Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Mothers Group In Cairns!

Anybody else have a new born that would like to meet up. My baby girl was born 29/4/09.

Quote Originally Posted by Rita&Jessica View Post
    I absolutely agree with you Naomi! I have introduced myself and offered mums and bubs to meet up, however, no one replied. Probably because I'm not Australian. All I can say is that I will not waste anymore time on these websites. I think you just have to get out there and find nice, friendly people.

I moved to Cairns from London more than a year ago. And I feel that I've made the biggest mistake! People in UK are so much more accepting. Oh well...

Take care

Rita

hey Rita,

how are you? im also from uk and having trouble meeting mums have you had any luck yet? well if your ever free for a coffee let me know. my bub is nearly 5 months now

look forward to hearing from you

kim

hi everyone,

ive been in cairns a few weeks now and finding it hard to find new mums... im 24 and our bub is nearly 5 months we have just moved to kanimbla. we go to a mothers group in edge hill on fri mornings but would love to meet some other mums any one interested in coffee etc etc please email me katherton_2000@yahoo.co.uk we re very easy going and just want to talk any other language other than gaa gaa

hope to hear from someone

kim

From reading back through the posts there seems to be a number of us BB mums who want to meet up and we never quite get there!! Now after dramas with my DD and her feeding and everything else we are finally able to get out and about again so can I suggest this:

Next Thursday 11/6 at 12.30pm we have a lunch time meet up. Muddy's down at the espanade would probably be nice cause there are things for older siblings to play on and grass and trees for those not quite climbing yet!! If we each brought a plate/something to share of the nibbly variety we could sit and get to know each other. If the weather isn't agreeable as it has been a bit unpredictable lately, I can offer my house as a venue. Or we can skip muddys and come here, I am at Trinity Beach. I have a large undercover patio which would be fine.
    So girls what do you think??

hey amy

sounds good to me... ill keep checking to make sure venue doesnt change or text me 0404747019 ... looking forward to it

kim

If it looks like we are changing to my place I will jump on here Wednesday sometime to give everyone time to give me mobile numbers etc so I can send the address out, I don't quite trust the internet enough to just stick it on out there!! LOL (I also think my husband would appricate it if I didn't)

So that makes 2 of us....plenty more room girls!!!

If I can make it I will come too. Amy I have ur number so I will text u if I dont get back on here before then.

rhyb Guest

Im in Amy Ill text you darl

Hello Cairns gals!!
    It looks like we will have a great day for a meet up on Thursday so in case you have forgotten here are the details....

12.30 @ Muddy's Playground.
    If you would like to bring something for us to share for lunch that would be awesome.
    Bethany and I will try to get there a bit early and stake out a good spot, so that we can find each other without having to get lost, send texts and all of the above, at the risk of seeming a bit silly we will tie a balloon or two where we are!!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!

MEET UP DAY!!!!
    Its gorgeous out there (pity those poor southern gals!!) So we will see you 12.30pm at Muddy's!!

Amy, how did the meet up go today? Sorry I missed it. Hope you got my text.

Hey! Yeah I got your txt and just never got to reply
    There was just me and Kim and we had a good old chin wag. It was lovely at Muddies today too.
    Hope the girls are feeling better soon. Send them hugs from us!!

Perfect day for Muddies today. Let me know when you want to catch up and we'll organise something!

Default Calling all young mummies!!!

Hi there everyone,
    My name is Jess, 20. I have recently moved to Cairns- Clifton Beach- with my daughter Mikaylah going on 15months who LOVE LOVE LOVES the company of other kids. So we are really keen to meet some young mummies and bubbies
    Im not sure how this all works, but il leave my email addy if ANYONE is interested in a catch up jessiie.morgan@gmail.com

We look forward to meeting someone, soon?!

Jess and Miakyalah x

welcome to BB jess, there are plenty of playgroups around Cairns just go to Qld playgroup web site and you will be able to find the ones close too you, sometimes it takes a few playgroups to find the right fit for you, but keep going you will find the right one for you ... I am not a young mum nor do I live in Cairns ATM but I am desperate to get back...

I know there are a few Cairns mums on here who I am sure will help you out...

while you are on BB you should check out your Baby born group for the month and years your DD was born they are always a great support net work even if they arent IRL...

Hi Jess
    Welcome to Cairns and BB, although Cairns is pretty dusty at the moment it is usually much nicer!! We have a couple of mums and we try to get together when we can but lately have all been plauged by sick kiddies, although there seems to be sun on the horizon!! Muddies is a fav for us all to meet up and I know that Bethany (my DD) is keen for a trip there soon. But maybe after school hols so the little ones don't get trappled!! Either way just keep an eye in here or around the place and you will see our meet ups
    Hope to meet you soon

Amy

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast