Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Relle - how did Coopers birthday go. 1st birthdays are so exciting, your little baby is a little man now!! Fantastic news about doing the diploma. Being a doula sounds like its your calling. I am so relieved to have a new computer, it works so much better than the other one and its much quicker. I felt so lost without it (sad, isn't it LOL!!!!!).

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday

gigi01 Guest

Hi all,

Relle - thanks for the advice on the hands and knees etc for posterior. Thankfully that is my favourite position from my previous labour so it should work well!! I will definitely come on and let you know when it all starts happening....getting exciting now that we are in April.

Mel - Noosa for 3 weeks sounds divine. We go every year too and I can't wait to get back up there later in the year when the alien is born. Sounds like you had a great time.

Well, not much else is new with me - still getting some pretty strong pre-labour-y type cramps and things but nothing too exciting yet. not long to go - can't wait to meet this little person!

Hope you are all well and enjoy your Sunday nights.

Gigi xx

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Oh Gigi - stop! you are getting me all excited about waiting to hear when you go into labour!!!!! It is soooooo exciting!

I have been starting to have all of these weird little pains and niggles that I am sure I probably had with the other 2, but have forgotten about, but I just "feel" so much more pregnant this time and I am only 26 weeks or so tomorrow - sheesh it is going to be a long 14 weeks for this poor body! lol

Mel - I am LOVING my Doula-ing it is really haleping me to feel fulfilled iykwim.

The party was fantastic, we had a few friends come that I hadn't seen in ages as well, so that was lovely to catch up with them. I have some photos and will post them on the totsites when I get a chance, so have a look in a day or 2! hehehehehehe

How is everyone else going????

Ros how was the trip hun?

Hello all!!

It's been ages since I was last here it seems! Yet nothing much has changed for me, although it sounds like heaps has been going on for everyone else!

Relle -- great name -- I have finally emailed you back btw -- so sorry about that.

Is everyone going (or back from) on hols because that is the thing to do before bub arrives??? LOVE the idea of that ... just tell me that is the recommended action and I will pass that on here! As it turns out for me, I may be working up to w 38 --- is that too close?? I just don't know these things! Will I be giving birth while managing a project??
    haha

I am patiently waiting for my 20 w scan now. Things don't feel like I am pg now that I am used to it. Although, I have this AMAZING sweet tooth now that I never had before. All I want is junk food -- what is that?

Glad that all are happy & healthy!

hi girls!

sounds like we're all ticking along nicely! no baby news to report here - which i guess is a good thing!! i've been poking and prodding my uterus for the last week or so trying to get a response from my baby, but nothing yet! i'm only 15 and a bit weeks, so i know it's still very early, but i live in hope!! my DH caught me poking my belly the other night in bed and then started poking me all over - in the arm, my belly, my legs, face, and kept saying "how do you like that? hah?" he's worried that i might be annoying the baby with all the prodding - ha ha ha!!

i had a bit of an accident this morning. my phone alarm started going off at 5am this morning and it was downstairs. i went down to turn it off (in the dark) and fell down the stairs!! i lost my footing and fell down backwards hitting my bum first and then my back. i slipped down a few steps before coming to a stop. i'm pretty bruised on my bum, wrists, ankles and elbows, but the only really sore part is my back. it's not bruised very badly, but it is constantly throbbing. i've taken the day off work and am going to get it checked out this morning to make sure that i haven't chipped a vertabra or something... we're meant to start moving into the new house tonight, and finish it tomorrow (removalists coming), but it's the last thing i feel like doing now!! oh well..

the only thing going through my mind as i was falling was "oh no, don't hurt the baby!" - i didn't hurt my tummy at all though, so i'm sure the baby is well and good, although would have been wondering what all sudden activity was about!!

4 weeks today until my 19-week scan - woo hoo!! still trying to convince my DH to find out the sex... should have him sold on the idea by then...

sorry, haven't read through everyone's posts (been away for the weekend and am in a rush now to try and find a doctor to check out my back), but will read up later tonight hopefully to catch up on everyone's news!

Nox - going on holiday before bubs arrives is a brilliant idea. I was maid of honour at my BF's wedding, which was in Noosa, at 32 weeks pregnant. Apart from the wedding preparations, we had such a relaxing time and it was just what I needed. If you get the opportunity, do it! I finished up work when I was 34 weeks with Chelsea and 36 weeks with Marley. I must admit, the extra time off was nice and I was able to relax. LOL about you managing your project while giving birth!!!! Gotta love the sweet tooth. My craving with Chelsea was M&M's! I once ate a 500g bag in one sitting and had the sorest jaw from crunching so many!!!! Your 20 wk scan will be here before you know it.

Ella - so glad to hear you aren't too hurt. Although you sound like you are in a bit of pain with your back. Hope you found someone to check it out. Babies have plenty of cushioning in there, so you shouldn't worry. It's funny how some partners want to know the sex and others don't. I have a few friends pregnant at the moment going through the same scenario. Most of the time the girls win out!!! Good luck trying to get him to come around.

gigi01 Guest

Hi ladies,

Nox - when is your scan? how exciting. I wish I could have another one and see the alien again....I agree with Mel - a little holiday before bubs is a great idea. And Dennis is all for it too! (He is a very keen Noosa-ite...) Glad to hear that all is trucking along nicely for you.

Ella - what a scare with your fall! So glad you are ok - I hope that you can get some help with your back. As you progress through your pg the last thing you need is extra back pain!! How exciting re your scan too! It's a good one the half way scan - you can see so much and really get a feel for them I think. LOL at you being able to change DH's mind re the sex "by then" - you go girl!

Me - well, not much to report. Getting the 37 week tears though - just felt like a basket case today. Fell in a heap tonight and had a good old cry on the phone to DH. Thankfully he came home to help me with Ella before her bedtime and it was great. Am still getting a lot of very strong BH contrax and cervix sharp pain (boy, it's like a knife going in there!) but nothing that is telling me that it's going to be any time too soon. At least tomorrow I am 37 weeks complete and bub is 'term' so I can relax and just let it happen. Seeing Dennis on Tuesday next week so will remember to ask him about whether there is any sign of engagement or if alien is just hanging out head down.

Have a great night ladies and hope you are all well.

Gigi xx

Wow Gigi, I must say that those BH sound quite frightening and painful. You seem to take it in your stride though.
    OMG Mel, reading about your M&M issue nearly makes me want to get out and get some!

I am actually starting to feel uncomfortable...hard to lay down, hard to sit, always hungry but not really ... trouble sleeping!!! BAH

I need a holiday to get through the next 2 weeks before the scan. I am having the 20 week at the end of my 20 week! So painfully long away!

You know if I can girls, I would like to take a hol. Do you recommend the warm as opposed to the curl up by fire type?

I'm not sure about finding out the sex of my baby -- not sure it matters to me but I guess I actually have to decide!

Let us know how your back goes Ella. I hope you are feeling better.

xx

Hi Girls!

Yep, my back is feeling so much better - it was just badly bruised... i have very impressive bruises all over me where i've hit limbs on the way down the stairs - i keep finding new ones!! ha ha!!

well, we moved house on tues and are settled into our new place (well, we're set up on a mattress on the floor and everything is still in boxes, but at least the boxes are now in the right house!!) think we'll be very happy there - a nice big house in Malvern East - perfect for a young family!! it's quite a change from Chapel St and i'm not missing the drunken yobbos screaming outside my window at all!!

Gigi - i'm excited for you that you're so close now!! not very long until you'll be cradling your little one in your arms!! those cervix pains sound unpleasant - does everyone get them? hhmmmnn, not something for me to look forward to!!

Mel - glad to hear that you recommend holidays in the 3rd trimester! i'm going away to South Africa for 10 days when i'm on the cusp of the 2nd-3rd trimester (so i didn't think it was that late), but i've got some dispproving comments from some people... and lots of "what will you do if the baby arrives early?"... well, if the baby arrives that early i'll be up **** creek no matter whether i'm in melbourne or South Africa!! it would be very premature and have lots of health problems... if anything does happen we'll just have to pay with our right arm for the best medical care that's available over there...

Nox - sorry to hear that you're getting uncomfortable... how long away is your 20-week scan? mine is in 4 weeks and i thought that you were about 4 weeks ahead of me, so surely yours is coming up soon!! although mine is actually when i'm 19.5 weeks PG, so maybe that's throwing me out too...
    Last edited by ella79; April 5th, 2007 at 10:23 AM.

Nox - you go and get those M&M's and enjoy crunching every last one LOL!!!! It does get hard when things get uncomfortable, but it does get better for a while, then back to the uncomfortableness (is that word!) again later. Re the holiday, I love the warm weather (not too warm though!) and I loved showing my big baby bump in a pair of togs. Lounging by the pool with a good book, lollies, chips, etc is my idea of a good holiday LOL!!! Whatever you decide, any holiday is a good holiday. I didn't find out the sex with both pregnancies. My philosophy was, you don't get many true surprises in life, these were mine. As I've said in previous posts, I think it helped me deliver Marley as I was so desperate to find out what it was LOL!! There are so many pros and cons for each side though.

Ella - great to hear your back is ok, apart from your many bruises! How exciting being in your new house. You must be so excited to start your nursery! That was my big thing - I couldn't wait to start it and buy everything at once! The quietness must seem strange after Chapel St. Learn to ignore alot of people when your pregnant - everyone thinks its their right to push their opinions on you, however well meaning they are. Some people are so negative too! You go and enjoy your wonderful holiday and I am sure the baby will enjoy a nice relaxed mummy too!

Can I ask, does Dennis look after women who are classified as 'high risk'?? When I say high risk, I mean wanting a VBA3C?? Thanks ladies

Hi Mummato3

Dennis is usually really good with high risk and I have been told that his VBAC rates are about 75% success. I would just give him a call and ask him the question! Goodluck though and hoep we can welcome you to the club!!

Girls, will be back on later to say hi to everyone!

Thanks Relle,

I am in the middle of my B Mid at the moment so am blessed to be helping other women with welcoming their babies into the world..but hubby has said to me that my 'graduation' present will be another baby....bless is heart Having had three unnecessary luscs, I am wanting to find an ob who will support me with my desire to birth vaginally, which I KNOW I can. I look forward to talking with you more about it as the time draws closer.

Thanks so much,

Meredith x

Oh Meredith that is awesome! I applied for BA of Mid, but no luck this year, so I have trained to be a doula for the meantime!

I think it is one of the most amazing things in the world to share that journey and help women that are birthing.

I have my first birth booked for next month, then a break for my own! lol

Well as far as helping women to achieve THEIR birth I think Dennis is one of the most understanding and experienced OBs this side of town.

gigi01 Guest

Hi everyone,

back from Easter and while not wanting to freak anyone out, I am in soooo much pain. Not labour (unfortunately!) but OMG the pelvic and cervix pain I have had over the last 24 hours has been excruciating. I can literally hardly walk. I didn't have this with Ella so it's all a bit new to me....I paged Dennis this arvo just to make sure all was ok and he said that as long as there is no accompanying bleeding or contractions, all is well. I see him at 9.30 tomorrow morning anyway so he will check me out then. Will let you know how it goes.

Nox - sorry to hear that you are getting to the uncomfortable stage - trust me, the end is far more uncomfortable though and you just have to keep reminding yourself that it's all for a good cause! I agree with Mel - bring on any kind of holiday and have a rest!

Ella - great news about your new place! East Malvern is great. Will be nice and quiet compared with the rush of chapel street! Re cervix pain, I think a lot of women do get it at some stage but I didn't have anything like this first time around....so hopefully for you, the first time will be cruisy like mine! Your bruises - I can just imagine. Look after yourself and no more stair stacks please!

Meredith - welcome! I agree with Relle, Dennis is extremely supportive and is very 'minimal intervention'. (To the point where recently a friend of mine BEGGED him to to do a CS when she was 10 days overdue...LOL. I believe her words to him on the phone were "Dennis, just get this kid out of me NOW!"...) I think Relle is right - give him a call and ask - he is great on the phone....

Relle - how are you traveling along? You must be getting excited about the first birth next month! Wow - can't wait to hear about it!

Hope you all had happy easters. Will keep you posted on my appointment with the big D tomorrow.

Gigi xx

Gigi - I am in to see Dr D tomorrow as well hun, but at 4.15!

With the cervix pain, I can categorically say I completely understand. Not so much with DS 1, but with DS 2 I seriously thought my pubic bone was going to break in 2, and Dennis told me that the pains does get worse with subsequent pregnancies, so I am freaking about that! Gigi - do I tell you know that I thought my insides were going to fall out the ache was that bad! lol

I am in the 3rd trimester now, can't believe how quick it has gone. I am going to hopefully have a good chat with Dennis tomorrow as well, I am having really bad back pain this time ( I have a bad lower back anyway ) but last night I rolled over in bad and pulled something then felt likes my hips have been going to break today I am in so much pain.

I am getting really excited about my first birth, she is so positive about having a Doula there and we have had a 2nd appt with the next 2 booked in as well, so I am really looking forward to that!

Nox and Ella - not to long now till your scans girls! Can't wait to hear all about them, and Gigi you better make sure you are on here quick smart tomorrow after your appt! lol

You are all so lovely..thankyou for your replies

Relle, that must be so excting attending your first birth.. if you have any questions or want to bounce ideas, please dont hesitate to let me know.

So will you be having a doula at your birth in July?

Meredith x

Meredith - thankyou so much for that offer - look out I will take you up on that! lol

I am having a Doula for my birth. I actually originally had a student midwife lined up to come, but that did not work out and I guess I had different expectations to what she wanted to do, I never ever got to meet her in the end as she was only interested in meeting me at an appt with Dennis, and the 2 appt that were originally after contacting her were my 12 and 19 week scans, which my husband was coming too, but I thought she would want to meet anyway, but she didn't so I canned that idea and hired a Doula, which has worked well as I have now trained anyway.

Where are you studying? Are you doing the grad dip or BA of Mid?

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast