Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Entertaining/Party Food (inc Dips)

Damn I just lost my post...

I was saying YUMMMMMMMM I am getting hungry thinking of all this food...

Do you reckon I could put cheese on the fruit skewers???

AND MG - Do you wanna come and cater it for me???? LOL

Mel, you could but it would depend on the cheese and if everyone likes cheese - maybe do half with and half without? And I would come cater for you but am in the middle of exams and am having the WORST nausea and tiredness ATM! I even had to do a nanna nap today! It's taken me ALL day to write one paragraph for this stoopid essay! LOL! But I hope you have a GREAT baby shower! I can email receipies if you want anything expanded.
    But if I have a baby shower, you can all come and stuff yourselves silly!

MG - What are you studying?

nursing - not even food related!

But a lovely career!!! Speaking from experience too!! What year are you up too and how are you going to fit in that little one!?!?!?! (Says me who is studying too)

Final year. Am taking maternity leave from work around christmas and hopefully will start a grad year either mid 07 or in sept 07 depending on where I can get one. otherwise I will go back to work and do grad year in 08.

cheese and pinapple on a stick (toothpick) stuck into a foil-wrapped jacket potato!

That was all the rage in the 1980s over here, can't think why it died out.

LOL after all of MG's suggestions... I only have one left!

At my baby shower we had brownies with felt nappies over them in pink & blue.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Wow, well I have nothing to add except I am definitely up for a party at MG's place

MG, I love all your suggestions. We are having family here next Sunday for the kids birthdays (DS & DD are a day apart), it's an afternoon tea thing and I'm sure I'll be putting heaps of your suggestions on the menu.

I'll put my hand up for your party too. Perhaps us BB girls can give you a BB Baby shower down the track a bit!

ooh! Wardygirl, for kiddies parties, put a little jelly in a cup and let it set, then add snakes or freddo's and add a different colour jelly and let it set! They love those! Or add sprinkles to the jelly. For older people, add things like little drink umbrellas!

Ice the cup cakes and top with lollies to make a face! (I like doing cupcakes instead of a big cake because then they can take it home without crushing it too much and they don't have to have it right away. Sometimes if you cut a cake it dries out. You could position the cupcakes to make a number or something)

you could make wedges for them (but baked instead of fried. Just cut the spuds and chuck in the over at 180 for about 45 minutes topped with a little olive oil. You could sprinkle paprika or chicken salt on them before cooking for extra flavour)

One my mum used to do was get ordinary biscuits like arrowroot and ice with coloured icing - cost effective and not bad tasting to kiddies.

honey crackles are always a hit with kids (receipe on the side of most cornflake boxes)

have fun at the party!

Is this what you're bringing to the meet Fletch?

In a cute country cottage in the south west of WA

Thumbs up

Oh i have a good one!
    It's my favourite and it's so easy!
    It's Spinach dip. And i know it sounds disgusting but it is really yummy!
    I can't find the recipe, but i'll do my best to remember

You need:
    one packet of frozen spinach
    one tub of sour cream (lite i think, probably doesnt make a difference)
    one can of water chestnuts
    one packet of spring vegetable soup mix
    one spring onion (i dont add this..)

Cook the spinach as the packet says. Drain as much liquid as possible from it.
    Cut the water chestnuts and spring onion finely.
    Combine the sour cream and the soup, add spinach, water chestnuts and spring onions. Mix well.
    Serve with crackers.

Yum, i have all the ingredients to make it, i think i might have to go do it now!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

For corn relish dip all you need to do is buy a jar of corn relish and mix it with cream cheese or sour cream.

LOL the first thing I thought of when I saw this post was corn relish dip because that's the only one I know how to make!

That spinach dip sounds lovely! Hey Fletch do you think that's the same one that you and I were demolishing a few weeks ago that was in the big bread roll?

Mum always made french onion dip just with soup mix and sour cream.

Spicy Avocado Dip

2 medium fully ripe avocados, peeled, pitted
    1 container (16 oz.) BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
    1/4 cup green onion slices
    1 envelope GOOD SEASONS Ranch Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix
    1 Tbsp. lime juice
    1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)

MASH avocados with fork or potato masher until smooth.
    ADD remaining ingredients; mix until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
    SERVE with WHEAT THINS Snack Crackers, cut-up fresh vegetables or chips.
    There ya go.. just google it Fletch lol. Actually, the womens weekly site has pretty good recipes on it.. dunno about dips.

You can also do a gherkin one with a jar of gherkin relish and philly cheese, or sweet chilli sauce and philly cheese.

How to make dips, the Ryn way:

1. Go to the supermarket
    2. Go to the "dips" section.
    3. Pick some dips.
    4. Pay for them and go home.

Seriously, I thought making dips looked like more trouble than it was worth! LOL. I like sour cream and chive, or garlic and herb, and I know I'm way too lazy to be bothered with standing and chopping up chives, garlic and herbs when I know DH will help me eat it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast