Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fortel Ultra - is this a faint + ?

Oh i don't know - but i planned to test tomorrow and i'll be 12 DPO...so any feedback on that being too early would be great. Don't want to be disappointed!
    Good luck WA

Yeah thats exactly right. I dont want to test and be dissapointed because it comes back BFN, but only because its too early. Hope someone can help.

Hi rae,

I found this on the net after doing some research and thought you might be interested.

Q: How soon after ovulation can I test?

A: The earliest you can get a positive result on the most sensitive pregnancy tests is seven days after ovulation. Implantation needs to occur before hCG is produced, and that generally happens between 6-12 days post ovulation, usually by 10 days after. For this reason, it makes economical sense to wait until 10-12 days after ovulation, but even then a significant percentage of women who are pregnant will still show a negative result. Many people won't have a positive HPT until the first day of a missed period or even a few days later.

It would still be nice to hear some real life experiences.

Babushka Doll Guest

Hi There Walking Art,

I tested 6 days before AF and got feint feint lines (see my first post piccies) The lines got stronger each day after that.

Today you would be 7 days before AF (or testing, not sure how FF has worked it out) but usually they tell you to test on the day AF is due.

Im not one to give advice on hanging out to test, cause as you can see from my posts, I am a POAS addict! :eek:
    BUT if you can wait until tomorrow you might get a feint feint BFP like I did

BTW: I don't think its that common to get any lines so early, I suppose I may have jsut had more HCG than normal? .... OMG Twins??? but from what I can gather, its completly normal to get BFN's up until the day AF is due and sometimes after...

Fingers crossed for a

Thanks Babushka Doll

Ill try tomorrow and see how i go.

Babushka Doll Guest

Good Luck!

Which brand are you going to use?

I got results with both Pregnosis and Fortel Ultra on 9DPO. Fortel Ultra was the most predominat. Internet cheapies gave me NADDA!

Crystal Clear have been the most sensitive for me though, only started using them in the last 2 days!

I have the Clear Blue Digital one at home at the moment but i am open for suggestions. Do you reccommend crystal clear? Are those sold at most chemists?

Babushka Doll Guest

They should be available at most chemists, not sure if ive seen them in Wollies (anyone?) I do know they come in dip stick or in stream, I have only used the in stream(used as a dip stick) with FMU.

Discover gave me poor results feint feint feint, even when Crystal Clears was strong +, I think everyone is different, I haven't personally used the Digital ones, funnily enough i think i would be to scared to see "Pregnant" its easier to see the + ahahah IYKWIM??

Still can't belive it no matter how many tests I do!

WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE REAL? Has anyone else been through this??

MissPink Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Babushka Doll

WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE REAL? Has anyone else been through this??
    WHEN YOU GO INTO LABOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND... more so, when you see that little tiny, innocent, helpless, GORGEOUS face for that VERY first time... just thinking back still brings tears to my eyes... and she is 18months old!!!

hehe

Thanks heaps for that WA ...i might test tomorrow - but if i get a neg i'll wait for a few more days and then try again (unless witch AF visits). Good luck, good luck, good luck for when u test.......fill us in too!!!!

How did u go today Miss Pink - did u end up testing again.

BD - it became more real for me, with dd, when i saw her formed body in the 12 week u/s and then a bit later on when i felt her kicks....awww i miss thst. Really hope i'm pg again

Hopefully we'll all be belly buddies this month

MissPink Guest

LOL.. actually i will agree with rae there, the 12 weeks scan and when i first felt her moving at 15 weeks is when it really kicked in for me.. but wasnt until her 19 week scan where she was soooo real, a little tiny person, everything so defined.. that i really knew..

AND THEN THERE WAS THE BIRTH!! lmao hahaha

Babushka Doll Guest

Ok - lets not go there just yet

Lets get over the whole shock of being pregnant first!

As you can probably tell - this pregnancy is a welcomed surprise for DP and I, about 9 months earlier than expected according to our 'plans'

I don't like to say because I know how many of you have been trying for AGES, but we once on day 12 (we were practicing natural fertility, not using contraceptives) which has been working well since we started 1 year ago. Usually DP asks 'is it ok??' and I say yes or no, well on this ONE occassion he didn't ask and

So we are super lucky in one sense. DP is so happy, and keeps telling me that its only a little change in our plans, but a VERY welcomed one, and what ever goes to plan anyway??

I suppose I am just going through a lot of emotions at the moment, although termination has never crossed either of our minds, we are in a stable relationship, both financially and emotionally.

Hopefully I will start to feel very excited soon, I get little bouts of excitement and then little bouts of fear too. I suppose this is all normal, my girlfriend cried with fear when she found out she was preggers and they were actively trying!

Anyone in a similar situation?

WOW what a novel I have written.......

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

BD - I was exactly the same as you with my first pregnancy. It was our first cycle of trying after coming off the pill and while I really wanted to be pregnant, when those 2 lines came up - I started crying big time! I s*%t myself! And stupid me did it while I was home alone and the Dh was out with mates!

Needless to say I yelled at Dh for not leaving the pub when I asked him too and so he got told he was going to be a father over the phone with me angry at him. I think it was the shock of it all!

BD - so glad it is a welcome surprise for you. Sometimes i think it's better that way...it has definately been stressful this cycle with all the charting, waiting for o and temp rises etc...ahhhh i could go insane!! And to think that i have put all this pressure on myself and AF may still arrive! Well that's my whinge - sorry - lol.

As for fears, DH and i were really ready when we began TTC #1 so were just overwhelmed with amazement and excitement. The fear didn't kick in until later on in the pg. Sometimes i'd wake up with little anxiety attacks - but got over them pretty quickly. I guess anything new...and lifechanging - is scary. NOw that i have my little Ella i sometimes worry why i ever was worried. I'd NEVER change a thing (if anything just want more bubba's in my family, hence TTC #2).

Babushka Doll Guest

Thats Gold Relle.... (well, I supose in hindesight for you)!!!

DP was in bed when i did all my test, so I have gone and woken him up each time saying, hmm darker than yesterday and so on..

You know what is even stranger.... last Sunday over brekky, he says 'your pregnant' I had a dream you were pregnant and it was so real, last time I dreamed something so real, it came true the very next day.... I told him he was mad! Its weird, its like he came to terms with it in his dream and there was no :eek: factor for him, just excitment.

DP is in the cops, so im thinking he has sniffed one too many canabis plants, hahah
    Last edited by Babushka Doll; September 12th, 2006 at 08:51 PM.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

LMAO - BD !!!!!

Way to go on your DP! He is obviously very in tune with you!

I can absolutely look back on it as a very funny moment! He did get asked twice politely if he would come home and the third time 40 mins later when he hadn't left, he wanted to know why I wanted him home, so I told him cause I needed to talk to him, and then he just got ****ty back - so I coped him with it!

When he got home, he told me it was the longest trip home ever in his life!! hehehehe

Babushka Doll Guest

hahaha, buggers they are at times

We them tho.....

Miss Pink - how are you feeling now? are you going to test again in the morning? please let us know how you go, if it is we will be due around the same time.

XX

MissPink Guest

Hey Gals..

Well, i think its a BFN... did one just now with my FMU.. there was no real trace of a second line until later towards the end of the 5 mins, now i can see a FAINT FAINT FAINT line but id say its just an evap line.. *shrugs*

AF is due today or tomorrow... so will see but i have a gut feeling AF will show.. i felt very down last night so, it kinda made me think AF was coming... since i had no reason to feel so blue last night, quite the opposite really since yesturday i basicaly was told i got the job i went for.. (just needed some casual work while my business is still building up) *sighs*

We hadnt started trying yet, but i still feel dissapointed... crazy! We had arranged to start trying after this coming AF... so, guess we will still go on as planned.. *ho hum*

Thanks for all your help and everything guys, was great... and a huge congrats to those who got thier much wanted BFP... especially BD, what a ride... im so happY for you and DH.. I really hope the next 9 months sail by without any major hickups!

One tip i can give: ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY, EVERY UNCOMFORTABLE KICK AT 2AM, EVERY BOUNCE ON YOUR BLADDER... CAUSE YOU DONT FEEL IT FOR LONG, AND THEN YOU REALLY MISS IT & write a JOURNAL.... trust me.. youll regret it fi you dont.. I DO

I know i will be taking this pregnancy a little slower (when i fall), JJ's pregnancy i rushed from one ultrasound to the next, i lived for them lol.. and before i knew it, she was in my arms.....

Anyways, better go, big day ahead!

Thanks again girls..

mwah

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast