare. So might be out of pocket about 400. Down side is seeing a different fs every visit. Not sure that thats a bad thing as every doctor brings something different to the table. It sure would save me coming up with $3,500 then having to be reimbursed by medicare. The whole being put to sleep thing freaks me out as i have had a few
    surgeries and hate the sleep feeling. Also dreading the synarel-one of my colleauges at work used it before her epu cycle and she said it turned into a kamikaze biatch on wheels. So much to consider?

Great news Kaydee!! Good luck on your US tomorrow...
    Well Polly I think I'm going to be out before BT...Have had lower tummy pains today mainly on my left side...I think I'll be waking up tomorrow and AF will be there.
    I feel sick to my stomach... I want this so much...maybe that's half the problem.
    Still have a weird taste in my mouth for the past few days but am sure AF is nearly here.
    Anyway of to bed and that she will stay away.
    Sweet Deams All..

Hey Nicole,
    Just saw your post. I'm praying that that isnt the case with AF, and its just implantation pain. That could be more than possible. One little embie getting all warm and snugly in your lining. Nothing wrong with wishing. Af stay away from me and Nicole.In fact you stay away from everybody-OR ELSE. (do you think my threats will work?)

Thanks Polly, she hasn't showed up as yet....but can still feel something going on.
    As for your threats...you got me scared

It's the start of a new week, have a great day ladies.

Morning ladies

Kaydee best of luck with your U/S this morning.

Belinda best of luck with the IUI today, hope the TWW goes quick for you!

Polly i love reading your posts. Your hillarious. Not long for you now either. Hand in there and dont test! Let it be a suprise.

Nicole dont worry too much about the pains, most women get AF pains whens its due and even once they are pregnant they always feel uncomfortable around the time AF would be due. Hang in there and im sure you will be getting great news very very soon. You must be getting excited!

Well after a very emotional day yesterday DH and i have finally decided that we are moving onto IVF. We feel that we need to boost our chances and it is said that IVF more than doubles your chances compared to IUI so we are going for it. It took lots to convince DH because he doesnt like the whole idea of IVF. He has always hoped that it would have happened naturally. Hearing all this from him upset me even more yesterday. He didnt say it to upset me but i just felt guilty and bad for him. He understands that its not just my PCOS, its also his slightly lower than average motility and morphology so he doesnt blame me at all but i just felt like it was all my fault. But we talked lots last night and im feeling much better today.

This morning i had the blood test. The nurse told me i did the right thing by going in because they still like to check the hormone levels in case of a really late implantation. I mentioned to her that DH and i have decided to move onto IVF. They had pretty much told us it was our decision if we continue with IUI or move on. My FS was in at the time and he saw me straight away which i thought was nice of him. He explained the process and off we go! I start on the pill today and we go from there.

So i dont really belong in this thread anymore but im still going to hang around to hear everyone's wonderful news if thats ok?!

Hey Paula, great to hear that you and DH have a plan.
    I wish you all the very best success and glad you will still be hanging around....after all you are still a musketeer.

With IVF are they making you do any counselling or anything?

I, I fellow musketeer.. haha

No we arent doing counselling, i think you only do it if you ask for it.

Oh I thought that they made you do counselling.
    So what happens from here anyway, do you take the pill for a month and then start meds?

Hi Girls,

Firstly Paula, sorry to hear that it did end up a BFN. I am so glad you have got straight back into things with the IVF cycle. PLease make sure you visit us here often, we would love to hear about your progress.

Nicole..you hold on babe!! The cramping could mean anything, our bodies are just a mystery. I have actually had some cramping in the past 24hrs which I am assuming is ovulation pain. First time for eveything! I am just doing a mantra for you

Polly and Kaydee, hope you are both well. Any news yet Kaydee on a day for the IUI?

Well, my iui was a bit of a drama this morning. As the speculum was inserted and opened it scratched me. So as the nurse was trying to get catheter in there was to much blood for her to see properly. So out comes the first speculum and in goes a second, then a wad of swabs were needed to wipe away the blood. Then she another go at it and was successful. So here I am again, in the TWW.

Yes i start the pill today then on the 20th April i introduce the Synarel nasal spray twice a day. I stop the pill on the 27th April but continue with the Synarel and i should get my period a few days later. Then its pretty much like the IUI cycle in the sense that i ring the clinic on the first day of my period, organise to pick up the meds and take the injections from CD5 etc. My FS basically said that the only differences with IUI and IVF is the Synarel spray and the egg collection.

Belinda, this cycle has not been the best for you mate....but just think with all
    the crap that you have endured...how great the story to your BFP will be.
    Hope you are not in too much pain .....did you have to go to work today or are you sitting back and relaxing with your feet in the air.

Hi girls... Paula, so sorry to hear about AF arriving. It is great to hear that you are able to start straight away on the IVF. Sounds like you are doing a down regulation cycle like what I am scheduled to do. I should be getting AF sometime this week and then starting on the pill then the sniffing etc. So we may end up doing our first IVF cycle quite close together! So bring on AF for me, and make sure that wicked witch stays away from all the lovelies in this thread.

Janie xxx

Hi girls... Paula, so sorry to hear about AF arriving. It is great to hear that you are able to start straight away on the IVF. Sounds like you are doing a down regulation cycle like what I am scheduled to do. I should be getting AF sometime this week and then starting on the pill then the sniffing etc. So we may end up doing our first IVF cycle quite close together! So bring on AF for me, and make sure that wicked witch stays away from all the lovelies in this thread.

Janie xxx

Belinda i agree with Nicole, just think about the BFP that is waiting around the corner for you. Best of luck!!

Janie that would be great to have a cycle buddy. Hope your AF turns up soon so we can be close in our cycle and who knows, even get our BFP together.

Good Evening Ladies,
    Paula i do hope that you and janie do go through this at exactly the same time. It would be nice to have a caring and sharing buddy. Can i ask either of you ;especially Janie as she is in melbourne but what is the upfront fee for the ivf?I was under the impression its about 3000 dollars. Ouch. One of my girlfriends at work is also doing ivf and has had to use the synarel spray. God how i empathise with you girls having to use this dastardly thing. Yet there is the possibilty i will find myself in the exact same situation next month. although i'm still praying that that isnt the case.
    Nicole:I have thought of you a lot today and wondering how you are feeling?I still am not sure how i'm feeling.-I know that sounds totally bizarre. Still no good with the coffee. But i did find out why i got the tuna idea. i have started to take anothe new supplement and bingo it has tuna oil in it. so i'm not crazy. I'm so happy at the moment,still sleeping well once i get to sleep but so much tossing and turning before hand.
    Belinda:I can't believe they got you with the speculum. Crikey. Did it hurt much or was it more of an ouch?Isnt that going to put you out of dtd action? Geez i hope not. That would be disastrous. i imagine you will be a busy girl over the next few days and hubby will be loving it.Enjoy!
    Kaydee:
    When is your iui? How was the ultrasound?

Hey Polly, still no sign of AF.....so maybe she listened to you
    No feeling today that she might show up which is weird, checked my diary tonight and she is due on Sunday....however on this day last cycle I did start to spot so I hope nothing happens tonight.
    Had a good think today and decided that one more IUI is worth a shot if this one ends up in a BFN.
    Glad to hear you worked out the tuna thing but coffee still sounds very promising....

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast