Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #2

Hi all,
    Just letting you know that Kyla and I are off to Adelaide tomorrow until Saturday week. I may get on my sister's computer there but if not I hope you and your bubs have a good few weeks and I'll talk to you soon!

tiggy Guest

Carrie,
    Have a lovely time!

Well his weight so far has been the following;

First weigh - lost 6 grams
    Second weigh - put on 20 grams
    Third weigh - lost 20 grams

So he hasn't gained or really lost much at all, it's sort of not going anywhere..

Carrie have a fantastic time in Adelaide..

Hun maybe it's just because he is getting used to the 'outside' world. I'm here if you want to talk.

Carrie, have fun with your sister in Adelaide!
    Racs, How has Ronan been going at home anyway? It would be a pretty big thing for him because all he has know is in the hospital. Although 6grams and 20grams is a loss really its quiet a small amount isnt it. 6grams could be the difference in scales from the hospital.
    I'm off to our first mothers group today! should be good, i think there will be 9 mums and bubs there. Nixon will be the eldest along with another little girl born 3weeks early on the same day. But size wise and everything else we should fit in a bit better then if we had of started a group a while ago.Nixon was 3.99kg last week. he will get weighed again next Monday (he will be 3 months old wow!)
    [B]Simone-[/B] i know how you feel about not being pg anymore, its a strange feeling because you have your gorgeous baby with you but still feel like you should have finished the pg off.
    Jess- Thats great Patrick is putting on weight. Is he still in 00000 or started venturing into 0000 now!
    Tiff- How is Ivy & Noah going? Do you still take them to the Chiropractor? going to give it another few weeks but if Nixon's reflux hasnt got any better might think about giving it a go.

Nic have a great time at Mothers Group.. WoW 3 months already? then again Ronan is 4 months himself which is hard to believe.. It will be interesting to see how small Ronan will be against some of the babies his age..

Well he has put on 60 grams in the past 2 days and now weighs 4.3kgs so i must be doing something right..

Rac - you are doing fine, bringing a baby home is hard and takes a while to get use to. As for his weight, Maria is 10.5months old and has yet to get to 8kg and she is classed as doing ok as well, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just try to get as much rest as possible, I always find that if I don't get enough sleep or am too stressed my milk supply decreases as well.

tiggy Guest

Hi Nic,
    Thanks for asking but things here are not going well. Ivy and Noah are very sick. They have a terrible cold (which I suspect is bronchiolitis). Both Noah's eardrums burst on Sunday and Ivy's left drum did the same in the wee hours of Monday morning.
    Ivy's reflux is up and down but at the moment she is vomiting blood, so I am scared alot of the time. We have been to the GP who treated me like I was a neurotic mother and told me it was nothing to worry about. I am not convinced. It is near impossible to get in to see our so called paed (who today has informed us that she is merely a hospital based paed and has no rooms)and I am apalled at the lack of follow up that we are getting, considering they were 30 weeks gestation born. My other twins were 35 weeks born and we saw the paed every six weeks or so until they turned one!
    To top it all off, Ivy had an allergic reaction to something and now has this horrible itchy scaly eczema all over her little body,this has calmed down alot from the puffy, swollen hot red reaction that it was at first, she is just miserable. I am fighting with DH who refuses to take time off to help me. They have been sick for almost two weeks now and I am at my wits end. I don't know who to turn to. In desperation today, I called the ECHN, who told me to take them up to the local hospital. I don't think so. We phoned the NICU where they lived for the eight weeks before they came home and they told us to take them to the GP GRRRRRRRRR. I feel like I am just getting nowhere. So, I am off to the GP AGAIN today, so they can tell me that they have a bad cold and that I am a neurotic mother.
    I feel like screaming at them! I have done this before! I KNOW when my babies are sick, listen to me!!!!!!!!! I guess I will have to wait until they are REALLY bad to get some help.
    Sorry for the rant.

PS Rac, I think you and your little man are doing remarkably well, all things considered. Don't be hard on yourself, it is extremely difficult in those first weeks when you bring prem babies home. Hugs to you and Ronan.

Oh ETA: Sorry Nic, I didn't answer your question. I LOVE my chiropractor. He adjusts Ivy and Ivy is a different baby for at least 24 - 48 hours afterwards. Before this stupid cold, he would adjust her and she would sleep for hours afterwards and the vomiting and pain would just reduce so much. It's a bit iffy at the moment but I put that down to everything else her little body is going through. gotta go, they're screaming again.

tiggy Guest

I took the babies to the doctor. Noah has middle ear infection in both ears, both have perforated and Ivy has middle ear infection in both ears with perforation in the left ear and pneumonia. The doctor thinks that she aspirated some vomit with her reflux and add that to the terribe virus that she has had...well, you know the rest.
    We are home but she has not kept down any of her antibiotics, so if we don't get some into her we will have to go to hospital.

Oh Tiff you poor thing, and your poor bubbas, they must feel so terrible at the moment. I hope Ivy can start keeping something down so she doesn't need to go to hospital. Do they know how they get a middle ear infection? and what can they do for it?
    you mustn't be getting much sleep at the moment are the girls able to help you out with other stuff. I'm thinking of you all and hope they can get better soon

Hey tiff, hop iv and noah get better... sucks at the dr thinking you were just neurotic... cant we be worried about our kids?? And what ever happened to mothers intuition?? Its still working as far as i can tell!!
    racs, Anneliese lost 5g the day of her discharge, and i was so afraid they were not going to let me take her home... all the nurse said to me was "5g is half a pea. As long as there's weight gain after, its ok." And he had a big weight gain!! Go Ronan!!

Hi girls - just wanted to join into this group too - my bub is almost one and was born at 34weeks. She weighed 2170grams and was 44.5cms - due to a placenta abruption...very scary - nearly lost her!!!

Gee some of u girls have gone through a great deal...u are all absolutely amazing women- so strong. Ur bubs sound like they are little troopers - soldiering on.

I'm really fortunate that my DD Ella is up there with her milestone development, though only one tooth at this stage and she is still very tiny in comparison to other bubs. Not yet 7kg but our pead seems to think she's doing well.

Justone main concern - she's having major allergic reactions to dairy...whole body rashes, blistering, swelling of throat/eyes, diff breathing. Got a skin***** allergy test but not until end Sept (soooo frustrating!!! and scary when she has these reactions and we're not quite sure exactly what's setting them off...was in hosp last wk after trying her on soy cheese!!!???) - anyone else with similar probs with their babes?

Look forward to chatting more - Rae

Hello Iluvella,

Your little girl looks gorgeous in that pic! I read your de breif yesterday.... geez scarey stuff. Isn't it unbelievable how many things can change within seconds of a pg and like finger prints there are no two alike!
    I think Carrie is on hols at the moment but she has a little girl Kyla born around the same time as your Ella.
    where abouts are u from?

Hi Nic - i'm from Penrith, Western Sydney.
    Yeah - my little Ella is an absolute cutie - so cheeky...makes me LMAO everyday. Could never imagine life without her precious little soul in it!!!! I'm sure u feel exactly the same way - Nixon looks adorable

cool. go the Panthers hey! my dad follows the panthers, im from syd originally but live in melbourne now.
    Got some Pixie photos of Nixon done today, cant wait to c them! i got him smiling in a few of them and also took his clothes off and just nappy in a couple!
    what hospital was Ella at when she was born?

Nepean Public - they were so fab....well they worked super efficiently to save me and bub when most babes don't survive our condition!!! i'll be forever grateful - and the NICU there was brilliant!
    Hope ur pixi photos r great!!!

belmarks Guest

Tiff, I just wanted to say that if you are looking for a brilliant paed, then Dr Phil Buckner at Dudley is the best there is, I took Coby to him with all the reflux and other stuff that he has had wrong with him, and Dr Buckner was wonderful, very practical and will listen to you and not just dismiss you and your concerns. He actually takes on board what you are saying and believes that you know your baby best (as you do). He's in the phone book and is relatively easy to get in to so perhaps you could get a referral to him from your GP? I know its a long way for you to travel, but if he's going to offer you some solutions then perhaps its worth it??

I hope you are ok.....

tiggy Guest

Thanks Bel,
    I actually have worked with him and he is lovely. I never knew where he went when he left Wyong. I will look him up, thanks.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast