Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Concieve with IUI #1

Hey Polly, I'm sorry that you too are feeling like AF is on her way.
    Makes you think that with all of us who have done this type of treatment once and now twice the end result has all be the same. Sorry to sound so negative but I would have thought that for one of us a BFP would be the result of an IUI.
    For me AF has turned up this morning not really bad but am sure it will get worse. No pains which is weird, just getting a little darker...I feel like having a sickie today and seeing if I can make an appointment for my blood test anytime today.
    As for feeling shallow, your aloud to be. What we are going through is not a walk in the park. I forgive myself for feeling resentment towards any PG women or anyone I hear who falls PG by falling over.
    When you want something so bad your emotions take over and there is no way of stopping that.

Nicole and Polly
    I'm so sorry things aren't looking good for this month. I was only thinking to myself Monday as I was driving to the clinic just how many women get pg with IUI. This is the debate I think all of us are having in our heads (iui again vs ivf).
    As for feeling resentment, I think if we didn't feel it we wouldn't be human. My 21 yo sister in law made an announcement on the weekend and before I even knew what she had to say I told DH if she was pg I would knock her teeth out!!(she isn't) Dh thought that was a little uncalled for, and I know it wasn't a nice thing to say, but I am so sick of everyone else getting there before me! So I guess feeling resentment is just a natural part of what we are all going through.
    I'm praying that both of you hold on this cycle and the BFP is only days away!
    Love to you both

Hey Ladies, I took a sickie today and went for my blood test this morning....I told the nurse I had spotted and she said that could mean nothing.
    Speaking of this morning Belinda were you on Old Windsor Road near Cumberland Hwy around 8.50am? I just thought I saw you?
    Polly how you going today?

Hey Ladies,
    Firstly let me say a very big thankyou to all of you for your validation and understanding. It's nice to not feel alone.
    As for me. I still have feelings like my period is coming. My boobs are sore so thats another confirmation. But i still cant drink my much needed coffee. Feeling a little embarrassed this morning as i was meant to be up and out by 8 and my sister woke me up at 11. I worked 11 hours last night and i guess it got the better of me. Just the same i feel very angry as people were counting on me this morning and i have let them down. My best friend has just called in tears as the hospital has told her she has gestational diabetes so i'm going to drive her in to pick up her blood glucose machine. And i'm off to the other hospital at the moment to take my sister to see her midwife. I'm surrounded by pregnancy. God i feel sick. i want to spew. I wish that i knew what my body was doing.I love you girls all so much please know how much i appreciate all your help and support.

Hey Nicole, did they tell you when they were going to ring? How exciting!!

Hey ladies, I'm out
    Got a call a little while ago and it was as I guessed a BFN.
    Even though I started to spot I was trying to stay hopeful.
    DH was home from a job early so he was here when the clinic rang and gave lots of hugs and said not to worry it will happen.
    As much as I know that is true it's more not knowing when it will.
    Still have my FS appointment on Monday afternoon to discuss options and the nurse said that if I wanted to start another IUI they can start me on Monday.
    So at this stage I am still spotting no gush or pains as yet so if she arrives tomorrow Monday will be day 5.
    Am in two minds to do another IUI or start IVF. DH said to give IUI another third time lucky shot so I guess we will have a chat on Monday and decide then.
    Anyway betta fly....have a massive headache from some tears shed

Hi Nicole
    I am so, so sorry to hear your news :hugs: It is just so unfair! I'm glad DH was home to comfort you when the call came through.
    Take the next few days to have a think about your options and remember that your fellow muskateers are here to support you through this

Nicole,
    Baby i'm so sorry to hear your news. I was also thinking "oh well"from my own perspective but thinking that one of us would get the perfect result. There is still hope for Belinda. BB know that you have our full support. I'm sure Af is ready to hammer the door down because I have a slamming migraine;but no show as yet.Not looking foward to it either. Will keep you all posted and i'll be not far away as i keep an eye on my fellow muskateers.

Good moring ladies, after a good night sleep AF is here.... she is not painful but she is still a B***h!!
    Thank you for all your support...you guys are the best,

Hey Nicole

Sorry to hear your news. Hope your decision making is easy on Monday. Its always hard trying to decide what to do! Good luck with your new cycle.

Hi everyone... sorry I've been MIA for a few days.

Nicole, so sorry to hear this cycle didn't work. It's hard to stay strong. Hope your appt on Mon gives you a fresh start - whatever you decide.

Polly, my fingers are still crossed for you. Hoping you are feeling ok.

BB - how are you feeling? When is your blood test scheduled for?

Iui went ahead with no worries on Tues. I had a reaction to the trigger injection. A really tender red lump about the size of a 50c piece formed about 2cm below injection point about an hour after I had the needle. Spoke to the nurse on the day of the iui and she said to next time (fingers crossed there won't be a "next time") to have the trigger injection in my butt with a bigger needle!! Sounds like a real treat!! The lump has only just started to go back to normal. I'm such a wuss! Other than that, fingers are now crossed until blood test on April 25.

Hi Girls

Polly, good luck for tomorrow.Stay well away from Polly!

Nicole, how are you feeling? I'm glad you had a good sleep last night.

Kaydee, don't you just love those trigger injections. I have never had a reaction to one, but they bloody well hurt! Heres to passing the TWW with me! My bloods are scheduled for 23rd April, so we are only a few days apart in the cycle. Do you have to go back next week for the progesterone blood test? I don't have to this cycle as my levels have been good.

I had my first pregnyl injection this evening, and the stupid thing would not stop bleeding. And it is still as painful as I remember! Kaydee, are you having to have the pregnyl injections every third day?

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday, I am off to the footy tomorrow night - GO THE EELS!!!! Talk Soon
    Belinda xx

Hey Ladies, It's Friday...yeah!!
    Polly, how you going? Hope you get that BFP today.
    Belinda, Good luck with the footy.... bugger on the Pregnyl injection...I guess we will never have a fear of needles..
    Paula, how you going love?
    Kaydee, Glad to hear your IUI went well... sorry to hear that the trigger gave you some problems...the things we have to do...but it will be worth it!!

As for me, I am feeling really low today...my head is buzzing with thoughts on what to do next. But am glad that we will be seeing the FS on Monday.
    When the first cycle didn't work I felt so strong to start another one, but this time I just feel so sorry for myself I wish I could just kick myself up the butt and snap out of it.
    Sorry for doom and gloom...

Hope you all have a great weekend

Pooollllyyyyy, where are youuuuu!!! I'm trying to concentrate on work but I keep thinking about you and the BFP you are going to get!!!

Nicole...no need to kick yourself for feeling so down . I had one of those days last week. I know it will be a hard decision to make on Monday, but you will know the right thing to do when the time comes to make that decision. I have heard about so many people who have gone straight to IVF and have fallen first go, so I often wonder if I just make that jump if this cycle isn't successful, but then I think I should give the IUI one more go...god why does it have to be so hard!!!

Kaydee...hope you are doing well. This TWW is ok for the first few days then you want to strangle someone because you are so anxious! I'm a very impatient person by nature, so this absolutely kills me!

Will check in later to see if Polly has some great news for us!!!

Hey Belinda, well I have been reading allot of sucess stories from IUI.
    Some women give it 4 even 7 times, I don't think I would try 7 times...but I think it would be silly not to try at least one more time.

Polly, where r u...

Hey my wonderful muskateers;Rest assured your Polly is right here

So there was a reason by tummy hurt,my boobs ached and my coffee tasted like tuna

I am pregnant. Up the duff. I/we did it.

My ivf nurse rang me at work. Everyone at work was waiting for the phone to ring. When i got off the phone everyone at work was saying...Well? I said/yelled "I'm pregnant" My boss said OMG;i'm losing another staff member-time to check out our water. So the girlfriend that i work with the one that got her bfp this week is wrapt she hugged me and kissed me and we will be due in the same week. I still can't believe it. But i know it is so true I hit a parked car tonight. Not much damage,but looks like pregnancy brain is here already. I go for another Bt on monday to check my levels are rising nicely. so girls stay positive. IUi does really work. i guess the 100 million did the job.!

OMG Polly, that is great news!! Gives me great hope to think that IUI can work.
    You must be thrilled!!
    I am soo happy for you!!
    What were your levels today?
    Sending you lots and lots of

Polly, Polly, Polly - YAY!!! A big congratulations. What an awesome way to start the weekend.

Belinda, no prog. test for me either this time. They were happy enough to just skip it. I'm not having pregnyl injections. What are they for?

to Paula & Nicole. Hope you girls are doing ok.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast