Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Nox - Sweety, I haven't mentioned my doula-ing for you as I wanted to let you confirm it with the girls! I am really looking forward to meeting with Michael as well, let me know when you want to organise a day and time, and if you want to get together again before then so I can give you some info to show him before we meet.

So now I can officially say I am stoked, very excited and looking forward to supporting you through your pregnancy and birth!

How much better could it get girls! Supporting one of you lovely ladies, delivering at Cabrini and with Dennis as the OB - wooohooooooooooo

You are the absolute professional! I am very happy to tell the girls that I am a Relle doula girl!! haha.

Will email you to org a time to meet again. I think that getting the info first would be really great -- plus another excuse for a tea!

Aww thanks hun!

Yep sounds like a great excuse for a cuppa! OK, email me when you get a chance, I have most tuesday without the boys now!

gigi01 Guest

Hi all,

hope that your weekends are traveling well.

I haven't been too good, had a dreadful day on Thursday after the drive up here and seriously felt like I could have been going into early labour. thankfully, the alien is still cooking and I am feeling better apart from the 38 degrees here today!!!

Nox - how unreal that you will have Relle as your Doula! how exciting....

Seeing Big D on Tuesday so looking forward to that. I think that I have grown over the last few days up here as I have just been waited on hand and foot and so not so much running around after Ella etc. I think that gives my body a chance to catch up with itself and say, ok, we need to add a couple of cms to your fundal height now! hoping that I will be still on track with my measurements when I see Dennis - should all be fine. Can't believe I am in my 33rd week. not long now.

have a great saturday night ladies and check back tomorrow.

sweet dreams

gigi
    xx

DUE ANZAC DAY!

Wow Gigi! It's all just happening there, isn't it??!! You deserve to be waited on hand and foot. But I hope that you are feeling better ... and that you have air con. How horrible 38 degrees!

I am v excited about Relle as my doula!!! It does make me seem like the preggo chick with all the mod cons! What a way to experience my first pregnancy.

I need some advice re working as a mother, breastfeeding, etc ... can I ask you guys here, or should I move this to a more 'appropriate' thread? (Silly question, but I don't really know forum etiquette ...)

gigi01 Guest

Hi all,

Nox - I am not 100% sure about advice and moving to another thread - I am new to this forum thing too and don't know what the etiquette is! But from what I have read on other threads when members talk about something that the moderators think should be moved, they jump in and give us a link to go to in order to talk about it - so maybe ask away and see what happens! happy to help if I can....

looking forward to seeing Dennis tomorrow - can't wait to check all is ok and on track!

have a great day all...

gigi

Nox - hun your can certainly post your questions here for us, but it might be better if you start new threads in the appropriate topics in order to get a broader range of opinions/ideas/suggestions. We can always come and anwer in your other threads!!!!

There is a forum for working after having a baby, one for breastfeeding etc and that way everyone on Bellybelly can post for you!

Gigi - tomorrow for you that means only a week for Ella and I to see Dr D! Wow at thinking you were going into labour! were abouts are your parents?

We all have headcolds here at the moment, not too bad, but Cooper is refusing to sleep during the day and he woke at 5am, so I am ready for sleep!

Thanks Relle and Gigi. I will post in a better place ... I am currently looking into childcare. Very stressful!!!! Good luck to you, Gigi tomorrow!!!! Very very exciting! Relle, take care of yourself and the fam!!! You poor thing.

oh nox - yep childcare sure is stressful! NOt easy at all, and even after you have the baby your ideas can change, it is really hard to pick the right place iykwim.

Yeah we will all get better, just feeling pretty ordinary right now!

Actually, are you in my area -- Stonnington? You aren't are you ...

I am actually in Glen Eira, but about 500m from Stonnington! lol My kids go to Monash Campus Child Care centre which is on Derby Road near Caulfield Plaza.

I was looking at Creches around Wattletree road as well though.

gigi01 Guest

Hi all,

yes, have been having some very strange sensations over the weekend - a few very odd contractions last night that are totally different from my usual BH so I will be asking Dennis about it this afternoon. But all is feeling well and healthy so that's the main thing now. Thankfully that Melbourne heatwave seems to have passed for the week - today is gorgeous!

Relle - my folks have a property about 200ks north of melbourne, just before Euroa. It's great up there - so nice to get away - but soooo dry at the moment. Hope you feel better soon babe.

Wow - we are all very close - Relle I am in Glen Eira too. I am looking at getting Ella into occasional care a couple of mornings a week in the lead up to birth. It's quite stressful but I think I could really use the break.

Will fill you in on my appointment later on this afternoon. Have a great day all,

Gigi

Gigi- hope the appointment with Dr D goes well, look forward to hearing about it.

I used to live in Wangaratta and Seymour for work, so know the area fairly well, I loved it up there, but I bet it is really dry!

That sounds like a great idea to get Ella into care. I was in Mornington when I had Cooper and Campbell just continued to go to his creche 1 day a week, down there and this week is my first week of having both in for a day up here!

I am supposed to be resting, but have been flat out shopping, putting a new cot together and cleaning. I have just promised my DH that I will take it easy for the rest of the day. (yeah right! too much to do!)

gigi01 Guest

Hi all,

Well, saw the great man and things are all good! Yay!

Measuring a little under average (31cms for my 33 weeks) but he said that it's basically exactly the same as last time and Ella ended up being 8lbs 2 so no problems with weight. I asked him about it because I have had the whole "gee you're small" comments since the beginning (which does get annoying) and he said that it's all fine - I am just someone who tends to be "all baby" and don't get too big (until the end - I reminded him- like the side of a house by the time Ella came out!!!)

Heart beat all good, BP was normal today (thank goodness) and my blood tests came back ace too so all in all, a very good appointment! See him again in 3 weeks - the 29th, so nearly at the weeklies!

Relle - it is extremely dry up there as you can imagine. I have never seen it like that before, it's quite depressing. The poor animals - it's very hard for the farmers.

Anyway, am going to hit the couch for half an hour while I can so hope you all had a great day!

Gigi

Hi ladies,

Gigi what wonderful news for you!

Relle are you feeling better?

I have put unknown baby to be's name down at 2 places here in Prahran (one of which is really excellent and made me think of you, Relle ... thinking advertising, you know how I am!). I went to one in Wattletree Rd today as well and was slightly discouraged ... but I will keep looking though.

Seems to all have worked out re potential dream job as well ... they feel that I am worth the hassle!!!! Can't quite believe it ... although I realise that their love for me will not translate into dream salary ... damn these 'art' industries!!!

Anyway, would you believe it that I am just home and have not even eaten dinner yet?? Off to get some FOOD!!!!

hi all!!

sorry for the long absence! i wrote a really long entry the other day (while at work), but before i could post it my boss came over to my desk to talk to me, and in my hurry to hide it i accidentally shut down BB instead of minimising it, and lost everything - aaarrrgghhh!!!

i'm sure i didn't have anything terribly interesting to say though!! everything is going well for me. after a few weeks respite my morning sickness has returned, but hopefully it will not hang around too long...

i spoke to Dennis briefly on Monday. i was paying for my flights to South Africa (going in June) and wanted to make sure that i was allowed to go to a Malaria region... he assured me if i was sensible and used lots of insect spray and wore long clothes then i should be ok. yay!! i'm so excited about our trip! staying in one of Richard Branson's Private Game Parks for 4 nights (go on 2 x 3-hour animal safari tours each day, and have unlimited access to great food and drink - including french champagne, which of course will be wasted on me - boo hoo), and then spending 4 nights in Cape Town! we wanted to go to South Africa for out honeymoon but decided it was too expensive, but now have decided if we don't do it before the baby arrives we might not have the opportunity to go again for YEARS, so are splashing out - woo hoo!!

i have my 12-week scan next tues. my DH has promised to take time off work and come (yay!), and will also meet Dennis for the first time. i'm really looking forward to it - my belly is starting to show, so hopefully that means the baby is a good size and there will be plenty for us to look at during the scan!!

ooh, still have to go and fill in the paperwork at Cabrini - i'm trying to sort out moving house, and organising holidays to perth, the gold coast and south africa at the moment, so have LOTS of things on my to-do list!!

ooh, i bought my first maternity clothes yesterday! spent a fortune (went to Premaman on Toorak Rd), but am feeling much more comfortable now - yay!

gigi01 Guest

Hi girls,

Ella - that's wonderful about your scan next week - it's so exciting - and great that DH can be there. Yay on spending a fortune - isn't Premaman beautiful? they have great stuff in there....Your trip sounds exciting too - lots of things to look forward to this year for you!

Feeling so tired here - I think that I am really nearing the end of my tether with work.....end of march can't come soon enough.

Hope you are all well,

Gigi

DUE ANZAC DAY!

Hi girls,

Gigi - awesome news to hear everything is going along really well and your BP is doing what it should! Yeah I can definately imagine how dry it is up there, it is so heartwrenching. I bet you are hanging for work to finish, the count down is on!

Nox - That is great news about getting bubs name down. What date are you actually due babe? Wow - tell us all about the job babe! I am getting there, my DH has stayed home from work today to help me with the kids so I can try and get some rest and knock this thing over.

Ella - Don't you hate it when you type out a reply and then lose it, it is so frustrating!!!!!

Woohoo on the up and coming scan!! how exciting! Make sure we hear all about it! I am so envious of your trips coming up! The only holidays we have taken in the last 3 years have been to have babies! Even this morning My DH commented about having to make sure it doesn't happen again in a hurry! no kidding!!!!

Well I had better go, have a rest and then might sort out some baby clothes and see exactly what we do and don't have!

Have a great day girls!

Ella, only 5 more sleeps till we see Dr D!!!!

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast