Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Clomid

Hi Nicole

Well that's great news about the cyst, I bet you were really happy about that? Pity they weren't able to give you an idea about the "o" situation, that must be frustrating. I totally understand your confusion because it can get really hard to grasp at times, it's strange because so many people don't have to worry about all of this stuff we have to go through & learn & it can get really annoying when we have to take sooooo many things into consideration! I think sometimes it's easier to concentrate on just taking the clomid when the doctor tells us & then trying on the days they recommend & that's all because I think sometimes we over analyse things too much & put too much emphasis on them & we should be keeping it simple. I think I had a hard time not focussing on all the science when I first went through with all this but found that when I let go of all that as my doctor recommended then things were much easier. Hope it all works out for you guys Nicole, keep us up to date?

coops Guest

Default Steeper WHiis

Hi Nicole

that is fantastic news that your cyst has gone

Nicole you are doing really well lets hope this good news and also good luck continues for you you better get busy in trying

Kell... how did you go with the scans?????? How are you going?????

Well i bought a thermometer over the weekend.... you guys will laugh the only one i could get and that was available was a Mickey Mouse thermometer i asked the chemist and he said that it would still do the same job as a normal ovulation one. My hubby looked at me then looked at the thermometer and started laughing then he realised what it was for and seemed really happy.

I started charting my temprature since Sunday and so far it has remained the same it goes up by .1 but then comes back down again.

Well guys i look forward to hearing how you guys are going???

Hugs and best wishes

Hey Coops

Godd to hear from you, I had to laugh when you mentioned your Mickey Mouse thermometer, hehe oh well as long as it does the job huh? What day of your cycle are you on now coops? Yes my scan on Monday went great, I was so relieved. I must say though that it was the best day of my life so far, it was incredible so everything you guys are going through is definately worth it in the end that's for sure. It's quite incredible what you get to see that early, but it's very clear & looks like a little baby already, they show you the heartbeat & you get to hear it & that was 167 beats per minute & they show you the brain, the heart, the hands & feet & all the bones & kidneys etc & at times it feels very surreal, im still pinching myself! I won't bore you guys any further, im just rambling now, hehe. Let me know how you are going?

Default Newbie

Hello all! I have had a great time reading your posts this morning. I have been reading posts for some time with all the internet searches I have been doing, but I have been hesitant to join one because I don't want to become completely engrossed in this process, and I don't want to become obsessive. However, after reading through these posts I feel like this would be a good one to join just for the support from others!! So, here is my story:

I am 25 and have been TTC since July. I went off the pill then (after 10 years of being on it!), and my husband and I just decided to see how things progressed. No AF for the first three months off the pill so my Dr prescribed provera. This did induce periods; however, she didn't think I was ovulating still, so we decided to try Clomid.

I finished my first round of 100mg of Clomid on April 3 (horrible hot flashes that I'm still getting, and I would cry at the drop of a hat with both the provera and clomid!), and am now waiting. I have been doing temp charting and also attempting to keep track of my CM. Right now I am on CD11. I was told, and have read, that most women ovulate 5-9 days after the last clomid pill; however, I am wondering if it's possible to ovulate earlier. I took an OPK on Saturday and it was +. I got so excited, but then realized that the Clomid was likely having an effect. I did some research and found that I shouldn't start OPK until Monday. I took one yesterday and it was + again. Also, on both Sunday and Monday I noticed my CM was VERY MUCH like an eggwhite. This might be TMI, but when I went to the restroom I noticed that it was clear and stretched all the way to the water in the toilet!!

My temps are usually around 97.5-97.7F, but yesterday it dipped to 96.8, then this morning back up to 97.7. So I am thinking I ovulated yesterday (CD10), but is it possible to ovulate that quickly after clomid? That would be 3 days after the last dose...

I go to my doctor on Thursday for an ultrasound, and will be interested to see what she has to say. My husband and I have BDed everyday since Saturday, and I cannot help but get my hopes up that I am ovulating, and that I will be a lucky one and fall preg on the first round....this is stressful, and I'm trying to not let it consume, and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Hi Stejen

Firstly welcome to our thread, hopefully you can get as much out of this as I did as it really does make it easier to deal with once you start talking to people who have shared the same experiences as you. Well it certainly sounds like you have ovulated to me, that's soooo exciting as has taken a long time for most of us in this thread to get that far. All the signs are there that's for sure & all of that happened for me when it finally worked so id say you definately have, with the drop in temp & then the rise & the egg white "cm", it looks very promising. Have you been charting your temperature still since then because that will probably tell you if you have "o" too as it should stay higher until the day before or the day of your period if you have, that is if you aren't pregnant, in which case it would stay high past then? What day did the doctor ask you to start taking the clomid because that may make a difference to when you "O" & also it may have something to do with the dose they gave you as it's quite high for your first round so maybe it's really stimulated your ovaries more than a lower does would, hence why it's earlier because a lot of people start on 50mg a day. I would stress too much over it though, you should be wrapt that it worked because that is a great sign & mention it to your doctor as they may have a better answer for you. I have a very good feeling though that you guys are well on your way & that clomid may be just the push you guys need, like it was for me. I fell pregnant on my 4th round of clomid after almost 18 month "TTC" & now im 13 weeks & 4 days along, so hopefully the same happens for you. We will keep our fingers & toes crossed for you & send out lots of good thoughts & let us know how you go?

Smile Can I join, please?

Hi!
    I've visited this site about a million times, and I finally decided to join after spending a few hoursreading this great forum thread! I never imagined there were so many people out there on the "clomid journey" as my Hubby and I call it...

Here's our family building story so far;
    Miscarraige in early 03, then no periods for 15 months. Was referred for fertility help in late 04 and started clomid (and promulat) in March 05. After 9 cycles (our last cycle before IVF, thank goodness), we got pregnant with Bouncing baby boy Xavier, born Sep 06.
    Started trying for #2 July 08 and still no bubs, so we begin the whole saga again! Am more savvy this time with my body and cycle, so hopefully will find success a little quicker...but I'll just be glad to get there eventually.

It's been very inspiring reading about all of your wonderful stories, and I can only hope that we are ALL blessed with the pitter patter of a new set of tiny feet.

So, if you'll have me, I hope I can share your stories,

Becnxavi

Default Hutter for

Kell - Thank you for such a nice reply. I did the clomid days 3-7, and I didn't know until I started reading these forums that most people start on 50mg. I suppose my Dr just decided to skip that step...she didn't say, and I didn't question.

I have been charting my temperatures and here is what's happening:
    Monday 96.8 (dropped from the usual 97.5-97.7)
    Tuesday 97.7
    Wednesday 97.5
    Thursday 97.5

I do have to say that I'm not very good at taking it at the same time every morning so it's usually somewhere between 7 and 8:30am. I haven't noticed anymore CM and my OPKs were - both Tuesday and Wednesday....

So I go to the Dr. this afternoon for an Ultrasound, and I will definitely update you all on how it goes...

Bec - I am more new to this than you are since you've been through the process before...hopefully I'll find out some sort of valuable feedback for you!!

Default Virginia Turcotte

Well I just got home from the Dr. this afternoon and my first U/S. I think it went well and they said something about one really large follicle. My Dr. seems to think that I will ovulate in the next few days because my largest follicle was 17mm which apparently means I should ovulate soon...anyway I guess I just wait and see at this point....

My husband and I will have to continue to try for the next few days to be sure that I hit my ovulation time. My Dr. said to wait until day 32, and if no AF then test, and if AF appears to call her and let her know...so now I'm in the waiting game....today is day 13, day 32 seems years away!!! But at least it looks like I'm on the right track to ovulate!!

Default Promolut?

Has anyone else taken Primolut to induce period? How long after you stopped taking them does period arrive? Took 2 tablets every day for 5 days, and it's been 3 days since I took the last one, I can't remember how long it took last time to work. Am anxious to start Clomid!

Hope some one can help me,
    becnxavi

nicole85 Guest

Hey guys

Well i had a blood test on thursday and am very anxious to get the results . I think i "O" as i had quite a few signs eg egg white "cm". I have been pretty tired the past few weeks i am not sure why has anyone else been tired while taking clomid?? i am not sure if the symptoms last the whole cycle or just the 5 days you take it ??? Ah abit confused. i should be due my period around th 18th/april so we will just have to see what happens fingers crossed.

welcome to all the newbies my fingers are crossed for all of you

oxoxo nic

Hi Nicole

Ooh how exciting, I have a very good feeling about all this for you & usually when your gut reaction tells you it's worked then it usually has so I really hope you have success! So when do you get the results back from your blood test, please let us know how you go? As for the tiredness on clomid, im not sure about anyone else but I was extremely tired on clomid & afterwards, actually more so after I stopped taking it. Im not sure why but it's probably due to all the extra progesterone in the blood because when you don't get periods you don't have high levels of progesterone or ovulate usually so the tiredness is probably a great sign that you have "O" this time around because I wasn't really tired on my first few rounds of clomid but definately was on the last & it worked! Sending you out lots of babydust.

Quote Originally Posted by Stejen View Post
    Well I just got home from the Dr. this afternoon and my first U/S. I think it went well and they said something about one really large follicle. My Dr. seems to think that I will ovulate in the next few days because my largest follicle was 17mm which apparently means I should ovulate soon...anyway I guess I just wait and see at this point....

My husband and I will have to continue to try for the next few days to be sure that I hit my ovulation time. My Dr. said to wait until day 32, and if no AF then test, and if AF appears to call her and let her know...so now I'm in the waiting game....today is day 13, day 32 seems years away!!! But at least it looks like I'm on the right track to ovulate!!

Well that sounds quite exciting that things seem to be happening for you Stejen, have you noticed a temp difference over the last few days seeing as though they said you have a folicle ready to drop? I think it's a great start too knowing that at least you are producing egg folicles because that's one step out of the way, now you have to wait until it drops! I know what you mean about waiting until day 32, it seems agonising doesn't it & I think that's the worst part of this whole process is all the waiting around you will do but believe me if it comes back that you have "O" then the wait will fade into insignificance & it's all worth it in the end! Let us know how you go, wishing you all the luck in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by becnxavi View Post
    Has anyone else taken Primolut to induce period? How long after you stopped taking them does period arrive? Took 2 tablets every day for 5 days, and it's been 3 days since I took the last one, I can't remember how long it took last time to work. Am anxious to start Clomid!

Hope some one can help me,
    becnxavi
    Welcome Becnxavi, I hope we can all help to make this journey a little easier for you? I can't say i've even taken primolut to bring a period on, I was always on provera to do that & that would bring it on about 4 days after I finished taking the weeks worth of tablets so im not sure if primolut works in the same way? If you don't mind me asking what dose of clomid do they have you on & on what day did they ask you to start? Please keep us up to date on your progress & we will all have our fingers & toes crossed for you?

Default Thanks

Thank Kell77,
    The good news is AF arrived today, so I'm officially Day 1 of my first cycle in 16 months! To answer your question, I'm on 50mg clomid from day 5-9, so bring on Saturday! Will have U/S next week to see whether it's worked or up the dose to 100mg. I'm feeling very positive at the moment, but we'll see if that lasts!
    Spreading to you all,
    becnxavi

nicole85 Guest

Default Maybe next month

Hey guys

called the dr today to get my blood results and unfortunatly didnt "o" which i am so suprised about as i was so sure i did but i guess blood never lies hey . So heres hope next month is my month.

I bought a thermometer today so i am going to try tracking my temp this month and see how i go.

Hey Bec my fingers are crossed for you ....

nic

Hi Nicole

Im so sorry Nic, i must say though that you have a great attitude towards it all & just remember that I was on clomid for at least 4 rounds before it worked for me & in that same round I fell pregnant so you certainly have lots more chances. I think taking your temp will be a good thing, I found that it gave me great indication of what was going on & was very obvious to see on the chart when I had ovulated, as long as you don't analyse it too much. Have they increased your dose of clomid this round?

Thanks Nic. I was thinking about tracking my temp too, maybe that will help. Anything that works, hey? Bummer about your BT, but don't lose hope, it will happen. Sometimes I think the stress is the worst thing for trying to get UTD, but it's hard to not stress.
    Fingers crossed for next month,
    Becnxavi

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

Morning everyone,
    This is my 2nd cycle on clomid (I think hahaha) and I had a great big juicy Follie last week so clomid does eventually work.
    I had the IUI done last Thursday so I'm officially 6 DPO (Dont worry about what my ticker sez its broken lol)
    I have been feeling really odd the last couple of days.
    I rang our fertility centre and told them that I still have ferns on my maybe baby and the nurse said oooohhhhh in a really good way. have to wait until next Thursday to see I spose.
    Now this may be TMI but I have really stringy but gunky mucas which is a light greeny colour like boogie when you have a throat infection. grose I know sorry hahahahaha
    Has anyone else had this as this is my first time ever and it is kinda grosing me out.
    Hopefully its the begining of my mucus plug forming but I really have no idea when or what that looks like hahahaha.
    At least its made me laugh
    Also I still have ferns on my maybe baby and I ovualated over a week ago.
    Felt really ill after lunch yesterday and I have felt off for the last 2 days (just not with it, my other half will talk to me and I have to say pardon like 3 times before it actually sinks in) That is not like me. Also come 3.30 I need a nana nap, totally knackered.

Well talk soon and G'day to the crew will post individuals later on when I get home, just thought I would share how I am feeling with everyone, please feel free to comment

XX
    B

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast