Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tubal Reversals #14

Default Tubal Reversals #14

Here is a thread where you can chat with others about TTC after a tubal reversal... The old thread can be found here

I haven't posted in a while, hope you all remember me.

I agree about the 6 months thing,it seems we have all made the decision after a traumatic pregnancy or birth. I have writing daily to the health minister to re-instate the reversal to the medicare list, as it was the Liberal government thinking it was best to remove it along with over things such as dental!

We are at a cross roads right now hubby changes his mind so often about another that it is stressing me out, I don't want to resent him for not having another baby with me and I don't want him to resent me for pressuring him. I can see his point that he is worried about my health, but he can't see mine that I have been stable for over a year now.

Having to wait till May to find out from my neuro-surgeon is killing me, but IVF is looking like an unlikely option due to taking the pill before starting as I am unable to do that due to contradictions to my other medical issues. My heart is thinking that if we go down the reversal path and if I fall pregnant it is meant to be and if I don't fall pregnant then fate didn't deal me that hand. This is something that I am going to have to look into because like many others I just don't have that sort of money sitting around to pay, but I can fly to Melbourne, go there often to see an eye doctor.

Oh I hate waiting. Good news is that it is march now and I only have to wait till May the 12th. I will make sure I pop in more often.

hi didles. welcome back :-) I know all about the pill thing with IVF, as i can't take the pill because of DVT's. you can't take the pill because of the estrogen if you have had a DVT because it will cause another blood clot. I wanted to make sure that when i do start my IVF that i didn't have to take the pill. When i spoke with Westmead about this in a phone conference with my GP he was the one who brought it up. They said there are other alternatives that i can take, but it might mean that my process takes a little longer thats all. I said i don't care because at the end of the day i will be having it done. I agree with bringing it back to the public system. Heck they quite happily do the TL at a public hosptial without a care or thought in the world, but when a woman wants it reversed due to a lifestyle change or medical reason or whatever reason that is personal to her, they won;t even look at you and if you do find a dr that will listen, he then turns around and makes you feel like a 2nd class person because you want to have the reversal. Cheers kiya

Didles & Kiya im pretty sure Ray cant take the pill either so when she started they did a different cycle for her. Flare cycle i think its called

yeah that sounds familiar what they said. Everything is still the same except for the pill taking part.

ray Guest

hi ladies,
    i can't take the pill because of my blood condition, but i am with the flare cycle. I have spoken to my haematologist and doctor and they said because it's for 22 days and only for one month i will be fine.
    I can't do down regulation because my lining want go thin enough. A flare cycle is take the pill for 22 days wait for a bleed then on the 2nd day take the injection for 10 days then 2 days later egg retrieval. It's shorter then a down regulation cycle and safer for me.
    Ladies is better if you can take it, i tried twice with out the pill and they could not get control of my cycle. I'm taking aspirin when i start the pill again i't keeps the blood from clotting so i can take the pill.
    Hi em, how you going?

ray
    Last edited by ray; March 9th, 2008 at 10:32 AM. Reason: forgot something

Ray, i wish it was that easy, but sadly it is not. In my case i can't take the pill because within hours i have a clot forming. As it is i am having to go back on clexane while i do my IVF because #1 i have to avoid a blood clot and #2 my endeometriosis. I'm not even allowed to take aspirin because there is a chemical in aspirin that makes me clot up. I'm now starting to consider giving up on the whole thing and living with what i've got already. Kiya

ray Guest

hi kiya,
    I get clots too, i have had 15 in the last 6 years.
    You can do a flare cycle without the pill, if anything the flare cycle is better then down regulation cycle it's a lot quicker. Thats weird that aspirin clots you up, it's supposed to thin the bleed.
    Have you had any clots why you were pregnant?.
    Do not give up! i have had so many set backs but thats not stopping me.

ray

I can't take the pill as it increase my intracranial pressure and puts un-due pressure on my already non functioning shunt. For me the pill makes too much spinal fluid and it affects my eye sight to the point where I have none. Thats why the reversal is better in a way. But at this stage I am looking at going to Melbourne for it or wait till January when my waiting period is up for health cover and see what part they will chip in for I was told that some things they assess on a case by case basis.

Hubby has changed again and at the moment I am ready to kill him! Now he is like we will wait and see what she says, he is trying not to get my hopes up as we don't know how the pregnancy will go with my shunt so that is another factor that weighs into things. I have got to the point that if the neuro-surgeon says nope I don't think it will be in your best interests health wise well I have to accept that and move on as I don't want to make the little eyesight I have left worse, but it will be hard to just give up. I think seeing or brand new neice yesterday helped so I will be dragging him to see her more often, she is only 2 days old and beautiful I couldn't put her down!

ray Guest

hi ladies
    isn't the pill the biggest pain in the butt? I got pregnant twice on the mini pill, hence having tubes tied because there is nothing out there for me to go on. Thats why we are doing ivf so they don't have to take the clamps off.
    If we did the reversal it meant that i had to have surgery, which is bad in the first place for me then after a baby had to have surgery again to place more on(fun fun fun).
    Didlesdines if you do the surgery, what contraception will you go on if can't take pill?

ray

None, maybe a non hormone IUD, but really none, we thought that hubby could take over that bit and hope for the best.

This condition for me is fairly new, both my boys were concieved with birth control first with pill second with depo, my daughter was a broken condom. I have put my kids down to fate, that I was supposed to have them.

ray Guest

hi didlesdines,
    i had a iud as soon it was in i was sick everyday with headaches and sickness, i had it for 1 year and couldn't stand it anymore had it taken out.
    I have known about my condition for about 7 years. My dad was the carrier but he never got clots, my sister has it, i have it and i passed it on to my oldest son. It's called factor v leiden mutation, my sister and i just don't get it from my dad we have it from my mum side as well. My pa on my mum side died from a clot in the brain and his mother died from a clot in the heart. The doctor say my son should not get a clot why he's young.

ray

didles, hi. i think you were meant to have them too... hope that your neuro says its fine to go ahead with ivf...
    kiya, i am so excited about you doing ivf, we can follow your journey...
    mrs jac, still hoping for you....
    karened, i had my tubes reversed the same as mumof5. i drove from sydney back to townsville 3 days after surgery. so key hole is the best option. also my sister had clips and they did the key hole surgery and she had a baby 9 months ago. so hope it works for you...
    em, well getting ready for the trip... leave on the 25th... i am really excitied now. cause it will be a nice holiday for us. dh is ok with the mum thing.. (sort of)..my mum has helped us out so he was ok...atm... i will be back before you have the bub and will expect pikkies... ok. i am supposed to be having the hsg this week so it will be very interesting to see what that dr watson says and he performs the hsg.. the other dr was never interested... this year is a lot harder at uni too...
    mummy25, its good that you have chosen your path... i hope you ivf goes well

Hi everyone...
    Ivf is the opion for me too as I dont want another baby but i do want the clips removed, they are annoying me (I can feel them and i am starting to get worried that either one has come off or something is wrong with my left tube as it is very painfull)...
    I know i am not pregnant so i cant have an eptopic to cause the pain.
    I just cant wait to be rid of these clamps....
    getting nervous about IVF as I see the doctor in april....
    I'm determined so that will get me through.

Kiya-- dont give up on ivf you have to at least give it one try.
    mumof5 - where have you dissapeared too???
    luvchildren - Thankyou and i wish you the best with your Holiday...

Angry

Hey Ray good to hear from you again. Whats new down your neck of the woods???
    Oh no hubby goes soon. Bet your not looking forward to that!

Luv...Where are you off too? We are going to the Gold Coast for 2 weeks at Christmas. Im so looking forward to it and we are staying right on the beach in Surfers on the second floor tho. Cant take the kids up high or i'll freck out the hole time worrying they might fall out the window or something. I'll have to get someones mobile number so i can send a pic to there phone and an update while im in hospital. God i hope the HSG sheads some good news/

Mummy25... Im here been painting Robs brothers new house all day today. God it brang some awesome memories back of when i painted the first house i built with my ex husband. then we got home and Seth started spewing up everywhere.
    Bl00dy Robs cousin came over on friday night with his 8month old who had a gastro spewing bug. So im guessing Seth got it from them. God that pi$$es me off when people dont give a [email protected] about other people and there kids and they just go about spreading there germs around.
    Sorry for the vent Girls but im sure uve all been there. m angry cause there kid made him sick last week and we have just gotten him better again and we have gotten some sleep. And now we have to go thru it again. Hope the other 4 kids dont get it.

Hi all,

Thanks all for making me feel welcome

Just a quick one tonight.

Mumof5 - Im having my surgery done by Dr Cooper - I believe you also had it done by him.

Feeling pretty anxious about the up coming surgery, but I hope all goes well.
    Will let you know how things go. Will let you know.

Take care

ray Guest

hi em,
    new on my neck of the woods is, go to the royal women's next monday for our appointment and sperm sample . Sperm sample going to be interesting, we are using a condom but have to take it off before he start to ejaculate, then he does it in to a cup. Only because we are freezing his sperm.
    Then start the pill in april and retrieval in may
    Yeah he leaves in 2 weeks and 1 day gone for 17 weeks i'm going to miss him, so will the kids. But then we will be moving , i'm getting very nervous with everything.
    I'm the same i hate it when people bring there sick kids, all of mine get sick at the same time i just doesn't stick to one of them.
    How are you going?

ray

Harmonie..... Yes he did my op and he also did Luvchildren aswell. Good luck. When is your op again?

Ray...that will be interestingdont spill any. This pregnancey is just so i dont really know how to explain! You know the last 2 weeks well i feel like that already.
    I really cant stand it and i keep getting angry with myself. My feet and hands are ballooning and im very short of breath and just everything is to hard. And then there is being uncumfy on top of that and the pressure my god. Im so done really i am. I want it out and over and done with.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast