Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

~Jane~ Guest

yeah the food was nice, although.....I ordered cake and tea for afternoon tea and then went to sleep (had been up all night with the monitoring) and they decided not to wake me LOL ripped off, they brought me in a biccie though when I woke up.

It would be funny if we are in there at the same time

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

it would be hilarious, although we won't know if each is in there! Do you post in a bellybuddies thread? I post in July 1st-15th, but actually I will post in here as well when things happen ( I will post here first actually as I have met most of these girls irl)

When are you due to finish up work? How many weeks will you be?

~Jane~ Guest

I haven't done the belly buddies thing, I am a terrible one for keeping up with threads. I am finishing work in 4 weeks and I'll be about 33 weeks. I just can't handle getting the train every day and work has been really busy so I am hanging out for it.

I think I still have your email, I'll be in touch...I have checked out your website though so I know what you look like

Oh that is great that you are finishing up soon babe. Sounds like you will need to take it easy for the next 11 weeks!

Of course, please email me, and we can keep in touch. What do you think of Dennis so far?

Did you look at the totsites? or the Doula site? If it was the totsites, just ignore the disgusting photos of me heavily pregnant! lol

~Jane~ Guest

yep, DH and I think he's great!

I was looking at the site in your sig, your boys are real cuties too

any word on GiGi?

i had my 19-week scan this morning and all is looking "very normal" which is very good to hear. we also discovered that we're having a little girl - i couldn't be happier - i REALLY wanted a girl!!

appointment with Dennis took all of 3 mins as per usual - i really can't think of anything that i need to talk to him about at this stage!! i almost feel as i'm not "properly" pregnant because there's not much to complain about yet!!

i bought that book "active birth" on the weekend - i guess i'll have to start thinking about the painful side of the whole baby making business soon... i was surprised to hear this morning that the baby's head is already 4.5cms in diameter - and it's still got another 21 weeks left to grow - ouch!!

Ella - congratulations sweetie! How exciting for you and DH, a little girl! Great to hear that everything is progressing well. 2nd trimester is the good one, where you have lots of energy and feel relatively "normal', so go ahead and enjoy it. How is the new house going? Start busting out the pink paint now lol! Relle is going to keep us updated about Gigi. I think she was seeing Dennis today to talk about an induction. Hopefully we hear something from Relle today. How was your weddings in Perth? Aren't you heading to Sth Africa soon? Sorry for all the questions, feels like ages since I last read one of your posts lol!

Hi Mel!

geez, you have a VERY good memory!! yes, i'm heading to South Africa soon - 8th-19th June - woo hoo!!! can't wait for it - it's going to be an amazing experience!! lots of great animal sightings and some nice relaxing luxury accomodation... yay!!

the weddings in perth were all lovely, but i must confess that they are not nearly as much fun sober!! you notice how long they go for, how bad a dancer you are, and how sore your feet are!! the trip back to perth was not relaxing at all though, and we were very glad to get back to melbourne! we have so much family over there, and everyone wants a piece of you, so it's go-go-go the whole time!!

as for the pink paint, i'm going to refrain and stick with a neutral colour, but there will be plenty of pink elsewhere - blankets, clothes, toys, etc! i've been shopping online this morning and now am just sitting back waiting for my pink goodies to arrive in the post!!

the new house is GREAT! we got some decorative plasterwork done while we were away in perth and it looks great! there is still a lot to do before it's homely, but i have 2 painters lined up to give me quotes this weekend, and then a floor layer coming in to replace the baltic pine in the hallway with hardwood boards while we're away in south africa, and am in the process of choosing new carpet and light fittings, etc for the formal rooms at the moment... hopefully by the time baby arrives it will be looking good!

Nox - are you out there? haven't heard from you in a while - hope everything is going well!!

Hi Girls!

No word from Gigi yet - will let you know as soon as I hear something!

Ella Yay for the little girl!!!Congratulations hun, that is fantastic news that everything is going along beautifully!

How exciting about the trip to South Africa coming up, that is relaly not far away now, just next month! I bet the family in Perth would have been very excited seeing you and bubs! lol

We have to get off our bums and do the painting before this bubs comes too, but we are so slack and so sick of painting that we are putting it off.

How exciting to be doing all of those renos - it will be all sparkly and new when bubs arrives!

Hiya Mel - how are you sweety! how are those gorgeous girls of yours? Don't forget to email me that soup recipe hun.

I know Nox has been really flat out with work lately and she has deadlines coming up, so hopefully when they are all over, she will be able to pop in and give us an update on how she is travelling.

Well girls - 30 weeks now, just 10 to go ( seems like forever). I am on call now for my first birth, I am so nervous, but hopefully all goes well and I will be able to pop in and give you an update. then I am taking a break while I fit this baby in somewhere and then onto Nox's birth, so all very exciting now!

Had better go and get some more work done.

Default hI GUYS!!

Gees girls i am trying to read this thread and it is just to exhausting!!!! You girls can sure yap!!!

I was thinking eventhough i haven't spoken to all of you girls i would love to organise a meet up, probably at my house for a lunch sometime during the week. I will do the cooking but maybe RElle can be my organiser .

Since I was the first to rave on about Dennis on this site, i would love to meet my followers .

So who is in?

And we can talk about mr Dennis all afternoon!

P.s I live in parkdale opposite the beach so if it's a nice day we can stroll down there.

Hi girls, just thought I would let you know that Gigi has seen Dennis today and she is still preggas, and foetal monitoring is now starting twice weekly just to make sure everything is going along ok, but Dennis thinks she will go soon!

loads of labour vibes hun!!!!!!!

Ella - I do have a good memory, drives me crazy sometimes!!!!! Not long now till Sth Africa then. I can understand why you are so excited. A trip of a lifetime. Good idea to get renos done when you are not there, so long as you have someone to keep an eye on them. We had some work done when we were in Noosa (kids rooms painted, outside house painted, new tiles in kitchen/family room) but MIL was here to keep things on track and check up on their progress. Glad the weddings went well but I totally get the whole sober thing! I was maid of honour while 7 mths pregnant with Chelsea and it was so not fun! I had swollen feet (the wedding was in Noosa in Nov, so really hot), I was tired as we did so much running around before the wedding. I just wanted to drink and put my feet up!!! I like the idea of a neutral colour with the pink added. I had Marleys room painted in a very pale green and it looks so pretty with the pink stuff added like sheets, cushions etc. If I decide to have another baby and its a boy, I can add pale blue to it. Have fun shopping, its so much fun!!!

Ros - would love to spend an afternoon chatting about dennis, eating good food and meeting you all! Name the day and I'll try to be there.

Relle - can't believe Gigi hasn't had the baby yet! I predicted Friday, bummer, way off! Recipe has been sent! 30 weeks, wow that is going fast, maybe not for you though!

Relle, i remember that GiGi was 30 weeks not so long ago - you will soon be on your way to the labour ward!! how exciting about your first doula gig!! you will be absolutely great!!

Ros - thanks very much for the lunch invitation! that's my first baby-related invitation so i now feel like i am officially a mum but unfortunately i'm still working full time, so won't be able to make it
    i think you should institute a pink polo uniform!! actually, speaking of pink polos, i wanted to get the baby matching polo shirts to my DH (he wears a lot of them) as part of his b'day present for a few weeks time. but i can't find them ANYWHERE!! David Jone only have the range starting at 9 months, although i know that Ralph Lauren make them in 3 month sizes (you can buy them online, but they'll only post to US) - does anyone know of anywhere that i can find them?? he's having a little bit of trouble adjusting to the idea of a daughter (he's happy, but just unsure what he'll have in common with a girl), so i thought it might be nice to get them matching t-shirts to show that she's daddy's little girl!!

Mel - ooh, i like pale green... and it would look lovely with the white furniture... might look into that further!! i have 2 painters coming to quote on Sat morning to paint the hall and formal lounge and dining, and think i might get them to do the nursery too - will save me climbing up a ladder...

Hi Ella, I asked my GF who has lots of Ralph Lauren polos for her DS and she has bought them from David Jones and they do come smaller than 9 mths. She said that David Jones Chadstone had lots the last time she was there and you can get them in all in one bodysuit style which look very cute. Or maybe ring DJ's in town. Such a sweet idea. My DH can't wait until he can take Chelsea to the football - she can't wait either lol!!!

My BF who lives in Brisbane painted her DD's room green and emailed me the pics. She has white furniture too and it look so pretty. She told me I should do the same colour, so I did! Its called Pixie Patch (love the name!) and its from Taubmans. You should have a look at it, its such a pretty colour and I love the calming effect it has in the nursery, feels very peaceful. I have pink and white gingham sheets and other pale pink things in the room. It looks really pretty. Don't paint yourself if you can get someone to do it. I painted Chelseas room when I was 37 weeks pregnant and I wouldn't do it again. I do love painting but the professionals do such a nice job. No climbing ladders either!!!!

Wonder how gigi is going? Prob tearing her hair out by now.

My GF, who lives in America had her 2nd baby this morning. A little girl called Libby Mia, 8lb 5oz, 52cm. She has a 20mth old son. Everything went well as far as I know and I can't wait to see pics. I guessed she was having a girl too!

thanks Mel! i'll go get a sample of that colour and try it out on the walls...
    i had an argument with a woman in DJs in the city yesterday. i asked her if she had any of the polo shirts in the 3 month or 6 month sizes. she said that they only started from size 9 months. i told her that they started from 3 months, and she insisted that they didn't - aagghh!! in any case, i combed the racks and couldn't find anything smaller than 9 months, so maybe they just don't stock them in the city store (despite the fact that i bought one there last year for my nephew)... i'll go look in Chadstone tomorrow night. i rang the Ralph Lauren store on Collins St in the city too. the man there said that the only people in VIC who stock them are DJs and the RL Oulet Store in Essendon. i rang Essendon a few times but they wouldn't answer their phone - gggrrrr!!!

Hi Girls

Had a message from Gigi today, that after the foetal monitoring today the fluids levels are looking a little low, so she is having her waters broken tomorrow!

Goodluck Gigi - you will be awesome

Ella - what a bummer on the polo shirts - how infuriating!!!!! I hope you have more luck with Chaddy. By the way you are well on your way to being a mummy!!!!! Feel free to have my boys for a while if you want to get used to it!

The painting sounds gorgeous, believe it or not, this baby will have a light green room as well! The main room was already green before we did the renos, and rather than changing the colour, we are just going to paint the new wall green as well. It is called Spatial Spirit by Dulux.

woo hoo!! how exciting about GiGi!! can't wait to hear her progress...

well, i went to chadstone last night and they don't stock the polo shirts from the baby range either (only infants, which starts at 9 months). i decided that i'd just take the 9 months size anyway in the end - just to get the saga over and done with!! they look pretty small anyway...

hi girls, another update. the hospital had no spare beds, so the induction was postponed till tomorrow! lets hope bubs gets a move along tonight for her!!!!!

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast