Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldcoast Playgroups #3

Claire has been staying with her mum at the new place.
    i told her all about it and her and Sam are in.
    I'm sure the blow up ring will be fine Bernie...
    i'll call tomorrow and check if theres any classes on and post a time tomorrow.
    Amy- i hope Mya is feeling better so you guys can come.Claire tells me your little man is growing heaps.
    Cant wait to see everyone
    xoox

Hey girls!! Im here, home and totally and utterly exhuasted!!!!! and the hard bit hasnt even started!!! We have moved all the small stuff but its the big stuff and cleaning the old house tommorrow. AHHHHHHHHHHH. At least I can get out of some of it because im preggas! lol. Its 8.00 and I just want to go to bed.......but I thought I would quickly jump online and see what everyone is up too. I am definitely in for Thurs at the pool. It will be a welcome break. I prob wont be able to go in the water because I dont have boardies that fit around my belly! and dont even mention maternity swimsuits...blah!. Ill let sam have a play in the toddler pool and I can help look after other bubbies.

I cant wait to see everyone!! What time are we going there?

Lol Claire, i wont be getting in the water either, no one needs to see my floppy road map of a tummy just yet

Mya is in much better spirits today & her cold seems to be clearing up. But she has given it to poor little Bodhi by kissing him all the time . I think he should be right tho, he wont be going for a swim.

He really is massive now Gill lol he is like a little buddah!

morning lovely ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just rang the pool and the indoor toddler pool is available between 11.30 and 3.30....
    so shall we make it 11.30?

wonderful.. 11.30 it is..
    Rachel, isnt able to come but Mel is keen as.. so ill text her..

Ill be going in with both, Alexander loves the water..

Gold Coast QLD moved here 2 years ago from Ireland

yep 11.30 good for me what is the name of the street its on so i can look it up on the road map?

11.30 is also good for me

its off Pacific Ave/ sunshine blvd.

Well i was really looking forward to coming, but Mya seems to still be pretty sick So i'm gonna have to miss out today.........if she looks like she has cleared up a bit later on i might still come.......it could just be because of the chill in the air this morning. We'll wait & see i guess

oh amy wah!!! Eden still has a snotty nose every morning!!!!! but i think its what you are saying, her little body was born when it didnt get below 25 at night(or hotter in our house ) and she isnt good with the chilly morning air.
    I hope you are able to come.
    see everyone soon

Have fun today girls I have an assignment due so I better stay home and get it done. DH went back to work last night, hopefully he'll be home full time soon. He has a couple of jobs in the pipeline, will be paid nothing like he is now but atleast he'll be home with us. Was going for a job overseas but really misses us so looks like he'll come here instead.

Dee, it will be great when DH is home full time! Enjoy doing your assignment and we will catch up soon

Amy - hope Mya gets better!

See you all at the POOOLLLL!!!
    Last edited by ~Flossie~; April 19th, 2007 at 09:33 AM. Reason: my spelling!!

Huh just got off phone to DH... DH has a phone interview for the overseas job and got all excited when I relayed the message, looks like he is very interested in this job afterall, if he gets it he will be 10 weeks away 5 weeks home fly in and out of Brisbane. The money is completely crazy, totally obscene, but we just talked about him coming home full time so I'm a little sad that he got excited about this job but I will support him and won't tell him not to take it if he gets it. It won't be forever only about 18 months, it will get rid of our little debts and pay half the house off in that time. So the pros outway the cons, and he will have 5 straight weeks at home, which will be fantastic.

Aww it still kinda sux tho hey Dee I understand how u would be a little sad, i would be aswell. (((hugs))) But like u said the pros do outway the cons & it isn't forever. I guess its just one of those things that has a great long term result. All the best for however it turns out

Thanks Anna, i hope she gets better asap aswell. I need to take her to daycare tomorrow & wont be able to if shes still sick. That was my main reason for not coming to the pool today.......she couldn't handle going there & not ripping her clothes off hehe.

Dee- mixed emotions huh!! 10 weeks is long, but so is 5 weeks home as you say...
    Amy- i hope Mya is getting better
    Bernie- we missed u at the pool.... hope everythings ok.
    It was really nice at the pool today... Hope to see everyone else soon
    xoox

we will have to organise a regular swim date.. Olivia had so much fun and a 3 hour sleep in the afternoon which is almost unheard of!!

Great to soo you Gill & Claire and your little tikes too!

Mel hows things???

Default Elly Update

Hi Ladies,

Hope all is well.

Yesterday we went to see an Peodiatric Orthoped to see what we could do about Elly's dislocated hip.

Well, Elly's hip socket had not formed properly, so she has to have an operation. The operation is going to take place late May early June, the doc is getting back to me with dates.

The senario is, First they have to insert some dye into around the groin area to see if there is any obstruction up to the hip area and to check if the hip is not too high up to beable to get to it from there. If all is ok then they will operate straight away. If not then we have to wait until after she is 1 to operate from the hip area. So regardless she needs an op. After the op she will be in a spica cast for at least 6 wks, the joint is then checked via xray if the joint is fine the cast comes off, if not the cast is replaced. Everytime the cast is replaced she needs to go under a GA. The cast is made of some form of plastic and needs to be changed as Elly grows. For some reason it cant get wet so sponge baths it will be whilst it is on.

Its seems funny but im not extremely stressed about it, i looked at a couple of websites the first time i heard about the problem, so i think i might have assumed that this would be what has to be done.

I have been very lazy with the internet of late, please forgive me.

Take care ladies, i look forward to catching up soon.

Gold Coast QLD moved here 2 years ago from Ireland

Hi everyone sorry i didnt make it swimming something came up that morning .Hope everyone is keeping well ? Mel sorry to hear that little Elly has to have an op my heart goes out to you.its a good thing you researched it so you know what you,s are in for .Keep positive and i hope all goes well for her.Im starting back work tomorrow just going to do a day here and there for some extra cash im glad to be getting back to work but dont know how i will feel leaving Aoife .Will is going to be looking after her so its not to bad she will be fine.. Anyway are we going to meet up next week ? swimming again??? i promise ill turn up this time.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast