Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things kids say & do

Question

Last night I came out to find Noah sitting at the dining room table playing. Upon closer inspection I found he was playing with my tampons. I asked him what he was doing with them and he told me there were his space ships. He had started to unwrap one so I let him play with that one but took the rest off him. They are too expensive fo r him to play with,

What things have your kids found ammusing to play with???

ROFL Trish. That reminded me of my sister. When she was about 2 and a half, she got mums good old surfboard pads and had them all stuck to the wall of her bedroom. The entire pack. And they weren't like the ones we have these days. They were the really thick ones with the thin adhesive strip - so there were all ruined.

Erin has done herself up beautifully with my makeup. I can't think of anything Lindsay used to play that he shouldn't have. Paige is yet to do anything like that.

Maggie plays with the cat flap, she loves putting thing out it. So far I have found the remote control, her socks, hairbrush, biscuits and pens. Oh and she likes to walk around with DH's undies around her neck (clean of course).

Astrid, glad to hear that the undies are clean

Jillian and Sherie, I can't count the ammount of times my boys have gotten into my make up. It's a real pain especially if you buy stay fast foundation. It really stays fast to your white quilt cover....

Joel - my eldest, decided to "help" with the washing when he was little and emptied a box of Lux soap flakes and fabric softener all over my laundry. Smelt great but a buggar to clean up. Oh yeah, he was also good for sitting at the fridge and smashing the eggs on the floor. Even worse to clean up. Runny eggs.... Bleeerrrggg

Kameron had all my good makeup in the sandpit. I haven't brought makeup since. That is really the only "personal" items the kids have got into that i know off LOL

Love

Our bath doesn't always make noises as it's draining so when it does we have the conversation "Who put the noisy water in the bath?" "Did you put noisy water in the bath Alexzander?" "No? Maybe daddy put the noisy water in?" "Nooo it wasn't daddy, it was mummy!!!"

LOL about the tampsons Trish. My friend's mum told my friend's little brother years ago that tampons were for bloody noses. Sooo when he had one off he went to the bathroom & came up with a tampon shoved up him nose - at 10 years old hehehe!

Zander's into bras, he'll get them out of the clean washing and wonder round the house with them. He also has an obssession with all of my sister's bras. She has the funky ones with charms, ribbons, gems etc on them so nearly every time Zander see her, he pulls her top down to have a look!

Trish, doesn't miss Tehya have a thing for sling shots

Olivia loves the junk mail.......will sit on the floor for ages "reading" all the specials! When she was younger her favourite game was to play with all the attachments/nozzles out of the vacuum......she went through a month of inisting on taking the upholstery brush bit to bed with her........strange child........

Charlie has just started crawling and is also fantatical about the dog flap....but his favourite is to trash the vertical blinds.......

PSML Sarah. I forgot to mention girls that a few weeks back DP friends were over and Tehya decided to go through the dirty washing basket and walked out into the loungeroom with one of my black g strings. Marks mate saw it first and says "oh look a sling shot" was very embarrarssed to say the least.

Maddy never got into anything, Indah gets into the dog biscuits & sucks on them before sharing them with Poppy!?

But I was mortified the day I went for my license I was 18 & 3 days!!!
    I had done my driving bit, was waiting to have eyes tested & then the photograph before getting paper license... They called my name, I stood up in a room full of people, I was nervous & dropped my handbag, a stack of tampons fell out & rolled all over the place about 20 of them! I grabbed my bag shoved my purse back in & kepy walking, as i turned back there were all these people scuttling around picking up my tampons off the floor, I pretended I had no idea & that they werent mine, but this one guy about 30ish was yelling "Miss, excuse me miss, you dropped your" Then he just stopped & didnt say anything... I was bright red!!!! I wish the floor would open up & suck me in....

Usually I find the $100 toy pushed to the side & the plastic box is all the kids are playing with.

I bought Maddy for her 2nd birthday a very expensive doll it was $119 it would talk, drink, pee etc, not baby alive but like that, it was on special & so I grabbed it for $104, I was so excited, she unwrapped it & said, Oh, I hate dolls!!!!

She loved the spoon, bowls, nappies, socks & the box, but we agve the doll away 6 months later to the poor kids!!!! (we donated it to an orphanage in Bali!)

Alex loves playing with tampons, he says they're his "big crayons"?!?!?!?

Ned prefers dirt and grass to anything else. Including milk arrowroot biscuits. He'll put the biscuit down and eat the grass!

We've managed to hide more of the "personal" items... a la "Parenthood"...

Kell Guest

I was visiting a friends house who has a daughter the same age as Molly and she was having a rough time, was exhausted etc. Anyway Molly and her friend were jumping on friends and DH's bed when Molly came out with a (used YUK YUK YUK) condom asking "What's this mummy". Friends obviously hadnt cleaned up from the night b4 and was SOOO embarrased. I was in shock and grabbed the wipes i had in my bag and washed Molly's hands like never b4, LOL! OMG it was bad, but i can laugh now

OMG Kel, I would've been mortified, as I'm sure your friend was. I am laughing, but truely I feel terrible for doing so

My GF's daughter came out with one of her mum's "toys" one day and wanted to play with it.

Ahhh, don't you just love kids

Some background first, my mum looks after Zander on Fridays while I work. In winter she always has lip gloss cos her lips get cracked in the cold. So for the last few weeks she has been putting it on Zander & with the lid on he has been "putting it on" her and himself.

Tonight we were at a party for Zander's godmother, it was with her friends & we had only ever met one of them before, and Zander had only seen her once or twice (Kirsty). So tonight at the party he was playing with my lip gloss happily by himself. Kirsty came over, puckered her lips & said to Zander "can I have some?". Instead of putting the lip gloss on her, he leaned over and gave her a big sloppy kiss.

I've just been reminded of a really funny story from Thursday....

Zander was supposed to be sleeping but he was in his cot calling out MUMUMUMUMUMUM.
    I went in & he starts talking then did this fake laugh. It was the funniest thing!

Kimberley's latest funny saying is "daddy you are too old to play"

Atm, Nicholas keeps calling Rob 'babe" as this is what Rob and I call each other most times. Its kinda cute but people look at us if he says it out in public.

LOL Kazz our Nicholas does that too

My in laws take Nick swimming every saturday, so last saturday they took him and when they brought him home MIL couldn't stop laughing, i asked her what she was laughing for and she said that Nick had embarressed them at the swimming centre, apparently when MIL took him into the changing room he did a "bottom burp" he then turns to MIL and says
    " Nan, i did stinky farts" All the other parents started laughing and MIL didn't know what to say:eek:

How cute is this - Zander has a table that he puts his drink on, when he's finished his drink I tell him to put his drink on the table, same goes for apples, biscuits etc. So this morning he was reading his books & when I finished reading one I told him to put it back on the table and get another book for me to read. I was actually meaning on the table where some of his other books are kept, but off he toddled to his "drink table" and put his book there. Awwwww.

Also this morning I got him out of bed & he ran into the loungeroom straight for the cupboard where the stereo is and started dancing!! I followed him in & he looked up at me & started dancing more obviously. I asked if he wanted the music on and I got a big nod Can you tell we were listening to CDs yesterday!!

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast