Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #4

Welcome Megan.

Nic - Kameron was 6lb exactly at 37wks 6 days when he was induced. So not too much difference in them. Lachlan was 6lb 7oz at 38wks 1 day when he was induced.

Raven - Great to hear that Willow loved her taste of pears. Time does fly by doesn't it.

Love

OIh, and happy 6 months to Nixon

hehe mum just rung me & said happy 1/2 a bday & had i made half a cake lol!

its hard to believe this time 6month ago little Nixon was being taken to Nicu & i was stuck in recovery just wanting to c my newly born son!

tiggy Guest

Welcome Megan and Raven! Nice to have some newies around! Glad that all is going well with your babies!

Kathryn - your little guy is GORGEOUS!!!! AWWWWW, I miss that newborn stage.

Hey Racs!! Good to see you around again! Happy 7 months Ronan- I love the ticker pic!
    Nic, hope that you and Nixon had a happy halfway day!!

Kathryn, the pics of Asthon are beautiful, and Kameron and Lachlan look like proud big borthers-they are very cute boys

Thankyou girls.

Nic - I had to laugh at the half b/day, specially the half a cake comment.

Ashton was weighed again today and he has put on 30g. I did say that he had just that minute been fed as well, but she didn't really bother too much with that. I got the midwife to check his willy as he seems to have a bit of a lump and looks a bit bruised or something half way down and she said she saw one similiar and few weeks ago and called in the Paed, who in turn said it was perfectly normal. I did have a GP appointment booked for it to be checked out, but she said it was all okay and asked if he was weeing okay which he is. So I will just get the GP to check it next week when we go for our 2 week check up.

Love

HI girls. I haven't been in here for ages but i needed to pop in to share some very exciting news with you all. Ella took her first steps yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! She'll be 14months on the 24th of this month so i thought that wasn't too bad for such a little thing.

Nic - Nixon is growing so much - he looks terrific...and his weight is great! I'm jealous as Ella is only a teeny bit more than Nixon and she's more than twice his age :eek: She's very little!!!
    Simone - how's Anneliese doing re: that rash and irritability she was experiencing? Have they been able to determine if it is allergies and what was the cause? Our poor prems and their extra sensitivities. They are tough little things though!!!!
    Kathryn - just had a squizz at the pics of Ashton - he is adorable. He looks really great too - Ella was much more wrinkly and red God love her! Great to read that you are all doing well - and that he came home after 2 days. Congrats on his weight gain too.
    Tiff - I can't believe that the twins are almost 1yr already :eek: They look like such cheerful little bundles.

Anyway - will keep popping my head in to see how you lovelies and bubs are going.

Tiff-Gosh your Ivy and Noah and happy lil kids, they are sooo cute!!
    Rae-thats great about Ella's first steps, Declan was a full termer and took his first steps at 16.5m!!

I have to get Anneliese weighed soon (they only have one MCHN for our entire area, and its half impossible to get an appointment with her!! I think she's about 5kg (give or take) I was at a play centre for the boys this morning, and some ladies came over and asked me about Annliese-whats her name, how old etc... They said they had only guessed she was about 1 month old lol. She's still in 0000, but i've put her into 000 wonder suits now, as they fit her a little better, although she could still fit in the smaller ones she's really smiling now, the other day i thought i heard her giggle at her brother, but she stopped when i got there. She still only sleeps if i wrap her though.

tiggy Guest

Hey Rae!
    Nice to see you in here!Love your preggie belly. How are you feeling?

Congrats on the Member in the Hotseat (I'm a good voter - I've voted four for four, in a row now hehe).

Great news that your Ella is walking!! I can't wait for that day over in this house.
    For the moment, they are busy trying to crawl.

As for their birthday, yeah, I can hardly believe it myself. This time last year I was pregnant :eek:
    We are busy planning a party (my last first birthday). We are having a picnic in The Gardens at Hunter Valley, so I hope it's good weather.
    I am really enjoying them at the moment, just not the lack of sleep in the night but I guess that's just all part of this mothering business.

ETA: AWWWW thanks, Simone!

Simone - i totally understand. Ella was in 000's until about 12months! It's only now that she's in 00 and some 0's. At least they stay babies for longer hey....not that it helped my clucky feelings

Tiff - thanks for the vote!!!! Gee aren't 1st birthdays big things to plan - we had a nice luch with very close family and friends, nice decorations, great cake, partybags etc...and it still seemed like a lot. Your plans sound great - it'll be a fabulous day!

oh yeah Rae congrats on the member hotseat (I voted for yah too lol!)
    just been looking at your website, Ella is sooooooo cute!! i love all her cute little outfits! (Makes me wanna have a girl now!!) you look great in all your pics too. Congratulations on Ella walking what a clever girl!
    Tiff- any plans for Ivy & Noah's 1st bday's?

Had Paed appointment today. we are going to wean Nixon off Zantac:eek:
    see how he goes anyway, he still spews ALL the time but doesnt bother him like it used to. I mentioned i thought he wasnt very flexible in his legs, he agreed but wasnt too concerned. he said quiet common with prems. any of you notice the same thing? He cant get his feet to his mouth or sit with his knees near the ground on his back or belly. so just gonna stretch him about gently.

Awwww you're too sweet Nic! Thanks for the vote too

Good news on weaning Nixon off the Zantac - hope it's a smooth journey for you both. Poor little chook with his spewing. Does he seem to be in pain still?

Hiya Rae Have to get used to that now lmao. Woohoo for Ella walking !!

Tiff - I remember Kameron's 1st b/day party it was huge, so I could just imagine what it will be like for 2 of them turning 1. Lachlan's 1st party we toned down a bit hahaha. We are just busy organising Kameron's 5th now (this weekend) and that will be his last party till he turns 10. 2 weeks before he turns 10, Ashton will be turning 5 so will be a double celebration there.

Nic - Best of luck with the weaning.

Simone - Do you have your own set of bathroom scales ?? You can always jump on them and weigh yourself and then weigh yourself again with Anneliese in your arms. That is what I used to do with my boys. Will give you a rough idea of her weight.

Love

yeah I have weighed Nixon that way too before. Your scales may be a little different to MCHN but you'll get a rough idea.

Majority of the time Nixon spews these days he is happy about it. on occasions when he first finishes a feed if he hasnt yet burped he may get some pains then when he burps he brings up a projectile with it. But nothing like how he was around 8weeks when i think he started it all.
    God i wish there was something that stopped the ACTUALL spewing! but i guess i have it good in other area's (been sleeping through the night since 9weeks) so i just have to put up with a chucky bub!
    Kathryn- How did Ashtons blood results come back for jaundice?

Edited: just wanted to add that Ambah got back to me about aving our details at the front of each page. they are going to set it up so we can soon! but after baby turns 1 the details will be removed just to incourage us to still post in other areas like baby buddies etc.

tiggy Guest

That's great Nic about Nixon. I hope the weaning of the zantac goes well. I hear you on the stopping the spewing bit! UGH! One day I WON'T smell like vomit!

Noah has the stiffness in his back and legs too. I know the term for it but do you think that I can remember it for the life of me???? Stupid brain!

Just on a little tangent - do you know that they say that your brain shrinks 3% evertime you have a baby? Considering that you only use 10% of your brain at any given time, I think that, with the number of babies I've had, it puts me well and truly in the negative!!! I used to be an intelligent woman! LOL

Anyway, we have all these excercises that we do with Noah to encourage him to use the muscles he needs, not the muscles he is using (does that make sense?).

Oh and yeah, we are planning to have a party for the cherubs. It will be very exciting!
    We didn't want it too big but seeing as it will be our last first birthday (until grandbabies) I wanted to have something enjoyable and memorable. So, it is a picnic party in the park, with all the rellos and a few friends ( hopefully Trish and her boys will come up) The kids are already discussing cakes. We think Ivy will have a chicken cake because she LOVES anything that resembles a hen and we are still tossing up for Noah. The girls think I should make a cake in the shape of a girl, with long hair because he likes to pull his sisters' hair. I think a puppy or a truck or something boyish.
    The other funny thing the girls are worried about is that Ivy's cake be made with her formula (which is the prescription lactose free stuff) Ha ha, too cute!

Kathryn, Hope the 5th b'day party goes well.
    We had a big one for the girls' first but Lily's was very quiet. Because she is only two years and two weeks behind Immy and Maddy, hers and the girls' kind of blended after a while!

Just a quick note to say i have jsut updated Alexas website if anyone wants to have a nosey.....

Hope the babes are all doing well & behaving for their mums!!!!!

tiggy Guest

Hi Mitch!
    Off to have a look now!

Nic: I just remembered the term; It's called hyperextension and it is very common in prems. I noticed it alot more when it came time for Noah to be sitting up, he was very tight and kind of had his shoulders thrown back all the time. The paed and physio explained what it was (as above) and said it was obvious in his legs too. HTH

She is gorgeous Mitch.

Nic - The jaundice levels were great, they told me for his gestation they have to be 270 or higher to be put under lights his only came in at 207 which was fantastic.

Love

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast