Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #4

Hi Girls

Can I join in. Although my prem baby is probably a little bit bigger than most of yours

Ashton arrived at 36wks weighing 2.635kg (approx 5lb 9oz). He was 47cm long and had a HC of 34cm. He went straight to special care about 2-3hrs after birth due to low blood sugar levels and even though got to "room in" with me on Friday night was still under the care of the special care nursery.

He was allowed to come home at 2 days old (Saturday afternoon), but jaundice may now be kicking in (Day 4) and the midwife is just rushing bloodwork through for us so we know if his levels are okay or not, as he has become a very sleepy baby and didn't feed well this morning.

Love

tiggy Guest

Hey Kathryn!
    Welcome aboard!
    Are you able to tell us how little Ashton came early? Did labour start?
    It's great that you were able to bring him home. Hope the jaundice levels aren't too high and that he gets to stay at home with his family.

Hey Tiff

I just did my birth story, so you can read all details in full there but I went into natural spontaneous labour and started contractions at 3.30pm Tuesday afternoon. They put my actual established labour down from 6pm the wednesday night.

Love

Hi Kathryn,

Firstly congratulations on the birth of Ashton! I just said to the girls the other day that you would prob be in here (after i read the birth announcement) Glad that Ashton is going good (about to go read ur birth story) fingers crossed he doesnt need to go back to hospital for jaundice.

just read your birth story. You did so well kathryn. I was going to say i thought in the birth announcement it said he was 5p 1oz, it stuck in my head because thats the same size Nixon was born.
    How are you feeling anyway?

Yep Nic. I asked when he was born before I sent the Mass of txt msgs how big he was in lb & oz as I knew if I said 2.630kg I would have replies saying "what is that in lb & oz" LOL and the midwife said 5lb 1oz , which is why 5lb 1oz was in the birth announcement. So we think she mis-read it when she looked up the conversion and left off the 3 at the end accidently.

I am feeling great, milk has come in so had 24hours of very full swollen boobs. 1 has settled down now and just waiting for the other to settle down.

Love

tiggy Guest

We need some piccies of your little guy!!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

WELCOME Kathryn and Ashton - yes we need some pics

isn't it funny we use pounds & oz for nothing else but when it comes to babies everyone wants to know their weight in it! I am the same though lol.
    can't wait for some pics of the little man, when you get some time.
    hmmm wonder if Lachlan jumping on you did trigger something.....how are the boys with him so far?

Here we go girls

www.theastroweb.com/baby/ashton.jpg
    www.theastroweb.com/baby/ashton1.jpg
    www.theastroweb.com/baby/ashton2.jpg
    www.theastroweb.com/baby/ashton3.jpg
    www.theastroweb.com/baby/ashton4.jpg

Will do some better close ups tomorrow when Kameron is back in Kindy. The boys have been great, Kameron keeps saying "aww he is so cute isn't he" which is really sweet. Lachlan just wants to look and touch at the moment, we have asked him if he wants to cuddle him but he keeps saying "no" which is okay.

Love

love

Kathryn, big congrats!! He is sooo gorgeous, i just logged on that day to see if tegan had had her bub, and was so shocked to see your birth annoucement in there!! I love the name ashton (that's what Anneliese would have been if she was a boy) Glad everything going well, hope Ashtons SBR levels arent too bad and he doesnt have to go back in for phototherapy.

awww what a sweetie Kathryn! he is adorable, i love that first pic of him when he was just born!
    Just out of interest what sizes/gestation were Kameron & Lachlan born at? Must be very different for you if they were big babies to have such a little bub!

Hey nick, just reading yours... It is very diff having such a small bub after biggies... Xander was 4155g, declan was 3610g at 37w. They were both in 000 almost straight away

mummymeegs Guest

Hi Guys...

After reading this thread for a little while I thought I would join in!! My little man, Tobias Maxwell was born at exactly 36 weeks on September 15th, weighing 2.7kgs. We spent 10 days in special care due to feeding problems, but we are home now and putting on weight at an alarming rate!! Toby that is!! Not me! lol!

I look forward to chatting with you all and to learning all about your early arrivals!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

welcome Megan & Tobias -love his name

Welcome Kathryn & Megan..

Welcome Megan! Congratulations on your son Tobias!
    why did Tobias make an early entrance? glad to hear he is going well & putting on weigtht!
    Racs- Happy 7 months today Ronan!! (just been looking at your website, love the recent pics of him, he is a spunky boy sitting up in that chair!

Default Willow finally starts solids

[/FONT]I finally got the ok from the paediatrician, for Willow to start solids. So this morning she had her first taste of pears! And she loved it too. Although she got it everywhere it was fun to watch her eyes light up when she took that first mouthful and of course the smile on her face too. From a tiny little girl born at 30 weeks to a happy and healthy 7 month old.... How time flys!!
    Raven81

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast