Hi girls, I used to post in here but have'nt been on for a while, i should make more of an effort as I know there are lots of girls looking for support at a very difficult time in their lives. I guess it is a waiting game, the best you can do is rest and put your feet up as muc as possible, you can only hope you get caring medical professionals unfortunatly there are a lot out there who just look at it as a natural progression to a pregnancy that is'nt meant to be... but... I am living testimony to that not being factual.
I have 4 children all have been complicated pregancies involving lots of bleeding, my first daughter i had no idea what was happening and was told that it was "normal" to have bleeding in pregnancy, so I plodded along with bleeding throughout the first trimester and into the early part of the second then again around 30 weeks she was born well overdue but in a poor cond due to the placenta not working correctly, luckily it was'nt an ongoing problem and she is fine now..
I then had 3 MC's 12 weeks no bleeding? 8 weeks? slight bleeding when I went for my early US it showed i had already passed the babyand again at 12 weeks blledding from day dot my 12 week Us showed the baby had died...
I desperatly wanted to get pregnanat again and waited the required time frame??? I got pregnant the the month after we started trying, again complicated i was given a 50/50 chance of making it to term, there is'nt really any answers, just take it easy, no sex etc. My bleeding stopped early into the second trim and I had no further problems physically.... menatlly a whole different situation!!!! It robbs you of the innocenace of pregnancy , I am always shocked when people talk about excerise, horse riding ski-ing netball etc during pregnancyI went on to give birth to a healthy baby boy, his placenta was extremly calcified and had extra lobes growing off it everywhere an interesting specimen for the student docs on rotation??
When he was 6 months old I fell pregnant again, not really the plan, shocking to start with but did'nt take long to realise how much i wanted this baby especially when the bleeding started, this time I was terrified and wanted to be monitered closely again the medical staff were not overally helpful, I had an early scan that showed a HB and also a large bleed, brown blood continued with the odd bright bleed, but I felt okay.. 12 week US came DH could'nt make it, so I took a close friend the lady who did the scan was very quiet... I was so scared that the baby had died, I kept pressing for answers in the end she told me the baby was alive but it did'nt look good, to expect to go home and MC, the tear was huge, my friend was so shocked to this day she talks about it, I went home to bed rest at 14 weeks I was back at hospital with bad cramping and early labour type pains, i stayed in hospital overnight but nothing else could be done, i was sent home on bed rest, my next scan was at 17 weeks, I was so sure that I would lose the baby, i just kept expecting to hear there was no HB but...there was and at bleed had nearly healed itself, by 21 weeks it was completely healed, my doc told me there was a possiblity of going into early labour and our goal was to make it to 28 weeks, in the end we went 10 days over and I gave birth to a healthy nearly 10 pound baby girl. Placenta had a whole side extra grown on to it, I had a large bleed myself cause it came away in a hurry...
Another 3 early MCs visits with visit in between to different professionals to see if there might be a solution to our problem, all the usual ??? have I used drugs..etc fianlly I found someone who i thought had an answer, my cycle was short 21-24 days he thought that it was too short for the baby to properly attatch and thats why I lost some and others in longer cycles? stayd but with problems... sounded likely, so we started on IVF type meds to lenghten my cycle out 28 days... perfect, fell BFP I truelly expected no bleeding and was shocked when it happended, I could not imagine how i was going to be able to hang on to this baby whne bleeding started so early and I was on progesterone pessaries to help maintain the pregnancy. I was on bed rest from about 8 weeks to 14 weeks, it's hell... I kept thinking please, if I'm goin gto lose this baby let it be over with, I can't stand this... I missed the other kids and doing things with them, I hated bed, movies, tv, magazines, my back ached I was nasty,. stressed and angry, bleeding slowed after 14 weeks then stopped around 20 weeks but still I could'nt relax, even the magic 28 week mark came and went without relief, I think I started to feel like we were going to get a live baby mid 30 weeks, even then I dared not become to complacent or think to hard about it JIC. Another beautiful baby girl was born Sept last year... all well, I am very clucky now and would love to have another baby...but it can't happen... each time the problem has become worse requiring more rest and mentaly so stressfull, so I am making the most of my babies especially my last bubs, co sleeping, baby weariing etc I am quite envious of people who have these amazing easy pregnancies and wish i could have had the innocence of it all... but... some of us have to do the hard yards and I think I have become a more compassionate person because of it . Well I hope so anyway!!!!
Good luck to you all, hope things continue to go well, remeber to put your feet up as much as possible and don't do anything unnessecary.![]()




I went on to give birth to a healthy baby boy, his placenta was extremly calcified and had extra lobes growing off it everywhere an interesting specimen for the student docs on rotation??
Reply With Quote
Bookmarks