Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Mothers Group In Cairns!

rhyb Guest

Nothing lol Im in all I need to know is when and where. It seems we all have the 'little' bubs (no running away just yet) so I guess that makes it easier.

rhyb!! Hey Hon I have been keeping an eye out for you around the place. How are you? Since the shopping centers are offically mad houses and it is too hot to do the great outdoors I will offer my house as a meeting place! (I am not going to post address and that here!! Email or PM for more details!!) I have air con comfy seats and 2 pools in the complex if swiming is desired. I realise next week is Christmas but Monday or Tuesday is good for us...Will wait to hear back

rhyb Guest

Yea sounds good Amy either day is good for us we do nothing exciting lol

Well I tentatively (if that is even nearly spelt right!) Tuesday afternoon say around 1pm?? I shall provide plently of cold drink and possible some afternoon tea of some sorts!! You can email me at a.orr@bigpond.com to sort out the rest!!

rhyb Guest

Sorry my email has bitten the dust atm *sigh* could you please PM me the address and I shall see you there??

Hi ladies,
    If you are interested, there is a playgroup that meets on Wednesday mornings, 10-12,at the Uniting Church just near the Smithfield pool. Lovely group of mums and bubs there -all ages (oldest baby is about 2, but any age welcome). I have been going for about a month or so, and really enjoy the company of the mums there. If you want to know more, naomimarketing@hotmail.com - feel free to email me.
    If you are too far from there, I'm always keen for catchups at Muddy's. Just hollah!
    Naomi

Hey all I am ex cairns and soon to come back ( never should have moved out )

anyway there are heaps of playgroups in you look for them in Cairns the best thing to do is ring up Queensland playgroup ass or google them and find out where the closes playgroup is to you and see if they have any placement for you...

I used to go to one in smithfield commuity house which had a group every day, and a lovely one in edmonton which too has one every day, so just look them up and they are there....

I have 3 winkies 8 5 and 2 and hope to TTC #4 next year so as I will be down to one next year I would love to catch up as she needs to see some kids her age....

( I too was once apone a time a "young mum" so dont be afraid of me even though I am now a old fart I know how hard it can be to be a younger mum sometimes... )

Hi Naomi~~ I have been meaning to find out more about that playgroup...

Tali~~ The Smithfield community house is closing soon, sometime in the new year and the playgroups listed on the site are all either full or not really interested in a baby like Bethany, I know I called about 6!! I did go visit one that said it liked babies and wasn't full but felt so...well out...noone said hi. I think a lot of playgroups start from the new mothers groups at the health centres. All the mums know each other and have something in common and well it is hard to be the newbie. I don't know if our mothers group will start one as most mums head back to work next year. I will start the playgroup hunt again next year. I really want to find one for me and for Bethany just so far no luck.(PS I must be a super old new mum I am not that much younger than you!!!)

Rhyb~~ Did you get the PM??

lol not old at all just normal aged mum I think.... the one I went to in edmonton ( friday group) was really nice very friendly ladies I hope to be going back in April...

I know those blooming lists are a pain in the bum chum... its a good idea to look at the heath center ask someone at the big smithfield one they might be able to help you out... I always wished I had a new mum and bub group when I had DS ( you only get to do it with your first ) but we moved around too much Otherwise I will be back in April living on the nth side / beaches so I will look you up... and let you know if I track one down...

We live northside too, Currently Redlynch but we may move sometime mid next year but stay in the general area. I'll will start the hunt again in the new year But I will take you up on that catch up regardless!!!

Hey Rhyb, can you let me know sometime today or over the weekend if you got my PM and if everything is cool for next week?? Thanks

Hi Amy,
    It is a bit weird how some groups are not very welcoming - it's happened to me too. It came as a big surprise to me, as it seems to go against the whole concept.

Anyway, just thought I would reply re your experience, as every mum I have met that has tried out playgroups, has had one or more playgroup visits that have upset them (or at least made them feel very unwelcome). You are not alone. Don't let it stop you
    Naomi

Thanks Naomi! I thought it was werid too but I am glad that other people have had the same experiance, at least it isn't just me!!! LOL

rhyb Guest

Sorry Amy yeah next tuesday sounds good will see you there ok??
    OOP g2g DS is up

See ya tomorrow!!!

Rita&Jessica Guest

Hi everyone,

My name is Rita and I have a 10 month old baby girl Jessica. I moved to Cairns from London just over a year ago. Due to not having driver's license until just a month ago I wasn't able to make friends or meet mums with babies.

If anyone is interesting to get together and let our beautiful angels play please let me know rita.matuzka@yahoo.co.uk

I went to Squeekers once (on Bruce Hwy) and Jessica loved it! However, I had to pay $3 to use the play ground. Which isn't much as long as your angel is happy!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care
    Rita

Default Unsure

Hi all

I know this is a mothers chat site, but i was looking for some advice. My partner is in the Navy and will be posting to Cairns in July, but I might be able to get a job up there sooner. I'm 20 in July and don't know if I can handle being in a strange city, knowing no one and by myself for 4-5 mths. I currently live in Bendigo Vic with my parents (only recently moved back from Canberra as that place is a back hole) and he lives in Canberra, we are without each other atm anyway but I wanted to know everyones opinion on coming up before him without any friends or support network. We dont have kids yet but are seriously thinking about starting to try for a baby.

Any advice would be good.

Thanx

Loz

Hey SP, I am exnavy wife ( might be again if BHL loses his job anytime soon ) anyway its a hard life to be a navy wife/partner....

Cairns is what you make it if you go there with the mine sight that you will hate it and want find any friends then you can bet your bottem dollar that thats whats going to happen... but Cairns is a very open and friendly place to be, everyone is willing to be friends if you want them to be...

Beening Navy you will be able to go the the commuity centre and meet people that way but most will be mothers but they wont care most can be friendly... If your partner if joining a boat then once he has settled in get him to invite the boys and wives over for a BBQ its the best way to meet the girls, and lets face it if you get to know them they are going to be your support net work while he is away seeing as their partners are going to away at the same time he is....

Best of luck with the move... the navy life can be hard on a lot of relationships just remember that its him you love and this is what he does for a living so you are going to be comitting yourself to this life style so there is no point in getting angry at the boys while thay are at sea and cant do anything about what happens at home...

there is a defence thread in here somewhere I will try to dig it up for you and post the link...
    BBL

Ok here is the link just click HERE
    Last edited by New Dawn; February 6th, 2009 at 11:09 AM.

rhyb Guest

Hey SP Im a Cairns local. Im Rhiannon Im 19 and my family are from Bendigo (scary huh??) If youre looking for people to talk to up here Im a mum of one 8 month old Aiden and am always interested in meeting people. Hope you enjoy the move.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast