Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ December 06

Hi there Mako,
    My doctor said be b'ding on dec 14,16,18,20. He said that should work.lol. He is a character though because he said dont bother shagging on any other days its just a waste of time. I was thinking i wonder what my dp would think of being told that. Sorry hun your needs really arent relevant i need to get some quality sleep and i cant have my time wasted. Tic toc.Baby cooking!What a crack up.My birthday is the 14 th. I'll be 36(booohooo).So looking foward to tracking this month with you as we go through the ups and downs together. its so lovely to have someone at exactly the same place and same time. A few weeks ago I had a lap buddy(she knows who she is). We were both having repeat laparoscopies and were both incredibly nervous. but we got through. P.S In regards to the pcos i knew all of the above and did you girls know that girls with pcos are more likely to have macrosomic babies. Over4000grams(i think). My gestational diabetes pregnancy resulted in a 4275gr bay at 36 weeks. I do not have pcos like i thought but when you read all these things on the net its easy to self diagnose (as i have
    done incorrectly). Anyway i also took my first clomid today. i think i dont have side effects(god that sounds funny). Maybe i'm a little dizzy.Otherwise all ok. Hope you are well and have had a nice day.

Pauline

Pollyanna, are the macrocosmic babies a result of the gestational diabetes, or something else?

The outlook with PCOS is quite bleak in some ways... can't ovulate so can't conceive, if you do manage to fluke that, then you're likely to lose it... beat that one and then you're dealing with GD and giving birth to a monster baby! I've also heard that there's an increased risk of preterm labour and difficulies breast feeding, but I'm not sure how true those last two are. I wonder what the stats on all these things actually are... is it all doom and gloom, or is it like the risk of multiple births with clomid, which I've been quoted as only 8%?

BW

Hey guys

KTgirl...so sorry to hear AF showed up...but like Mako...I have a real good feeling of what is to come for you...fingers crossed...

Mako...how you doing? I'm so hoping the M+C combo is going to be perfect.

Flowerchild...have you had your scan?

BW...1 day to go!!! YAYAYAY!!!

Everyone else...hope you are doing well...

Take care

Hi Monnie, I'm doing ok. Thanks for asking. I too hope this combination of M & C does the trick for me.
    How are you and that little bean doing??? I hope you are both well. Have you been and had b/t yet?? If so how did everything go???

Pollyanna Wouldn't it be great if we both turnned up a bfp together and the we could be belly buddies.( Ohhh how nice to think these thoughts ssshhh don't tell anyone that I'm dreaming again). They do say dreams can come true though don't they?? Your fs sounds like a real character. I could just imagine the look your dp would have on his face if you said those things to him It's not long now till its your b'day.I hope you are going to do something really nice. Have a great night.

Wow there is so much information to take in in here at the moment. So over whelming. Oh well I guess we can never know too much:eek:

Butterfly,
    I will do some research for you and I will try and translate it into more readable language (if I can - some of it goes over my head too but I can usually work it out :wink.
    Try to remember that you have an increased risk of miscarriage but when you are all medicated up your chances are quite decreased... Try to see it that way!
    Monnie - tomorrow is the follie scan - thanks for asking and remembering you sweet woman! I will pop in tomorrow and let you all know how I fared!
    Pollyanna - I get minimal sideeffects on clomid. Didn't even get cranky this month!!! I do get a bit dizzy though - but I am blonde!!! No reallyI do get dizzy but they are all just little things. My first round of clomid I got really achy and crampy that was 50mgs. This cycle I am on 100mgs and I had much less cramping. So really less symptoms on 100 than on 50. What the???

Okay I must finish off spagetti bolognese and brush some hair (not in that order!0

Deb, thanks for explaining that - I'd often wondered if it were more that the majority of women taking clomid had pcos, rather than the actual drug itself causing the problem. Makes a lot of sense.

Pcos is probably the one thing I don't have so I am grateful for that. But I still lost my baby and I still can't fall prg so we are all in the same miserable boat really! Let's all jump ship NOW! LOL!

A special hello to my lap buddy!

Oh also, my TWW is officially over. POAS this morning and surprise, surprise - BFN! :eek: NO! You don't say?! hehehe. Makes it easier when you know it aint gonna happen I suppose. 10dpo today so hopefully still a few days before AF arrives. If nothing else I'd like to keep my cycles regular until we start IVF.

Thanks, Deb. I really do appreciate anything you can dig up for me.

Willow, 10DPO can still be a bit too early for a test to show positive... but I do know what you mean - sometimes it's just so hard to believe it will ever happen.

Mako, I'm in a weird mood where looking at all the things I've got going against me is making me laugh, in some weird and twisted way. The situation really isn't as bad as it seems sometimes, and I really hope I haven't put too much of a downer on things. I just feel odd right now.

And I mean really odd! The weird "I'm in so much trouble!" feeling has turned into a barely controlled anxiety attack. I don't know what's triggered it, but I really don't feel good right now - like I need to run away from something, but the stuff I want to run away from is inside me so there's no escape. I hope this will pass soon!

BW

BW, thanks for the sentiment but with both of my previous pregnancies I got a bfp at 9dpo so it's not early for me. If I were prg it'd be showing up by now. But really, I am OK with this one.

Honey, I'm sure things are never going to turn out to be as bad for you as what you are imagining! I'm really looking forward to you seeing your new FS next week because I am sure he will tell you you are gonna be just fine and with a bit of help, you'll be a mummy one day very soon.

Have a glass of wine or soak in the bath or do something that helps to relax you. I know it sounds cliche but sometimes you just need to stop and breathe or this stuff can overwhelm you.

to all the gorgous ladies here, sorry I have been hiding my misery in TWW. Plus it seems all too hard at work...

Anyway, its only my day 17, 4dpo (feels like ages) well obviously nothing happens. That's me for the day, a bit boring.

Willow, sorry to hear its a bfp, but I hope your prediction is wrong, sometimes our body can play some tricks on us...here is hoping for you sweetie

Flowerchild, how is your scan going? Hope all is well

Mako, hope your interview went ok and short listed. How is clomid & Metorfin combo treating you?

Butterfly, have you been to your appointment yet? Sorry I sort of lost track on time a bit...

Ktgirl, I am so glad you are staying here, keep us posted and looking forward to hearing the good news...it can't be too far away..

Polly, glad you didn't any side effect on taking clomid, is this your first cycle? Is your doc going to minitor it? I am on my first cycle, the b/t makes me a bit light in the head, but apart from that all ok so far...trying not to counting the days IYKWIM You must be a Capricorn or an Aquarius, I have an early Feb birthday (Aquarius) and will be the same beautiful age as you are...we are just blossoming...

Monnie, I am missing you. Hope you are doing well and had your first scan....

Deb - I had less symptoms on 100mg than 50mg too. It is weird but sooooo much better than the cramping pains. Good luck tomorrow. I look forward to hearing how those eggs are growing

to all you beautiful ladies.

emmydee Guest

Default hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Well, Willow like you, I'm 10 dpo today, and took a test this morning and it was... a bfn. Of course, it was. Last week, I was sure this was it, but now, my hopes are going down and down for this cycle, and I'm feeling pretty depressed about it. I don't know if I have it in me to start another round of clomid, and do the process all over again.

And I have to go out with my newly preggo friend this weekend. I wish I could cancel, but that would be so obvious! That's awful of me to say...

Anyway, good luck to all you ladies. Hoping we get some BFPs on this list soon!!!!

Flowerchild I wish you all the best for your scan today. I hope you see lovely follies in there.

emmydee I know how hard it is when our friends or rello's are preg. You need to deal with this the best way you know how to hun. I think if I were you I'd have a talk to friend and explain that you are not avoiding her and are very happy for her about this preg but you are also sad because of your own situation (If that makes sense). I hope you have a lovely time with your friend sweet. The ttc journey can feel like it will never end at times but I'm sure you will get a bfp very soon. Keep your chin up hun

Willow Sorry about the bfn sweet. I feel that your bfp isn't too far away. I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Pollyanna How's the clomid treating you hun? I hope this is our month!!!

BeiBei Good luck to you sweet for this cycle. I hope a bfp is only days away for you.

BW I hope you are feeling a bit better this morning. Today is the last day of work for you this year WOOHOO. Bring on the holidays sweety. I hope you are doing some nice things for yourself during this time.

Hello to all.

emmydee Guest

BW, I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed. I totally get the same way -- depression, anxiety. Anyway, it sounds like you're doing everything possible already, being proactive, and taking care of things. You'll see your FS next week. That's all you can do. So, if you can, in the meantime, try to get your mind off things. I find that the
    best way is to keep really busy, running errands, hanging out with other people, etc. Or like Willow says, drink a glass of wine, and pamper yourself...

You know know, when your baby comes, he/she is going to be a really wanted and loved baby!

emmydee Guest

Thanks Mako! That made me feel better...

Hello everyone!

Just popping in to spread heaps of babydust around here to some much loved girlies.

Flowerchild: Hope your scan goes very well today

I'll be looking forward to hearing good news about the follie scan, Deb.

While today is being counted as the last day in the countdown, I've still got to be at work on Monday and Tuesday next week for a few other bits and pieces... Those days are nice - time to clean your desk and pack up, play games with your colleagues, Christmas parties without being interrupted by kids.

I'm feeling much, much better today. I think what had happened is that I was feeling all stuffy and congested, which was restricting my breathing... which makes me feel like I'm having a panic attack because of the way I'm breathing. It sounds completely and utterly stupid, but I've had it a couple of times before. Although, once you realise that it's just the way you are breathing, you can distract yourself and not focus on it and it very soon passes.

Emmydee, I hope the outing with your friend goes well. One thing I've learnt is that it's always much better to be open and honest with friends and family about what you are feeling, rather than bottling it up inside. Sometimes people don't realise how hard it is on us, but it's so much easier for them to support you if they know how you feel.

BW

Morning ladies. Wow I went out for the night last night and you girls have been so busy in here so much new info to read this morning. I saw the new 007 movie last night very good I would recommend to anyone who likes a good action flick.

Mako- Hi sweet girl. That is a bit weird that the Met hits you every second night. Ahh what we have to endure to get our babies.

Monnie- When do you go for a scan to see your little bub. I guess it might be a couple of weeks away??

Pollyanna- Good luck with your Clomid. Hope it does the trick for you.

BW- Woo hoo the last day of school. How exciting!!!

Willow- Sorry to hear about the bfn. Just hang in there gorgeous you will get your BFP soon.

Emmydee- It may just be too early just hang in there for a few more days. I know that it hard because I have just crumbled under the pressure of the TWW last week and tested early but you still have a few more days to show a possible +HPT.

BeiBei- Hope the TWW starts to go a little faster for you. Try and keep yourself busy it sometimes works!!!

Flowerchild- Good luck today with your scan. Can't wait to hear about those gorgeous follies.

Sorry if I have missed anyone.

Well for me AF has hit with full force today. Can't wait until Sunday to start my new drugs to see if they can bring me a new years baby. DH and I have been discussing this TTC thing and have decided that if I don't fall this month that we are going to have a break from it all for a few months. This is for a couple of reasons. The biggest is that I am bridesmaid for my SIL next Nov and I don't want to be a couple of weeks of giving birth with the fear that I will drop at her wedding and the increased risk of multiples on these injections I would go early if I was having twins anyway and that worries me(not having twins I would love twins but the going early thing). I really want to be there for her on her big day because she is really special to me and I don't want to miss it for anything. Another is I think it will be good to give my body and my mind a rest from all of this. I need to lose the 10 odd kg I have put on since my own wedding (I know that is terrible) so I guess if we don't fall this month I will use that time to look after my body and spirit for a few months in rediness to try again.

Sorry ladies I am rambling. Anyway I really should be getting ready for work. Hope you are all having a good morning Grouphug for us all!!!

Thanks gorgeous ones for all of your *big fat follie vibes*!!!! BFFV!!!!
    Special thanks to Danni for popping in.
    I will come back later for some personals. It's a biggy today so it wont' be until this afternoon.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast