Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things kids say & do

This morning both DSs were sitting at the table eating breaky and DH and I were in the kitchen making ourselves coffee and I walked past the kids to go to the loungeroom and DS1 yelled 'mum where are you going? Get back in the kitchen!!'

I've never heard DH laugh so hard lol

Double post

DS1 pointed at the "golden arches" sign, and announced, "That is a letter box! That is where bears post their letters!"

DD has been watching WAY too much Peppa Pig and keeps calling DH "Daddy Pig". He is not one happy man, lmao

She'll just be sitting there and go "Hey, Daddy Pig. I wuf you!"

DD has been watching WAY too much Peppa Pig and keeps calling DH "Daddy Pig". He is not one happy man, lmao

She'll just be sitting there and go "Hey, Daddy Pig. I wuf you!"

Got another!!

Tonight DH took the boys up for a shower after dinner while I stayed downstairs and tidied up, once they had finished they all came downstairs and DS1 exclaimed 'mum, daddy washed our hair with pooh!!'

My mother loves telling everyone this story about me when I was about 4 and my brother was a few months old she came in to check on me because she smelt something strange. Apparently my brother had pooped and I didn't like the smell but I wanted to keep watching tv instead of getting mum so I just sprayed him with an entire can of air freshener

So I've been suffering (again) with MS the past couple of days, so needing a bit of a boost...

DS: you're...not handsome... (DS and I were talking a few days ago about how boys are usually called handsome and girls beautiful.)
    I smile, expecting to be told I'm beautiful, something I desperately need to hear as I don't feel it atm)
    DS: You're the opposite of handsome...
    Still expecting to be told I'm beautiful....I'm obviously not firing on all cylinders here...
    DS : You're bad! You're not pretty at all Mummy.

Why thank you DS...!

I've been suffering (again) with MS the past couple of days, so needing a bit of a boost...

DS: you're...not handsome... (DS and I were talking a few days ago about how boys are usually called handsome and girls beautiful.)
    I smile, expecting to be told I'm beautiful, something I desperately need to hear as I don't feel it atm)
    DS: You're the opposite of handsome...
    Still expecting to be told I'm beautiful....I'm obviously not firing on all cylinders here...
    DS : You're bad! You're not pretty at all Mummy.

Why thank you DS...!

JLeigh your little one is all charm! NOT!

My DS1 at kindy: "I don't want to play with that black friend!"
    Me: "Ummm.... (looking around to see who heard him!) what do you mean sweetie?"
    DS1: "I don't want to play with that boy wearing a black teeshirt mum"

Phew!

DS turned two today and DD (4) has been very excited to celebrate his birthday. He slept in, and DD was waiting for him to wake. Finally I said "I think I can hear the birthday boy!" ... DD: "Can I see him? What do you think he's going to look like?!!!"

She was quite disappointed to discover that he didn't grow three inches and mature over night in spite of her insistence: "but two year olds always look bigger than one year olds!"

Dd2 has a cold at the moment.
    Last night she had a night terror and started calling out 'daddy, I want my daddy!'
    So dh goes in and sits on her bed, gives her a cuddle and says 'don't worry dd, daddy is here'.
    Well all I hear is a massive scream, and dd yelling at dh. "No, not you, I want my real daddy!"
    I head in and dd sees me, jumps in my arms and through her tears says " I don't want that daddy, I want my real daddy"
    Poor dh

beans, oh your poor hubby!

Teni, once we got her back to sleep, I did have some fast talking to do.. Lucky for me she looks like dh

At the EKKA (brisbane show) today and were watching the arena shows waiting for fireworks when DS informed me that the music that was playing was "coming from the moon"

Got DFs mate (who is also his boss) over for pizza and a movie tonight.
    DS: was standing in the middle of the room, gets down on his hands and knees and says
    "This is how the baby comes out!"
    Me: Automatically; because we have similar conversations daily- "where does the baby come out?"
    DS: "Here.." points to his penis. "The baby comes out here." Takes his pants off to show us EXACTLY where - "the baby comes out of my penis!"

Maybe its one of those 'had to be there moments' but we were in hysterics.

DS: (After drawing with chalk for 40 minutes on the paving outside, loving every second) Mummy, can you help me draw with the chalk because it's such a boring job I have to do?!
    Pause for 3 seconds... Mummy, what does boring mean?

TMI warning - this is kinda gross.

Amelia and I were just hanging out in bed watching a movie, when she suddenly turned to me with a small brown object in her hand, then worriedly said "Ew, issa poo!" ...yeah. It was. Then while I was making sure that was the only bit outside of her nappy, she kept telling me "I did a poo!" - yes, yes I know, sweetheart

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast