Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Any Mothers Group In Cairns!

I'm here too I've just been a little slack with the meet ups due to morning sickness, Christmas etc. But now that things are settling down hope to meet all you lovely ladies.

Hi Ladies
    Thankyou so much for your replies. I would love to meet up. I need to be around some babies so I can find out what to do lol. This will be my first.
    I just arrived in Cairns today. I don't have a car yet but am happy to bus it or take a taxi somewhere to meet up on the weekends.
    I am only about 6 weeks pregnant... so don't really want to broadcast it on facebook yet until I know everything is ok. I have my first scan at the end of next week and can't wait!
    Mel

Hi all,
    I've recently moved to Cairns too, does anyone mind if Riley & I pop along to the mothers group?

dawn

melsbaby - how'd the scan go? and an official 'welcome to Cairns'

motherhood newby - welcome to Bellybelly!

Maybe we should actually arrange a meetup now LOL. What day and area would suit everyone? I have a car, so I can go anywhere.

Thank you Jodi.
    I have a car and willing to drive anywhere too. Is there maybe a big park or an indoor playcentre in the Cairns area? I'm hoping to get Riley into swimming lessons at Redlynch on Wednesdays, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Dawn

Indoor play centres - there's Squeekers at Edmonton or Geckos at Smithfield. Both are fairly ordinary but Geckos would be the better out of the two. There's also Muddy's on the Esplanade (water park, swings, cafe etc).
    Swimming lessons are great! We have a pool and have always had the girls in swimming lessons.

Hi gals
    I dont have a car yet but can cab it anywhere, I work weekdays from 8-4:30 so can meet any other time apart from that but I can also catch up for lunch or coffee during the day if its in the city.
    My first scan went really well - it was a dating scan and was just what I expected. Even though bub is only half a centimetre I saw the heartbeat which was pretty cool
    Meli

Hi all,

Welcome to Cairns ladies.
    I'm in the Raintrees area, but can manage to get to most places.Sounds like everyone is pretty spread out. Felix is at daycare Mon, weds and Thurs, so you all go ahead and organise something that suits you all and if we can make it we will be there!

Felix started his swimming lessons at C-me-swim in edge hill about 3 weeks ago - its so much fun! And pretty funny!

Zoe (and Felix)

rhyb Guest

How does a Friday sound? Squeekers is near me Aiden loves it.

Smile Hello fello mums in Cairns

Hi I have been reading your posts and feeling excited to know there are other mums out there to hang out with. I am new in Cairns and am not working at the moment but looking. I have a 4 year old who is in daycare a couple of days a week at the moment and I am due with our new family member in October - would love to meet up sometime. I live in the city and have a car... Muddy's would be good?

Welcome to BellyBelly gaylejayne! There was a meetup off Facebook at Mudy's tomorrow, but due to the weather it's changed to Monday 15th now. If you're on Facebook let me know if you want and I can add you to that group. It looks like it's mostly women that don't know anyone else, and they haven't met up before. I won't be able to make it on Monday though.

Quote Originally Posted by MelsBaby View Post
    Hi Ladies
    Thankyou so much for your replies. I would love to meet up. I need to be around some babies so I can find out what to do lol. This will be my first.
    I just arrived in Cairns today. I don't have a car yet but am happy to bus it or take a taxi somewhere to meet up on the weekends.
    I am only about 6 weeks pregnant... so don't really want to broadcast it on facebook yet until I know everything is ok. I have my first scan at the end of next week and can't wait!
    Mel
    Hey mel , Congrats on the news , im due end of may so im a mother in waiting , i know how long the road must seem , but any ways , feel free to add me on facebook and i wont mention anything in the baby dep till your ready,
    look up chloe patterson , look for a pink and white ute in the pictures
    Chat with you soon

Smile Muddy Monday

Thanks for letting me know Jodi - I'll see if we can make it down. Good to be in touch and looking forward to catching up!

Hi, I was just reading through all your posts and i thought i would reply

I Moved to Cairns in November from Country SA (and lived in Townsville before that), I don't have any friends here in Cairns and i'm having a hard time finding anyone to relate to, As i don't have my drivers license i feel lonely stuck at home. and its quiet overwhelming living in a city again after living in a small country town for 2 years. I just want some other mums to talk to who understand me and don't find me "boring" like my childless friends do. I'm 21, and i have 2 sons, My oldest turns 4 in June and my youngest is 8 months.

Welcome to BellyBelly kiten89! Feel free to join those Facebook groups I mentioned if you use Facebook.
    Whereabouts in Cairns are you living now?

I'm out at Kewarra Beach. I will have a look on facebook now thanks.

Hey i can't find the groups, can you post a link for me? or whats the group name and i'll do a search? Thanks

There's Cairns Mummies and Cairns Parents groups. There's probably more around, but they're the ones I'm on

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast