Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ December 2006 #3

Thanks for all of your wake up Kate's ovaries vibes girls. I hope they are listening. I have been out shopping all afternoon with my sister and I am pooped. I got a couple of nice tops for myself though so I am happy (as well as a couple of last minute Christmas pressies) Ooh and you know how I thought the clinic where I have my blood tests were closed on boxing day well the Dr called and said that the blood collection part is open for 2hr so I can still have my blood test on Tue.

BW- Have a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous time away. Happy reading. I was thinking about getting that Swimming upstream book so let me know what it is like. Glad to hear that your acupuncture appointment went well

Hi to all my other special ladies.

Still lurking and reading... DH is out doing some audio work (at $25/hour, you can't knock it back), left at 7:30 this morning and won't be back until about 1am...

I've promised the girls in the 6+ months thread a book review as well, so hopefully my mother will give me enough peace to read it (and everything else!) and I'll be able to come back and tell you all about it!

I suppose I should think about eating dinner that's not chocolate at some stage... being very naughty with no DH around!

BW

wow - so much can happen in a couple of days when you don't turn the computer on!

thanks so much to all of you for welcoming me the other day - it's nice to have somebody to share some of this stuff with - i have some friends that are being really supportive, but because they're not going through all of this stuff, i guess its hard for them to understand

Congrats on the BFP Chel - it's awesome to see people who've struggled that are actually lucky enough to have positive results - gives me confidence that everything we're going through at the moment is going to result in something good at the end

i guess this forum is going to be pretty quiet over the next few days - i'm not going anywhere, but probably won't be on here too much - my brothers family moved back to vic this week after living in WA for the past 15 months. it's been nothing short of chaotic - and looks to get worse - they're "moving in" for what was supposed to be only christmas eve, but was told last night that "it might be a week or two" - wow! Not what i was expecting at all - DH has spent all day today trying to organise extra bedrooms for my brother and SIL and the three kids! oh well, at least all the over-compensating i've been doing this christmas will come in handy (i have a very decorated house - i figure if we can't have a baby ourselves for christmas, we may as well have nicely deco'd house to cheer us up) - and there will be kids here for christmas morning!

well, i guess i should stop rambling (i find once i start typing i can't seem to stop ) - hope you all have a great festive season - and look forward to talking to soon

Default Thanks

Just wantedto say thank you soooo much for welcoming me into this forum! Sorry for no personals-still trying to get my head around who's who etc!!
    With the holidays, will be popping in/out too.

AF showed her ugly head today for me, 3d early-LP this cycle of 11d (post seeing 18mm follie and high LH!!)....which fits with the low progesterone I guess. So going to start Clomid 100 tomorrow-need to try and rearrange my D12 USS now though!!May end up being an 'unmonitored cycle at this rate'!!!

Well, happy holidays to everyone, and hears hoping for lots of BFP's
    Milly B xx

Hi ladies, Wow it is getting very quiet in here. I guess we are all really busy with Christmas. I prob won't be back here until Boxing day as we now have lots of family parties to go to starting tonight. I will still be having my bloods done on Boxing day so I will let you all know if your wake up kates ovaries vibes have been working.

So... I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Lets hope that Santa is nice to us all. But even more so that this time next year that we will all be celebrating Christmas with a little miracle of our own. Bring on 2007 I think it will be a good year for all of us.

Love and safe wishes to all over Christmas. Big kisses for all of you

ktgirl - Good Luck for Boxing Day, I hope the follies are brewing nicely. Have a great Christmas!

Milly - I'm with ya on the unmonitored cycle, couple of pages back I mentioned how I feel like a naughty kid without the scan! Happily go without that internal though! Good luck

briggsy's - sounds like it's all going on for you, plenty to keep you side tracked. Enjoy Christmas morning with the littlies!

P.S We have booked our IVF appts for the start of Feb

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

Hi Girls,
    God i'm missing all of you. I have purposely been mia;trying to keep my mind off the tww. that is driving me totally crazy. I'm also having blood taken on Wednesday to check my progesterone levels. I hope everyone has a wonderful christmas. We are off to midnight mass tonight with carols. I'm so looking foward to it. i find at this time of year i get really emotional with the power of this time of year. The birth of christ and the celebration of new life,it makes me so cherish my beautiful children. It will be sad this year though as mum is still in hospital in icu. The surgery went well for mum but was alot more complicated than any of us anticipated. The kids are missing her awfully and cried when we left the hospital last night as they didnt want to leave nana there,but they understand she has a long road to travel before she comes home. Have a wonderful christmas lovelies. each and everyone of you are in my thoughts and prayers for us to get our dream babies for christmas or in the new year. Congratulations to those who may be unwrapping a stick with two lines on christmas morning. God bless

Pauline

hey all, yes it is quiet.
    good luck with that blood test ktgirl, hope all the shouting at your ovaries has done the trick and they are wide awake!!!
    enjoy the chocolate BW, a dear friend has just walked in with the chocolate basket from heaven!! well he is DH best friend, and I just adore him, he is so kind and generous!! cant wait to get stuck into it...
    Thankyou Brigsys girl, sounds like you are going to be one busy girl over xmas!! house full, just what christmas is all about, dont you just love it(im from a family of 7 kids, so very used to it)
    So sorry to hear AF showed up for you Millyb, she is a very sad cow at the best of times!! best of luck with the 100, should get something going for you.Cross fingers for you.
    Smudge, fab news on the IVF start date, best of luck with your journey ahead, may it be short and VERY sweet!!
    Pollyanna, so sorry to hear about your dear mum, I pray that she will recover quick for you and your family..bless your sweet children... Yes I went to mass this morning, as its easier for the kiddies, I cheated really!! just so packed last year we were outside, and even tho I thought I was organised and early, it still wasnt early enough!
    My sister is flying out to perth for christmas, and has to make a few flights to get there, I will miss her terribly, as Im closest to her, and never had a christmas without her! so i sit here alittle glum, O well, she and her family will have a ball... im jealous.

well to any one I have missed, have a great christmas,eat and be very merry.
    Take care and be safe
    love

Ok so I officially give up. My estrogen has now shot through the roof so my Dr is now thinking that we may have produced too many follies and she thinks that I am close to ovulating. I think I am as well because I had watery CM today but the Dr doesn't want us to BD as if there is to many follies there we would be risking having multiples. I wouldn't mind if it was twins but I don't want 6 babies at once so I can understand why she doesn't want us to BD. I just feel like now we have missed our opportunity this month and for us that is it as we have decided to take a break for a few months. So for this year I think it might be all over red rover. I have to go and see her tomorrow morning for a scan to see if how many follies there is but I think we might miss it :frown: This is just such a roller coaster one time my ovaries don't respond and now it seems like they have over produced Argh I feel like screaming. Sorry girls to rant on like this but just needed to get that out.

I hope you all had a good Christmas.

Hi all,
    Well i'm the christmas season. However still missing my mum but she is recovering well.Chelle i hope the christmas without your sister isnt too much of a killer. it must be wonderful to be so close to her,that you miss her so awfully.Just the same i hope youve found enough distractions. Thankyou so much for your kind thoughts and prayers they must be working and i hope you are having a wonderful christmas.

Ktgirl;
    I am so sorry to hear of you having such an awful time with everyhting. it is so damn unfair. I hope your body gets its act together soon and stops over or under reacting. if only our bodies would just do what they are told.ggggrrrrrr. i do hope though that you were able to put your recent diappointments behind you and have a wonderful christmas. Wishing you all the very best.

Pauline

HI all

hope your christmas was absolutely fabulous. Mine was pretty good. Had all of my family here, which was great fun, but also a little difficult - had a couple of moments where i just wanted to be by myself and they just didn't seem to get it - i love my brother and his family, but having the kids over christmas morning made it hit home even more how much we are missing having our own baby. Ended up trying to disappear for a while, but couldn't escape - have never been so happy to say goodbye to my rello's so that DH and I could just have some quiet time to ourselves! felt a little selfish, but just couldn't face it all much longer...

ktgirl, so sorry your test didn't go so well this morning. was thinking of you this morning, so popped in to see how things went for you - hopefully the scan tomorrow will bring happier results for you.

chelle. hope christmas without your sister wasn't too hard - i understand how you feel. i only have one brother and have never had a christmas without him and his family around - he was supposed to be over west for christmas this year, but the family all decided we couldn't be apart so pitched in together to get his family back home - don't know how i would have survived without them here!

Pollyanna, glad to see your mum is doing ok. Hopefully it won't take too long for her to make her recovery. Good luck with your blood test on Wednesday

i'm currently in waiting mode - i live a couple of hours out of the city, so have to attend a clinic about an hour or so from home - they're closed until January 17th, so for now i'm just kicking back waiting i guess. trying not to think about things too much - am on day 28 of latest cycle on chlomid 150 - trying to decide whether to do HPT or just wait - so scared of getting yet another BFN that i'm avoiding the inevitable i guess. FS pretty much said he didn't think it would work seeing my hormone levels are so off kilter, but i guess if i do the test and it comes back negative, i know where i'm at - for now i'm still living with a little hope (denial and i have become very good friends through this whole TTC thing!) which we all need at this time of year.

Thanks Pollyanna I am glad to hear that you had a good Christmas and that your Mum is recovering well. I am sending prayers her way.

Briggsy's girl thanks for checking up on me, and don't feel selfish for wanting some quiet time with your DH we all get that way. Do you know what day you O on? Sometimes it is hard to resist doing a HPT isn't it? It is a bit hard to know what to do. Do you know how long your normal LP is?

I am having such mixed feelings about all of this. My heart is telling me that there are eggs there and I should be trying to fertilise them but my brain is saying no you don't want to have like 4 babies at once!!! What is hard is that for the eight months that we have been doing fertility treatment we haven't once achieved a PG but it will be just my luck that if we did try they would all fertilise and we would have too many and it is just too big of a health risk. I wish tomorrow morning would just hurry up and get here. I keep getting pains so I think I am ovulating but who knows I might just be imagining things

Well, survived Christmas Day with a few tears with DH, as we should have had a 3w old bubs now. But, got thru', and it helped going to friends house who don't have children, or even plan to, for Xmas BBQ!! Started my 100 Clomid, but AF was sooooo light this time after first clomid 50 cycle-anybody else had that? Hope it's the clomid and not my endometrium rescarring.
    Ktgirl-bummer on the oestrogen levels.Do you know what they were? My Ob said oestrogen should be about 1000 per follicle as a rough guide. Hope the scan tomorrow shows 2 wonderful follies-don't give up yet!At least it looks like you ovaries are awakened!!!
    Briggsy's girl-I totally know what u mean about not wanting BFN!i'd rather see AF! But....fingers crossed it's a BFP

Millyb- Big hugs for you sweetheart I am sure your angel was with you on Christmas day watching over you but glad that you were able to have a good time at your firends place.

My Dr told me that they were around 9000 so going by your gyns recommendation that would mean that there was 9 follies. Argh I guess we won't be naughty and try anyway. We will soon see if that is fairly accurate.

hmmm, ktgirl, i can see why you're trying to behave - going on the 1000 per follicle theory, you could end up with a massive brood!! better to play it safe for another day and see how the scan comes up tomorrow - good luck!

as for me, i've never in my life had a normal cycle in my life - 2 weeks, 10 months - my body won't give me any hints as to what is normal for me! even taking clomid i've not had anything close to a normal cycle - 50 mg and back to the doc - had to trigger AF again. 100 mg and 8 weeks later, AF had to be triggered again. 150mg this time, and i'm not sure what's going to happen. had some pretty ordinary pains around my right ovary last week (would have been about day 22, but can't say for sure - have been flat out!) - maybe that was me ovulating, but who knows? i've not really been tracking cycles or anything - i'm a bit of a control freak, and tracking my cycle and not getting the results i should be would just make it a lot worse. as much as possible i'm only tracking cycle length in my diary to tell FS - and even that is hard - i just wish i had a normal (sorry, regular is a better word) cycle - at least then i'd know what's going on with my body!

Milly B - so sorry you had a sad christmas - i can completely understand how you felt. we should have had a 4 month old. i tried to keep my tears private, but my SIL is also one of my best friends and she brought me undone - i was keeping it together really well until she came into my bedroom - she wrapped her arms around me, and i just burst into tears. she's been on the other side of the country for over a year, so i've been keeping in touch with her via messenger and things - so i could keep things together alright- when it got too much, i just changed the topic - not something you can really do face to face! christmas day was the first time i'd really let my guard down with anyone other than DH since i'd been diagnosed with the PCOS - timing huh?

Well no luck for me again today girls Had some pain over night so was pretty sure that I was ovulating. Went for my scan and there is way too many follies. There was around 10 just in my right ovary alone. It is funny how last week there was nothing and then all of a sudden bang they start working. So this cycle has been cancelled now and we are officially on a TTC break for 4 months. I need to give my body a break from all of the drugs and I need to give my mind and spirit a break as I am emotionally drained at the moment. I think when we get back from our break we will go straight into IVF. So I have 4 months to prepare myself for that and also save up a bit more money. Had a few tears this morning as I feel really disappointed in myself I know I shouldn’t but that is just the way I am feeling at the moment.

Anyway I hope you are all having a good day. I will be back again soon to do some personals.

Kate - I'm so sorry that this cycle didn't go as planned and that you have to have a 4mth break. *hugs*

I hate being told we have to have a break, it's so disappointing and I dwell on it, even when I know it's the best thing for my body - because it's not what I want to hear. I had a dream last night that I went back to my FS at the end of my break in March and he said - you'll have to have a few tests etc and depending on the results you can maybe start TTC again in September.

KTGIRL - so sorry to hear you didn't get the results you were looking for this morning. Have been flicking into the forum to check up on you all day. Maybe the break for TTC might do you good (although i'm sure it doesn't feel that way to you at the moment - i know i'd struggle with it...). at least you have a plan of attack for after your break - hopefully you'll get positive results from the IVF.

take care ktgirl, sending you lots of hugs:hugs:

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast