Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

bogan: Quinn is great - started solids and is a real boy - rough and tumble I'm sure you know what I mean number 2??? you must be kidding!! I'm no supermum like you!!

Ella: don't have my birth story on here, but when I get 2 hands type, I'll put it in here if you like. I loved calmbirth and I love Di - she is soooooooo great! I only had DP with me and he was amazing - a total rock - he could even be a doula he was that good...calmbirth was good for helping the partner learn what to do and what not to do...Di refers to it as being the gorilla.

Kirsten - my DH has already warmed to the idea of being a gorilla!! he showed more interest in the whole thing than i expected, and it's giving me more confidence that he will be a great support during labour (i was a bit worried he would just try and get them to knock me out!)... would love to hear your birth story when you have time..

Relle - i hope things are progressing well for you!!

Hey there ladies -- have to stay connected to get the news -- so much happens to you all so fast!

Relle -- OMG are you here still????????????????? I am sure you must be birthing .... I am so excited!

Ella -- Yes I have some names of places near us I book 2 of them ... can't remember which but I have them noted someplace but in a rush and can't find it now. Can you remind me and / or email me about it? Do you have my email?

Ros -- I am sending you a big kiss xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Please be kind to yourself.

I have also started Active Birthing classes ... it is great. With this, t he hospital classes, my wonderful doula (who is hopefully giving birth now!) I feel so supported and like the most prepared and pampered person on earth!! haha

Ella -- also, I used to work as a uni lecturer (don't have PhD only Masters, but they thought that I was going to do PhD so maybe that is why ...). Anyway, as I am sure that Mel can agree with, there are a few perks and a lot yuk!
    I agree with this change of life direction thing ... seems that it happens a lot to new mothers. Who knows what creativity will come out. I am also in transit work-wise but will see how I feel.

OK better check this electrician and go off to meetings ... will also txt Relle ...

xx

Sorry to disappoint you Nox, Relle is having a quiet and computer free day today.

She is heading out for the day. Has still been having heaps of pre labour but that's it. If anything changes I will let you know

Relle my babe i feel bub will kmake it into the world real soon!

Nox get all the pampering you need milk it baby!!

How is everyone.

I am okay today still feeling yuk, but comming to terms with another boy!!

just have run out of boys names, still waiting for my DNA test thingy to come hope it gets here soon!!

Catch ya later girsl, i am sure we will hear of Relle's little man entering the world with in the next couple of days.

relle - you've waited this long, you should now wait another day and not have your little boy until tomorrow - then he will share my birthday ) he he he!!

nox - where are these Active Birth classes?? i can't wait to go into birthing preparation overdrive as soon as i stop working - preggi bellies classes, calmbirth meditation, and i want to find active birth and breastfeeding classes too... i want this to be a really positive experience!!

kirsten - just a question about the calmbirth relaxations.. did you always fall asleep during them?! i listened to the CD yesterday afternoon and i must have listened to the first 10 words and then just zoned out!! i assume i went to sleep... whatever i was doing, i definitely wasn't hearing any of the words!! is that ok?? am i meant to be visualising things during the relaxations or is it ok to just go blank?!

Ella...I had the same issue with the cd, I sort of don't want to tell you what will happen in your next class...but I did the same thing, fell asleep every time I listened to it I felt like I needed to set aside time in the morning to really listen to the cd so I could hear everything that went on, it is a really good idea to make sure you put the cd on every day though. What you're doing is fine - going blank is good!!!!!

I am working on my birthstory and have realised that it's actually pretty boring when written down - it was amazing though - so good of all of you girls to be preparing yourselves for a really positive experience, my birth was wonderful - the whole thing - I loved it. So there really is no need to listen to any of the gory stories.

Go Relle Go Relle, Go Relle, I'm dying to come visit you in hotel cabrini - maybe you should order 2 meals so I can prop myself up in bed next to you and chow down on the tasty treats they have to offer!! Ahh...to be back in cabrini again! Almost makes me want to have another baby just to do the whole cabrini thing.
    Last edited by Kirsten; July 9th, 2007 at 10:03 AM.

ooh, now i'm curious about the next class... maybe i'll be tested on the content of the CD?!! i hope not!!
    i can't listen to it in the morning (i have to get up at 6am to make it to work as it is, and if i was to set the alarm for 5:20am to listen to the CD i'd just fall straight back to sleep for sure!! so will have to be content listening to it in the evening when i get home in the evening for now... once i start maternity leave i can give it some more "quality" time!!
    i'm looking forward to the hotel cabrini experience!! i was thinking "oh no, what if i have the baby at home in the bath by accident (seems to have happened to a few calmbirthers or hypnobirthers) - will they still let me stay at cabrini?" he he he!! i'm sure they will as long as i pay my fees! out of curiosity, how much per day is it for meals and DH's board? they never went through fees with me when i booked in and signed my forms...

My Active Birth classes are in Carlton called BirthReady and taken by Victoria who is lovely. I am enjoying it and she does a lot of stuff according to her website.

I was told (and please tell me if this is correct) that as the mother you can order as much food from the menu as you like -- ie DH wouldn't have to pay for food then, as who is to say if/what he is eating from the immense amount you order???

And I hear that our Relle is running around doing errands at the moment!! haha Of course she is!

Ella -- did you end up finding yoga? When I start Mat leave I want to include yoga. I am at the moment doing pilates which is terrific but miss my yoga (just haven't had the time to get into a pg class!)

nox,
    i found it impossible to find anyone who runs weeknight antenatal yoga classes!! i eventually found a lady in Brighton East who does an antenatal yoga class on Sat morning. i went to that a few times but stopped. it was more about the meditative side of things rather than physical strength and flexibility (i was looking for something more physical after having done ashtanga and bikram previously)..
    when i go on maternity leave i will try a few yoga places - there seem to be a few that offer prenatal yoga during the day... but haven't really come up with a short list yet... i think there is a place in Malvern Central (wattletree rd).
    i've been doing NO exercise at all since i was about 10 weeks PG (got bad morning sickness and stopped going, then moved house, went on holidays, etc and never started again!) but am trying to make up for it now and get in shape before the baby arrives.. i'm going to Preggi Bellies classes twice a week at Recreation in Armadale (thurs evening & Sat morning), and am looking for a pilates or physio class too.. i just discovered that my health insurance covers physio which i never realised before!! which pilates studio do you go to?
    i will look up BirthReady.. i'll HAVE to give up work soon with all of these pre-natal class committments!! i just enrolled in a breastfeeding association class today too! going the 8th sept! ooh, this should be called "the exciting trimester"!! although i'm sure Relle would probably refer to it as "the frustrating trimester" at the moment!! i am going to go mental sitting around waiting for my due date, and then will be upset if (and when!) is goes by without an event!! i've been trying to tell myself that i should expect the baby to arrive until 42 weeks seeing as it's my first, but my brain is not very co-operative and still wants to use my official EDD!!

Ella: Keep doing what you're doing with the cd.
    If you do accidentally have your baby in the bath then you still get to go to cabrini and there is no charge for DH to stay, there is a charge for him to have food though - I think it's $25 but I'm not sure if that is per day or per meal - didn't find out - my DP just got food from Glenferrie road and brought it back. I ordered as much as I could and believe me you do eat it - you get ravenous. Sometimes they don't deliver everything you order - they cross stuff off the list if they think you are being a pig...i tried it every time - sometimes you got away with it sometimes you don't!

Oh well - time to go - Quinn is wanting a cuddle

ha ha!! that's a bit cheeky just crossing things off your list - they should at least call and ask what your preferences are (if they're not going to give you everything that you asked for, then they should give you things that you wanted MOST)...
    and it's good news that i can still go to Cabrini if i accidentally give birth at home in the bath - back to plan A!!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi girls,

I am still here and starting to feel very over it!

I went out yesterday to get away from the phone and do some last minute running around and catch up with a couple of people, which was really nice.

I had my first night of no pre labour for a week, so that was also nice to have a break from is it - isn't it????

Hope you are all travelling well, I am laying very low, but don't worry, you girls will be amoung the very first to know!!

I am in with Dr D again tomorrow, even though the days are dragging, the weeks are flying!

Ella: It's very cheeky indeed! They didn't understand just how hungry I was (and still am for that matter) if there is anything left on your tray make sure you put it in the fridge!! You never know when you're going to get peckish in the middle of the night The midwives encourage you to order as much as you can, DP usually ate some of the breaky stuff, I always ordered full hot breaky AND cereal AND toast AND danish AND fruit AND coffee heee heee. My mouth is watering now wanting to go back to those welcome trays arriving in your room. I would like a tray service at home now!! There are always packs of bikkies in the kitchen too - so stock up on those!

Another cabrini tip: on the 3rd day ask them if you can have a salt bath! If they don't offer one to you, I had one offered, but a friend of mine didn't. It is soooo relaxing to just get in there and soak for half an hour - by then you will think that is the nicest thing ever - take a book and have a rest!!

Ooh and another tip - ask for witch hazel when they offer ice (about the second day)- I found it was better...

Relle: You might be able to get out of the house away from the phone but a good stalker will try all of the tricks and track you down ...I'm sitting here very excited for you still - I don't know how long I can keep up this state of excitement!

Hang on babe - you can do it!!!

I sold my bugaboo lady is comming to pick it up today and i have bought my new Phil and Teds have to pick it up today too.

And i have done my DNA test have sent it back so i will be hanging on a loose thread for the next week!!

But hey i am getting used to the idea of boy no.4 my little Alexander The will be his name it was a close second with SEbie!

Relle how are you going with names?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ros, How come you never posted about your bfp? I accidentally clicked on this thread and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I did!!

Congratulations sweetheart

Hi Danni - Thanks i think when it's your fourth you kinda get blazeee about it!

But mason is soooooo beautiful he looks like you!!

how can you get blazee about another baby!! dont be silly! Remember how hard you tried to conceive seb?

thanks! Im glad Im beautiful like my son! lol

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast