Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

gigi01 Guest

Hi girls,
    Just been for a walk and boy, I have a lot of cervix pain as a result, I feel like contractions could start at any time! Really sore down there - am going to have a rest I think. Need a few more weeks of cooking in there please!

Have a great long weekend all and Ella and Relle - good luck with Dennis on Tues (?)

Catch you all later

Gigi xx

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hey Gigi, How is the cervis pain going? I must admit that with DS 2 I had loads and loads of aches and pains in the pubic area and when I asked Dr D about it, he said that it is normal and certainly does increase with subsequent pregnancies, so heaven help me when this one starts to hurt! lol

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy birthday Dear Nox
    Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

I hope you have a great day hun, make sure you let us know what goodies you get!

Kirsten - How is the mighty fine Quinn going????? How are the boobs hun?

Ella - we have our appt today, you have your scan to don't you? Goodluck hun, it iwill be so exciting to see bubba again!

Ros - Wooohoooo - we are off to see Dr D today!

gigi01 Guest

Hi all,

Relle - Cervix pain is dreadful - I had read it gets worse with subsequent pgs but didn't realise it would be this much!
    Plus, got gastro again on Sunday night - sooo sick. Was up all night with it and am still completely exhausted and dehydrated and a bit queasy. So horrible. Hopefully it will pass, I have had enough niggles and pains etc with this pg but I know that I can't complain too much as I have a healthy bub in there and that's the most important thing....

Happy Birthday Nox! Hope you had a great day.

Good luck at Dr Ds girls - let us know how you go....

gigi

Hi Girls!

Gigi - it sure is a shocker! You poor poor thing about the gastro! Man I had a bout of Gastro at about the same time with Cooper, and I seriously thought I was going to go into labour, so I completely empathise with you hun! I hope you are feeling better sson and that your energy returns!

OK are you all ready for this ????

I have passed all four modules of the Doula Course!!!!

Once I have completed my 3 training births I will be a fully qualified and registered Doula! wooohoooooooo

Ok Onto my appt with Dr D. I told him about Campbell putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with where babies come from, and he was impressed! He also told us ( Ros and the gorgeous Sebe was there too!) about his twins asking their mum about where babies come from - hilarious!!!!!

All is well with bubs ( I think) didn't really talk about bubs, to busy chatting and he was in a mighty hurry running off to a birth!

Ella, hope everything goes well for you hun, look forward to the report back on the ultrasound!

NExt Appointment is 10th April - forever away!!!!!!!

HELLO!!!

Feels like a lifetime since I wrote!!! So much happens, doesn't it????

Well congrats Relle!!! You are marvelous! I am so proud of you and so prooud to be one of your 'girls'!

Gigi -- I heard terrible stories from another girlfriend who had gastro -- she went into hospital (cabrini) and the midwives told her she was giving birth!! (she was only 28w or so) She was totally freaking out and was trying to reconcile herself to this horrible situation. Then they finally called her Dr who came in and said that she was no where near giving birth -- just gastro!!!! AAARRGGHH! How terrbile!
    Hope that you are much better though!

I haven't seen Dennis since week 8 or so for an appointment. My 12 w was done over the phone and I am not seeing him again until something like the 16 April. Do you think that is abnormal? I mean I feel fine ....

Anyway ... hope all is well with you guys. Will fill you in on job when it is finalised! (don't want to hex it too much!)

hi all!!

sorry i've been a bit quiet - life is hectic at the moment!!

gigi - sorry to hear you're getting lots of aches and pains, and the gastro sounds terrible!! i had a bit of a scare the other day. i was at work and felt terrible pains and went running to the toilet. i was in there for half an hour!! i couldn't work out whether the pains were from my bowels or my uterus (haven't been through pregnancy before!).. it was very scary... after about half an hour the pain just went away... it was very odd, but i've been a bit constipated, so maybe it was just my bowels trying to move things along... anyway, hope you don't have any awful gastro repeats!!

relle - that's wonderful news that you have gotten through the course SO QUICKLY - talk about motivation!! you will be a fully-qualified doula in no time - how exciting!! relle, my next appointment isn't until the 30th April!! count yourself lucky!! he also whizzed through my appointment (didn't rush me, but was definitely moving faster than last time) because he had a backlog of people in the waiting room due to the birth he attended in the middle of the day. i must say, he's the only doctor that i don't mind being kept waiting by because i think, when i go into labour i want to be priority #1, and will expect other patients to wait patiently for my little bundle to make his/her debut!!

nox - happy belated birthday! i hope you were thoroughly spoiled!! i don't think there's any problem with you not seeing dennis in a while. i saw him at 8 weeks, then just yesterday at 12 weeks, and will not see him again until 19-20 weeks. yesterday's appointment was very short, and all he did (that he couldn't have done over the phone) was take my blood pressure and feel my tummy - none of which revealed anything suspicious... so i don't think you would have lost out on anything with your telephone appointment!

well, my 12-week scan went swimmingly yesterday! i can't believe how much the baby has developed since my emergency scan 3 weeks ago - incredible!! it even scratched its ear for us for entertainment value - aawwhhhh... my DH was quite impressed i think, even though he was playing cool. i, on the other hand was so excited that i started crying in the waiting room before i even got in there - ha ha ha!! our risk of Down Syndrome is apparently around 1:7,000, so that's reassuring (or at least it was until i found out that my SILs risk was 1:27,000!!!).. my DH met dennis for the first time. he thought he was a bit too laid back about everything, but my DH is a stresshead and a pessimist, so that's to be expected!! i love dennis's laid back approach, and i'm very happy with my choice of OB (which i have to thank you girls for!)...

ok, that's it for me. gigi, rest up and i hope the pelvic pain subsides a little...

Hi Girls!

Ella, I am so glad to hear everything is still going fantastic with bubbas - as we knew it would! lol I was the last patient in to see him just before rushing off to that birth, and both Ros and I were flabergasted to see him running down to Cabrini and not driving! hehehehehe. I totally agreee with you though, I never ever get upset if I ever have to wait for him, cause it is only cause he is off delivering someone else's baby, and we do want him to do the same for us and put us before his appt when we deliver!I didn't even get to sit down, straight up on the bed for exam and chat then outa there!

Your risk for Downs is awesome! mine were 1:1770 and 1:1880 and then 1:8000 or something, so very different but all good!

The thing with your bowelsis pretty normal too, I always swing from one extreme to the other just because the growing bubs is squishing you up!

By the way, if you still want to look at a Doula down the track, I am still available for you like I am with Nox, (for the love of it!LOL)you girls showed loads of faith in me, so I can only repay that!

Nox - I think it is fine to not have had your appt. If you are feeling well and you feel like you are growing, then everything would be going along just fine! If you do get concerned, you could always ring and have Linda squeeze you in!

Hope everyone else is well!

gigi01 Guest

Morning girls,

Ella - that is great news about your appointment and scan! Your figures are fantastic and it's just another sigh of relief for you on this journey as you pass each milestone. Sounds like it was your bowels the other day - ahh the joys of pregnancy! I reckon most DHs I know think Dennis is too laid back! Isn't it funny, whereas the girls think he's the best thing since sliced bread. He just makes you feel so much at ease about the whole thing, but rest assured that he is also brilliant when the going gets tough!

Relle - congratulations! Well done to you, what an achievement! Glad to hear that all is well with you too.

Nox- I seriously wouldn't worry about your appointment. If he felt the need to see you earlier he would. I think it is merely a sign that all is going along beautifully and complication free - which is what you want! your friend's gastro incident sounds dreadful. it's not a whole lot of fun at all I can tell you. Stay away from it if you possibly can!!!

Well girls, feeling quite a bit better today. A bit queasy this morning, think I might be getting the old late stage morning sickness which would be no fun but hey, what can you do? Spoke to Dennis yesterday about my gastro and sickness as I was sick again yesterday morning after brekky. He said that it's a 3 day virus this time and will take me about 7-10 days to recover completely. He also said not to worry about the feeling of losing weight with it as the baby will take everything it needs from me and my weight will catch up when i start retaining fluid again, so that's good.

Anyway, glad to hear all is going along so well for us all! Am back to see Dennis on the 29th - so onto the 3 weeklies - then I am SURE I will see him more often.....maybe.....

xxx

Hi girls,

It has been very quiet in here lately! lol

Gigi - you poor thing! I am really feeling for you hun, it is times like that when you just wish it is all over iykwim.

woohoooo down to the 3 weeklies - you are getting close girl!

Default bye bye

Hui girls i am of to Thailand tonight! Here we come Phuket!!!!!!!!! watch out markets an robbies bank balance cause were wiping the town clean

Will miss ya girls!!!!

Love Roslyn

Relle will catch up on the weekend we get back.

hi girls!

well life has been crazy with my parents in town last week (my mum and i went on a baby-soending spree which was great fun, and she bought us the Boori Sleigh cot - yippee!!), and it's about to get even crazier as we settle on our new house this fri, head up to the gold coast for the weekend, and then move into the new house next week!! exciting times!!

i went to cabrini to fill in my paperwork on monday night. another couple got their appointment date wrong and turned up and took our timeslot - doh! but it gave me plenty of time to look around the ward and admire all the brand new babies!! there were quite a few in the nursery for me to oogle, and in particular a set of twins who were lying next to each other in the same bed - aaawwwwhhh... when the other couple had finished we had our turn. the midwife we saw was wendy (same one that gave me the tour a few months ago) - she is so lovely - i hope she's there when i'm in labour!! anyway, she told us that all of the weekend antenatal classes are booked out already!! my DH can't make weeknight classes so i asked if we could attend the classes at a different hospital. she said they wouldn't have a problem with that, but i might have trouble finding someone to take me because they don't accept people from other hospitals at cabrini. i said that's fine, just book me into a weeknight course by myself then... i think she must have sensed that i was nearly in tears and said that she would squeeze us into one of the weekend classes even though it was already full - phew!! i actually would have preferred to go to the 5 weeknight classes as they're not as condensed, and there are less people in them - i hate my DH's stupid job - it always ruins everything!! aarrrgghhh!!!

don't see Dennis again for another 4.5 weeks when i go for my 19-week scan - woo hoo!! i'm lobbying my DH to see if we can find out the sex of the baby at the scan - i don't want to wait any longer!! and i'm sick of buying white and yellow stuff!!

how is everyone going? GiGi - you must be getting very close now - how exciting!!
    Relle - have you been a doula for anyone yet? i dropped the doula idea into conversation again the other night and my DH still thinks it's totally unnecessary so i think it will just be the two of us in the delivery room. think i'm going to make him come to a calmbirth course with me beforehand though because i'm really quite scared about how i'll handle the whole childbirth experience, and the last think i need him doing is saying to dennis "can't you put her to sleep or something?"!!!

gigi01 Guest

Hey all,

Ella - so good to hear from you! I have been checking this thread regularly and we have all been very slack!

Wendy is lovely isn't she - I remember her from last time. From memory though she doesn't do delivery....? unfortunately! Yay on getting into your classes - good that she took pity on you to squeeze you in. I hear you on buying all white and yellow - I am the same with not knowing. I have taken out my newborn stuff that i kept from Ella and also some boys stuff I was given and have washed it all and put it in the nursery just in case, so I have a wide selection of white, yellow, some blue and some pink, which will then have to be sorted out once I know wha the alien is!

Yes, not long for me to go now. am 36 weeks today and it's my last day of work, so that's good. am being looked after with morning tea and lunch and enjoying that so far. bit of work to do though so I should get on with it!

have been having some niggly crampy contractions, like my BH are getting stronger and will be asking Dennis about them when I see him tomorrow. I also want to ask him on whether the hollow shape around my belly button is a sign that this bub is posterior as Ella was - Relle - if you're around - have you heard that before? hopefully will get onto weekly visits with Dennis from tomorrow which would be good. feeling pretty good though and just getting ready to chill out and prepare for labour!

hope you are all well - and look forward to hearing your news!

Gigi

congrats on finishing work!! and enjoy the next few weeks of relative calmness before the little one turns your house upside down!!

gigi01 Guest

Well saw Dennis today. Still not on weeklies!!! Not seeing him again until 38 weeks (so in a fortnight...) All good though and apart from the inevitable end of the road stretching, growing and general soreness I am feeling pretty good. One of the girls in my belly buddies thread started getting contractions yesterday so we are just waiting to hear the news!

hope you are all well - where are you girls???

Gigi xx

Hi girls,

Gigi- that is great to hear all is well, At least everything is going really well if you are not on weeklies! lol still would be nice to be on weeklies, so the countown is quicker iykwim!

Babe I am not sure about the posterior position. What did Dennis say about the possie of the bub? does he think it is posterior? If you think so, get on your hands and knees girls! lol You are so strong about not finding out the sex - I am not that strong at all!

How far along is the girl in your thread? Is she 36 weeks, or a bit further? I can't wait to have my thread starting to go into labour, how exciting!!!!!

Well Ros would be nearly back for Thailand by now, I bet she has had a wonderful time, can't wait to hear all about it.

Ella - Great to hear from you hun! Sweety, what a stress about the classes, I am so glad they worked something out for you. They are really great like that. Are you showing yet? I bet you are starting to count down till your scan. You have so much happening! Trips away, new house.

I completely understand about your DH wanting just the 2 of you. It is a very personal experience and different for everyone! I have not been to a birth yet, but I have 2 ladies due in May and then funnily enough, have to have my own baby! lol

I registered my business name - Supported Birthing, so I am pretty stoked about that!

My next visit with Dennis is Tuesday week, so still a while away and will be 27 weeks, so still on 4 weeklies for a while yet! lol

OK enough waffling, have a great night, hope everyone is well!

gigi01 Guest

Hey Relle,

Great to hear from you!

I asked Dennis about the posterior thing and he said that to be honest the only time it is going to matter is when I am in labour and until then to just relax. He wasn't going to do an internal to satisfy my silly 36 week stress attack! So I was happy with that.....I asked him about my recollection of Ella's birth and that my understanding was that she was posterior as I recall the midwives saying they were going to use the syntocinin to "help turn her around" but he said that the forceps he ended up using were not the "turning right around kind" so she might have just been a little bit around...IYKWIM?

Anyway, all is good and just getting ready for the contractions to start! (fingers crossed another natural start....) Tam in our belly buddy thread is 37 weeks 5 days now - last we heard from her she was still at home with contractions but nothing really moving so we are waiting to hear the news! Very exciting though....I will be happy when I hit 37 weeks on Wednesday as then I feel that the alien can come any time...

Hey - Supported Birthing - love the name! I think that's fantastic Relle - well done.

Hope everyone else is well!

Gigi xx

Hi girls - I'm back!!!

I feel like I have been missing for ages and reading up on all that I missed has taken me forever!

We have been on a 3 week family holiday in Noosa, which was absolutely wonderful. We usually go each year but we missed out last year. Weather was awesome and I got to spend heaps of time with my best friend (who lives in Brisbane) and her gorgeous 7mth old baby girl. Then when we returned, my computer died! Its been on its last legs for a while but I was having stress attacks missing BB!!!!!

So glad to hear everything has been going well for the preggie ones.

It was lovely to come back on and see how much things have progressed for you all - such good news.

Hi Girls,

Thanks Gigi, I am pretty happy with the name. As I am looking at doing a Diploma in Childbirth Education now, I wanted something that was going to reflect both that and Doula-ing.

Dennis is absolutely right, the posterior position is only an actual issue in labour, but there is some positioning you can do to encourage bubs to turn if you still think it is posterior closer to the day, or if you are in labour try and keep forward, hands and knees, leaning forward etc so it takes the pressure off your back.

You had better make sure you come on here when the contractions start! I wil be waiting with baited breath to hear all about it!

Mel - Welcome back hun! So glad to hear you had a great trip, what a fun house it must have been with your 2 girls and your friend's little girl!

Oh - no about the computer, I think I would die without my computer these days! lol I haven't been online much over the last couple of days as we just had a party yesterday for my 30th and Cooper's 1st, and it was crazy here!

Well I hope everyone else is well, and I look forward to hearing from everyone!

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast