Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things kids say & do

OMG on the paint stain ...

Caitlin was doing normal painting last summer in the back room and I had half an eye on her as she was painting her hands to do hand prints and then painting her feet to do footprints ... fine ... I must not have looked for a few minutes cos she had stripped off and painted herself from hairline to toenail in green paint. She told me she was being a frog.

I took pictures of her and then took her in the front yard and chased her around with the hose to clean her off, she loved that. Paint in every crevice. eek.

Barb.

did you guys know that to get vaseline out of kids hair you need to use orange oil based industrial degreaser.....
    need i say more
    p.s. remember its times two for twin trouble for me!!!
    odette

We have dirt at the end of our concrete and when it rains it's a big mud bath that the boys just itch to get into. Thank god it's outside! I've got them on video getting into it. Very funny.

Inside the house it's a full on throwing stuff around fest. Yesterday while I was in the shower it was both toy boxes emptied, cushions of the couch, the news paper strewn around and ripped up, my bed stripped and when I busted them they were in the act of getting into the tupperware cupboard. Thank goodness it was all stuff that can just be put away.

A new pet!

MUMMY, SNAKE!

OMG I run outside quicksmart to see Mason holding a worm.

LMHO at the two boys almost fighting over who gets to hold the poor worm. Poor wormie.

DH arrived home and convinced Mason to bury it. Angus was digging around trying to retreive the poor thing.

I told DH to mow the lawn 'cos now I am paranoid about a snake.

Lily normally sits/plays on the floor on her doona and there is a 'v' shaped pillow there too for if she falls so she doesnt hit her head on the tiles. I've just now noticed that every time DF goes out Lily will have a huge scream/cry and then lay on the pillow with her whole body, cuddle up to it and sulk then go to sleep. It is so adoreable. I think it may be because DF sits on the floor with her occasionally and she can smell him on it or something. So sweet.

My 3 yr old was having a bit of a overtired sook just before and had snot running down his nose from crying. He told me that he had naughty people up his nose pushing the snot out!

I thought that was so funny I just had to share!

Lily had the tissue box and was pulling out the tissues and she put one up to her nose and blew. It was so cute! She did it 2-3 more times. Her snotty nose must be getting to her lol!

This morning Mr Mason got up and before coming to see me changed into his superman suit. Silly me left it on the lounge room floor last night as I was too darn slack to tidy up last night.
    Problem was it's creche day today and there is a strict no superhero suit policy and there was NOOOO WAAAY he was taking it off. So he's eating his breakfast and it hit me. Spill his drink over it!
    As I was taking away his cereal bowl I "accidently" knocked the cup over and spilt juice all over him and the superman suit (and wall and floor and chair, oh well gotta pay the price for my scheming somehow!).
    "Oh no, Mummy you spilled it. Gotta put the superman suit in the washing machine now". And he started stripping off. He even carried it to the laundry and put it in the machine.
    He wanted me to wash it then and put it in the dryer so he could wear it again straight away but he started shivering. I had to dress him as he was cold. Then it was time to go and the superman suit was totally forgotten about.

Ooooh Sammi, that was a good one.

I have several tricks I've used...

When Lindsay was little, he wanted flavoured milk all the time and being the good first time Mum that I was, i wouldn't let him have it. So when he would protest at not getting any flavour, I'd get the bottle of topping and pretend to put some in, and then shake it up and give it to him and he didn't even realise it wasn't in there.

I also used to pretend that lids were stuck if they wanted some more juice or cordial or whatever it was at the time. I'd get the bottle and pretend to really strain myself trying to open it and say I just can't get it open and then they would be happy with that and forget about it.

Another one I do now for Paige, is when she doesn't want to get dressed/changed she will just run away and hide behind the lounge, so I either make out I have a lolly in my hand or I just cover my eyes like I'm playing peek-a-boo and it gets her everytime. She just can't resist coming over to me.

Olivia thinks that the Wiggles go to bed at 1pm. After lunch, when she is tired, she will often ask for "Wiggles please" so my answer is "Oooh no darling, Wiggles have all gone to bed to sleep." and she usually then goes "Shhhh, Wiggles asleep" and toddles off to her bedroom for HER sleep!

Or my other trick is to keep an empty box of crackers in the pantry so when she asks for "More biscuits please" I can say "Biscuits all gone" and show her the empty box and then she knows not to bother asking again!!

Long may I be able to con her........

mrmoo Guest

Default Toddler Speak

While miss 2 year old learns how to speak, some words are just too cute to not to share, such as:

a Horse is: a Whee because their sound is "weeeeeee" (((high pitched))) - her version of neigh;
    a Tiger is: a Rahr because their sound is "raahhhrrr" (((low rumble growl)))
    a Cat is: a Cow she's still learning that one.

My 3 year old calls swimming goggles "Boggles" it's so funny when he runs around asking where his boggles are

When Olivia was three our friends had a dog called Elmo..she would say tum here elbow..elbow..tum here

Jo

Zeke calls his swimming goggles "gobbles" and a friend named Angela is called "Angel".

Aidyn calls a duck 'cack cack' (as in quack quack)

T used to call his(my) boobie a bubble and call a bottle a "dopple"
    he also calls octupi ( or octopusses) henry after henry the octopus from the wiggles hes actually a really good talker for his age though he did make up a word "gadiga" which meant jewellery or biscuit ... i have never made the connection but it was cute

Oh yeah... Aidyn calls his bottles 'boggles, or goggles' LOL

After easter last year Angus loved to ask for Co-koss (chocolate). Trev and I still say that one.
    Mason didn't talk till he was 2 1/2 so everything was sounds. He knew all of his animal sounds but the cutest was for all insects he'd buzz, including a trail of ants outside which made him go nuts.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast