Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things kids say & do

DH was getting frustrated with DD1 (4yrs) trying to get her into bed last night. She was trying to delay and went out to go and find a teddy, DH told her to hurry up and get it and get in bed and she rolls her eyes at him, lets out a big sigh and says 'Oh, you are just making such a fuss!!' and storms off, LOL. Such a funny thing to hear come out of her mouth as it's not a phrase we would use.

Default Out of the mouths of babes

Hi everyone,

So I'm sure we've all been in the situation where our child has said something funny or embarrassing (whichever the case may be) where you have either; wondered where they got it from OR wanted to crawl into a small dark place and hide.

My DS just came back from time at his dads, with a book, after me questioning his dad over something DS had said.
    Backstory: We were watching foxtel one night and watching something on the 'lifestyleYOU' channel. There is an ad on there (which I complain every time I see it) of half naked men, anyway this ad came on and I say "I don't particularly want to see half naked men while I'm eating my dinner" to which DS replies "I have a rudie nudie book at Daddy's house", you can imagine what went through my head. DF and I looked at each other and tried not to laugh!
    So DS's dad brought the book "rudie nudie" over to show me (a children's short listed book that came with Huggies nappy pants!)

He says plenty of other funny or inappropriate things too, I thought it would be fun for us to share them and lighten the mood of parenthood every now and then :-)

Talking about the stairs in our house - with a landing halfway down
    DS: Why are there 2 lots of stairs?
    Me: So its not as steep.
    DS: The ladies fixed it, did they?
    Me: Why do you think ladies fixed it? Why not men?
    DS: Because its too hard for the mens.

Lol Calluna! DH asked me what I was giggling about so I read your post...poor DH was not in the slightest amused.

Hahahaha! I have no idea where that idea came from either. Funny kid worked it out on his own

We were watching an old episode of Harry's Practice when DS (renowned for his imaginative play) decides he wants to play Dr Harry...off he goes to get his hat and shoes. He comes back and asks, 'Hello. Do you have a pet with a problem?'
    Me: 'Why yes. I think it's in here' and head to his bedroom to get a stuffed toy. I hand him a toy dog and say, 'here's my sick pet. Can you help her?'
    DS: 'actually, that's not a real pet. It's just a stuffed toy. Where's your real pet?'
    Me: 'uh...?'
    DS: leans over and picks up an invisible pet....'Here's your pet dog. This (touching the toy) is JUST a pretendy toy.'

We were watching an old episode of Harry's Practice when DS (renowned for his imaginative play) decides he wants to play Dr Harry...off he goes to get his hat and shoes. He comes back and asks, 'Hello. Do you have a pet with a problem?'
    Me: 'Why yes. I think it's in here' and head to his bedroom to get a stuffed toy. I hand him a toy dog and say, 'here's my sick pet. Can you help her?'
    DS: 'actually, that's not a real pet. It's just a stuffed toy. Where's your real pet?'
    Me: 'uh...?'
    DS: leans over and picks up an invisible pet....'Here's your pet dog. This (touching the toy) is JUST a pretendy toy.'

Ahahaha!

That's AWESOME!!

DS sometimes pulls me up during imaginative play, because a couple of his toys apparently can't talk, because they're toys ... All the rest can! But there's a couple who apparently can't ...

DD spotted a mole on DH's back and yelled - "Look Mummy. Daddy has little boobie!"

DS1 woke me up by sitting on my chest and getting his plastic toy monkey tangled in my hair, then said, "Mummy! Robots don't wear shoes!!" and then went to the toilet.

Um, ok. Backing slowly away now ...

DS was pretending to be Mummy (and I had to pretend to be him). I asked him to get me out a plate so I could have some morning tea.
    His reply? 'Sorry DS, I can't. Mummy can't bend over very well anymore because I have a big tummy. You'll have to do it for me.'
    He's now taken to putting a stuffed bear under his shirt when we play this game - for authenticity!

DS (26 months): Baby is hungry Daddy. You give the baby milk with your boobies?
    DH: (looks alarmed) No, not mine!
    DS: (seems to take his cue from how alarmed DH looked) No. Might suck a big hole in you. Then baby might fall in. ????!!!!

DS: Can't go to bed any more Mummy.
    Me: No? Why not?
    DS: A silly man poured paint in my cot.

Ookay then. This kid's got a weird imagination!

That's hilarious!

I heard Moo say to our puppy dog (who was trying to chew on him as puppies do) 'No Lucy, stop! I'm not a bone Lucy!'

Default Re: Funny things kids say & do

I'm 35 weeks pregnant...

Yesterday DS announces loudly, in public, 'Daddy said after baby brother comes that Mummy is going to try to make me a sister. I might end up with two brothers though.'

DH swears he only said, 'maybe', when DS asked him if he'd get a baby sister one day....

Double post
    Last edited by JLeigh29; November 22nd, 2013 at 01:49 PM.

DD1 (4yrs) to her great grandmother: 'You need to cut off all your droopy skin and get some new skin'.

ROFL

DD came running in after daycare today and gave me a big hug, as usual. Then she got a gorgeous look on her face and whispered "Mummy, I'll tell you a secret!" I said ok, thinking it would be about the Christmas decorations they're making at daycare. But she got all excited, put her face right up to my ear and said "your birthday cake!"

ROFL it's my birthday tomorrow and nothing at all was happening because it was DHs 30th last Saturday. Turns out he'd ordered me a cake on the way home from daycare today and sh wasn't able to keep the secret!

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast