Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #2

tiggy Guest

Hey Bel,
    How is the gorgeous Coby today?
    He was SO cute the other day, I could have just eaten him up!!!

I have a little woohoo for Kyla!
    She did her first unaided roll onto her tummy today! She is also waving and sitting unaided for a short time!
    YAY

tiggy Guest

WOOHOO Kyla!!!!!

What a clever little petal!
    Yay for the proud mummy too!

Well we have been waiting since Thursday and Ronan still isn't home! They did a download on him to see how is breathing was going to see whether or not he needs oxygen and the data was incorrect by my assumption. The data was saying that he did REALLY bad and desatting to 70% when i know he wasn't.. I told them to do another download with another machine and the results have come back GREAT! He desatted no lower than 88% but stayed above 95% majority of the time.. When it was saying he was desatting to 70% he was pink in colour and was thrashing his feet about and i even got the nurse to check him because i didn't believe what the machine was saying and she agreed with me, that he was FINE..

With two nurses backing me up they decided to do another download and whilst the results are in they need 1000 people to look @ it before we get an answer as to whether he comes home on the oxygen.. Personally we don't care if he does but get on with it! Throughout the 17wks we have been there they have gotten results on ALL of his tests within 2 days but they have dragged it out for another 5 days and we are sick of the wait! He has been off oxygen totally for 3 weeks now and even had a Hernia operation and coped 100% without the need for it afterwards..

I told the doctors today that they are really unfair to parents because they are told their baby can come home on a particular day and then they change (which they changed it from Thursday to Monday) and we are still waiting and hubby took holidays especially so he can spend some time with his son.. We keep getting different comments about when he can come home and i don't get it! I have been getting really annoyed over the past 5 days because they are taking their sweet time on getting things finalised and there is no need for it.. I don't know if they are testing our patience but i think spending 17wks in the hospital is dam long enough and there are no other medical reasons why he can't come home.. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Oh Rac - how frustrating! You've had such a loooong haul of it.
    I understand how you feel - they kept doing that to us too with Kyla and it really starts to get to you (especially when you see everyone else leave before you!).
    I'm really glad to hear that the op went well and that Ronan has done well since.
    I hope that they stop dragging their heals soon and let your little one home!

hopefully he will be home tomorrow

Racs, thinking of you and hopeing Ronan they can give you a day Ronan is coming home and stick to it. Man that must be frustrating.
    Welcome Shell

Well Nixon & I are back from Sydney, we had a great time, i saw my sis every day most times we were bf our bubs at the same time!
    Nixon is good i think he may be 4kg now, gets weighed Friday.
    But Ive just come down with a cold and hoping Nixon doesnt pick it up. I know he needs to build up his immune system but dont want him to feel like i do right now. Going to docs this arvo.
    Nixon's reflux is getting me down a bit, he chucks 5-10 times a feed, he would be putting on much more weight if only he could keep things down.
    Ive been using the brauer colic relief which seems to help the pain factor... i know every bub is different but anyone find something in particular work well for spewey babys? He is coming to docs with me anyway so will speak about it then too.
    Carrie- Whoo Hoo for Kayla how excited you must have been!

Nixon is starting to give me really big smiles now its just great!

i should go back to bed, but i probably wont...

Hey there Nic! Glad you and Nixon had a great time in Sydney and got to see your sister lots.
    Re: the chucking - is it coming up with wind?

Hope you are feeling better soon and that Nixon escapes it!

Hey Carrie,
    Um somtimes he chucks with a burp but mostly it just comes up. sometimes its really projected and others just spills out. Sometimes he starts the hiccups and the first 4-5 will just ooze out spew with them.....
    had check up at MCHN today and he weighed 3990grams. I was quiet dissapointed as its only 310g in 3 weeks, grown 2cm and head 1cm. I am sure its because he is throwing so much up. Now i have to try topping him up when he spews alot so im thinking all im going to be doing is feeding, burping, changing, feeding burping all day long (as if i dont already feel like thats all i do!!)

on a positive he is sleeping pretty well, not every night but most nights he is sleeping 6-7hrs. Last night was a record he went down at midnight and slept till 8.30am!

Nic - Wow his sleeping is great!
    Kyla was also really bad with the reflux - she would do BIG chucks that went all down my back and hit the ground.
    I found the reflux really stressful as Kyla was forever chucking up when we had just worked so hard at getting the milk into her. Plus she was forever in a bib with wet clothes!
    My pead never seemed worried about it - as long as she was putting on weight and was a 'happy chucker' it didn't seem to worry her. Kyla has only ever put on a max of 20g a day. The pead said to me that usually around three months the reflux and colic would improve and that I could try all the tonics (which I did) but that they wouldn't do much. So I hung out for the three months (corrected) and she actually did improve. She now still does little chucks if she strains after a feed and somtimes with burps, but the big chucks are few and far between.
    I know it's really frustrating...but hang out until the 3 month mark and hopefully he'll start improving (when the spincter between the stomach and oesophagus matures more). Unless he is off his feeds or seems to get upset by the chucking.
    Things that helped me (gentle burping so the burps didn't come up with too much force), infacol (to help with burbing so she wasn't straining and colicky), not putting her on her tummy after a feed, and having lots of bibs and flanny nappies to wipe up the chuck!!
    I know this isn;t probably that helpful - but in my experience the pead was right...it was just a matter of time. As long as Nixon's putting on weight - try not to worry (easier said than done I know).

ETA: Nic are you and Nixon still going to the restaurant tomorrow???

hey everyone,
    cant do personals, sorry, would take me forever typing one handed... she's home. My lil princess is finally home, at 27 days old (34w3d gest) weighing 2.250kg. Its so nice, i feel like her mummy now...

Congrats on Anneliese being at home hun.

Hi all - Just wanted to say that it was great meeting you Nic (and Nixon), Simone (and Anneliese). You both have absolutly gorgeous babys!!

Hello,
    Thanks Carrie! I look forward to meeting Kyla to sometime.
    Thanks for the gift for Nixon & maybe next time he will be a bit more settled! It was quiet awkward trying to feed him/chang him there!
    Yep we've just been going through lots and lots of bibs and cloth nappies! Yesterday was a bad day spew wise. I think every feed he was quiet bad last night before bed i had to top him up on his top up feed because he was so spewey and unsettled. But then he slept from 11.30-6am and back down till 11am and feeding him now! i know the paed will prob say the same thing if he is gaining weight then not much to worry about.

Had Anneliese weighed today, she weighs 2.41kg! Has been discharged from Hospital in the Home, nurse says im doing a brilliant job... Still mourning my pg, i would've been 35w today. But instead i have a beautiful lil priness in my arms. She's awake atm, smiling at the walls!! Nickers, Nixon is gorgeous, and thank you so much for the gorgeous present Carrie, i've put it away for Anneliese when she's a lil bit older...

Patrick has put on 260 g WooHoo!
    Even though he nows weighs 3280g a little weight gain is a big deal

Ronan seems to be up & down with his weight and we have no idea why.. He feeds so much to the point he falls asleep and can't take anymore and usually sleeps for around 4/5 hourly.. He weighs 4.2kgs atm but he will be weighed tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what he is..

Jess that is fantastic about the weight gain.. Every little bit helps!

Thats right Racs... Not good about Ronans weight being up and down, but it should work itself out in no time! 4.2 kgs....that is a fantastic weight though!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast