Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NT Scan - Not good

Unhappy NT Scan - Not good

I had my NT Scan yesterday - firstly i didnt really expect to see a little person in there, but there it was!!! Chilling out with its arm behind its head, little legs crossed. Didnt want to move much, until i called out "WRIGGLE!!" and it did a little bumpy flow thing. We were so elated!

For the first time this whole pregnancy i thought everything was ok! for about half an hour....

Then they called us back in for the Genectics Counsellor to tell us - the results weren't very good. For my age, the risk for dwons shoudl be no more than 1 in 865. My results came back at 208.

This i did not expect at all. Not at all.

They gave us the options of do nothing, CVS or amnio.

After a walk, and lots of tears, i gave in and said we would come back for the amnio. I mean, everything inside me is telling me that they are WRONG. And realistically, thats a .5% chance that there is something wrong. Probability wise, these are damn good odds and i dont want to do further tests. But my partner does, and we are in this togeter, so i say we will do it.

Just as we are about to leave the docs says he wants to speak to us. In a very gentle way, he tells me the worst thing for them to see is to let someone walk out of there so upset. Its better to put yor mind at ease. After a long discussion, and after he tells us that he does surgery at such a level of fetal open heart surgery, I trust him and feel comfortable. If anyone is in sydney i highly recommend Sydney Ultrasound for women in they city.

We go and have the CVS.

My tummy still hurts now, apparently cos i was so tense. We opted to pay the extra money and to have the results roughly within 24 hours, so hopefully this will be back by 4:30 today.

I took today off work, i work in complaints and i just know that someone would have called me woth some absolute petty crap and i would have gone off at them. Not to mention i cant stop crying.

Oh dear, what a ramble. Sorry to anyone who is reading. Was just nice to get it out.

Oh and on top of this - we told DF's parents on SUnday bout the bub, oh they were so lovely to our face. Then yesterday his mother calls to tell him off for not using rubbers! (amongst other things) He is a 31 year old man for F%^$# sake! Needless to day i dont want anything to do with them anymore

hoping for good results for you today

sorry you Mil is like that

I'm sure the results will be FINE, ok, just fine.

Your MIL can talk a long walk off a short pier...

Oh hon you poor thing!!!! I know its hard, but try not to focus on something that may or may not be accurate ok? Until you know the final results, please try to relax for your little bubba's sake.
    Take it easy, and I have all fingers and toes crossed here for you that everything is going to be ok. I'm sure it is, because YOU feel that there is nothing wrong. That beats any test in my book.
    And to your future MIL - pffft.... get lost ya dumb mole....
    (see I can be supportive!! )
    Let us know how you go

Hi kitt3n just think there is a 207 in 208 chance that everything is just fine. Having the test done so soon must have been hard but at least you won't have to wait too long to find out everything is GOOD. Sending you for today, I hope time goes quickly for you and its 4:30pm before you know it. As for your MIL grrr what is wrong with the woman.

Hey, hugs to you. I know how you feel, with dd mine was 1:19, its a hard thing to go through and you dont need his mother ringing up with that crap.
    Good luck with your results today and remember if you have 208 babies, there is a chance that 1 of these babies will have a genetic problem....

All the best

Love Melissa

Fingers crossed Kitt3n.

I see the same office but in Windsor. They are a nice bunch.

Kitten, how stressful for you without adding stupid cow MIL into the mix!! You did the right thing by not going to work today. Try to relax and do things that you enjoy and will make the day go faster.

I'm sure your results will be ok and it is still a very small chance that something is wrong. Please let us know when you get the results back.

Kitt3n all the best for the results

MIL's hey

I'm sure it will be fine, fingers crossed for you today. You must be beside yourself waiting. Stay busy, BB ALL day!

wont start on your MIL, but OMG how RUDE! As if it is ANY of her business anyway. cow.

Good luck with your results today Try and relax today as much as you can. You don't need to be stressing yourself and bub out at this crucial stage.
    And gggrrrrrrrrr at your MIL!! Ignore her!

Kitt3n honey, hugest hugest hugest hugs.

I will be thinking and praying for you and your bubba and hoping by 4:30pm you will have a GREAT answer.

I'm happy to hire out Lulu2 and myself as "MIL Bouncers" and we'll go and have a "chat" with your MIL... silly mooooo that she is.

Hugs.

Oh hun, I'm sure things will be fine.. thinking of you and sending you a whole heap of

I second Raven's comments re- MILs

Oh Kitt3n - I'm so sorry that you have to go through this - I really, really, really hope that your results come back all clear - you're in my thoughts

awwww hunni! how stressful and upsetting for you. I have a great feeling everything is going to be just fine!! are u going to find out the sex from the test aswell? take care xooxox

Kitt3n thinking of you today. I hope your results come back all clear.

thankyou all of you!

just so exhausted, emotionally drained. I dont know if i should go and pick up DD from school at the end of the day or just let her go to afterschool care and wait for the call. I will feel terribl if its bad news and o breakdown with her here, DF wont be home till 7....

holly - if the test is ok i will ask what the sex is - all i want is a healthy bub so if they tell me its healthy i guess there's no harm in knowing!

oh and divvy , lulu - ha! you are on. i cant believe ow two faced a person can be.
    Last edited by Kitt3n; May 27th, 2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: thanks to divvy's offer

thinking of you today, I hope all the tests results come back clear

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast