Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things kids say & do

My nephew once when asked what he wanted for dinner said a Cue B Bar...? We were all confused & were walking around the house pointing to everything with the fridge open etc & he just kept shaking his head, then he pointed outside & we were all confused til he took us outside & pointed to the Barbecue!!!! ](*,)

Maddison was given a tiny sparkly pom pom from a craft shop & it was her favourite thing, she carried it in her pockets everywhere & it was called Parkle parkle (but really fast)... for sparkle sparkle!!!

layla Guest

I love toddler talk, soooo cute!

Sean had a few cute ones: Flowers were "Fuvvers", Weetbix was Beek-bitz.
    The funniest one of all was what a Duck says: "Wa*k- W*nk"! A bit embarrasing at playgroup when singing Old MacDonalds farm! :shock:

Stormi Guest

LOL, these are all making me laugh. My eldest two are now 7 and 4, and DH and I STILL refer to certain things by what they used to say when they were little.

The best one came from my 7 year old (when he was little). We used to have a hug and kiss goodnight and an eskimo kiss (rub noses). He used to call it a "moki" from eskiMO KIss. We still say "moki".

4 year old had some speech problems and when he was around 2.5 or 3 and we'd get McDonalds, he used to say "We having back door house" - that's how he said McDonalds.

For some reason, Lindsay would call Doug's motorbike a 'yee-yay' :-k and it did stick for quite awhile too. Erin comes out with some absolute gems. Her most memorable was Friar fruck for fire truck. Paige doesn't talk yet, so will be interesting to see what her funny little words will be.

Janae's been pretty good with her talking, I think coz she spent the year between 1yo and 2yo living in a house with 8 adults, but one that has stuck - and I don't know where on earth she got it from - is icy poles are 'snoopys'. I don't know where the heck she picked it up, but everyone seemed to adopt it, including friends of ours. They come round to our house and ask if we have any snoopys!

Oh, and we bought her the 'Barbie of Swan Lake' DVD, and she calls it 'Barbie of One Leg'.

Bel

jojozep Guest

My DD (6 weeks old) has already learnt every way humanely possible to both break out of a wrap, and keep herself awake

My DD (4yo) has an amazing memory and is able to repeat everything said to her work for word - I was just in the shower, heard the phone ringing, jumped out just in time to hear her say - "Mums having a shower so she can shave the jungle thats growing out of her undies, I'm not allowed to disturb her."

Smile

My friends son had to write a blurb at Kinder for Mothers day and it went like this: My mum likes to drink Champagne for morning tea! You've got to love them!

That is hilarious and reminds me of DD 3 years ago. My then boyfriend (now DH) just moved in, and Tilly went to pre school and told the teachers "my mums NEW boyfriend (as though I had many) does poo on the toilet seat and makes me clean it up" !!! HOLY MOLY< Ive never been so embarrassed in my whole life. Lucky they worked with kids and knew the stories they spin!! I assume it was DD trying to work out how Dh fitted in the family, and maybe a little attention seeking!! Pretty gifted! xo

Maddison was in the bath about age 3 & I was in the shower facing away from her shaving for a night of romance with DH...
    We lived in a unit & the elderly people in the back unit were outside our bathroom window gardening...
    Maddison says "Mum you missed some hair, I can still see some between your legs" I turn around & give her the look of 'SHHHHHHH' She says, "Well you have you've still got a patch of hair on your vagina!"

Funnily enough DH was out in the backyard talking to them whilst gardening & not having English as his first language comes inside & tells me "The neighbours are weird they both began giggling for no reason!"

HAHA!! What a laugh!

My 3yo dd comes out with some beauties too - especially now that ds is here!
    DH calls dd 'chops' and ds 'steak' don't ask me why - he's strange...anyway we were all sitting down watching tv, Janae comes in and walks over to the rocker where ds is, puts on her best 'baby' voice and says 'Oh there you are you little mistake'. HAHA it was hilarious!!!

Bel

I'm PMSL at these stories!!!

They remind me of a long running story in our family..

When my sister was born i was 2 and a half. I used to tell people all sorts of things but when sis was a couple of days old we walked down to get the mail from our letterbox as the postie arrived.I promptly announced to the postie that "my mummy had blood in her fanny"!!!my poor mother has never been so embarrassed in her life and quickly shuttled me inside. Needless to say i never saw another postie until i was 18!!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hahahahahahahahahaha PMSL What we all have to look forward too huh? That's a classic.

I was once watching my granny put on her make up in the bathroom and I asked her what she was doing and she said "Making myself look beautiful" and I said "Well it's not working is it?" LOL She laughed and laughed at that one.

kirsty Guest

I have had the toilet commentary too BUT from James in the ladies loo. All I could do was laugh & turn bright red as we walked out of the cubicle & had to face all the women waiting.

PMSL. I have way too many of those moments. I remember once when Joel was little he was only a skinny. Anyway we'd been telling him he needed to put on weight. We were having dinner at Pizza Hut and there was a rather large man standing next to us. In his loudest boice possibe "MUMMY, YOU KNOW HOW I HAVE TO PUT ON WEIGHT, DO I HAVE TO GET THAT FAT!!!" Of course the man heard him and I quickly apologised, but you should've seen the look.
    Kids - you got to love them

cazoraz Guest

Awww they're so gorgeous and innocent at this age arent they? Only 2.5yr old can get away with it!

Lucy is almost 3 and has a fascination with body parts, she likes to tell people in the supermarket what they have (in case they dont already know!) So we'll be walking down the aisles and she'll say "Look mummy, lady has boobies!" and when they lady smiles at me (usually) Lucy often then turns to the lady and says "My mummy has boobies!" and tries to lift up my top to show them off!

Grosby Guest

That's priceless Kellie, I can relate, Mitchell tells me and everyone else in the toilet for that matter that I do wees from my bottom and him and Daddy do them from their Willies! You often here a few giggles coming from the other cubicles!! Too cute though.

Since Harry was about 2 we have had animals in our drain who drink the bathwater as it empties. It started when he asked me why the bath was so noisy when it empties and I told him there was a friendly dinosaur who drinks the water! Well he was happy with that explanation and has never been scared of the water sucking down the drain. Recently the dinosaur turned into a cat, as Harry decided the water sucking sounded like a cat (and it does a bit too), so we had 'Mr Cat' in our drain for a couple of weeks, but now he is gone and we have an elephant instead!

When Olivia used to ponder on where the bath water all went we told her it drained down the pipe, down the hill into the bush to give the koalas a drink.........(we have koalas in our garden.....so this made sense to her......)

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast