Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #2

YAY!! All the good things are happening at once!! First, Anneliese's sbr levels dropped by 78 (she was under the lights are the levels rose to 177, her cutoff was 170) by the next morning they were 99!! AND my dr (marcel, absolutely brilliant) gave her permission to go into an open cot, without the heated bit underneath!! Then yesterday, when i called, the nurse told me she has begun waking just before feed time - she is demanding, and could we feed her a bottle of ebm when youre not here? SURE!!! She's so close to home now, im so excited... its weigh day today, and she's grown into her 5x0 suits this week, so it'll be amazing to see what she weighs... last time she was 1840g...

belmarks Guest

Wow Simone, that's fantastic news, sounds like she's closer to coming home! YAY!!!

Hey girls, My name is Shell. My daughter was born at 26 weeks on the 23rd of Jan this year. She is now 9 weeks corrected and doing very well, has been home for 2 months. Look forward to chatting to all of you.
    Shell

welcome shell!! What a beautiful name, Emerald Sunee. Hope you find lots of help and support in here

welcome Shelly

tiggy Guest

Welcome Shell!!!
    Kitten, how are you???? How is your gorgeous one?

hi all,

sorry i havent been on for a while im up in syd for a weekand a half visiting fam and friends with nixon. its been great, tiring but catching up with everyone. we went to c my nan in the home today. nixon is her first GREAT grandson so got some pics, she didnt want a thing to do with him when we first got there but then once she was holding him didnt want to let him go!

Happy going home day Ronan! im thinking of you guys and how exciting going home day is! hope he settles well for you.

Simone, everything ive been reading you write sounds like how i felt with Nixon inm hosp. its so hard to leave ea day without them, and days you cannot get there or for long.

hows this, saw a gf last friday who is due 22nd aug. she got to c nixon for the first time, got a text yesterday and she had er baby at 32weeks, almost same size/length hc as nixon i just couldnt belive she's gone through the samne thing. They think she may have been 34weeks cause he is so well, breathing on his own and all!
    She told me hearing what i went through and seeing Nixon really helped her get through her labourm i was so touched to hear that, she knew from what i had told her what goes on and what size he may be etc.
    so she has the hosp jpurney now too, no doubt i'll be talking to her more ive told her to ring whenever she feels she needs to chat, we'll prob have a special bond.

anyway gotta run down the shops get some stuff for MIL and SIL tomorrow

hey girls, Anneliese was weighed 2 days ago... 1960g!! And its weigh day again tomorrow, she has to be over 2kg!! But i've had it to the eyeballs with some of the nurses, made my usual mid-morning call to see how bub was doing, and they a=said gretat, she's happily sleeping after having a bath. HER FIRST BATH, which i specifically requested on her sheet that i be there for. Now i missed it. I cried my eyes out. And last night i stayed in, wanted to be there for her 10.30pm feed, but at 9 i was so tired i told the nurse i was going home. She told me that she was too busy to bottle feed anneliese, she'll tube feed her. This nurse only has 3 babies to look after, all are on 3 hourly feed - one was at 9, next at 9.30, and my bubba at 10.30... then nothing til midnight!! What a lazy *****!! The other nurses thought so too, earlier in the night when she was doing nothing 'cept standing round talking, a nurse asked her to help by starting a feed, as she had a 2 hourly baby and a 3 hourly, and their feeds coincided. My nuirse said she was too busy to do that. What an idiot!! She's just an agency nurse from the Northern Hospital, but that doesnt give her any right to be such a self righteous b!tch!! Sorry to rant and rave, i think ive just had enough of the hospital, i cant wait to get her home. She's almost taking all of her feeds by bottle or breast now, a couple of feeds get finished by ngt occasionally. Fingers crossed, im hoping she'll be able to come home by sunday week, she'll be 35w by then...

Simone - I can't believe that they had her first bath without you there!! You must have been fuming! And to give Anneliese a tube feed when she is able to bottle feed is just plain lazy - they should not be allowed to do that. Gee I almost wish I was there so I could give that nurse a peice of my mind! I don't blame you for being fed up.

On the positive side though - her weight is great!

Hi everyone else!

belmarks Guest

Simone, is there someone higher up like a matron of the NICU that you can complain to? Because I would be. They treat you so poorly there, I got a rough deal with one of the nurses when Coby was in NICU, and I wished that I complained now......

Hey, the nurse was only an agency, and some of the other mums (and nurses i think!!) made a complaint, and she has been taken off the employment list. Cool! The nurse i had yesterday was great, i felt like i was her mummy for a little while. When it was feed time she asked how i wanted to feed her. I wanted to breastfeed. When i had finished that, she asked if i thought she needed a top-up, i said prolly 10-15 mls. She asked if i wanted it through the tube or in a bottle, i said bottle, so she asked if i wanted to prepare the bottle, or if i wanted her to do it. I asked her if she'd mind doing it. "Not at all," was her reply. Just stuff like that. And Later on when she heard us talking about that lazy nurse from hell, she said that they're our children, we should make the decisions. I thanked her. It put a smile back on my face. And even more so today when Anneliese weighed in at 2.072kg!! And the nurses waited for me and let me weigh her. First time!! And now she haas 2 bottles/breast feeds to every 1 gavage feed. Another step forward... not far to go now! Todays day 22, hoping she'll be home by day 30...

Simone- it sounds like Anneliese is doing really well!
    Sorry, not feeling up to talking that much DH is being a bastard!

Tiff - Maria is doing really well, I have to get her weighed next week, but on my scales at home she is 7.5kg cloth weight, which is about 400grams more than 3 weeks ago. She is getting 3 or 4 new teeth at the moment (not sure how many as she will bite if I put my finger in her mouth) so with the 4 she already has that will be plenty for a while. Panadol has been my friend and sleep has gone out the window for a while, but it is settling down. She is also going through a growth spurt. She fed every 2 hours last night and today has eaten a wheatbix with milk and 3 table spoons of stewed apple for breakfast followed by a mini fruit muffin + yoghurt and mashed banana for morning tea, followed by mini banana sandwiches and shreaded ham for lunch, followed by orange and kiwi fruit for afternoon tea and lastly a pureed vegi + tomato soup and pasta combo for tea and a fair bit of my pumpkin soup as well. This as well as the normal breasfeeds is just amasing for Maria. I expect her to start growing out of her 00 clothes soon at this rate.

We got Maria's professional pictures back today. They are great, if anyone in Sydney wants a great photographer email me and I can give you her details.

Hey everyone, got some awesome news... Anneliese's ngt is out!!! She pulled it out the other day, and the nurse said that she wasnt due for a gavage feed for a while anyway, they'll leave it out to give her a break, and when her next gavage feed comes they'll try breast/bottle feed (depending if i'm there or not) and she's been bottle/breast feeding for 2 straight days now!! AND she hit 2kg!! 2.072kg to be exact, she put on 112g in 3 days and 120 in the 3 days before that. So im going to talk to the dr today, because i cant really get in there anymore (dh is working realy long hours in noble park, and mil goes back to school and cant drop me in like she was doing) and see when she can come home. She's 34w gestation today, but she's done so well, hopefully she can come home in about a week... i miss her already. Dh let me have some time alone with her yesterday, as i dont know when i'll see her again. But there's my lil woohoo - no ngt atm!! and hopefully she keeps this up and doesnt need it back in.. she's tube free now!! She feels like a real bubba

what wonderful news

tiggy Guest

Hey Louise,
    Glad to hear that Maria is doing well, despite the mouthfull of teeth!
    The photo in your ticker looks absolutely beautiful.
    I need to see more!
    AHHHH Panadol, she is every mother's best friend I think! I have relied heavily on her for the last few days.

I find baby nurofen is better when they are teething, works much quicker than panadol. I have to keep both around anyway as my eldest is asthmatic and not allowed nurofen.. Still prefer panadol for colds and flus

belmarks Guest

Simone that's wonderful news about Anneliese! Hopefully she will be coming home soon, sounds that way to me!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast