Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ November 2006

Deb - I am out here. Clomid seems to be working fine for me. No side affects at all. No loss of CM, headaches, nausea, irritableness or anything. Not having a scan (folli) but using OPKs still. "O" day should be in a day or so (CD12 today) and all signs point to that. But ovulating hasn't been my problem as you know so will be getting a BT around CD21 to see if the Clomid has made a difference to my prog levels. I was like you and usually "O"d on CD17 or 18. This past year I have only done that once and the rest have been Cd14 or so with one CD21. Would feel better to "O" on CD17/18 but of course it doesn't really matter providing my LP is good (always used to be exactly 14 days). Will be happy if I get a 14 day LP no matter when I "O" or even happier to not have one at all!!!
    Love to you and your family,
    Debbie

So good to see you around again. Yes, I am the same as you. I ovulate fine it's the progesterone/luteal phase that was my concern too.
    I am sending all I can to you for this month!!!
    Love to you Debbie

Deb - thank you for telling Eggberts story. So glad you had someone with you for your scan. I am thinking of writing a book to do with M/C, Stillbirth, neonatal loss etc. Not a medical book. Would be honoured if I could include you. Don't worry, I wouldn't do anything without your written permission (or anyone elses). Will talk more at a later date so don't worry about it at the moment.
    Thanks for thinking of me.
    Hugs to you,
    Debbie

I had my blood taken this afternoon... for some stupid reason, they say the results won't be in until Thursday afternoon, but I think I'll try tomorrow anyway. It feels like such a long wait for a progesterone level!

Still feeling sick, probably even sicker than before - pretty much lost my voice today... hard teaching when all you can do is squeak at the kids!

Deb, lots more hugs for you here I feel so angry with the world for doing this to you yet again, but I'm also very sure that you will get through all of this and have another baby in the not too distant future.

BW

Hi Shellshell,

I ovulated on about CD12 last cycle on Clomid, whereas off Clomid I was Cd17 or 18, so it really brought it on early for me, maybe too early. I'm off it as I hated it and the side effects - urgh!!!!! It is a great drug for some people, just not for everyone. My cycle lengths weren't any longer and I was on 50mg. I had a good CD21 progesterone result of 57.2 as well. so it made my O a good one.

Good luck everyone and to BW for your test results

Feeling a little better today... ironically, I'm off work again because I have no voice! Job applications and resume updates are on the agenda for today! :P

Knowing that I could breathe properly last night, rather than through my mouth gives me a nice high temperature for today, so also feeling a little more confident about my blood test results.

Hope everyone else is feeling well.

BW

Hey BW glad to see that you are feeling a bit better about your blood test results and that you got the nice high temp today. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope you get your voice back soon.

As for me I am just waiting at the moment I hate this TWW. I still have a few days to go and just praying that the temp stays up this month

Lots of for all of us.

Deb - I am around. Just feeling a little scared and vulnerable after the u/s. Yes - there was a heartbeat but there was also a subchorionic haematoma which is a little scary (even if it is quite common). No bleeding, which is good. Some cramping, particularly going up stairs, which may be normal. Clexane has been withheld for the moment. That is a worry. I just don't want to take any chances either way though without consulting someone. Appointment with OB is on Monday so everything is going ok and *alf* is continuing to grow. I just want a simple, uncomplicated pregnancy ..... is that too much to ask???

I hope I haven't offended anyone. I know I should be grateful for BEING pregnant after trying for so long but I know I will have close monitoring later. I just wanted to have an uncomplicated beginning and would welcome nausea etc but I don't feel I have any continuing hints that I am pregnant (although sore (.)(.) should be a dead giveaway )

Your concern and worry is understandable and certainly not offensive. In some ways I think it's extremely helpful to be reminded that the journey isn't over when you see those two magic pink lines, but there's quite a lot more hurdles to get over before the end.

I'm praying that once you see your OB on Monday that it will be all smooth sailing from there.

BW

Thanks BW - have you got your voice back yet??? When are you calling about your results???

No, not much of a voice at all so I'm at home again today. The pathology collector said the results would be in on Thursday lunch time, but I might try this afternoon anyway. Feeling fairly happy and confident about today's temp rise, too. Confident of getting a good prog. level anyway, not holding out any thoughts at all that I might be pregnant.

BW

Woo hoo for ovulation though!!!! It worked. No voice can be a good thing - you feel ok but just can't talk!!!

Michelle,
    I understand. It is a worry right from the start this journey... I wish I could say something wonderful but I can't. I just know you have to put one foot in front of the other. That is hard...
    I am thinking of you often, and I understand that vulnerable feeling. I am sending you lots of love and hugs...

Butterfly, I would surely phone this afternoon. Those results should be back by now. I am hoping for a nice number for you! :hugs:

Debbie: Thankyou for your lovely message. I too want to write a book one day! When I get the time and when I have researched more! We are alike you and I...

Hi

Butterfly Warrior I hope you are feeling better and you get your voice back soon. I hope you get the results you want from your blood test today. I always have to wait about 2 days to get my results from blood tests too.It really seems too long but I don't think we have much choice but to wait.

Michelle71 How are you? I'm sending you a great big .Just remember to take one day at a time and know that I'm thinking of you.

Hi to everyone else.

As for me not much is happening, just waiting to have b/t next week. I don't know if I have o'd yet or if it is just around the corner. I'm on cd17 so have been bding lots lately. I had a couple of really emotional days this week as it was my 2nd angels edd on Tuesday.

Anyway hope you all have a good day.

Michelle,
    A study was done in 2004 I think it was. Women with intrauterine haematoma were followed through their pregnancy. The group of women with haematoma had no worse outcome then the women with out.

I hope you can take a little comfort from this. If I can lay my hands on it I will scan it and send it to you...

I hope you are feeling better my sweet. Love to you... :hugs:

Off work again today - feeling better, but not quite better enough.

I've done a bit of work on a job application and updating my resume (blergh!), but I've got to leave it for now. Knowing I can call some time today for my prog level is freaking me out! Temp drop today, so I'm positively terrified that it's going to be bad news, and that's getting all the anxiety coming out again.

BW

bw: please dont stew over this! please call now

Hey Bw,
    Have you called yet?We want to hear that those levels are high?

Pauline

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast