Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Ladies, I am going to move your thread into the pregnancy general discussion for now, as I don't want to have specific obs singled out and seen as favouritsm iykwim? But I will put it there for now and see how we go... sorry for the inconvenience.

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

No probs Kel - will follow it to there!

Mrs K - i'm so sorry to hear about your loss - big hugs to yourself and your husband...

Relle - great news on the house! i bet the 90 days will fly by, especially with all the excitement of your son's impending arrival!!
    we're very happy with our new house although it's a total disaster zone at the moment. i have a bunch of russian painters in there at the moment who seem to be making more plaster dust and saw dust than one would have thought possible, and i have window, floor and door carpenters running back and forth doing all sorts of odd jobs as well... but the end is in sight, and i'm just so glad that we will be able to get it all done before the baby arrives - it would have been very difficult to live in the mess with a new baby, or any aged kid for that matter... i've handed in my maternity leave form and am finishing work on the 10th August - woo hoo!! so much for the career woman i thought that i'd be - i can't wait to stay at home and play mummy!!

MrsK - I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. I have no idea how you must be feeling but know that we are thinking of you and your DH. If you feel the need to talk about it, we are here for you.

Relle - hang in there babe! I hope the chiro app works wonders for you. If not, go through the list of items to bring on labour and tick them off: rasp leaf tea, EPO, curry (I know how you HATE curry!), walking (might be a problem with the sore back), sex (same reason as previous!). I really hope this bub will make his appearance soon and give you back a rest. You know that I would be more than happy to have your boys and Chelsea would love it too! Seriously, let me know if I can help.

Ella - sounds like lots of stuff going on at the house. Much better to have that stuff finished before baby, we did major renovations before Chelsea was born and it was supposed to be finished in time, but it wasn't! I was in labour while the electrician was here and bought Chelsea home to a house full of tradies! It was horrible, the house was dusty and very noisy! Great news about finishing work, you can see the end in site. It is fun staying home and playing mummy!

MrsK -- I am so sorry to hear of the loss. My thoughts are with you and your DH. Please pop in for a chat whenever you feel up to it for any reason. I wish you the best in the future.
    xxxxxxxx

Relle -- I also have a physio number on High St Armadale if you want. They have one of those tables w the hole in the middle, so if you want, I can send you the number as well. I recently went for massage in the hips and the guy was excellent.

Hi Girls,

Ella - Wow you have got alot going on! I agree with Mel though, great thing you are doing it now. I have renovated twice now with young babies ( Cooper was 8 days old when they started major kitchen renos at Mornington) and it will be so much better to have it all done before bubs arrives.

Mel - You my love are a sweetheart! I know you would have them, maybe one day when I am in hossie Campbell could have a play with Chelsea or something so Rod can handle things !lmao!!!!!! Don't forget you have to come visit me too though! That goes for all of your girls - I had better get a visit from the Dennis Club!

Nox - Thanks for that hun, I will keep it in mind. I went to the chiro last night and basically my left Hip is seized up, hence all of the pain, clicking etc. Being pregnant he was really careful though and I abviously couldn't have Xrays yet, but as soon as he had done an adjustment ( after trying on 3 seperate machine thingys before it would finally give a bit) I immediately had alot less local pain in that area and although I am a bit sore today, not as much of the full on ache I have had iykwim.

I am going back to him on Saturday for another treatment, so hopefully he might be able to get it to give a bit more again.

In to see Dr D today, still haven't decided whether or not to ask him to do an internal, will ask about the possibility of a S & S though.

Hi girls,

Went and saw Dr D, he was at a delivery, but only had to wait for 15 mins or so.

I had both of the boys with me which makes things really difficult. I asked about the possibility of a S & S or an internal and he said he would do it if I really wanted it, but was I prepared for the news if it wasn't favourable and what would it achieve anyway when he knows how much I have worked towards having a natural birth.

He said that he is well engaged, and that he would expect me to go similar to Campbell ( Labour started 40w + 1d) . I was fine there, and thought yes he is right, what would I do anyway if I knew - nothing would change and he acknowledged that all I would have to do is tell him I have had enough and he would induce me, but also agreed that there are no guarantees that it would be the same positive outcome that Cooper's birth was should the cascade of intervention begin.

I think I am upset cause now I know I still won't know anything for at least another week till my next appt and he will probably talk me out of it again.

He also said that I am probably finding it even more difficult given my chosen profession now, and a big part of what I do is to encourage women to be patient and let their bodies do things in their own time - you know what he is right - what a fraud I would be if I can't at least do my best to wait it out regardless of what else is going on.

Relle - would love to have Campbell over, he and Chelsea play very well together and we don't want Rod pulling his hair out LOL!!! You know I'll be there to visit, can't wait to meet this little man who's been causing you so much grief! Glad to hear the chiro helped, maybe another treatment will do better.

Dr D is a wise man, maybe too wise! He is saying things you know but prob didn't want to hear. I wouldn't think you are fraud by not waiting. Every womans circumstances are different and you have to take that into account too. If your back/hip pain becomes too unbearable, you shouldn't be thinking about what others would think of any decisions you make. As they say, you've gotta do what you've gotta do. Get out that list of natural induction methods girl LOL!!!!
    Last edited by MelS; June 28th, 2007 at 03:35 PM.

Relle, don't give yourself a hard time. You are doing so much extra stuff at the moment, you have 2 boys, sold a house, have to think about moving, doing your courses, helping other women ... the list goes on. Try to relax yourself about this birth. If you need to be induced, then you need it. Who is anyone else to tell you otherwise.
    On the other hand, it is really nice for D to remind you that you and your body can handle anything and that all experiences are different. You will always do the right thing for yourself!

Relle - You know your body best, i don't think you should be so had on yourself, if you want to be induced that is your decision and there is no wrong way or right way of birthing as long as it feels right for you.

When are you in to see him? I have my ultrasound on Tuesday then i have my appt at 2pm with Dennis.

Do you want to organise to go to a inddor playground this week i need to tke the kids out. I can only arrange it for a Thursday or Friday.

This invite is for everyone, maybe at L>ollipos in Bentleigh EAst or Kids Space at moorabbin?

Hi girls,

Thankyou so very much for all of your words of support - as always it really does mean alot.

I have just been for my 2nd chiro treatment and while I am still very tender and in some pain, it is no where near as bad or as constant as what it was. I am so glad now that Dennis really did leave it up to me, but point out the obvious, cause I do feel so much better for sticking it out. Obviously the nights are the worst, when you are really tired and you don't think your body cause possibly take another day, but then I have mornings like this morning, and I wake up and just know it is not going to happen today, so relax and enjoy the day.

Rod has taken Campbell to the movies for the first time today to see Shrek 3, so I can't wait for him to get home and hear his reaction, but it is lovely to have a little bit of piece and quiet now while Cooper is in bed.

I am also enjoying our first weekend of not having to worry about the house etc, so I am going to make the most of the weekend with my boys, before this bubs makes an appearance.

Ros, I should be right to catch up on Thursday if this little man hasn't made his appearance. I wonder if Gigi will be back by then and free?

Thanks again girls, Gotta luv ya!

hi relle - how are you feeling? any exciting developments to report?!
    and did campbell enjoy his first trip to the movies?

Hi Ella - How are you hun?

Sadly nothing to report except some tightenings and increased discharge ( sorry for tmi! lol)

I have been trying a few things, walking, dtd, nipple stimulation and tonight I am going out for dinner to Taco Bills - yuuuummmmmmmm going to have some fajitas and an alcoholic beverage to relax - woohooo Might even have some choc mousse if I can fit it in too, it is my friend's 30th bday so just her and I are going out without DHs and kids!

Campbell didn't last the whole movie sadly! so just as I sat down for my rest, they got home! lmao

Typical male!

Mel - I hope your first day back at work went really well hun and that you got a chance to have lunch and go to the toilet in peace - ohhh the little things , I am so envious!

Just think girls with any luck I will be in hotel Cabrini within a week!

How are you going babe? How are things ticking along? When is your next appt with Dr D? I am in again on Thursday.

Unhappy Hi girls a bit dissappointed

Baby is healthy a 1 in 20,000 result for nuchal scan.

It looks like it may be another boy, which is only 75% correct but i was hopeing the no i can't see anything but i have to say i think i saw something sticking up.
    I can only breed boys!!

Ros - hun it is still so early babe! Don't give up hope, remember they got the sex wrong for Cooper at this stage.

I am still sending you huge though, I know how much you are desperately hoping for a girl this time babe.

That is great that the nuchal fold came back so great though.

Ros - hears hoping your eyes were playing tricks on you!!! Great nuchal fold results though. Would love to catch up but unfortunately I am back at work now on Tues and Thurs, but if another day suits, I'm there!

Relle - you and Taco Bills PML!!!! How did you manage to escape for the night without DH and kids? Lucky you and I hope you made sure you pigged out on choc mouse and some extra spicy food! What a shame Campbell didn't last for the whole movie, try again another time. First day back was great, eating lunch with a group of adults was so nice and I got to eat it while it was still hot LOL!!! And going to the toilet without someone crawling after me was nice too! Looking forward to visiting you in Chateau Cabrini very, very soon.

Nox and Ella - how are you guys travelling?

Gigi - are you back yet?

Mel - The outing to Taco Bills was LOVELY!!! I had 2 pineapple margheuritas(sp) and choc mousse as well as fajitas. Rod was fantastic actually, I was supposed to be going out with her tonight, but had to change it to last night, lucky I already had spag bol cooking away in the slow cooker, so the boys were already sorted!

I was actually out with my support person from Cooper's birth and only 500m down the road from Cabrini - so she was all set for me to go into labour! hahahahaha - I wish!

So glad to hear your day was civilised! haha it is amazing isn't it, when the little things like eating a hot meal and going to the toilet in peace are like luxuries!

No sign of Gigi yet, I bet she is having a fab time on her holidays!

Ahh Ros -- you never know though as you said -- 75% correct. But at least the test results were good. You could keep going with the boys and soon you will have your own sports team! There aren't enough good men in the world, so I for one am happy that you are doing your bit for the future!

Mel -- sorry love didn't look closely -- how long did you wait to go back to work? Are you staying at 2 days, or will you increase it? Do you use childcare those days??

Relle -- you are SO ridiculously close!!!! If you go into labour or have the baby on a Thurs let me know because I am in birthing classes then!! LOL!! Can't believe you will see your little one so soon!! It's wonderful!

I am now 2 months away from D-Day and feel good. I have managed to book myself up with going to bands, going to the coast all the way up to the week before, but whatever, right?? DH is starting to worry about how he will know to get me to hospital. Remember Relle, how he was so worried about the stairs as well? he's brought up how much time and will I really know when I am in labour at every discussion with Dennis and at the hospital classes! Very cute.
    The baby is all head down and there is still a lot of moving around. Can't wait -- we started to set up the room the other day.

Hope you are all going great!
    xx

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast